• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

WeTeHa

Anybody up for golgoroth cm x3? I have the cp on all my characters, so we don't have to do totems and warpriest.

1. WeTeHa

Can start as soon as we get 6. Also, if everybody's up for it we can quickly do daughters as well to have a chance at that sweet 320 class item.

HMD

They need to keep their hands off the powerful weapons and start buffing weak ones. Special weapons meta is boring me to tears.

I struggled to finish the 50 primary kills bounty in this last IB, by the time I was done with both my special and heavy, I still had 25 more kills to go on my primary, I was constantly going through games where I only get 2-4 primary kills when I had something like 15+ kills.

LTWood12

Totally! It's not the be all end all gun, but it's a weapon that suits my play style very well and I'm successful with it. AND it's just so much fun to shoot.

It's one of, if not, my favorite guns in TTK.

tumblr_n8cojsEezi1rvzbdgo1_500.gif

Gammacide

They're going to show off the dreadnaught and its secrets :rollseyes: Shoukd be riveting stuff
I wonder what secrets are left. We tried the basketball thing yesterday only to not be able to get across to the final door. More annoying than fun. Really not sure what else is still actually a secret.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody up for golgoroth cm x3? I have the cp on all my characters, so we don't have to do totems and warpriest.

1. WeTeHa

Can start as soon as we get 6. Also, if everybody's up for it we can quickly do daughters as well to have a chance at that sweet 320 class item.

I have another with me. We'll need three more.

kadab

1. WeTeHa

Can i join psn kadab

I wonder what secrets are left. We tried the basketball thing yesterday only to not be able to get across to the final door. More annoying than fun. Really not sure what else is still actually a secret.

Lol he was being sarcastic, 0.04% chance they will show anything that we don't already know about.

Anyone going to be in the DGAF E3 chat for the ride along today???

yea i guess

Mindlog

They're going to show off the dreadnaught and its secrets :rollseyes: Shoukd be riveting stuff

Meant to say earlier I got my scuf today, it's amazing. I wish I would have spent a bit more and gone for the elite and Cronus option, not taking your hands of the sticks is the future. It already feels stupid reaching for triangle to switch weapons
Been complaining about controllers for decades in the face of so many, 'but they're perfect' posts :\

Look Sony. Look how easy it would be to make it better. (Ignore the sticks I reallllllllllllllly don't care about that.)
rHMaSWE.png

Tri4

Should I feel dirty bringing out Thorn again in PvP?

I know it was annoying and OP as hell last summer but that was 6 months ago, and I kind of miss it, haha.

It feels like the best hand cannon by far, that is not even including its DoT and other perks. Simply because of the RoF and accuracy, it is above even TLW for me and way above Hawkmoon. I'd even put it above my Eyasluna's which rolled well.
You should check out the water star. It's got almost the exact same stats as thorn (if you ran aggressive b. and send it).

Ryck

1. WeTeHa

I am down for this!

WeTeHa

1. WeTeHa
2. Kadey
3. Kadey's friend
4. Kadab
5. Ryck

1 more.

Edit: oh okay, kadey bringing 3 people. Everybody can join on me when you guys are ready. Just hanging out in orbit

ocean

Banned
I don't think that's why that gap exists. It's because those 3 handcannons are some of the most unique exotics in the game. I don't even run AB on TLW or Thorn anymore, there's no reason to as it doesn't change TTK unless we're talking about very specific circumstances.

I admittedly don't use Hawkmoon anymore, but I doubt it makes any difference there either.

Even in Y1, I don't think that's the reason exotic handcannons were so good. It was the DOT, the fanfire, and the bonus procs.
I'll take TLW out because it's a different beast. Doesn't correspond to anything else in the game tbh.

There's 3 impact / RoF archetypes for HCs. Let's label them Word of Crota, Fatebringer and Timur's.

Thorn has WoC RoF with FB impact.
Hawkmoon has FB RoF with Timur's impact.

(Even with nerfed AB / different barrel, it's close).

On top of that, they have great base stats and unique perks. They're all around amazing weapons. So much that even if you removed their unique perk entirely, they'd still be in a class of their own because of the damage they deal and the speed at which they do it.

