• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

3 more 320 heavies. What the hell am I suppose to infuse? I have the usual heavies at 320 already. SGA? thunderlord?

So far only one special from doing the cm every week.

milkham

3 more 320 heavies. What the hell am I suppose to infuse? I have the usual heavies at 320 already. SGA? thunderlord?

i did, razelighter, sleeper simulant, baron's ambition and i kept an eulim's frenzy at 320

What do I need to do to unlock the Sleeper Stimulant questline? I've already found all four Dvalin fusion rifles and my Gunsmith level is around 10. Am I missing a crucial step?

LTWood12

Did it give you any kind of cool down timer before being able to use the playlist again? That's the first I've heard of them instituting some kind of playlist quitting penalty.

Does the Grasp have a higher drop rate in heroics? I've heard different things about strike specific drop rates and strike difficulty but no idea if anything has been confirmed. I read on Reddit about TripleWreck killing Omnigul 111 times without a single drop. Yeah.... not gonna bother unless she shows up some week as the Nightfall. Not holding my breath for that however.

There was no cool down timer. I was scared I might have really screwed something up with my account. I'm so dumb for not saving the screenshot. It was definitely a message I've never seen before. This wasn't like when you get a cattle error etc. i think it was probably the 10th time in a 10 minute period where I immediately picked "change character" once the intro voiceover came and and wasn't Ikora saying "Omnigul is the last..."

But the message popped up as soon as I quit that last time, like it was ready to give me a talking to. I was so panicked in the moment that I resigned into the game and checked to see if I could start one up.

Anecdotally it seems like the drop rate for strike specific stuff is much better in heroic than just going through the director, and nightfall is exponentially better on top of that. I was 3 for 3 getting Treads Upon Stars from Valus this week.

I could be mistaken about getting kicked. I wish I'd read it more closely. I was already self conscious about them reprimanding me once I kept having to do if over and over, then the message popped and I was just thinking "oh shit I've been banned."

Yeah as great as the CM loot is, it further highlights how poorly made the original table is. You're twice as likely to get a heavy as a special since Warpriest can drop the RL, MG and sniper. Of course they could have actually put more thought into which items drop from which CM encounter instead of just reproducing the initial KF table then adding artifacts.... oh well.

Axoman

Just finished raid stuff, I can play now if you're still on

Thanks for playing!

Here's my best kill from the night, I don't think I could have timed the grenade any better.

AeRbtCz.gif

the_id

What do I need to do to unlock the Sleeper Stimulant questline? I've already found all four Dvalin fusion rifles and my Gunsmith level is around 10. Am I missing a crucial step?
I think you wait around the 7th of each month for the next questline to pop-up on Earth called The First Firewall

Decided to finally buy the Dead Orbit Hung Jury.

The hype wasn't a lie, this is pretty great.

One thing I've always wondered is just how effective is firefly in Crucible? I have personally never seen someone die from a firefly explosion.

One thing I've always wondered is just how effective is firefly in Crucible? I have personally never seen someone die from a firefly explosion.

Not very effective for getting kills, but it can work to weaken someone for an easier kill.

Best example is the quest reward 1000 Yard Stare which comes with Firefly. If you get a precision kill, the firefly damage will weaken a nearby enemy so that you can kill them with one body shot. Firefly itself is usually only 40-50ish damage depending on how close they were standing.

Number45

Counterbalance and max stability.
Had this drop the other day, but I haven't played any PvP with it yet:

I got a 320 sniper from WP last night (the other two were heavies, naturally), but because I've had fuck all luck with specials it still won't let me infuse BS to 320. Will probably need to trash one of my 1kYS to boost it to 316 first.

At least I'll have something to spend some marks on this week.

the_id

I got a 320 sniper from WP last night (the other two were heavies, naturally), but because I've had fuck all luck with specials it still won't let me infuse BS to 320. Will probably need to trash one of my 1kYS to boost it to 316 first.

