• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Axoman

Anyone else had an experience in crucible where someone is clearly lagging but still showing green bar? Seems to be happening a lot more often since this cbmm update has been spreading out to other playlists

Yes. Last night had multiple matches with guys teleporting around on the screen regardless of what the game was reporting their connection quality as.

x1a6wrU.gif

You're free now!

I thought so too!

But i got bored of other games and this community is too damn awesome to stay away from.

I missed all of you

wish I had the spare cash to get a second PS4. this would be a pretty good time to RAF my son and have some Destiny fun with leveling him up. :/
just can't justify it to myself, let alone the wife.

*snip*
this community is too damn awesome to stay away from.

I missed all of you

amen to that. welcome back?! :D

Yes. Last night had multiple matches with guys teleporting around on the screen regardless of what the game was reporting their connection quality as.

Yeah. In skirmish earlier I was sniping people who would die a good 2-3 seconds later. Yet everyone was green bar all the way through. So frustrating.

Only red bar I saw today was in elimination and the dude was blatant lag switching. He was on my team and whenever we lost someone he would lag out and suddenly revives would happen. Was hilarious how blatant it was. He must have messed it up though as he got dc midmatch

Matt Frost

Is something called Lag Switch and people use it to simulate lag to the other players. People see the player as if has lag but in reality doesnt. Report it like 10 times maybe if we all do they get banned from Destiny and the rest of us can have a worthy match.

Get Hype

DeeJ ‏@DeeJ_BNG 32m32 minutes ago

Patch Notes arrive with the February Update next week. Today, expect a preview of some new fixes and changes.

200.gif

LordofPwn

New OT. it's been awhile. How's everyone doing?

If i can get a helmet from oryx in a couple weeks i'll have all my characters to 320. would be nice if i could get a couple more 320 ghosts so they could be all be 320 at the same time.

Get Hype

DeeJ ‏@DeeJ_BNG 32m32 minutes ago

Patch Notes arrive with the February Update next week. Today, expect a preview of some new fixes and changes.

200.gif

Thorn nerf, firebolt nerf, warlock melee nerf, placing in the top 3 of rumble counts for win completion.

BELIEEEVE

Tri4

I'm just hyped for the CBMM to spend to the other playlists. Most of my skirmish games were smooth and so was IB for the most part, which I think people were a bit biased on due to rift being terrible and playing in a fireteam of gaffers across the globe where lag is expected.

Big dreams.

phen0m24

AWWW. Colonel! :p

It's true though. I can get salty on bad Trials runs. I'm working on it.

See I thought 8-0 was pretty rad. I was just psyched to get a helmet. :) I tried, I swear...

I thought so too!

But i got bored of other games and this community is too damn awesome to stay away from.

I missed all of you

Dude! You Gigi and me we can do more casual Control! Woot!!

Thorn nerf, firebolt nerf, warlock melee nerf, placing in the top 3 of rumble counts for win completion.

BELIEEEVE

But I kinda like my assist-gun (
Thorn
)

We all know better at this point. Don't expect anything.
This man speaketh the truth

Wow that's awesome x. I really should probably do something like this. My diet and food habits are awful. I drink so much fucking Coke, and eat whatever the hell I want. Hell most mornings I put whip cream on a blue berry Eggo and head out the door. Somehow I'm still only 170 Ibs, but I'm tired all of the time.

Yea, weight loss is a bonus of this diet (it's not super huge but anything helps). The biggest thing for me was to cleanse my body and be in control of what I eat. I'm a huge foodie and love basically everything. When playing games or working, I love popping open a can of Coke as well. After lunch and dinner, I basically crave desserts. Now, not nearly as much so far. It'll be great to be in control of all of that. I've been drinking lots of water, coffee, and tea lately and slowly adapting. As well as lots of fruits. It's tough but 30 straight days to make yourself feel good again will totally be worth it.

Edit: for some people I guess they've lost upwards of 28 lbs so it definitely can make a huge difference.