It feels good to have taken a lengthy break. I'm ready to come back whenever doubles is back up now. Hoping to see a bunch of you guys in NYC next week ;). Also I'm getting really hyped for Dark Souls 3.

Gammacide

Lol he was being sarcastic, 0.04% chance they will show anything that we don't already know about
Haha! Yeah, I know. I just couldn't remember if they actually used the word ' secrets ' themselves or not. Ridiculous, but then I think that probably the vast majority of players know far less than most of DGAF. Still excited to maybe get some more dripfeed of new info potentially, as always
and as always I'm prepared for disappointment

Highwind

Aye that Rank 3 PDX 45 roll is a magnificent beast. Decided to sign on just to pick that up. Glad I held out.

Still going to take a lengthy break till the next event appears. Iron Banner annoyed me too much.

I grabbed the third roll this morning.

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

My Hawksaw still has more range and stability, but shifts slightly to the left. This PDX is solid, but I loathe the default holo sights with the circle. It's too bulky. I'll fiddle around with it more tonight on some Shaxx bounties.

That gun is a beast. Damnit, I wish I kept my PDX45 order.

Namikaze1

It feels good to have taken a lengthy break. I'm ready to come back whenever doubles is back up now. Hoping to see a bunch of you guys in NYC next week ;). Also I'm getting really hyped for Dark Souls 3.
Oh I'll be in NYC next week.

The real NYC that is.

Ubisoft still hasn't said shit about the endgame and with the recent news about reviews, I'm just gonna keep on waiting till the game is like $20. Only remotely liked the DZ. everything else felt subpar during the first beta.

Dark Souls this month? I figure I"ll get that game.
for Japan. The rest of us non-Japan peasants have to wait till next month.

Special Engrams are back. Had 200 Marks with nothing to use them on. Got a 1kYS but garbage perks. Still feels good to get one haha. Even if it just has snapshot and shortgaze I'd love it. Unflinching would be the ultimate bonus.

How are Bungie & Activision so scared about Destiny? Everything--everything!---sales, player investment, speaks to Destiny being huge, the players are passionate. But the attitude I see from Bungie and the community is always DIRE when it comes to Destiny's future.

DeeJ just sounds on guard, even scared here.

As referenced on the blog last Thursday, there will absolutely be content roadmaps as part of our Twitch calendar. As soon as the team is ready to make those promises, they'll be on cam talking about what you can look forward to.​

A week later:

We most certainly have a plan. I'm just giving the team more time to solidify that plan into a guaranteed deliverable. I'm all for transparency, but only when it reflects the actual reality you'll experience as a player. I don't think any of us gain anything when we talk about things that might happen. I'm looking forward to featuring them, so they can show off what they've been working on. In the meantime, there are other fun things we can share on Twitch that will deepen your understanding for how our people create the things you play.​

Translation:

We actually totally have a plan. We just can't hand you our plan. We're not just going to make up that they have a plan. We plan to have a plan. Once our plan to have a plan has reached fruition, we will begin to enact our plan to present the plan. Once we are ready to share our plan to present the plan, you will be the first to know.

It's great that Bungie is doing ride-alongs again, but man, I really wish they'd get better about managing expectations.

It's gotta be hard with an uncertain future thanks to delays and management shakeups. But good grief, already, have a little faith in your players. We're still here now even though the game has had really rough times. Take a page for Blizzard and show some real previews. Set expectations. Give us things to be excited about, not snark about NO FUN ALLOWED.

Be brave, Bungie.

Trakan

I'll take TLW out because it's a different beast. Doesn't correspond to anything else in the game tbh.

There's 3 impact / RoF archetypes for HCs. Let's label them Word of Crota, Fatebringer and Timur's.

Thorn has WoC RoF with FB impact.
Hawkmoon has FB RoF with Timur's impact.

(Even with nerfed AB / different barrel, it's close).

On top of that, they have great base stats and unique perks. They're all around amazing weapons. So much that even if you removed their unique perk entirely, they'd still be in a class of their own because of the damage they deal and the speed at which they do it.

I just checked some youtube vids. Y2 Hawkmoon is 88 to the head and 59 to the body. Timur's Lash is 95 to the head, 64 to the body.

Thorn with AB is 81 to the head and 54 to the body. No AB Thorn is 79 to the head, 53 to the body. Revelator is 77 to the head, 51 to the body.

