• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Tri4

Oh man, how long are the servers gonna be down for? Was hoping to get a couple of 3v3 matches in before heading to bed 😭😭😭😭😭

So i can assume the name change thing has to do with with the maintence. They needed to uplaod it over night to move a bush i mean change a name.

LTWood12

Remember when high impact auto rifles were the only good ones but there were lots of bullet hoses and only a few like Vanquisher. Now bullet hose is the new hotness, but there's literally no vendor one of that archetype, and only TWO legendaries of that archetype. Does anyone find this as frustrating as I do?

The vendors with few exceptions always seem out of step with what archetypes/rolls people want.

Remember when high impact auto rifles were the only good ones but there were lots of bullet hoses and only a few like Vanquisher. Now bullet hose is the new hotness, but there's literally no vendor one of that archetype, and only TWO legendaries of that archetype. Does anyone find this as frustrating as I do?

It's pretty bad. There's also only one year two weapon with the Grasp archetype for pulses yet a shit ton at the middle archetypes.

The vendors with few exceptions always seem out of step with what archetypes/rolls people want.

I though the DO auto rifle was supposed to be good.

Tri4

Yeah, I hate how elusive those bullet hose motherfuckers are.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

100% fire rate Arminius-D from a gunsmith package. Man was i Lucky.

the_id

The BWU will probably be up in an hour or two.

The February update likely wont hit until next Tuesday with Patch notes to follow it within the hour.

Thanks. I guess this is what Deej was eluding to in his tweets about the Feb update thing that's getting people confused.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
It's pretty bad. There's also only one year two weapon with the Grasp archetype for pulses yet a shit ton at the middle archetypes.

Remember the strike playlist exclusive weapons, like Hopscotch etc? Why is that not a thing anymore, seems the perfect place to flesh out some weapon archetypes options and give additional reasons to play them. I know we have the strike exclusive weapons, but why not both.

Check out this amazing Destiny cosplay. Love the Dead Orbit exotic cloak! #HMR

destiny_hunter_cosplay_by_fredprops-d9q5qrv.jpg

I wish we could equip two exotic armors at the same time in-game. Bungie, make it so for Destiny 2!

LTWood12

If you don't count things like Doctrine of Passing & DoP (Adept) as two different weapons, there have only been 10 Legendary Low Impact Auto Rifles. Half of those are raid, event, or Gunsmith Dependent; and unobtainable from engrams. This season you literally cannot get a weapon of that archetype from an engram.

Raid/Event/Gunsmith Specific:
Silimar's Wrath
Atheon's Epilogue
Arminus-D
Doctrine of Passing
Eidolon Ally

Vanguard/Faction Vendors & Engrams:
Unwilling Soul-09
Hex Caster ARC
Dr. Nope
AR760 Truth Serum
Payback SOS

My God I got so many Payback SOS's last year and trashed every single one. Then they make it good but there's none to be found.

Remember the strike playlist exclusive weapons, like Hopscotch etc? Why is that not a thing anymore, seems the perfect place to flesh out some weapon archetypes options and give additional reasons to play them. I know we have the strike exclusive weapons, but why not both.

Yeah there were some really good weapons as reward screen drops back in HoW. It would be nice if the same was currently true. The strike specific gear is nice but the drop rates are terrible. Strike drop rates in general are terrible. Even with the streak bonus I usually get 3 blue items, which are essentially useless. I'd at least prefer to get a crappy legendary and be able to turn it in to marks rather than that.

Deku Tree

NM Righteous VII has a good roll, 88 rate of fire.

GhaleonEB

Ask Zoso. ;) Z you sound very cranky when you post. I don't remember you being like crabby Clint Eastwood when we played. What's up man?
Which one of us were you talking to?I don't think anything in my question implied either cranky or old. I was just asking what was up.

They're changing the name of the Bungie weekly update. Because just 2 hours ago, Deej tweeted that there will be an update today, which was followed by a lot of people asking for clarification if he meant for the game, or for the blog.
Thanks.

LTWood12

Yeah there were some really good weapons as reward screen drops back in HoW. It would be nice if the same was currently true. The strike specific gear is nice but the drop rates are terrible. Strike drop rates in general are terrible. Even with the streak bonus I usually get 3 blue items, which are essentially useless. I'd at least prefer to get a crappy legendary and be able to turn it in to marks rather than that.

