• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Frenden

Banned
got the poop ghost and rosebright shader in first 3 matches. no need to play destiny rest of the week
Yeah. I got all the new shit except for one of the ghosts in about four matches this morning.

I will play a bit if bored and if others need it, but am SUPER glad my grinding for rewards is over.

the_id

Anybody tried the new inferno modes - clash and control? I can't at the moment and would like to know impressions so far.

Yo whoever thought that it was okay to have Crimson Doubles on Frontier needs a headcheck. That map is terrible for all game modes and 2v2 is even worse.

Dear god, Freelance 6v6 is a horrible, horrible mess. People dropping out, matches starting lopsided and staying that way for significant amounts of time, sweaty as fuck every time, random mode changes, lag just as bad as before...what is going on, Bungie?

Acidote

Crimsom Days is a 2 player fireteam event? That sure will bring back people like me whose friends have completely moved on from the game.

>.<

maomaoIYP

wait...there are no more daily crimson bounties today

those bounties we got yesterday were the ONLY bounties.

lmao this is ridiculous

So if we didn't pick them up yesterday we're screwed? DA FUQ?
Did they literally screw half the world out of getting the crimson bounties?

got a revelator with hot swap, braced frame/hammer foged and hidden hand

keep or nah?

So if we didn't pick them up yesterday we're screwed? DA FUQ?
Did they literally screw half the world out of getting the crimson bounties?

no they will be there with shaxx and you can do them once each with 3 characters, but that's it i guess

6 bounties than can be completed in 1 hour, for a 7 day event. Beautiful.

Dear god, Freelance 6v6 is a horrible, horrible mess. People dropping out, matches starting lopsided and staying that way for significant amounts of time, sweaty as fuck every time, random mode changes, lag just as bad as before...what is going on, Bungie?

no kidding, red bars and teleports all over the place

Something for the last remaining guardians to do? Assuming it's gonna be atleast fall before any actual new content is release...but who knows.

wow, fall...hope not.

if they bring something very fresh and interesting new PVE stuff, a long with promises of adding new content within a shorter time frame that they have so far, 2 months between DLC´s maximum then maybe I will return.

I'm guessing the "bigger" than anything we've seen since TTK launched reboot, will be mid April and will consist of a few strikes, a couple of new PvP maps, taken versions of the Vault/Scrota, the rest of the exotics and yet another weapons rebalancing to suffer for a few months

wow, fall...hope not.

if they bring something very fresh and interesting new PVE stuff, a long with promises of adding new content within a shorter time frame that they have so far, 2 months between DLC´s maximum then maybe I will return.

Fall will be the earliest we'd see new content and even that is questionable given the Kotaku article. Of course things could change but they haven't given the faintest hint of new content to hype up which means nothing is on the horizon for actual release. The only thing we know is the summer event, which has been touted as being larger than other seasonal events but that doesn't mean much considering how thin the events have been.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's winter before new content. E3 announcement is probably our nearest hope for solid news. Two months max between DLCs will never happen, I wouldn't get my hopes set on that. Personally I wouldn't want content that fast, there's no way they could maintain quality standards.

Personally I wouldn't want content that fast, there's no way they could maintain quality standards.

I didnt mean the taken king level of DLC, just new smaller stuff like a bunch of missions or secret weapons, think black spindle type things.

then a larger DLC release each 3-4 months.

amar212

I'm guessing the "bigger" than anything we've seen since TTK launched reboot, will be mid April ...

I see September earliest. It will probably be announced at E3 and then dragged through PR until release.

It will probably be the aforementioned Cabal expansion, with few strikes, MP maps, modes, exotics, etc and MAYBE new raid.

But I would not hope to anything substantial before September.

Just to refresh everyone's memory, in the December 10th weekly update Urk said this in regards to future plans.

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of The Taken King. There’s also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.

It’s true that we’ve updated the playbook based on what we've learned to date, and to better tap into what makes Destiny unique. Last year, we all waited five months and ten days between content drops after December. This year, the plan is to deliver new experiences at a faster clip. To that end, the updates described above are all currently slated to hit across Winter and Spring of 2016, with more to come, as well.

So as long as these plans haven't changed the bigger thing should be in the spring still which would likely mean late April or mid May. There is also supposedly changes to the sandbox yet to come.

wow, fall...hope not.

I have no idea, might be able to ask a few questions ;) but anyway, I am just assuming Bungie will make an announcement about DLC, plans, etc at E3. Of course do not take anything I say as fact. Just rambling :p

Just to refresh everyone's memory, in the December 10th weekly update Urk said this in regards to future plans.

So as long as these plans haven't changed the bigger thing should be in the spring still which would likely mean late April or mid May. There is also supposedly changes to the sandbox yet to come.
If the new experiences Urk is referring to is similar to the Festival of the Lost, SRL, crimson double, etc..I still dont have any interest in playing...

I see September earliest. It will probably be announced at E3 and then dragged through PR until release.

It will probably be the aforementioned Cabal expansion, with few strikes, MP maps, modes, exotics, etc and MAYBE new raid.

But I would not hope to anything substantial before September.

Urk said this in the Weekly update before Xmas

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you&#8217;ve seen since the release of The Taken King. There&#8217;s also another significant update to the world and sandbox planned in this same window.

To that end, the updates described above are all currently slated to hit across Winter and Spring of 2016, with more to come, as well.

Sorry I missed your party invite was AFK then you'd logged off when I saw it

Edit Damn you Hammon

Urk said this in the Weekly update before Xmas

The first of these early 2016 experiences will be on a scale close to Festival of the Lost. The second will be far larger than anything you’ve seen since the release of The Taken King.

thats not saying much..since the taken king its been nothing...Bungie better deliver on this, I want to play Destiny but currently its just not pulling me back in.

thats not saying much..since the taken king its been nothing...Bungie better deliver on this, I want to play Destiny but currently its just not pulling me back in.