I think these are correct, it's hard to get exact values with the range dropoffs and when I can't tell if they're using AB or not. These don't match up to what you're saying. Not enough to make any difference anyway. For hawkmoon to 2 shot, it still needs the bonus procs. For Thorn to 3 shot, it still needs the DOT. Both of these exotic handcannons require 3 headshots to kill with no exotic perks. All legendary handcannons require 3 headshots to kill other than situations where high impact handcannons can kill players running low armor.

Dark Souls this month? I figure I"ll get that game.

Not until April 12th in the US. :(

How are Bungie & Activision so scared about Destiny? Everything--everything!---sales, player investment, speaks to Destiny being huge, the players are passionate. But the attitude I see from Bungie and the community is always DIRE when it comes to Destiny's future.

As referenced on the blog last Thursday, there will absolutely be content roadmaps as part of our Twitch calendar. As soon as the team is ready to make those promises, they'll be on cam talking about what you can look forward to.​

A week later:

We most certainly have a plan. I'm just giving the team more time to solidify that plan into a guaranteed deliverable. I'm all for transparency, but only when it reflects the actual reality you'll experience as a player. I don't think any of us gain anything when we talk about things that might happen. I'm looking forward to featuring them, so they can show off what they've been working on. In the meantime, there are other fun things we can share on Twitch that will deepen your understanding for how our people create the things you play.​

Translation:

We actually totally have a plan. We just can't hand you our plan. We're not just going to make up that they have a plan. We plan to have a plan. Once our plan to have a plan has reached fruition, we will begin to enact our plan to present the plan. Once we are ready to share our plan to present the plan, you will be the first to know.

It's great that Bungie is doing ride-alongs again, but man, I really wish they'd get better about managing expectations.

It's gotta be hard with an uncertain future thanks to delays and management shakeups. But good grief, already, have a little faith in your players. We're still here now even though the game has had really rough times. Take a page for Blizzard and show some real previews. Set expectations. Give us things to be excited about, not snark about NO FUN ALLOWED.

Be brave, Bungie.

Like I said, they're going to hold off as long as they can (late march, early april) to finally announced that they will announce their plan at E3, thus getting us to wait about 6 months for more information.

X-Frame

A week later:

Translation:

Be brave, Bungie.

I agree 150%. Isn't this the best possible "problem" that Bungie and Activision could have? That so many passionate players are constantly clamoring for more content? Didn't their recent earnings call disclose how even Activision and Bungie were shocked at the following Destiny had gotten and still has?

How come Bungie's live team hasn't already doubled or tripled with new fresh hires or something to accommodate this demand?

2 weekly bounties done from playing 2 total PvP matches since I had stuff saved from last week, 2 competitive shells in the 290s. Bungie Plz.

Had fun playing 3v3 Elimination with No Radar and No Heavy round.

boofa

Neo Member
Completely forgot about the Ride Along today, pulled it up for about 5 minutes and was falling asleep. With The Division out next week, seems like a huge missed opportunity to show us a sneak peek of what's coming in this update they keep teasing. I fear the less hardcore will move on and never look back because they didn't have anything concrete to look forward to.

It was just a joke poll.

I really like Urk, but if you're the Community Manager of a company, you should know that mobile users & 3rd party app users can't see polls.

And even if you don’t, you should definitely know how loaded the word “reveal” is.

edit: \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
You should show the poll options. They were three ridiculous things. You make it seem like he was teasing a reveal, when anyone who looked at the whole tweet could easily see that he was making a silly joke.

I'm not being deceitful here. Mobile users & 3rd party app users can't see polls. I legit couldn't see.

You should show the poll options. They were three ridiculous things. You make it seem like he was teasing a reveal, when anyone who looked at the whole tweet could easily see that he was making a silly joke.

For what it's worth that seems like a screenshot from Tweetbot which doesn't show Twitter polls.

Axoman

Special Engrams are back. Had 200 Marks with nothing to use them on. Got a 1kYS but garbage perks. Still feels good to get one haha. Even if it just has snapshot and shortgaze I'd love it. Unflinching would be the ultimate bonus.

I've got one with shortgaze and snapshot and another with unflinching and quickdraw, but ambush scope. I'd give one to you if I could.

Top Bottom