• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I'd like to run it but I'm only 290. I'm not sure that's high enough to make meaningful progression. I'd be happy to try, though! I've finished VoG and Crota on hard mode so I'm not a total waste of space. Also, all my real-life friends quit after HoW so I don't really have a solid group anymore on XB1. GT is Ash and Blood if you want to add me. I also need to run the nightfall!
I'd be happy to run some raid on xb1 tonight, only have a couple hours though so would have to drop out after 3 hours max. My characters are at 290, that's plenty enough to get all the way up to the Daughters.

LOL!, I'm getting so much hate mail from people mad about my play in Rumble, my favourite being from a voice mail from one guy in my last match who was real mad that I joined in the game when he was in the lead with 1000 points and I managed to win in the end, it went along the lines of "Don't have skill, you need a shotgun to kill me".

Poor dude doesn't know that this isn't my final form, my play is currently neutered by trying to do TLW quest, I would be doing even better if I could use my sniper, but TLW nerf means I don't have a shotgun counter anymore, so I need to fight fire with fire at the moment.

Anyway, my quest became unbugged and went from 65% to 98% after that last salt filled match, one more game and I'm fucking done with this shit.

I hope you feel dirty. Because you should feel dirty.

I abandoned that quest as soon as I found out what you have to do.

Just thought I would say
FUCK YOU ORYX

Big thanks to everyone who helped me, too many people to list, you know who you are.

Still need a decent level ghost :(

Marvel

could never
If only I had more time... might have been able to finish of
Oryx
We got him down to half health with ease one run. Totally doable.

Ambitious

First strike-specific Weapon. A scout rifle called Treads Upon Stars. Slightly worse stats than my Hung Jury + shitty perks. Infusion fodder.

MrDaravon

Hey does anyone know for the Tier 2 boss fights that give you Fragments can you get the Fragment even if you weren't the one who used the Rune? I bought all the Stolen Runes I could and have found a bunch, and across all of them (8 or so total) I'm still missing one Fragment (#39) :(

For future reference or anyone else just starting, here is what to do to search for missing calcified fragments:

Log into bungie.net and go to My Legend > Grimoire > Enemies > Books Of Sorrow. Here you will see how many you have and which ones you're missing.

Now go to this youtube video to see the locations.

I was really messed up because I could have sworn I had already gotten some of these the very first time you enter the Drednaught. Somehow though I did not actually get them or it didn't save them. Weird.

Jinjo

full auto pls. using a sidearm is way worse than HCs for the R2 button. shoot more to kill lol

Tell me about it. The R2's on both my controllers died last night. The triggers are a bit unhinged, so they lock up continuously. Damn scouts/handcannons.

Bought a new white glacier controller just to raid tonight. Anyone got any experience with returning faulty controllers to Sony? I only did it for the rubber thing shortly after release.

#TeamOGFirstTry is still on their first try with Oryx. Group disbanded and we will finish it first try tomorrow.

Trickster

Fresh Kings Fall raid about to start in 5-10 minutes. Group cleared raid last week, need 1 person to replace one who can't come because irl stuff.

1. Me
2. Cosmos
3. Kilau
4. Camokid
5. Bogeypop - Slayer of Driviks, getter of Spindles
6. ???

Ideally we want someone who knows the fights obviously, if that's not possible, we'll take someone else :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
This pvp quest line can go and die a horrible crucible death. Luke said they are looking into it and ill be damned if ill ever do this shit. Nope nope nope.

Red bars and shnipers everywhere i turn.

I aint built for this shit.

CoO anyone? I must release my anger!

dying is -2%.
Ive watched it every kill and death, 2 kills move it up 1 or 3 in some cases and a death takes it down 1.

Fresh Kings Fall raid about to start in 5-10 minutes. Group cleared raid last week, need 1 person to replace one who can't come because irl stuff.

1. Me
2. Cosmos
3. Kilau
4. Camokid
6. ???

Ideally we want someone who knows the fights obviously, if that's not possible, we'll take someone else :)

Me? New at it. Psn zombiemortar

Mindlog

I know Shaxx didn't just give me a level 15 85 Light Suros Auto Rifle for grinding out 5 Extermination wins with pubs. The exotic is going to drop any moment now.

This last word mission is weird. Get 3 kills go up 1%. Die 1 time go down 1%. Get 2 kills go up 1% die 1 time go down 1%.

wtf?

Here's my unsolicited advice on completing this mission.

If you want to do it in the most legit way go into rumble and just stick around the spawn areas. Make sure you just get into one on one fights as those are the most winnable with TLW in its current state.

If you want to make it a lot easier on yourself have another weapon equipped, get 4 kills without dying and switch back to TLW, as getting a killstreak gives you a big bonus to your percentage. People have also found success by only switching to TLW when heavy or supers are up.

sephi22

1. Me
2. Cosmos
3. Kilau
4. Camokid
6. ???

I've done the first 2 bosses. 295 Titan but no Weapons of Light. I know that's a dealbreaker for some groups. PS4 is on rest but I'll join if you guys want me

PatDH

I'd like to run it but I'm only 290. I'm not sure that's high enough to make meaningful progression. I'd be happy to try, though! I've finished VoG and Crota on hard mode so I'm not a total waste of space. Also, all my real-life friends quit after HoW so I don't really have a solid group anymore on XB1. GT is Ash and Blood if you want to add me. I also need to run the nightfall!

