• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Why does Deej always wait until the day of to write these things?

If I was going to publish something on a certain day of the week, I'd have it written and edited by EOD the day before. It's 2pm Bungie time and we've probably still got a couple hours before the thing goes live. Why not plan better? I know I have more time to read and discuss an update during the day. Once I get home from work I'm busy with chores and actual gaming.

Axoman

I don't get it either. I don't see any good reason why Bungie is so stingy with the drop rate. With the perk pool how it is the chances of getting a crappy drop are high enough that it isn't like we are going to get a drop we are looking for and stop playing. If I actually was adequately rewarded for doing strikes I'd probably start doing them again, but it isn't worth the time.

It wouldn't surprise me if that during Taken King development they were still deciding on if rerolling weapons would stay in or not and had a build that had rerolling but with really low drop rates to sort of control the ability to reroll. Then they decided against rerolling but left the hampered drop rate in either on purpose or accidentally.

FyreWulff

If I was going to publish something on a certain day of the week, I'd have it written and edited by EOD the day before. It's 2pm Bungie time and we've probably still got couple hours before the thing goes live. Why not plan better? I know I have more time to read and discuss an update during the day. Once I get home from work I'm busy with chores and actual gaming.

They've always been, which is funny when "insiders" pretend to know what's going to be in the BWU.

GhaleonEB

If I was going to publish something on a certain day of the week, I'd have it written and edited by EOD the day before. It's 2pm Bungie time and we've probably still got a couple hours before the thing goes live. Why not plan better? I know I have more time to read and discuss an update during the day. Once I get home from work I'm busy with chores and actual gaming.

I'm guessing it's a combination of him having a lot of other things to do, and wanting to get the latest information into the BWU. I know when I have something to write up due in a given day, I'll usually have a draft ready but work on finishing it the day of.

FyreWulff

I'm guessing it's a combination of him having a lot of other things to do, and wanting to get the latest information into the BWU. I know when I have something to write up due in a given day, I'll usually have a draft ready but work on finishing it the day of.

Also, given how last second things can get unapproved/approved/delayed/cancelled/added-on in this industry... you could write an update at the start of the week that was completely obsolete at the end of it.

See also: ODST's E3 plans (again). Pulled at about literally the last minute.

WipedOut

Speaking of guns in the wild, I just had a blue engram turn into a hawksaw with perfect balance / feather mag, partial refund and snapshot / hand-laid stock.

Max stability and max reload, worth keeping?

GhaleonEB

Also, given how last second things can get unapproved/approved/delayed/cancelled/added-on in this industry... you could write an update at the start of the week that was completely obsolete at the end of it.

See also: ODST's E3 plans (again). Pulled at about literally the last minute.

Yup, that's what I meant by making sure it was up to date. Final testing could yank or delay fixes and features. If Bungie wants to really see people lose their minds, promise something in one patch and then delay it. For all the grief they get about being murky about their roadmap, I don't begrudge Bungie one bit for holding back on patch details until they're in the can.

drkOne

There should be systems to craft high level gear and I guess transmute legendary gear to other legendary gear. Like Diablo!

Just...just take diablo 3's systems.

Seriously, just adapt what Diablo 3 currently has.

Best loot system I've ever seen. It makes every play session feel rewarding, and every little improvement to gear makes a "difference".

phen0m24

Which one of us were you talking to?I don't think anything in my question implied either cranky or old. I was just asking what was up.

Thanks.

Sorry Ghaleon I started the sentence with just Z instead of Zoso. :( Could have been clearer. Just seems like Z has been kinda worked up lately.

I'm sorry, Breezy. I have failed you. I switched to Dragon Ball Kai (Android arc) after the first episode. I blame Xenoverse, Super, and Toonami for this!

You're a monster!

Seriously, just adapt what Diablo 3 currently has.

Best loot system I've ever seen. It makes every play session feel rewarding, and every little improvement to gear makes a "difference".

