• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Trickster

Would anyone possibly be interested in joining our raid team in little over 30 minutes for a fresh raid? We cleared the raid last week but one from our group couldn't make it tonight.

Ideally we'd want someone who is 290+ and have also cleared the raid, or at least understand all the fights.

Kyoufu

Is it true that Heroic Strikes have the same loot table as the regular playlist?

If so then I've been wasting my time in Heroic.

i'm glad reforging is gone. some guns became way too OP in PVP
Bungie hasn't removed them though. Instead of balancing the perks they are just making it so you have to play 100s of hours or get lucky to get a perfect roll Shot Package shotgun, or what not.

Afrocious

I have a bunch of Three of Coins to blow. Join on me if you want to do a strike train. Normal or heroic. Dunno if you get better gear for heroic or not though.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So Luke Smith confirmed on Twitter that new Iron Banner weapons won't have reforging.

I guess I see why they are doing it to promote the loot aspect of the game for PvE centric players but now the PvP side suffers from some players getting imbalanced perks on their weapons through RNG. Or I can use my good weapons in PvP (rerolled hopscotch, allfate, spare change, matador, dry rot, ash factory, etc) and get punished with low light drops and not being able to use them in Trials or IB.
I WANT THAT SIDEARM!

CJ2pIaiXAAAEWC7.png

LiK

Bungie hasn't removed them though. Instead of balancing the perks they are just making it so you have to play 100s of hours or get lucky to get a perfect roll Shot Package shotgun, or what not.

yea, i've seen them around altho at least they won't be so common in Trials and IB anymore because of their lower attack values.

Axoman

There worth 100 rep each the factions i think. Easy faction leveling

How do you get faction rep with motes? I used a bunch to level up weapons and I was pledged to Dead Orbit, but my faction rank didn't move one bit. Did I need a Dead Orbit class item equipped?

MrDaravon

Is it true that Heroic Strikes have the same loot table as the regular playlist?

I'm curious about this as well. I know that there's certain items that can only drop in the Heroic versions (like the Flayer capes etc), but other than that I've never been clear on if there's a higher engram chance to drop or what.

How do you get faction rep with motes? I used a bunch to level up weapons and I was pledged to Dead Orbit, but my faction rank didn't move one bit. Did I need a Dead Orbit class item equipped?

Talk to the faction guy, there's an option at the top to trade materials for rep.

ich00

RAID TIME!!!!

Hey DGaf, I am going to try and get a group together for a full King's fall raid tomorrow night, roughly between 9-10pm EST. I'll be joined by 2 non-gaffers, so will need 3 other brave souls to help us complete it. I'll start a PSN chat with whoever wants in so that we can coordinate a time and what not. Disclaimer: we haven't finished the raid yet, got the Golgoroth and couldn't get him dead.

1. Me! ichabod00
2. my brother
3. no gaf friend

DarKshodaN

I will go Farm some exotics from the Strike,next Goal is to hit Light LvL 305 with some 310 Exotics i hopefully find!

If someone from my Blind Raid Team sees that and they want to start, just send an invite in psn.

FinKL

In my experience, Heroic might be better quality loot, but I definitely get more items per minute with regular strike. Heroic is good for the 1st 3 to guarantee Legendary Marks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Psion Flayers are pretty much helpless against a leveled up sword (280+). You can take all 3 down before the Cabal dropship even arrives.

Appears true for me. I've gotten a 295 Ghost, a 294 Helmet and multiple Sublime and Legendary engrams from regular strikes. Heroic loot table needs a buff to make it worth your time.

sephi22

I will go Farm some exotics from the Strike,next Goal is to hit Light LvL 305 with some 310 Exotics i hopefully find!

If someone from my Blind Raid Team sees that and they want to start, just send an invite in psn.
Any tips? I'm 295. Besides completing the raid (I'm 80% done) what else can I do to get my light up?
How are you farming exotics in strikes? 3oC?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just completed the TLW part of the chaperone quest along with getting Eyesluna for my troubles from the last match.

Thanks bungie! I'll never use TLW again.

I just finished it as well. Good riddance!
Wish more people shared our feelings about that gun.

Go to your pledged faction. They will be a bunch of packages at the top of the screen for all sorts of rep exchanges

I already got the requirement but I'll be back in like half an hour if you still need help. Going to grab some pizza because I need a break from the game lol

Yep, it spawned right in front of me so I killed it and died 30 seconds later.

We ended up doing it, killed the wizard and died like 2 seconds later, but we got it. thanks for the offer though and thank you too Subtervotion

Daemul

LOL!, I'm getting so much hate mail from people mad about my play in Rumble, my favourite being from a voice mail from one guy in my last match who was real mad that I joined in the game when he was in the lead with 1000 points and I managed to win in the end, it went along the lines of "Don't have skill, you need a shotgun to kill me".

Poor dude doesn't know that this isn't my final form, my play is currently neutered by trying to do TLW quest, I would be doing even better if I could use my sniper, but TLW nerf means I don't have a shotgun counter anymore, so I need to fight fire with fire at the moment.

Anyway, my quest became unbugged and went from 65% to 98% after that last salt filled match, one more game and I'm fucking done with this shit.

Dave_6

Just completed the TLW part of the chaperone quest along with getting Eyesluna for my troubles from the last match.

Thanks bungie! I'll never use TLW again.

Congrats! I'm only at 37% and I feel like I'm never gonna complete it. :(

DarKshodaN

Any tips? I'm 295. Besides completing the raid (I'm 80% done) what else can I do to get my light up?
How are you farming exotics in strikes? 3oC?

Yes with 3oC. i run the Level 36 Strikes, it's much faster.
Best tip to get to 300 without doing the Raid, is to get the Exotic Sword, it drops at 310.

Then just farm strikes for better gear, i did over 100 Strikes to get decent stuff , that got me over 300. My lowest Item is my Ghost at 293

After getting Touch of Malice, and seeing the blueprint is 280, I can definitely see how the 310 Spindle was messed up. There's no way Bungie meant for the blueprint to be 300 on Spindle.

I just finished it as well. Good riddance!
Wish more people shared our feelings about that gun.

I think that at least here there is consensus that TLW is miserable to use now that it's been neutered. I feel like the only people that are OK with the current state of the Last Word is Bungie. I'm convinced they didn't play test the changes on it.

Its time to ask my daily question:

Is anyone running TTK raid tonight on Xbox one?

No?

Ok then to LFG I go where no one invites my because im 294, and have no idea what Im doing.

Sweet.

I'd like to run it but I'm only 290. I'm not sure that's high enough to make meaningful progression. I'd be happy to try, though! I've finished VoG and Crota on hard mode so I'm not a total waste of space. Also, all my real-life friends quit after HoW so I don't really have a solid group anymore on XB1. GT is Ash and Blood if you want to add me. I also need to run the nightfall!

Top Bottom