• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

This mode is equivalent to two charge characters holding down back for 98 seconds and then at the least second they both do something and whoever hits first wins.

But on the plus side, you can use Thorn!

...wait, nvm. Based on impressions here, back to Steam I go. Undisclosed Summer event is our only hope left.

Kalamari

Did Warpriest challenge a couple of days ago with friends, Destiny has sucked me in once again.

What's the best method for farming exotics with 3oCs?

Deku Tree

I would have liked Bungie more if they would have come out and said "we're gonna sell you expensive emotes and dress up the tower a few times a year and give you a small number of extremely low effort PvP events but otherwise your on your own until Destiny 2" ... instead how I feel now based upon what they said is mislead ...

Back in 2015, Deej hyped up the "live team" and made it sound like they were "fully supporting" Destiny with TTK with actual real "free content" in year 2. People felt like buying emotes made them angel investors for the second raid of year 2 that they "knew" was going to be free. Bungie did nothing to deny that Kotaku article that made all of us feel like we were gonna get some real additional content this year. LMAO

daedalius

...wait, nvm. Based on impressions here, back to Steam I go. Undisclosed Summer event is our only hope left.

All I am hoping for at this point is MAYBE they remix some of the other strikes, or update the old raids... or something!

Good games Sushi! He's the true winner tonight because he got one of everything!

Put me down for VERY disappointed with this "event".

Crimson Double just doesn't work. The special ammo changes don't help either.

I suspect Trials will be a bit better because it's 3v3 and the matches will last a bit longer.

Frenden

Banned
This mode is equivalent to two charge characters holding down back for 98 seconds and then at the least second they both do something and whoever hits first wins.

I lol'd waaaay too hard at that. Scotch burns when it goes out your nose, fyi.

I would have liked Bungie more if they would have come out and said "we're gonna sell you expensive emotes and dress up the tower a few times a year and give you a small number of extremely low effort PvP events but otherwise your on your own until Destiny 2" ... instead how I feel now based upon what they said is mislead ...

Back in 2015, Deej hyped up the "live team" and made it sound like they were "fully supporting" Destiny with TTK with actual real "free content" in year 2. People felt like buying emotes made them angel investors for the second raid of year 2 that they "knew" was going to be free. Bungie did nothing to deny that Kotaku article that made all of us feel like we were gonna get some real additional content this year. LMAO

Back when they announced MT's

I was thinking this could happen. The MT's count as 'content' and the actual dripfeed isn't really worth it.

Microtransactions are truly the darkest timeline.

I played all night and got 1 shader. Of course my friend that sucks so hard grabs both shaders and both ghosts in like 10 matches.

Fucking destiny you can't ever earn anything

NeOak

Tbh, Icebreaker > Thorn. They always rush because they think you don't have special ammo either.

NeOak :( We still won the next round and match!

You're right :p

Did anyone C/P the chat when that happened? I bet their was some laughs to be had there.
To be fair, I almost pulled an "Ape" playing CD earlier with Kadey, but I moved forward lulz

Great games Apes! Hopefully see you for Trials this weekend.

Pretty much this^ Either one team holds back or both go bomb rushing in at one point with one person coming out the survivor. Really didn't enjoy this mode.

Oh and my god the secondary ammo shit is a mess right now. I'm convinced then didn't even play test it before launching it to us. It sucks so hard right now and can be gamed so easily.

I am loving Crimson Doubles. Nice fun little mode to celebrate a nice little holiday.

The playerbase is so irritable over the lack of DLC that this poor event is getting slammed so hard.

Oh well, I enjoy it. And the Tower is so preeeetty.

ich00

I'm really enjoying CD. I just wish there was more to it. I'll be done with all three characters tomorrow in terms of bounties, unless they have more to the quest or have more bounties with different drops.

Frenden

Banned
Have one on me. You were sweatin' so hard earlier!

The pool grew when I played tonight, but man...the amount of try hards with ice breakers was something else!

I played a bit more tonight and never got into matches as sweaty as ours--I think we got colossally unlucky earlier!

Got one good games message. Why can't more people be like that.

I sent someone a GG the other day. They sent a voice message telling me they could speak a little english, but not read it, and wondered what it meant. I sent back that it meant good game and received a smiley face.

It was a while ago and I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that was the gist. It was nice.

I decided to run some more CD if anyone is looking. I'll be in orbit or playing freelance.

I played a bit more tonight and never got into matches as sweaty as ours--I think we got colossally unlucky earlier!

I sent someone a GG the other day. They sent a voice message telling me they could speak a little english, but not read it, and wondered what it meant. I sent back that it meant good game and received a smiley face.

It was a while ago and I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that was the gist. It was nice.

I decided to run some more CD if anyone is looking. I'll be in orbit or playing freelance.