That PDX-45 is going to shoot like a laser. Nice rolls.

I remember yr1 my go to crucible weapon was the blue version of the shingen-C or E auto rifle
Noted. Thanks.

I typically only get specials, 315 or below, 2 weeks ago was the first time I got a 316 (hm 3x since start), so my spindle was able to get to 316. So the one 320 I got was able to bring my spindle up.

I can't believe we've finally reached the stage where we complain about having *too* many 320 drops.

I'm more complaining at the lack of interesting heavies to upgrade. Outside of swords, truth and a raid machine gun there really isn't anything else. I even upgraded my IB LMG but why would I use that over the raid one? I wish they would have gunsmith orders for LMGs, would love to see what an omolon would be like.

LifEndz

This just happened to me. I've never done hard mode raid from beginning to end so I'm doing challenge mode for drops for the first time to hopefully get my weight up, but after two attempts I've gotten nothing but heavy weapon drops. Anyone know whether each challenge mode only drops a set weapon type (eg 320 heavy for war priest) or is it just rng? I'm thinking of running war priest again but don't want to waste my time if it's going to be another 320 heavy weapon.

This just happened to me. I've never done hard mode raid from beginning to end so I'm doing challenge mode for drops for the first time to hopefully get my weight up, but after two attempts I've gotten nothing but heavy weapon drops. Anyone know whether each challenge mode only drops a set weapon type (eg 320 heavy for war priest) or is it just rng? I'm thinking of running war priest again but don't want to waste my time if it's going to be another 320 heavy weapon.

Warpriest drops either Rocket Launcher, HMG or Sniper.

Golgoroth drops either Arms, Chest or Leg armour

Oryx drops either Helmet or any primary

Warpriest drops either Rocket Launcher, HMG or Sniper.

Golgoroth drops either Arms, Chest or Leg armour

Oryx drops either Helmet or any primary

Every time I do golgoroth non challenge I get boots. When he's challenge mode though they never drop.

I will always have a 317 pair of boots.

Matt Frost

Man that Suros PDX-41 pulse rifle from the Weapons master is a beast, love it so much it has become my new primary Crucible weapon. I wondered why I was killed so many times with it, now I know why. Now to infuse it with that Merain weapon and destroy my opponents with it. I am in love with it.

Also was recommended to buy the Jung Hury and thats another keeper. Already maxed to 320, watching all those enemies die like the times of the Fatebringer is awesome.

maomaoIYP

I've been playing a few games of rumble. CBMM ver. 2 gave everyone a yellow bar, but it's already feeling better than anything in the past month or 2.

deviant1

hell yea all-star newbie raiiiid

great job everyone, thanks a ton Deku and Drizz :)

Thanks for another smooth KF raid.

I wish I had more time to play with DGAF, between the few raids I've done and the handful of IB trains I joined last week they're easily the most fun I've had with this game. Unfortunately my already limited playing time will pretty much disappear with my wife and I expecting our first kid due in June.

DeviantBoi

I can infuse one heavy exotic to 320. Out of these 3, which is better:

1. Dragon's Breath
2. Thunderlord
3. Truth
4. Super Good Advice

Already have my swords and Sleeper Simulant at 320.

I hope today's update reveals more than just a tease of this month's patch.

The February Update includes more than Crimson Days. There are more bullets we’ll be firing to impact the quality of your Guardian lifestyle. Pay us a visit next week for a preview.​

Preview:
"We've noticed that many guardians aren't spending their armor parts, so to make them more valuable, we're lowering drop rates across the board. My boss has 16,647 of them, so no worries."

Kappa.

If he actually follows through with that prepare for a tidal wave of salt (from me included probably). Should liven up this thread.

