• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Deku Tree

I got Armor of Vows last week. Only the 2nd faction ship I've ever gotten.

I'm only missing y2 FWC ship THE ROAD UNRAVELED, and y2 NM ship COMITATUS. I got all the y1 ships y2 too lol.

Is Bungie ever going to talk about the Fatal Vision ship?

jy6u1m1.png

They trolled us by putting it's image into the background the image in the header of "This Week At Bungie – 02/04/2016"

header_blog.jpg

Spades

I had the exotic chest CP saved from one of my Golgoroth runs last night. If anyone wants to open it up, jump in on me (Block Mate on Xbox One). I'm writing some emails so won't open it up for the next ~10 minutes if you want in.

Frenden

Banned
Any thoughts on how to build variks rep fast? I want those damn blockade runners

Find people to do high level PoEs with you. Or grind out 28s.

The TTK quests he's a part of give some HoJ rep, but not a ton. I eventually ran a bunch of 28s to get to R3 and nab the shaders--I only did enough PoE to get the exotics Y1.

SpecX

I'm only missing y2 FWC ship THE ROAD UNRAVELED, and y2 NM ship COMITATUS. I got all the y1 ships y2 too lol.

Is Bungie ever going to talk about the Fatal Vision ship?

jy6u1m1.png

They trolled us by putting it's image into the background the image in the header of "This Week At Bungie – 02/04/2016"

header_blog.jpg

I like the NM COMITATUS version better. Has it been released yet or do they still have it time locked? I reached rank 20 or 21 for NM, so I'm hoping for this to drop soon.

SpecX

Played 3 salvage matches and each match had at least 3-4 Doctrines lol.

The nerf is coming soon, too many people using it and having too much fun. Same happened in a Skrimish match I ran yesterday and it was out team with the Doctrine. Felt bad for the guy on the other team after we captured both heavy chests and his teammates bailed. He kept running around the map trying to survive and finally gave up and sat down till the match ran out of time.

Deku Tree

Did the daily Salvage today for the marks. Lol lost 4000-1000 and Shaxx called it. I had a team of quitters, and I was going up against a coordinated team of sweaty head glitchers.

Where is the SBMM to save me???

Haven't seen a ship drop in the last 30+ rank ups across 2 characters.

3v3 is just broken. Anyone without icebreaker has the disadvantage straight up, and whoever controls the heavy, wins.

Any thoughts on how to build variks rep fast? I want those damn blockade runners

Find people to do high level PoEs with you. Or grind out 28s.

The TTK quests he's a part of give some HoJ rep, but not a ton. I eventually ran a bunch of 28s to get to R3 and nab the shaders--I only did enough PoE to get the exotics Y1.

That, plus you can dismantle the tokens for 10 rep each.

Kyoufu

I don't think Doctrine is that good. It's good, but not THAT good.

Like, it's pretty damn good, but not THAAAAAAAAAAT damn good.

You know?

I don't think Doctrine is that good. It's good, but not THAT good.

Like, it's pretty damn good, but not THAAAAAAAAAAT damn good.

You know?

Totally! It's not the be all end all gun, but it's a weapon that suits my play style very well and I'm successful with it. AND it's just so much fun to shoot.

It's one of, if not, my favorite guns in TTK.

Doctrine is the only primary in the game that feels as good as Year 1 did. Powerful & fun.

But yeah. It's not the god gun that Hopscotch was.

X-Frame

Short answer? No.
The gun wasn't easy to obtain. Why not use it? The other night some guy broke out Mythoclast, so I was like "Well two can play that game" so I broke out the Thorn. :)

Haha, I expect the same to happen -- I start using and killing with Thorn and then suddenly 3-4 Thorn's start appearing. Fun!

Revelator, properly rolled, feels like a Thorn (same RoF) and has potentially better recoil.

Thorn does damage like a Fatebringer-RoF gun though. Just like Hawkmoon does Timur's-RoF damage. It's what makes these guns so crazy. And there's the 3 body shot kill issue with DoT :p

It's like having a Doctrine-RoF Auto with mid impact - broken much?

Thorn is by far the best PvP primary in the game.

Exactly, but beyond the brokenness it is mostly just how Thorn *feels* that makes me want to use it. Less accuracy issues with Thorn, plus the RoF definitely. Add in the sound effects and sights and its near perfect even still.

Usually I don't like using items where a nerf is inevitable but with Thorn I am not sure what they'd do without destroying it like they did with Hawkmoon. The one thing I don't want is a Range nerf which hits Accuracy too hard.