Yup. It's like, even if you get a bunch of crap through drops, you're guaranteed atleast a legendary(That would be equivalent to a Destiny Exotic for you non-Diablo folk) each playthrough, and then through the tools offered in the game you can either upgrade rare stuff to legendary, or convert set items, or reroll stats....there's just alot to it. Like, even when you find your set, you can still look for that perfect set that has the right amount of sockets and the right stats.

Don't assume that the BWU takes up all 40 hours of his work week.

Chances are Deej sits in on a lot of meetings.

Like, the PvP balancing team probably meets once a week on Mondays, and Deej sits in to provide the "player feedback" info.
Then there is the Game Economy meeting every Tuesday that Deej sits in on to provide the "player feedback" info.
Then there is the Live Team meeting every Wednesday, that Deej sits in on, and asks "Can I talk about this yet?" after every project is brought up in discussion.

etc...

I know Destiny is dad, but is anyone I interested in doing some Nightfalls? I'm still chasing that damn BD chest and would love to have it for Trials this weekend.

Otherwise I'm back to This War of Mine . . .
BD chest? You mean Tarantella?

If so, you're better off farming w/ 3oC. The exotic drop rate in NF is terrible.

Good to know. I'll just keep popping them in crucible
Yeah, I would pop them every 3rd or 4th match. Doing every game is a waste. They still drop engrams semi-consistently though.

I usually don't even bother with them now. I've got 30 engrams in my vault & postmaster. Bungie needs to release those remaining exotics =/

D_psipher

pwn'd

Can someone explain to me the optimal set-up/timing for farming Grasp of Malok?

A team with at least two tethers some hard hitting weapons, personal favorite is fire exotic sword and a titan with weapons couldn't hurt. You keep killing olé Omni in the hallway right before the final room and die to the ads. If you wanna farm her let me know I'll help out.

LTWood12

No starting w/ Special Ammo in 3v3. That's.....it. No other balance or weapon tweaks. No vendor rerolls. No putting ghosts and class items into challenge mode.

But hey, at least there's a new fucking name for the BWU now.

No starting w/ Special Ammo in 3v3. That's.....it. No other balance or weapon tweaks. No vendor rerolls. No putting ghosts and class items into challenge mode.

But hey, at least there's a new fucking name for the BWU now.

Also: Solo queuing PvP, detailed networking updates, King's Fall glitch fixes.

A good start. I expect much much more in Spring.

I'd rather have them remove heavy ammo from competitive modes. Whatever. I'm kind of indifferent.

I do, however, appreciate that they're taking solo players into account. Though, I can't see how this would work in Iron Banner unless there are two playlists. That's really where the issue is most apparent.

NO MORE SPECIAL AMOO FOR 3V3
THEY'RE GOING TO BE HURTING PEOPLE WITH BAD CONNECTIONS

that's literally it

Also I love their bullshit reasoning

SNIPERS WERE TOO OVERPOWERED IN 3V3

SO WE'RE GOING TO NERF ALL OF THE SPECIAL WEAPONS AMMUNITION BECAUSE WE ARE IDIOTS THAT CANNOT ACCEPT THAT SNIPERS AUTO AIM IS TOO STRONG

Deku Tree

It's gonna take a lot longer to find a match in the regular playlists. Good luck going With a partial team. Anyone queuing by themselves is gonna go into freelance.

LOL, he said nothing.

The special ammo thing will likely irritate even more people...so that's fun.

It's like

the example he uses are Sniper Rifles. And so the logic is that they better just nerf all the special weapons starting ammo? no you fucking lower auto aim. Shotguns are already in a terrible position as it is, especially in 3v3 where it's pretty obvious where people are running towards you from.

Just read the update. Welp.

I'll return to it once I'm done with Kai. Got less than 40 episodes left compared to the 111 I have to watch of YYH.

YOU'VE BROKEN MY HEART

That's good to hear. I need more people to talk about YYH! it's so good.

Wow Bungie..

The Division hype is high right now.. its just around the corner.

and we get a BWU filled with PVP balance changes and a new name for the BWU.

I dunno guys.

Top Bottom