A buff and Ophidian Aspects, it will be beautiful

Edit though if they do get released Hunters will get Shinobus Vow to make skip grenades OP and Titans will get the Thagomizers for an extra melee charge

Lol, good times. Sage has said they'll be getting a rework (for a buff)

Yeah I listened to the Crucible Radio podcast if that's what you're referencing. I'd have to listen again but my impression was he just said they could use a buff, not that they were getting one for sure. Of course I may have lessened it in my mind considering buffing Sunsingers would be one of the most out of touch things they've done (which is saying a whole lot). They're objectively a very, very strong PvP subclass.

By far the best melee and grenade, with firebolts being the most OP grenade or melee ability across all subclasses (NStalker smoke would probably be second). The jump is weak, arguably the worst jump period, but it's not as terrible as it's sometimes made out to be. Focused burst especially can be good for small quick adjustments, like jump-slapping fools. Of course it's a nightmare if you need evasion or speed across distances but that's also how you balance a subclass. Can't have the best of everything.

Radiant Skin and Fireborn are both strong super options that are limited when poorly timed, like all supers. Self-res can either be insta-sniped during activation or totally swing a lost Trials round into a win. Best melee and grenade, bad but not useless jump (remember that agility is designed as Warlocks' weakness), and solid middle-tier super sounds like a winner to me.

I've decided I need a bit of a distraction, so I downloaded pokemon alpha ruby last night.
Doing the Nuzlocke thing

Maybe that'll take some of this self inflicted pressure I keep on myself to monitor anything and everything about Destiny.

I've decided I need a bit of a distraction, so I downloaded pokemon alpha ruby last night.
Doing the Nuzlocke thing

Maybe that'll take some of this self inflicted pressure I keep on myself to monitor anything and everything about Destiny.

Nintendo is giving away level 100 Mews at Gamestop if you're interested. I went and got one for my copy of Pokemon Y. I got another Mew 16 years ago at Toys R Us. Or rather my mom did. I was just a kid and sick and couldn't go. It was the last day of the promotion. (This was before the internet was huge, so I didn't have a way to obsess over something like I do now with Destiny) She drove to the next town over with my Gameboy Color and the store clerk helped her do a trade to get it.

CaVoXEcWQAAezBG.jpg

edit: Taking this screen reminded me that life was rough, pre-backlit screens.

I can infuse one heavy exotic to 320. Out of these 3, which is better:

1. Dragon's Breath
2. Thunderlord
3. Truth
4. Super Good Advice

Already have my swords and Sleeper Simulant at 320.

Truth is your best bet if you play enough PvP to make it worthwhile. Year 2 Dragon's is fun but pretty gimmicky (PvE enemies don't stand still in AoE damage, PvP enemies will only do that because nobody uses DB and they don't recognize the napalm). Between TLord and SGA, neither one is exactly irresistible but I do like Y2 SGA. Since it refills missed shots from your reserve ammo it feels like you can keep shooting forever without reloading, pretty fun.

Yeah I listened to the Crucible Radio podcast if that's what you're referencing. I'd have to listen again but my impression was he just said they could use a buff, not that they were getting one for sure. Of course I may have lessened it in my mind considering buffing Sunsingers would be one of the most out of touch things they've done (which is saying a whole lot). They're objectively a very, very strong PvP subclass.

By far the best melee and grenade, with firebolts being the most OP grenade or melee ability across all subclasses (NStalker smoke would probably be second). The jump is weak, arguably the worst jump period, but it's not as terrible as it's sometimes made out to be. Focused burst especially can be good for small quick adjustments, like jump-slapping fools. Of course it's a nightmare if you need evasion or speed across distances but that's also how you balance a subclass. Can't have the best of everything.

Radiant Skin and Fireborn are both strong super options that are limited when poorly timed, like all supers. Self-res can either be insta-sniped during activation or totally swing a lost Trials round into a win. Best melee and grenade, bad but not useless jump (remember that agility is designed as Warlocks' weakness), and solid middle-tier super sounds like a winner to me.

Just listened again and he said thermals need to come up https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7SP9qlL8Ip4 @55:00

Believe (though I agree there's not much you can do bar a bit more armour when speccing agility, imo)

Top Bottom