I'm only missing y2 FWC ship THE ROAD UNRAVELED, and y2 NM ship COMITATUS.

This is so bizarre to keep seeing. You can find a few Reddit posts talking about these specific ships not dropping for someone despite them dumping enough mats for dozens and dozens of rank ups. Personally, I have been missing only these ships for around 2-3 months now. I've ranked up around 60-70 times without seeing either. In addition, a buddy of mine dumped all his materials into the factions for the emblems, ships, and shaders. He got everything pretty quickly until he hit a dry spell, and now he can't get the last ships he needs despite 40+ rank ups. The ships he needs? Comitatus and Road Unraveled.

phen0m24

Haha, I expect the same to happen -- I start using and killing with Thorn and then suddenly 3-4 Thorn's start appearing. Fun!

Exactly, but beyond the brokenness it is mostly just how Thorn *feels* that makes me want to use it. Less accuracy issues with Thorn, plus the RoF definitely. Add in the sound effects and sights and its near perfect even still.

Usually I don't like using items where a nerf is inevitable but with Thorn I am not sure what they'd do without destroying it like they did with Hawkmoon. The one thing I don't want is a Range nerf which hits Accuracy too hard.

Thorn bros bro fist

The first of our regular community ride alongs is in a little over 90mins, anyone else (not) hyped for it. I'm hoping its an absolute clusterfuck of Broman/Deej PoE proportions and its consigned to the dustbin

ocean

Banned

Thorn DoT nerfed so it can't kill in 3 body shots (make it require 2 body and a head) - with its range and RoF and shield blocking/tracking, it'd still be a great gun but arguably not OP anymore. The 3 body shot thing is a significant improvement over the old double tap but the way the gun works right now means there's literally no reason to even try and hit the head :p

Let's make another stupid bet: I'll delete my 320 adept Counterbalance Doctrine if they nerf the Doctrine.
It's a trick! Nobody will use it anyway if it gets nerfed!

I think it fits the niche they want for ARs, no reason to nerf. It's great for its intended range but gets soundly beaten outside of that. The 4 primary weapon classes fit their designated roles better now than ever before.

Mindlog

Nerf the Doctrine.
Buff the Zhalo with a HUD destroying DoT.
This is so bizarre to keep seeing. You can find a few Reddit posts talking about these specific ships not dropping for someone despite them dumping enough mats for dozens and dozens of rank ups. Personally, I have been missing only these ships for around 2-3 months now. I've ranked up around 60-70 times without seeing either. In addition, a buddy of mine dumped all his materials into the factions for the emblems, ships, and shaders. He got everything pretty quickly until he hit a dry spell, and now he can't get the last ships he needs despite 40+ rank ups. The ships he needs? Comitatus and Road Unraveled.
I got the two New Monarchy ships in back to back packages it seemed like.
I've purchased ~67 levels of Future War Cult with no Road Unraveled. RU is the only ship I don't have besides the crappy ones you can buy with glimmer.

Let's make another stupid bet: I'll delete my 320 adept Counterbalance Doctrine if they nerf the Doctrine.
It's a trick! Nobody will use it anyway if it gets nerfed!

I think it fits the niche they want for ARs, no reason to nerf. It's great for its intended range but gets soundly beaten outside of that. The 4 primary weapon classes fit their designated roles better now than ever before.

They can delete Thorn and fix melee detection and I'll be okay with everything in the world.

Sh0k

Comitatus dropped for me a couple of weeks ago after ranking New Monarchy to level 28 and finally the hard mode raid dropped the Titan mark at 320 yesterday. First character to level 320 after almost 6 months of grinding :(

I must be the only guardian that couldn't care less about hitting 320...

when I get my exotic class item from NM today, I'm infusing my only 320 class item into it. it wont be 320

Exactly the same case for me.

The first of our regular community ride alongs is in a little over 90mins, anyone else (not) hyped for it. I'm hoping its an absolute clusterfuck of Broman/Deej PoE proportions and its consigned to the dustbin

They are probably just going to show the studio they built..

oh wait it's the dreadnaught ride along, they'll show us where to find the 50 fragments ;)

Mindlog

Dude ive been rocking a 317 chest piece for over 3 months, this is ridiculous.
Most of my gear is really old. I got a small bump from the first set of challenge runes, but then I just stopped caring really hard about 320.

