• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Namikaze1

Sigh. Goddamn game screwed me over.

Did you leave the game by going to orbit or going to the menu and logging out/switching character? I switched characters once without going to orbit and lost my dropped engrams as well. ever since then I always go to orbit first...
Went to orbit first

Namikaze1

I never went to orbit on my Titan yet the alpha Lupi I got from oryx last night showed up at the postmaster. What the hell, destiny?

Gunslinger master race!
Now, throwing knives!
http://i.imgur.com/8Kqa1aO.gif

When a tripmine just isn't enough.

yJo31dB.gif

Trakan

I've been holding on to gunsmith packages for so long, I'm close to saying fuck it and getting rid of them all for marks. I think I've been holding on to the Ari-45 since TTK launched.

Year 2 Light System is bad and should feel bad.

Too much infusion is required. Infusion is too costly. The vault isn't big enough to hold all the infusion needed. Infusion fuel clutters up the vault and my inventory. Nothing meaningful is gained by infusing something up to a level amount, it's only a penalty for not doing it. End game rewards are totally centered on high light level infusion material, which is inherently unrewarding, unexciting.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I will continue to say it, because I don't want another Year of this garbage. I just want a fun game to play with my friends that respects my time and effort. Not another grind fest for a number on a nameplate that I play despite large parts of it being abusive.

The fact that we have quarterly updates and none of this stuff or all the other minor, but annoying things gets addressed is what's really frustrating. The Spring content update is just another doubling down on this severely flawed light system. I just.... *sigh*

giphy.gif

(You can ignore me. This is nothing new. I just needed to get it out.)

PDX 45 first roll

Hammer Forged
Full auto
Fitted stock

I grabbed the third roll this morning.

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

My Hawksaw still has more range and stability, but shifts slightly to the left. This PDX is solid, but I loathe the default holo sights with the circle. It's too bulky. I'll fiddle around with it more tonight on some Shaxx bounties.

Kyoufu

Too much infusion is required. Infusion is too costly. The vault isn't big enough to hold all the infusion needed. Infusion fuel clutters up the vault and my inventory. Nothing meaningful is gained by infusing something up to a level amount, it's only a penalty for not doing it. End game rewards are totally centered on high light level infusion material, which is inherently unrewarding, unexciting.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I will continue to say it, because I don't want another Year of this garbage. I just want a fun game to play with my friends that respects my time and effort. Not another grind fest for a number on a nameplate that I play despite large parts of it being abusive.

The fact that we have quarterly updates and none of this stuff or all the other minor, but annoying things gets addressed is what's really frustrating. The Spring content update is just another doubling down on this severely flawed light system. I just.... *sigh*

giphy.gif

(You can ignore me. This is nothing new. I just needed to get it out.)

There's a lot of stuff I couldn't use in IB because I didn't have infusion material to make them viable. This shit is the worst.

definitely go with the counter balance roll if you don't have the hidden hand and counter balance version from months ago. I also have the headseeker roll

I would have grabbed the full auto myself if I had a package as that is the one I've been waiting for :(

Lyudmila has counter balance and hand-laid stock. i'll be picking one of those up

PDX 41 has a headseeker roll that could be quite good. grabbing that as well

stay gold

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

My Hawksaw still has more range and stability, but shifts slightly to the left. This PDX is solid, but I loathe the default holo sights with the circle. It's too bulky. I'll fiddle around with it more tonight on some Shaxx bounties.

It's got the SPO-28 sight which adds a bunch of aim assist, and imo looks the nicest.

Im so pissed with that roll, he hasn't sold a PDX-45 package in forever.

Shiv47

Still find it dumb that exotic engrams aren't weighted toward stuff you don't have, period. Finally received two primary engrams during IB, and hoped to get Jade Rabbit or Red Death. Nope. Another Bad Juju and Zhalo. Fourth or fifth time each for those guns.

WipedOut

Still find it dumb that exotic engrams aren't weighted toward stuff you don't have, period. Finally received two primary engrams during IB, and hoped to get Jade Rabbit or Red Death. Nope. Another Bad Juju and Zhalo. Fourth or fifth time each for those guns.

The last 5 primary engrams have turned into 3 Red Deaths and two hard lights. Already had them.

X-Frame

Should I feel dirty bringing out Thorn again in PvP?

I know it was annoying and OP as hell last summer but that was 6 months ago, and I kind of miss it, haha.

It feels like the best hand cannon by far, that is not even including its DoT and other perks. Simply because of the RoF and accuracy, it is above even TLW for me and way above Hawkmoon. I'd even put it above my Eyasluna's which rolled well.

I know it was annoying and OP as hell last summer but that was 6 months ago, and I kind of miss it, haha.

It feels like the best hand cannon by far, that is not even including its DoT and other perks. Simply because of the RoF and accuracy, it is above even TLW for me and way above Hawkmoon. I'd even put it above my Eyasluna's which rolled well.

a ton of people already have so that's your call. if you do well with it you can expect some hate mail

It's got the SPO-28 sight which adds a bunch of aim assist, and imo looks the nicest.

