• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

is there any reason NOT to spend motes freely to level stuff up? i have hundreds but i'm a hoarder and i feel like there is going to be some other big use for them that i'm not realizing.

So anyone here want to help out with Fear's Embrace? I just need to finish this for my Touch of Malice... I think. I couldn't do the earlier one solo, so I know I'll need help.

psn: spaaaaaaaaace___

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Think im gonna cancel tonight hawk
That's cool, like I said Shoes had to drop out too, so no biggie. We didn't have anyone else committed yet.

I think I'll put some work in on my alts tonight, would be happy to lead a raid sometime this weekend though.

LiK

That's cool, like I said Shoes had to drop out too, so no biggie. We didn't have anyone else committed yet.

I think I'll put some work in on my alts tonight, would be happy to lead a raid sometime this weekend though.

Where you at in the raid? I just need Oryx

Give the 2nd and 3rd sword from your alts to your main, who should have already done the quest. As soon as you level up the swords past 280 and fill them up the bubbles, talk to Shaxx and he'll give you the quest to farm mats and get ability kills, skipping the pvp/majors part.

talk to shaxx on your main?

FeD.nL

Tlaloc is pretty beast, when the super is full that thing handles and fires so fucking fast.

And the bonus of recharging my grenade on kills is amazing. Perfect fit for a sunsinger and my play style :D

Can't wait to get my hands on it next week!

Two Words

Now that Xur doesn't need motes of light, what purpose do they have? I am stacked with hundreds and rarely ever have to use 1 or 2 for particular things.

For sure. Message me some time over the weekend. I gots to finish it!
And raiding with the hawk is the best

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where you at in the raid? I just need Oryx
Whacha mean? We punted Oryx on Tuesday night :D I haven't done any since then so I don't have any checkpoints. If you need help with Oryx later tonight I'd be happy to, but I'm about to go out for a few hours.
For sure. Message me some time over the weekend. I gots to finish it!
And raiding with the hawk is the best
Awww shucks

LiK

Motes for leveling is the best thing. pop them until you hear the gear level up.

Whacha mean? We punted Oryx on Tuesday night :D I haven't done any since then so I don't have any checkpoints. If you need help with Oryx later tonight I'd be happy to, but I'm about to go out for a few hours.

i have the CP so you can join if the people i played with don't show up. i know Nami is not coming.

Sigh, I know it's been asked countless times...

How do I see which calcified fragments I'm missing? I'm checking the net and I see a video of how to get each one, but that's only a little helpful since I have a bunch already. I need to know which ones I'm missing first.

So what's up with this Last Word quest?

1. I'm at 65%
2. I get a kill and then get killed quickly after
3. Now I'm at 64%
4. I pop my super and get two Golden Gun kills. My super runs out and I get killed by a heavy machine gun.
5. Now I'm at 65%
6. I get a kill and get killed quickly after
7. Now I'm at 63%

Is the only way to move upwards is to get multi kills?

It helps when you go on streaks. I believe a kill is 1% and a death is definitely 2%.

The kills don't have to be with the Last Word. You only have to have it equipped. If you uneqip it, you will preserve your current score.

Trickster

How do I see which calcified fragments I'm missing? I'm checking the net and I see a video of how to get each one, but that's only a little helpful since I have a bunch already. I need to know which ones I'm missing first.

The books of sorrows section in your grimoire shows you which you are missing and which you have

Afrocious

Use the grimore on Bungie's site. Look under enemies, then book of sorrow.

Level gear? You mean feeding guns to weaker guns or is there another way to do so with light?
No not infusion (that's feeding guns). But when you have a weapon to unlock the perks you need to get experience - you can do that very quickly by using the motes instead of through gameplay.

ps yes motes are also used for infusion

Level gear? You mean feeding guns to weaker guns or is there another way to do so with light?

you just use them in your inventory.. hold square.. uses 1 at a time.. the effect is similar to turning in a bounty, so have the weapons you want equipped

i don't believe it works for leveling subclasses though

So Luke Smith confirmed on Twitter that new Iron Banner weapons won't have reforging.

I guess I see why they are doing it to promote the loot aspect of the game for PvE centric players but now the PvP side suffers from some players getting imbalanced perks on their weapons through RNG. Or I can use my good weapons in PvP (rerolled hopscotch, allfate, spare change, matador, dry rot, ash factory, etc) and get punished with low light drops and not being able to use them in Trials or IB.

Its time to ask my daily question:

Is anyone running TTK raid tonight on Xbox one?

No?

Ok then to LFG I go where no one invites my because im 294, and have no idea what Im doing.

Sweet.

LiK

So Luke Smith confirmed on Twitter that new Iron Banner weapons won't have reforging.

I guess I see why they are doing it to promote the loot aspect of the game for PvE centric players but now the PvP side suffers from some players getting imbalanced perks on their weapons through RNG. Or I can use my good weapons in PvP (rerolled hopscotch, allfate, matador, dry rot, ash factory, etc) and get punished with low light drops and not being able to use them in Trials or IB.

i'm glad reforging is gone. some guns became way too OP in PVP

Just completed the TLW part of the chaperone quest along with getting Eyesluna for my troubles from the last match.

Thanks bungie! I'll never use TLW again.

Top Bottom