I'm throwing salt at you right now. I went over to my girl's place for dinner last night. She made pasta and bought me a big ass brownie. I'll be dead in a year. Almost as dead as Destiny.

Hahaha my girlfriend quit the diet yesterday, day 10. She came home with a cheeseburger, fries and a drink while I cooked fish and veggies. I feel like I'd die continuing to eat her diet, but you don't know how tempting it was to have a bite of that burger!

Sounds good to me!

We'll definitely have to play the next time doctrine is the weapon drop, that's the only weapon I'd like to get.

Yea Zoso said he wants that gun as well. I'd be willing to do it 3x to try to get a good roll, pending the map.

WipedOut

Yea, weight loss is a bonus of this diet (it's not super huge but anything helps). The biggest thing for me was to cleanse my body and be in control of what I eat. I'm a huge foodie and love basically everything. When playing games or working, I love popping open a can of Coke as well. After lunch and dinner, I basically crave desserts. Now, not nearly as much so far. It'll be great to be in control of all of that. I've been drinking lots of water, coffee, and tea lately and slowly adapting. As well as lots of fruits. It's tough but 30 straight days to make yourself feel good again will totally be worth it.

Hahaha my girlfriend quit the diet yesterday, day 10. She came home with a cheeseburger, fries and a drink while I cooked fish and veggies. I feel like I'd die continuing to eat her diet, but you don't know how tempting it was to have a bite of that burger!

Yea Zoso said he wants that gun as well. I'd be willing to do it 3x to try to get a good roll, pending the map.

Don't forget PS4, Going to need to try for the gun x3 that week.

Tri4

Yeah when the doctrine is the trials weapon I will be trying my best to get it. Hopefully someone here will be able to
carry
help me get 7 wins for that. If worse comes to worst, I'll be on LFG until I break the disc.

How is this confusing to people? lol wow, no wonder everyone hates Deej. The average reading comprehension of the "Destiny Community" is deplorable

Honestly, it's probably confusing internally.

Deej - Hey, you got that info that I need for the update?
Mantis - I think Lars has it for you.
Deej spends 10 minutes finding Lars
Deej - Lars, you got that info I need for the update?
Lars - Yeah, I'll email it to you as soon as I get back to my desk.
30 minutes later
Deej - Dammit, this is the info for the 2.1.1 Update. Lars, I need the info for the BWU on 2-11.
Lars - Whoops, sorry. I think Mantis has that for you.

I'm still confused about what is changing. What is Deej talking about?

They're changing the name of the Bungie weekly update. Because just 2 hours ago, Deej tweeted that there will be an update today, which was followed by a lot of people asking for clarification if he meant for the game, or for the blog.

Isn't February update the thing that refers to the preview we get for the Feb patch. Like we got with the December one.

Then we get the patch notes that have completely different details in and decimals in wrong places.

Then we get something with rambling in and a few videos for a few weeks until we get something useful?

They're changing the name of the Bungie Weekly Update since people were confusing it with the Destiny content update for Ferbruary, aka the February Update.

And I suppose I sound annoyed because it annoys me when people spread mis-information or baseless inflammatory speculation. This falls into the first category, due to the average Twitter user's inability do distinguish between the regularly scheduled Bungie Weekly Updates and the infrequent Destiny content updates. The Bungie Weekly Update will likely change name to remove the word "update" so Twitter users don't have to think as hard.

They're changing the name of the Bungie Weekly Update since people were confusing it with the Destiny content update for Ferbruary, aka the February Update.

And I suppose I sound annoyed because it annoys me when people spread mis-information or baseless inflammatory speculation. This falls into the first category, due to the average Twitter user's inability do distinguish between the regularly scheduled Bungie Weekly Updates and the infrequent Destiny content updates. The Bungie Weekly Update will likely change name to remove the word "update" so Twitter users don't have to think as hard.

You are firing on all cylinders today, first you insult Destiny players and then you insult Twitter users. Can I borrow your blanket its chilly where Im at

Top Bottom