Its time to ask my daily question:

Is anyone running TTK raid tonight on Xbox one?

No?

Ok then to LFG I go where no one invites my because im 294, and have no idea what Im doing.

Sweet.

Hey guys, I'm on XB1 and keen to raid. 297 Hunter. GT: PatDH1
Feel free to add me!

Oh and I'm also happy to help with the Nightfall :)

DarKshodaN

First strike and a got a exotic drop out of it, 310 Hereafter

Will use it to get my Black Spindel back up to 310 :D

Already have a 300 Hereafter.

I know Shaxx didn't just give me a level 15 85 Light Suros Auto Rifle for grinding out 5 Extermination wins with pubs. The exotic is going to drop any moment now.

That questline is awful. The only thing you get as a result is access to weekly bounties which give you shitty nightfall tier rewards. This week I got 13 strange coins from the weekly bounties.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Here's my unsolicited advice on completing this mission.

If you want to do it in the most legit way go into rumble and just stick around the spawn areas. Make sure you just get into one on one fights as those are the most winnable with TLW in its current state.

If you want to make it a lot easier on yourself have another weapon equipped, get 4 kills without dying and switch back to TLW, as getting a killstreak gives you a big bonus to your percentage. People have also found success by only switching to TLW when heavy or supers are up.

Isn't it something like Precision Kills = 2 points, Normal Kills = 1 point, Death = -1 Point?

I dont even care anymore. That quest can just stay in my log and never be seen again.

The thing that gets me is the massive pvp grind to unlock crucible bounty stuff. Why!? Its longer than the game campaign.

Lothars

I'm really annoyed that IB weapons cannot be rerollable. That was the main benefit of IB weapons.

It's a bad move to not allow for that. Ideally the rolls will be good for the IB weapons but it's bungie and I doubt it.

This pvp quest line can go and die a horrible crucible death. Luke said they are looking into it and ill be damned if ill ever do this shit. Nope nope nope.
I really don't get why it's so long. I like the quest in general but I just finished the elimination part of it and still have at least 20 matches to go.

neoism

1. Me
2. Cosmos
3. Kilau
4. Camokid
6. ???

not sure if my group is gonna get together or not did the raid yesterday got to the sisters had to quit..
i only need to start one again because i missed the very first fragment lol

psn ne0ism- Ll295 hunter..

R0ckman

I love in the grim how the taken cards go over the flaws the enemies had before they were taken and Oryx is like "You're fixed now."

For future reference or anyone else just starting, here is what to do to search for missing calcified fragments:

Log into bungie.net and go to My Legend > Grimoire > Enemies > Books Of Sorrow. Here you will see how many you have and which ones you're missing.

Now go to this youtube video to see the locations.

I was really messed up because I could have sworn I had already gotten some of these the very first time you enter the Drednaught. Somehow though I did not actually get them or it didn't save them. Weird.
The problem is those of us with multiple characters can't check for each character. If you've collevted 44 on your Hunter and 2 on your Titan your grimoire will say 46 but it won't give you an individual breakdown

I dont even care anymore. That quest can just stay in my log and never be seen again.

The thing that gets me is the massive pvp grind to unlock crucible bounty stuff. Why!? Its longer than the game campaign.

That's probably the best idea. I have a feeling Bungie will change TLW portion of that quest and they will probably change the main PvP questline as it's currently insufferable. The amount of steps and grinding for wins is such a drag due to terrible randoms.

After 10 days of using Stormcaller, I really like it but am missing the Voidwalker so starting to reacquaint myself with that. Luckily I did get a 310 obsidian mind to drop, yet all I can think about is that Astrocyte Verse (blink helmet). I know it exists, it's even seen in TTK promo videos. Yet it has no spot on the kiosk. Does anyone remember if ToM or Black Spindle had spots reserved for them, or added a new spot once acquired. Trying to think of how Bungie might of hidden these, assuming they are actually available.

In fact there's 6 new exotic armors for each class, 3 from RNG and 3 undiscovered, but seen in trailers. I wonder if these are perhaps gated behind class specific quests like out weapons were? Anyone already finish all their subclass emblem quests?

SnakeEyes

Banned

That's exactly how I feel. That quest sucks utter balls to the point that I don't think I'll ever attempt it.

not sure if my group is gonna get together or not did the raid yesterday got to the sisters had to quit..
i only need to start one again because i missed the very first fragment lol

psn ne0ism- Ll295 hunter..

I'm down for it, haven't done it yet. I'm on your list.

Trace

Banned
God this armor set looks so good...

12031604_514372678717914_2710780831929402456_o.jpg

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna do CoO? I've got a tier 3 rune, 3 tier 2s, and 2 tier 1s. We can do everything! PSN: ultrajari

Top Bottom