• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

zewone

This is pure hyperbole and I'm baffled Bungie even listens to this, 10% of the Destiny population or less has enough funds to constantly reroll for god teir perks.
This is hyperbole.

You pulled out a percentage from nowhere.
I'd assume most people would say it was much higher than 10%.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are we supposed to use it just before a boss? I thought that would be too fast.
My brain is like, struggling to figure out what you could mean here, lol

the nerf should affect how effective the drop chance is when used to kill bosses too close together (i.e. if you just suicide kill a boss multiple times a minute)

How long it is between using the coin and killing a boss shouldn't matter at all... I can't imagine how it could really.

I tend to pop them right at the beginning of a strike just so I don't forget.

Deku Tree

I hope they make ToO much harder to do carry trains. Like reward people based on their individual performance. And I hope they don't lock Primarily PvE weapons (like elemental primaries) behind ToO or god tier PvP in general.

bitsurugi

Finally done with the stupid farm quest on my titan, abilities for solar were a breeze (1hit melee non stop recharge ftw), but that darn mat farming... anyone want to buy some helium? :D

My gang:

- 307 titan
- 304 hunter
- 302 warlock (still has to do story :D)

Ambitious

What's the bloody point of adds spawning after killing the boss (Taniks)? I'd like to put my goddamn controller down, but I can't if it keeps on vibrating.

Bizazedo

I tend to pop them right at the beginning of a strike just so I don't forget.
Isn't the timer based on when you last used a coin, not when you last killed an ultra?

Like I pop it, kill get +%, kill draksis, pop it again immediately and that is less of a boost due to quick turnaround time?

Sword transfer trick works, skipped 25 pvp / 50 major kills and straight to farming materials + ability kills.

Cool! Just to confirm. I move over a sword on my main who has completed an exotic sword quest. I then level up said sword and Shaxx will tell me just to farm for that sword?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Isn't the timer based on when you last used a coin, not when you last killed an ultra?

Like I pop it, kill get +%, kill draksis, pop it again immediately and that is less of a boost due to quick turnaround time?
Uhhhhhh. You then also kill draksis again immediately, so... there's no way to figure this out that I can think of, and it also shouldn't matter. If it's when you pop a coin, then since I've used one at the beginning of strike it's a full strike before using another. If it's when a boss dies, popping a coin at the beginning of a strike means it's still a full strike before another boss dies.

neoism

The Taken King was in development for longer than people think—it actually started months before the first game. Even before vanilla Destiny came out, Smith says, they were looking at ways to make the story better, improve missions, and so on.

They knew from the beginning that Destiny’s original leveling system was flawed. “When that went out the door, we were not thrilled with it.”

Disgusted-gif.gif

I need details now.

Give the 2nd and 3rd sword from your alts to your main, who should have already done the quest. As soon as you level up the swords past 280 and fill them up the bubbles, talk to Shaxx and he'll give you the quest to farm mats and get ability kills, skipping the pvp/majors part.

just got a 7.0 K/D with sniper and last word and my chaperone bounty went DOWN! how? almost lost 20%

i was super excited to see how far it's done and was super dissappointed. what did i do wrong?

LiK

Bought my new iphone today DGAF. And I pick up my puppy tomorrow. And I just got my legendary sword. Today has been a good day.

Here's a pic of the little guy, the fiancee wasn't a fan of Dinklepup so we went with Goku.

6PX77tc.jpg

Should've went with DD

Lnkn52

Bought my new iphone today DGAF. And I pick up my puppy tomorrow. And I just got my legendary sword. Today has been a good day.

Here's a pic of the little guy, the fiancee wasn't a fan of Dinklepup so we went with Goku.

6PX77tc.jpg

so cute.

BTW is that a photo from the new iphone? /derp

I've been using 3oC's on the end strike boss and when I do, they don't even drop as much loot as normal, much less an exotic. Anyone else noticing this? I'm literally getting a single blue off most bosses

R0ckman

This is hyperbole.

You pulled out a percentage from nowhere.
I'd assume most people would say it was much higher than 10%.

That's right on target for almost all of the statistics I've seen, the last recent one showed that only 10% of the players across the platforms that raided last week beat the raid, there was also only less than 20% of Destiny players even completed a raid on PSN as of around April/May this year. Half the time I don't run into any of the Crucible issues everyone on here does. The only issues I've seen consistently that's really bad is the shot gun, buts that's been going on since vanilla release. How many players in the Destiny population have 3 toons to pile up motes of light and burn through them for over a dozen Xur engrams and rolls, and play them all in a weekly clock work fashion?

Top Bottom