The fact that you literally have to play the game in a way it wasn't intended by killing a boss then suiciding upwards of a hundred times to get a Grasp of Malok is beyond baffling to me. Like how does that decision get made?

I'm talking about the bullet hoses Deku. I like me a mid-rof auto rifle as much as the next guy. Been using Haaken's Hatchet a ton. But it sucks that the best archetype of the current meta doesn't even have a single vendor option.

I'm talking about the bullet hoses Deku. I like me a mid-rof auto rifle as much as the next guy. Been using Haaken's Hatchet a ton. But it sucks that the best archetype of the current meta doesn't even have a single vendor option.

It kills me that all through Year 1 and Year 2 we wanted the Vendors to update, and so Bungie did it!

They listened and they did it!

To the real money store.

The fact that you literally have to play the game in a way it wasn't intended by killing a boss then suiciding upwards of a hundred times to get a Grasp of Malok is beyond baffling to me. Like how does that decision get made?

I don't get it either. I don't see any good reason why Bungie is so stingy with the drop rate. With the perk pool how it is the chances of getting a crappy drop are high enough that it isn't like we are going to get a drop we are looking for and stop playing. If I actually was adequately rewarded for doing strikes I'd probably start doing them again, but it isn't worth the time.

Something I just thought of that could be nice is if you could exchange exotic engrams for legendary gear that you can choose. For example if you get an exotic special weapon engram you can choose between 3 legendary special weapons and you can see the perks on each before you choose like with gunsmith orders. I have all the exotics I need so at this point I'd rather be able to get a decent legendary.

I don't get it either. I don't see any good reason why Bungie is so stingy with the drop rate. With the perk pool how it is the chances of getting a crappy drop are high enough that it isn't like we are going to get a drop we are looking for and stop playing. If I actually was adequately rewarded for doing strikes I'd probably start doing them again, but it isn't worth the time.

Something I just thought of that could be nice is if you could exchange exotic engrams for legendary gear that you can choose. For example if you get an exotic special weapon engram you can choose between 3 legendary special weapons and you can see the perks on each before you choose like with gunsmith orders. I have all the exotics I need so at this point I'd rather be able to get a decent legendary.

There should be systems to craft high level gear and I guess transmute legendary gear to other legendary gear. Like Diablo!

Just...just take diablo 3's systems.

LTWood12

Questions like this make me sad Luke doesn't ever comment any more. I'm sure it's DEFCON 2 @ Bungie right now.

They literally said in interviews that they wanted the wild to the be the main source of our weapons. And instead everyone is using Vendor weapons (I include the gunsmith here). They said they upped the drop rate to match.

There had to have been a last minute panic and they nerfed it into the ground. Because the Year 1 narrative is still true: Bungie hates player progress.

That's all I want. Bungie does FPS sandboxes best, Diablo does loot & rewards best. Make me my Infinite Jest.

FyreWulff

I guess having something called the Weekly Update is confusing when you finally have a game you're updating more frequently.

Just don't make it video based like they did with the Halo Bulletin. Those went from everyone reading them to nobody caring. I think they finally killed it off completely.

Check out this amazing Destiny cosplay. Love the Dead Orbit exotic cloak! #HMR

I wish we could equip two exotic armors at the same time in-game. Bungie, make it so for Destiny 2!

but but, um... do the eyes light up when he ADS's
if not, it's crap...

totally kidding - this is frickin amazing!!!

This is neogaf. We never played destiny. We just talk about it.

*checks to see if he's on the gaming side OT*

ooooh, burn!!!!

ok, i'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Namikaze1

I'm sorry, Breezy. I have failed you. I switched to Dragon Ball Kai (Android arc) after the first episode. I blame Xenoverse, Super, and Toonami for this!

There should be systems to craft high level gear and I guess transmute legendary gear to other legendary gear. Like Diablo!

More loot sources and transmutation and transmog would all be great. I like the looks of lots of blue weapons and whatnot and I'd gladly spend 10 strange coins applying the look of one item to another.

Questions like this make me sad Luke doesn't ever comment any more. I'm sure it's DEFCON 2 @ Bungie right now.

Yeah I'd really like to hear their reasoning behind their design choices and their thoughts going forward.

Yeah I think I only have a couple weapons I use that weren't vendor/gunsmith/quest drops. Even when stuff drops in the wild it doesn't feel as exciting if it's an engram which you have to decrypt as opposed to the instant gratification of, "wow the Vanguard machine gun just dropped for me!"

Top Bottom