• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

Hmmm... Draksis isn't dropping anything for me any more. I've got like eight 3oCs going. Weird.

Using more than one at a time doesn't do anything. It stacks the buff when one is consumed without awarding an engram; the next 3oC gets a higher drop chance.

I had no idea the Raid weapons had randomized bubbles... that kind of sucks.

At least I got the scout rifle with auto-fire but I wonder if my rocket launcher could have had tracking.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm a little confused on how the Three of Coins works. If I use one and play normally (let's say play a Strike), but no Exotic engram drops from the boss, does that mean the item has been used up and I need to consume another? Or does it mean that the next boss I fight has an even better chance of dropping an Exotic engram?

Do they basically guarantee an Exotic drop?
Both. You'll use it. If no drops pop again just before next boss. Because you got nothing last time you'll have a better chance. They don't guarantee a drop. It's random.

Mupod

I wonder if the 3oC buff persists through server resets and the like. I used 3 a few days ago but ran out before I got any drops.

RetroMG

Using more than one at a time doesn't do anything. It stacks the buff when one is consumed without awarding an engram; the next 3oC gets a higher drop chance.

Really? That sucks. When it was originally explained I thought I read that it stacks no matter what.

Man I'd have finished the 3 exotic sword quests by now if not for these 25 fucking guardian kills. It's so frustrating. Someone is gonna say "just do it in rumble with no ammo" but it never fucking works for me I just get shotgunned in the face. I hate this step even more than farming the stupid materials.

I found Rumble to be a terrible mode for sword kills. Everyone is on a hair trigger with shotguns, sliding and blinking everywhere. Only do rumble if I have fire team members a who want to cheese and trade sword kills with you. Team matches like control and even rift were much more successful for me. You know players will be at control points holding still and teammates provide distractions and assists for you to clean up with a sword. You are also much more likely to get heavy ammo with a team holding down an ammo crate than in Rumble where the better players always get it first. All that said, I hated this part of the quest and do not look forward to doing it two more times on alts.

zewone

hmm, with loading time and 2 scan locations, it should be. I really wish they would have told us exactly how long the cooldown is. even the math wizzes are going to have a hard time with this due to it being random

Just tried it.

He didn't count as an ultra. Or it didn't take my buff for whatever reason.

EL CUCO

I've said it before but it needs saying again:

The Chaperone is a frickin beast in PVP.
You're the only person I've ever heard say that. I tried it and was left disappointed.

If it cant beat or match PC+1, its no beast. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

I had no idea the Raid weapons had randomized bubbles... that kind of sucks.

At least I got the scout rifle with auto-fire but I wonder if my rocket launcher could have had tracking.

My raid RL has tracking but its not great with the low velocity. Probably would have preferred proximity if it even rolls on it.

I'm a little confused on how the Three of Coins works. If I use one and play normally (let's say play a Strike), but no Exotic engram drops from the boss, does that mean the item has been used up and I need to consume another? Or does it mean that the next boss I fight has an even better chance of dropping an Exotic engram?

It means both actually.

You use one and it is used up whenever you beat an Ultra, but if you didn't get an Exotic Engram, your chances of getting one THE NEXT TIME YOU USE A 3OC will increase.

So it does guarantee an engram.

Eventually.

And after several likely uses.

ocean

Banned
I keep hearing that Chaperone either sucks or is amazing.

WHICH ONE IS IT?! :O
If you use it like a normal shotgun it's an Invective type - fast fire, but with amazing reload.

"It sucks" is the impression of those who wanna one shot at Felwinter's range. Since you shoot a single big ball and not a group of 12 pellets, this requires careful aiming to the head. Takes practice. But the two shit kill is super satisfying with this. Love it for PvE.

Number45

I remember someone saying that the legendary edition equipment was going to be put onto the store for $20 (or UK equivalent) at launch but I can't find anything in there. Am I missing something? Bought the DGE originally so I had no choice other than to buy TTK collector's.

Frenden

Banned
I didn't realize everyone started thinking sidearms weren't useful. interesting. The Vestian Dynasty is definitely still pretty killer in the Crucible and when I got my hands on a decent legendary one I was going to try rolling with it in pve for a while.

I have a 298 vanguard, Hakke sidearm with Reactive Reload, Spray and Play, and Speed Reload that might be fun. I keep meaning to, like, shoot the thing sometime.

Wallach

everything I've heard is that these weapons are in line with the Prison of Elders weapons. Which is to say they're mostly crap.

Nah. The PoE weapons were basically down an entire perk, wasted on some pointless Fallen-specific thing, so they were just kind of worse than standard legendaries. The raid weapons have WoL perk baseline, and one of their two main perks is always Cocoon, which is actually pretty decent. Some of them also roll for perks outside their weapon category.

Avixph

You're the only person I've ever heard say that. I tried it and was left disappointed.

Doesn't mean chaperone is bad, the sniper shotties are just too good. They should have been nerfed to the ground or removed.

LTWood12

Nah. The PoE weapons were basically down an entire perk, wasted on some pointless Fallen-specific thing, so they were just kind of worse than standard legendaries. The raid weapons have WoL perk baseline, and one of their two main perks is always Cocoon, which is actually pretty decent. Some of them also roll for perks outside their weapon category.

Cocoon does seem like a nice perk, but it seems like to account for that, they made the reload speed on everything God-awful. Haven't even set foot in the raid so I'm just going off of what others have posted here.

Wallach

Cocoon does seem like a nice perk, but it seems like to account for that, they made the reload speed on everything God-awful. Haven't even set foot in the raid so I'm just going off of what others have posted here.

They do have slower than average reload mostly. Idea being that if you have multiple of them, you can rotate weapon slots and just never reload at all.

Namikaze1

I'm done! I am fucking done! No more farming for those goddamn rare mats! I am done!

Now I just need to do ability kills on Warlock and Hunter to be truly done with this part of the quest. But the bullshit part is done!

Kyoufu

Are you saying that just because one gun is stupidly good, the others can't be good?

I find your logic disturbing.

Anyway I'll upload some Chaperone PVP goodness later. The multi-kill potential with it is great.

EL CUCO

Doesn't mean chaperone is bad, the sniper shotties are just too good. They should have been nerfed to the ground or removed.
Can't argue with that. Lol
Are you saying that just because one gun is stupidly good, the others can't be good?

I find your logic disturbing.

Anyway I'll upload some Chaperone PVP goodness later. The multi-kill potential with it is great.
I've ran through 3 people back to back to back at point blank range with Chaperone. Granted, I wasnt aiming for the head...but it's a freaking shotgun FFS. First 2 were left 1 shot, and only the last one died. I had to go back and clean them up with my primary. If that isn't the example of a shotgun that's not a "beast", I dont know what is.

The gun is fun, just not very efficient for pvp

E92 M3

Cocoon is great, never have to reload at all. Now, if I could only get the raid LMG....

I'm done! I am fucking done! No more farming for those goddamn rare mats! I am done!

Now I just need to do ability kills on Warlock and Hunter to be truly done with this part of the quest. But the bullshit part is done!

Please update with where/how you farm the ability kills with you Hunter Mr Nami. I will provide cookies for details answers :)

Edit: Cause I need to do them too :(

Top Bottom