Now I just dabble in modes from time to time. Mainly Nightfalls to judge which modifiers work. Trickle is awful, but if balanced with something like small arms then Bad Juju is great. I would like to see that kind of balance taken to the extreme. For every awful modifier there should be something fun.

I must be the only guardian that couldn't care less about hitting 320...

when I get my exotic class item from NM today, I'm infusing my only 320 class item into it. it wont be 320

I don't care about it that much. I havent done the last 4 challenges, 5 including this week. If light level made a huge difference in trials then Id care more.

I'm about 317-318 max in all 6 of my chars and being higher doesn't offer any advantages.

It's just to feel complete. I'd do it if I had a regular raid group that had fun but alas, that's the only real way, raids.

Axoman

Did the daily Salvage today for the marks. Lol lost 4000-1000 and Shaxx called it. I had a team of quitters, and I was going up against a coordinated team of sweaty head glitchers.

Where is the SBMM to save me???

Similar matches for me last night. Was just working on finishing crucible quest line and got destroyed in rift by a full fireteam. I could barely get out of our spawn without being killed by a super or heavy.

Then switched to control and got destroyed by another fireteam of 5 - match started as 5 on 5.

Similar matches for me last night. Was just working on finishing crucible quest line and got destroyed in rift by a full fireteam. I could barely get out of our spawn without being killed by a super or heavy.

Then switched to control and got destroyed by another fireteam of 5 - match started as 5 on 5.

you should do the freelance playlist

ocean

Banned
Stupid question, are you talking about Thorn with DOT and Hawkmoon with Bonus procs?
No, with Aggressive Ballistics they go up an impact class while keeping their RoF. Well almost - after the AB nerf it's a little less.

This is why HCs are the weapon class where the Exotic/Legendary gap is the largest / by far.

WipedOut

It's just so much fun to use! Please see footage below of me and my fellow Doctrine folks using it:

tumblr_n59b1xMZH41txudn8o1_400.gif

Yep, The doctrine has gotten me more involved with PVP, it's
shhh. Fun
and fits my play style also. This is exactly how I felt during my first 5.0 with it.

I also tend to end each match firing it like this now.

VMKrIq7.gif

Thanks again Ape, Igor and Drizz for my beloved Doctrine
C O U N T E R B A L A N C E H Y P E

Exactly the same case for me.

They are probably just going to show the studio they built..

They're going to show off the dreadnaught and its secrets :rollseyes: Shoukd be riveting stuff

Meant to say earlier I got my scuf today, it's amazing. I wish I would have spent a bit more and gone for the elite and Cronus option, not taking your hands of the sticks is the future. It already feels stupid reaching for triangle to switch weapons

They're going to show off the dreadnaught and its secrets :rollseyes: Shoukd be riveting stuff

Meant to say earlier I got my scuf today, it's amazing. I wish I would have spent a bit more and gone for the elite and Cronus option, not taking your hands of the sticks is the future

If you aren't using bumper jumper with [ ] and O as your paddles, you're doing it wrong

still want one :(

X-Frame

Thorn DoT nerfed so it can't kill in 3 body shots (make it require 2 body and a head) - with its range and RoF and shield blocking/tracking, it'd still be a great gun but arguably not OP anymore. The 3 body shot thing is a significant improvement over the old double tap but the way the gun works right now means there's literally no reason to even try and hit the head :p

I would be fine with dropping the DoT to even just 1 (for PvP) and keeping everything else the same. Would that stop the 3 body shot kill?

I'm completely okay with removing the 3 body shot kill potential and require at least a headshot, or else 4 body shot kill.

Kyoufu

Meant to say earlier I got my scuf today, it's amazing. I wish I would have spent a bit more and gone for the elite and Cronus option, not taking your hands of the sticks is the future. It already feels stupid reaching for triangle to switch weapons

Nice. I just want Sony to make a DS4 Elite. :(

Trakan

No, with Aggressive Ballistics they go up an impact class while keeping their RoF. Well almost - after the AB nerf it's a little less.

This is why HCs are the weapon class where the Exotic/Legendary gap is the largest / by far.

I don't think that's why that gap exists. It's because those 3 handcannons are some of the most unique exotics in the game. I don't even run AB on TLW or Thorn anymore, there's no reason to as it doesn't change TTK unless we're talking about very specific circumstances.

I admittedly don't use Hawkmoon anymore, but I doubt it makes any difference there either.

Even in Y1, I don't think that's the reason exotic handcannons were so good. It was the DOT, the fanfire, and the bonus procs.

Top Bottom