Im so pissed with that roll, he hasn't sold a PDX-45 package in forever.

Hm. I'll give the SPO-28 a try then. I don't think it will replace my Hawksaw or Doctrine, but it's always fun to use new guns.

OT - If you use your Doctrine in the Golgoroth challenge mode, you can surley expect to run out of ammo fast lol

Also, if anyone wants to run strikes tonight I need to glimmer farm and I doubt anyone has a VoG CP these days.

When you wipe 10 times on daughters because LFG is awful but keep going to keep the 320 class item dream alive and then get just moldering shards.

The feels.

I FINALLY beat Oryx for the first time last night. We did have 2 315 titans carry us through but still. I got to my bombs when I was supposed to and didn't die or fuck anything up. Now I can focus on the Division next week and not worry about Destiny for a very long time.

phen0m24

Perfect Balance
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

I saw that roll but really wanted full auto. Tried it this morning
but I was playing on my Vita

Short answer? No.
The gun wasn't easy to obtain. Why not use it? The other night some guy broke out Mythoclast, so I was like "Well two can play that game" so I broke out the Thorn. :)

WipedOut

Don't believe Bad Juju can decrypt from primary engram, never seen anyone get it. You'll probably have to unlock it in the kiosk by gambling primary engrams from Xur.

Boots and heavy for me.

I finally got my last word from the piston chest, time to level this bad boy up and see if I can use it again. Not tonight though, starting up The Last of Us. Might not jump back on until Retro Raid Night if I can get into it.

Deku Tree

Holy crap y1 weapons take a long time to upgrade. Started dumping bounties into a new Timepiece. Lmao. Was going to do Atheobs Epilogue next. RIP.

WipedOut

Holy crap y1 weapons take a long time to upgrade. Started dumping bounties into a new Timepiece. Lmao. Was going to do Atheobs Epilogue next. RIP.

Only primary and special's. Heavy exotics take maybe 15 with telemetry. Going to run Vault again this weekend, still hunting for epilogue, vision and Vex. Want to go out on patrol or legacy strike lists and play around with some y1 stuff again.

ocean

Banned

Revelator, properly rolled, feels like a Thorn (same RoF) and has potentially better recoil.

Thorn does damage like a Fatebringer-RoF gun though. Just like Hawkmoon does Timur's-RoF damage. It's what makes these guns so crazy. And there's the 3 body shot kill issue with DoT :p

It's like having a Doctrine-RoF Auto with mid impact - broken much?

Thorn is by far the best PvP primary in the game.

Deku Tree

Since you have 1000+ Strange Coins I bet you have like 9000 Motes of Light by now.

Only primary and special's. Heavy exotics take maybe 15 with telemetry. Going to run Vault again this weekend, still hunting for epilogue, vision and Vex. Want to go out on patrol or legacy strike lists and play around with some y1 stuff again.

Bounties? Deku pls that's some poverty Destiny. Mote of Light your path

I would have 9000 motes but I donated so many of them to factions. I have under 2000 motes and I'm building up my stash, not using them at the moment.

I might donate some motes into factions if I hear that ships are dropping from faction packages with higher frequency via DGAF posts or something like that. It feels like the SHIP RNG is horrible right now.

Just doing some bounties that are easy while I raid and then turning them in to get some exp in my last few weapons. I'm not using them so there is no rush the waste motes on them.

Trakan

Revelator, properly rolled, feels like a Thorn (same RoF) and has potentially better recoil.

Thorn does damage like a Fatebringer-RoF gun though. Just like Hawkmoon does Timur's-RoF damage. It's what makes these guns so crazy. And there's the 3 body shot kill issue with DoT :p

It's like having a Doctrine-RoF Auto with mid impact - broken much?

Thorn is by far the best PvP primary in the game.

Stupid question, are you talking about Thorn with DOT and Hawkmoon with Bonus procs?

Ji66a-Man

Don't believe Bad Juju can decrypt from primary engram, never seen anyone get it. You'll probably have to unlock it in the kiosk by gambling primary engrams from Xur.

Bad Juju can drop from an exotic primary weapon engram. I've sharded at least 3 y2 OK doodoos.

LTWood12

I would have 9000 motes but I donated so many of them to factions. I have under 2000 motes and I'm building up my stash, not using them at the moment.

I might donate some motes into factions if I hear that ships are dropping from faction packages with higher frequency via DGAF posts or something like that. It feels like the SHIP RNG is horrible right now.

Just doing some bounties that are easy while I raid and then turning them in to get some exp in my last few weapons. I'm not using them so there is no rush the waste motes on them.

I got Armor of Vows last week. Only the 2nd faction ship I've ever gotten.

I got all the DO ships on my way to 25

I'm missing the one FWC ship that looks like the IB one

I'm missing the one NM ship that has the open wings

I've been pretty lucky with these

Top Bottom