• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does it make a difference if you use 3 of Coins on heroic strike bosses vs lvl 35 bosses?

Nop. Ultras is the only factor.

Fucking 3oC. Spent 16 only got 2 drops and it was shit i already had where as my mate got 5 drops in the same time AND 3 were new items!

D: I got 2 within 7min of each other doing strikes

join me and i'll show you

yea join up

psn: ruthlesbarbarian
Is this not the click same thing in different areas at the same time emblem?

ocean

Banned
How much of a bother is it to collect the fragments needed to get ToM? Am I going to hate myself if I end up setting my heart on trying to get this gun?
Way, way less ridiculous than the Exotic swords.

I have a hard time imagining the meeting where someone came up with "Farm 200 Relic Iron nodes" as a quest step and got people to agree.

The only explanation is, since Patrol is boring garbage every player abandons 2 days after starting the game (unless they go back for a bounty), they needed to force people into Patrols to keep the Taken Champion events populated.

I wonder if doing the first story mission would be enough time between 3oC?

hmm, with loading time and 2 scan locations, it should be. I really wish they would have told us exactly how long the cooldown is. even the math wizzes are going to have a hard time with this due to it being random

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man I'd have finished the 3 exotic sword quests by now if not for these 25 fucking guardian kills. It's so frustrating. Someone is gonna say "just do it in rumble with no ammo" but it never fucking works for me I just get shotgunned in the face. I hate this step even more than farming the stupid materials.

Ophelion

I have a hard time imagining the meeting where someone came up with "Farm 200 Relic Iron nodes" as a quest step and got people to agree.

The only explanation is, since Patrol is boring garbage every player abandons 2 days after starting the game (unless they go back for a bounty), they needed to force people into Patrols to keep the Taken Champion events populated.

So what you're saying is I should do this before I get my exotic sword. Got it.

I use patrol for lots of stuff. Cooling off to just get in the groove of shooting stuff if it's been a while since I played or if I just did something super stressful and don't feel up to jumping into anything challenging again. Sometimes I use it to test theories about weapons I've acquired but am on the fence about. Obviously, I use to edge over my faction rep when it's sitting on the line.

But, then again, I'm one of those weirdos who finds grinding in old JRPGs like Dragon Quest strangely comforting. Maybe I'm not the best person to ask about this stuff. If I don't have an itch to do something right now, I'll sometimes transmat into the cosmodrome and just chill out, grab some mats, do some bounties.

hmm, with loading time and 2 scan locations, it should be. I really wish they would have told us exactly how long the cooldown is. even the math wizzes are going to have a hard time with this due to it being random

Yeah the stats are against you on that. You'd probably need 50 or so kills at each time period to see if you could spot the pattern. i.e. 50 kills with instant rekills 50 with 5 minute gaps and 50 with 10 minute gaps.

Even then you'd only be getting 3 or 4 drops on average so then if you only get 1 drop you have to guess whether you've been unlucky or you've Hut the nerf barrierbarrier.

Raybunny

Where are you ma man?

I don't plan to. But what if I ever need one of them for whatever reason, would I have to fully upgrade it again?

pretty sure its the full Y1 version, damage nodes and all. completely un-leveled

Yeah the stats are against you on that. You'd probably need 50 or so kills at each time period to see if you could spot the pattern. i.e. 50 kills with instant rekills 50 with 5 minute gaps and 50 with 10 minute gaps.

Even then you'd only be getting 3 or 4 drops on average so then if you only get 1 drop you have to guess whether you've been unlucky or you've Hut the nerf barrierbarrier.

im not strong in math.....

LordofPwn

Here is my year 2 exotic weapons kiosk:

CPt1iR8UwAEkyMo.jpg

So I am missing:

Ace of Spades (quest)
Fabian Strategy (quest)
The First Curse (quest)
Zhao Supercell (RNG)
Time To Explain (??)
Touch of Malice (quest)

The Chaperone (quest)
Telesto (RNG)
Sleeper Stimulant (??)

Bolt-Caster (quest)
Dark-Drinker (quest)

All of these would completely fill up my every missing spot in my Exotic Weapons Kiosk....
Left to right top to bottom you are missing:
Zhalo Supercell
Fabian Strategy (Titan Gunsmith Rank 3 quest)
First Curse (rank 5 Gunsmith quest*)
Ace of Spades (Hunter Gunsmith Rank 3 Quest)
Touch of Malice (Hunger Pangs Quest)
No Time to Explain (???)
Telesto (Drop)
Sleeper Simulant (Invisible Quest involving Banshee)
Chaperone (Amanda Holiday Quest)
Bolt-Caster
Dark Drinker
could have sworn there was a solar version of a thunderlord though so idk if Heavies are explained fully yet, but everything appears to be accounted for which means No Time to Explain and Sleeper Simulant are the only ones no one has gotten or know exactly how to get.

ocean

Banned
Where are you ma man?
Not gonna play this weekend, maybe find some ghosts in the morning. PvP is ruined, Hand Cannons are shit and my only remaining quests are Bungie's best attempt at a AAA FarmVille (in this case I swear I'd pay for a micro transaction to complete the bullshit quests).

Gonna be playing less until resets when new CoO tiers or cool secret Daily missions are found :)

X-Frame

Anyone else want to do the final Exotic Sword strike tonight at roughly 7:30 PM EST?

I have a Void sword, so it would be awesome if I can get 2 others who also have a Void sword.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Gotcha, that makes sense,

But do random drops of Year 1 weapons have a chance of being Year 2? Or can you only get Year 2 versions with marks?

I think the only Year 1 exotic drops would be those that are Year 1 only and exclusive to certain quest lines like Vex Mytho and Necrochasm. I don't believe you could get a Year 1 Suros from a Nightfall or anything like that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
-make sidearms useful
I didn't realize everyone started thinking sidearms weren't useful. interesting. The Vestian Dynasty is definitely still pretty killer in the Crucible and when I got my hands on a decent legendary one I was going to try rolling with it in pve for a while.

Raybunny

Not gonna play this weekend, maybe find some ghosts in the morning. PvP is ruined, Hand Cannons are shit and my only remaining quests are Bungie's best attempt at a AAA FarmVille (in this case I swear I'd pay for a micro transaction to complete the bullshit quests).

Gonna be playing less until resets when new CoO tiers or cool secret Daily missions are found :)

ok , sounds fair. I am grimoire hunting.

flkraven

I still think that the hardmode oryx will give us some way to infuse weapons to add/change their burn. That's probably where the solar thunderlord came from.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone want to do the final story mission against Oryx on XB1? Want to run through again on my alt and I know he'll be a pain to solo since I don't have best gear or super.

hydruxo

What's everyone's 3 of coins luck been like? Just spent a couple hours running vanguard strikes back to back, used 8 coins, no exotics.
Edit: Only one legndary engram as well, from random trash. Maybe my luck is just abysmal this morning.

2 exotics in 5 coins for me from Heroic strikes.

im wondering if elementary primaries are a thing of the past. wont know for sure until hard mode I guess, but I was surprised that NM raid had non-elemental primaries

I'm a little confused on how the Three of Coins works. If I use one and play normally (let's say play a Strike), but no Exotic engram drops from the boss, does that mean the item has been used up and I need to consume another? Or does it mean that the next boss I fight has an even better chance of dropping an Exotic engram?

Do they basically guarantee an Exotic drop?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hmmm... Draksis isn't dropping anything for me any more. I've got like eight 3oCs going. Weird.
They patched it. There's a cool down now your wasting your coins as we don't know the length of the cool down. Bungie said playing strikes in succession and popping before boss is the way you should be doing it now.

Top Bottom