I'm down for a few matches if you are still looking!

LTWood12

Just had an entire Oryx encounter tak place where everything moved at half speed and got progressively slower. Eventually wiped when the pillars took so long to activate that we kept jumping on them getting them out of order. Saved the clip, will post this week. It was hilarious.

Dthomp

Any Gaffers able to help me with Fears Embrace for my Touch of Malice??? Having issues doing this mission solo. PSN is dthomp

How much of a tryhard asshole do you have to be to lagswitch in a crimson doubles match?

Everything was fine till the 4-3 round when the ramlock turned on his lagswitch :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsVkhISxg8Q

Any Gaffers able to help me with Fears Embrace for my Touch of Malice??? Having issues doing this mission solo. PSN is dthomp

Load up the mission, i'll join you in a few minutes.

Anyone want to run some Doubles?

I can after I help with the malice mission. I don't care about winning though...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games pity. All characters, all done. 3 free emotes and a bunch of useless legendaries. Shaders aren't that great looking, the emblem and ghosts are the best things about it.

This mode is way too intense to play all the time. I think it would be fine in spurts.

My sniping was on point. This is the game where I literally had a super in each round except the first thanks to camping.

uiuiui.gif

abd

Anyone have advise for the mission Wolves Gambit? I can't figure out how to take down the Oracles before they kill me.

I wonder how Destiny players would do playing WoW, which is frequently propped up by the Destiny community as a paragon of what Bungie should be doing, it has SO MUCH content and SO MANY updates after all...

Meanwhile, in reality, the last WoW raid was released June 23rd. The next one won't be until September. That's 14 months. 14 months with a subscription to pay.

NeOak

I wonder how Destiny players would do playing WoW, which is frequently propped up by the Destiny community as a paragon of what Bungie should be doing, it has SO MUCH content and SO MANY updates after all...

Meanwhile, in reality, the last WoW raid was released June 23rd. The next one won't be until September. That's 14 months. 14 months with a subscription to pay.

A lot played WoW before that, including me (Vanilla up until WotLK). The current WoW situation is abnormal tbh.

I really want to like this games pvp but its straight ASS, a step back from halo in almost every single way possible. Hope Destiny 2 has BIG changes.

True, but WoW has such a wealth of older content that many, many people grind out for rep, mounts, tabards and titles. It has, for the longest time, had these big gaps between the last raid of the expac and the new expansion dropping. Blizzard do attempt to negate this however with most regular players being flagged at some point to try out the Alpha/Beta for the next expac which allows for most hardcore players to have a pretty consistent source of hype. Plus considering we are talking about the hardcore players here, even if they stay subscribed for 14 mnths they have a consistent flow of gold to be able to purchase a wow token which float between 24 - 36k. So I don't think the comparison to WoW is brought up in a sense of a game with tons of content but more in the sense of a game that has a consistent stream of things to do for the life of the epxac and it has a developer, that for the most part, keeps giving info to the community, something which in my opinion Bungie could do better.

Dthomp

If you are serious, I could actually do that while I work on some stuff. Will be online soon (~30 min?).

I'd be up for later on today, I'm in central time zone (US) and it's around 2:30 am so I think I'm going to call it a night for now

Dthomp

with ice breaker in first round i have 18 rounds in my 1000ks

1 IB bullet = 6 sniper bullets

bungie have broken the special ammo problem even more

Would it be possible for them to make that a perk that only works in PVE to save us from seeing everybody using IB to get around the special ammo fix?

So I played Destiny again last night, been awhile since I last played, got burnt out and the lack of new content just made it hard to return to it.

Crimson doubles I guess was fun but every match was a sweaty, now I guess my game is off as I have not played the game in a while. I got 2 shaders within 20 minutes then I stopped playing. Me and my friend both said, nope destiny still lacks new content of value and it didnt draw us back in as i had hoped it would. I love destiny, I´m a year one player, have over 1500 hours invested in this game, hell its the only game i played since it came out, well up until the Closed Beta for The Division.

Anyway, this got me thinking. If this is what bungie had in mind with their 10 year plan of destiny, then I feel they are going to lose most of their playerbase. The new DLC is just not arriving fast enough. year Two have been very slow and they need to speed things up.

Hopefully Bungie are neck deep in D2 production to be released very soon and have shorter time between DLC´s. I think people will just move on to something else if not. They also need to move onto next gen completely and I guess they have done that with D2?

I love Destiny and I want to be immersed once again, the gun play and control is just so good but at the moment it´s not pulling me back in with these new timed events or PVP.

Bring me good news fellow gaffers, tell me the future will be brighter. or maybe its time to go out and get myself a girlfriend and do something else with my life haha.

Top Bottom