Its a pretty easy promise to fulfil considering whats been released since, even one strike would be bigger than anything we've seen

Its a pretty easy promise to fulfil considering whats been released since, even one strike would be bigger than anything we've seen

yes haha.
God I wish they surprise us with a new Taken king level of DLC but I guess thats wishing for way too much. Probably we will end up getting one new mission where we get to run the mission Fears embrace upside down, we have had to endure playing some missions backwards so maybe this is the new meta for bungie, everything is upside down! HAHAHA.

The first thing is the spring event (Crimson Doubles), the second "bigger" thing is the summer event. Larger than the biggest thing released since TTK means larger than SRL... which could be about anything. Larger than SRL but smaller than TTK is an enormous gap.

The world update will include some weapon balancing and then who knows what else. If they were gonna update VoG and/or CE and/or Taken Strikes I could see it happening there. Luke also mentioned on the Planet Destiny podcast last year after TTK dropped that they weren't very interested in Taken-ing old strikes but rather focused on making new stuff. Of course that could have changed between now and back then.

edit: well it does say the part about hitting in Spring 2016 but then they also had the interview in Eurogamer that made it sound like the seasonal events were all we should expect. Not sure if the "bigger thing" will actually be in addition to the summer event.

edit2: here's the Eurogamer interview where they basically say there's no new content but just seasonal events for the rest of year 2:

Destiny's first year featured two DLC packs, whereas this year things are different. Can players look forward to any more story content in Year Two?

Derek Carroll: "With Taken King we are moving to a more event-based model - things like Festival of the Lost and Sparrow racing, which is our winter event, and then smaller events such as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris every weekend. Rather than doing these giant, monolithic DLC packs, this way everybody who's an owner of Taken King can enjoy these things."

edit2: here's the Eurogamer interview where they basically say there's no new content but just seasonal events for the rest of year 2:

Hmm interview was publish in December? Welp that's disapointing for me atleast. Seasonal events should be in addition to actual new content. Nonetheless it's a waiting game before bungie mention anything new. Give me a reason to play again bungie!

funny how Derek Carroll knows everything about the roadmap but never knew about SBMM

Tbh I don't even think Bungie know what the fuck is going to happen

Deku Tree

Acti conference call on Thursday should be interesting. Maybe we get semi-confirmation of no destiny 2 in 2016 based on earnings guidance.

How do you guys think Bungie will handle D2?

Will they just recreate the same world we are in now but updated with PS4/One Graphics and with more missions and maybe more new planets?

Creating the world we are currently in with PS4 graphics I guess cant be too time consuming.

I am also guessing they will have new engine that will hopefully work better than the one they currently are using. This will probably help to cut the time on introducing new stuff into the game world in a shorter time frame.

glaurung

OK Bungie, you're next..

Bungie......

Ok, thank you.
Bungie: Over the next 18 months, we expect a healthy player base growth around the 4000% area.

Activision beancounter: Bringing your existing player base to... 100 billion players?

Bungie: Hmm. Wait, there might be a decimal error here.

phen0m24

Watched nghtly last night for a bit in the fun cute look how adorable doubles event. So "Trials - Table for Two?" Nah. Will the next event be Trials 1 v 1 - and the event will be called "1 v 1 Me, Breh?" and it will come out on Independence Day?

Really like playing pvp casually but am missing pve stuff like everyone else. Hence that other DGAF game with the upcoming open beta.

Le sigh

This is what Crimson is like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_mVOaILqo

And mode brings out the worst people. Every team is teabagging or acting like morons. I rarely get hate mail but I've gotten a few today.

I wonder if i should expand my efforts of teaching manner to this community by sending gg after trials matches but i fear it would only invite them to in return send hate message at me. Why is everyone such a douchebag? These days i get teabagged every single time i lose a game in trials. Meanwhile i bow after every win.

Lnkn52

I wonder if i should expand my efforts of teaching manner to this community by sending gg after trials matches but i fear it would only invite them to in return send hate message at me. Why is everyone such a douchebag? These days i get teabagged every single time i lose a game in trials. Meanwhile i bow after every win.
I would consider the age of people playing this game right now. Pretty sure it's getting younger and younger.

Look at all these sweaty kids, most of them are still attending high school.

Plus your orb floating to be revived is such a great opportunity to get tea bagged.

Hence this conversation

Deku Tree

Watched nghtly last night for a bit in the fun cute look how adorable doubles event. So "Trials - Table for Two?" Nah. Will the next event be Trials 1 v 1 - and the event will be called "1 v 1 Me, Breh?" and it will come out on Independence Day?

Really like playing pvp casually but am missing pve stuff like everyone else. Hence that other DGAF game with the upcoming open beta.

Le sigh

All I saw was rust. Nghtly lost more sniper battles than he won. Nowhere near the level of y1 trials number one player. Needs to put away all seven of his TLWs in the new no special meta.

I'll be around in about 11-12 hours from this post for some CD with you buddy! I need to get that last ghost. I'll bring my bow emote :)

phen0m24

All I saw was rust. Nghtly lost more sniper battles than he won. Nowhere near the level of y1 trials number one player. Needs to put away all seven of his TLWs in the new no special meta.

Yeah he looked fallible for sure but took care of datto pretty easily. I watched for a few and then watched Blacklist instead

Lol. Bungie getting cheap with their weekly event bounties. What the point of having this as a week long event?

Well, not everyone can start and finish with them during the first day. Even just being available for one week is quite short timeframe for many.

Some friends even missed out on all the Halloween stuff and that was available for weeks.

But yeah, this was just a very small bonus thing it seems.

Top Bottom