• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Arrgh, I miss my Telesto and Zhalo Supercell from TTK. Have them on my Xbox (along with all exotics) characters, but I decided to switch to PS4 for RoI. Got two characters to average 360 light (my titan being maxed at 361). Now the grind feels a lot worse. IB drops sure have helped. Gonna start doing Nightfalls and maybe the start of the raid, been mainly on a meal of exotic engrams and SIVA strikes.

Kyne

the new meta is running around and grabbing all the special ammo crates.

enemy team doesn't stand a chance.

LiK

Arrgh, I miss my Telesto and Zhalo Supercell from TTK. Have them on my Xbox (along with all exotics) characters, but I decided to switch to PS4 for RoI. Got two characters to average 360 light (my titan being maxed at 361). Now the grind feels a lot worse. IB drops sure have helped. Gonna start doing Nightfalls and maybe the start of the raid, been mainly on a meal of exotic engrams and SIVA strikes.

i didn't use Zhalo in Y1 or Y2. but man, I love this gun for both PVE and PVP in Y3. So fun to chain lightning. barely using the Gally now as a result.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You can dismantle a Khovostov to start the quest as well. Like white, common drop level Khovostov.

Other than that head to the plaguelands patrol... turn right... head into that building past the fight on your right and follow that through back to the rocket yard and take that left past where the tank was all the way back through that way you came from when you started a new character. Make sure you have a relay key to unlock the laser door that lies ahead.

Okay, I keep getting turned around in there and can't find it. Thanks for all the replies.

so, look at what the cat dragged in...
<_<
>_>

good to see the regulars, and with RoI, i'll be around more frequently :)

thanks to Ares and co., last night, i got an Unbent Tree with the following perq's
UtoOzDs.jpg

void666

Banned
so, look at what the cat dragged in...
<_<
>_>

good to see the regulars, and with RoI, i'll be around more frequently :)

thanks to Ares and co., last night, i got an Unbent Tree with the following perq's
UtoOzDs.jpg

Mine is very similar. But quick draw/casket magazine instead of snapshot/feather mag.
It's my go to weapon for smaller maps. Focused fire makes recoil more manageable.

Between braced frame and counter balance the recoil is so low that the negative effect of high caliber rounds is basically non existent, and you gain a slight boost to range with HCR.

That's an amazing roll! I want it (and I have two grasps I love). HCR is one of my favourite perks.

Never played another IB where it is so extremely difficult to win playing solo. This IB is nothing but pub stomping by big teams.

Huh. I'm not finding it that bad at all on XBone. Decent team play seems to just happen a lot of the time with the randos I'm paired with&#8212; against when running in a fireteam.

The Void part of the Thorn bounty is taking forever, especially now that they have nerfed special ammo in the Crucible.

Void sidearm and you'll have ammo on every spawn.

Nighte

That's an amazing roll! I want it (and I have two grasps I love). HCR is one of my favourite perks.

Huh. I'm not finding it that bad at all on XBone. Decent team play seems to just happen a lot of the time with the randos I'm paired with— against when running in a fireteam.

Void sidearm and you'll have ammo on every spawn.

Might be random but ive lost 4 out of maybe 20 matches with randoms. Usually fast and easy games.Lucky maybe

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have been having really bad luck with the Light Level of my Iron Banner drops. When I was 381. Stuff was dropping at 380 and nothing above that. Thanks to same exotics i was hoarding and faction drops I was able to go to 381, but now that I am 381 3 out of 4 of my drops were 381.

I have never seen that happen. Is this something they fixed when the servers went down last night?

Since IB i have been able to go up from 379 to 381 and while it did drop some weapons, boots and cloaks two LL over my overall LL on day 1, it's been a fucking grind since. No Ghosts or artifacts either.

Is this a bug or am I just unlucky?

Shito

Huh. I'm not finding it that bad at all on XBone. Decent team play seems to just happen a lot of the time with the randos I'm paired with&#8212; against when running in a fireteam.
I'm with you on that one: I would say it's way easier for randoms to grasp the concept of how to play Supremacy rather than, say, Control...
Players understanding that you should not go after the 3rd base when you are alreading holding two are still SO. RARE. ^^

Foxxsoxx

I'm down for a raid as long as it's a group that knows what they're doing. Not trying to be picky but I had groups that struggled about 8 hours or so on Aksis last week I tried to help out and it killed me on the inside xD

PSN is Fakehound if anyone is down.

*edit FINALLY got Rank 5 in IB. Definitely prefer the new system though it kept matching me with the same group 4 games in a row even when I backed out.

ethomaz

Banned
I was getting all Crucible ghosts when I found most of the maps I like where PlayStation exclusives.

That was a surprise for me... I guessed the exclusives ones was the bad ones lol

Kyne

How is the Invective for PVP?

godlike in the current meta where special ammo is just as valuable as heavy ammo.

range isn't too hot but who cares if you can pump 25 shots into the other person in the time it takes for them to throw a grenade.

MrDaravon

It's incredible how unbelievably shit this IB is for matching groups of all solo randoms against squads of 4+. When it's all solo randoms on both sides it's usually pretty fair, but every time it matches me against a squad it's a fucking Mercy. I'm just idling out these matches at this point. I am in a match right now where we are losing 70-6. So yeah.

noomi

The Void part of the Thorn bounty is taking forever, especially now that they have nerfed special ammo in the Crucible.

It's 125 void kills. Year one was worse if I remember correctly, you would lose progress upon death.

I'm extremely happy with this roll. I was actually talking about best possible rolls in discord last night, and then it dropped from a bounty.

Maybe if I talk about the Tresspasser & DuneMarchers they'll drop pas well :p

How is Universal Remote?

I got one a few days ago but haven't tried it.

Not as good as it once was (nerfed range on it), can still be fun to use in some scenarios.

X-Frame

It's incredible how unbelievably shit this IB is for matching groups of all solo randoms against squads of 4+. When it's all solo randoms on both sides it's usually pretty fair, but every time it matches me against a squad it's a fucking Mercy. I'm just idling out these matches at this point. I am in a match right now where we are losing 70-6. So yeah.

Bungie's matchmaking is horrendous.

I can't believe that not only does it still match people from so far away because of SBMM but also gives no fucks about matching a team of ransoms vs a large group on the other side.

If I was in a 4-6 player group it is fair to wait a bit longer in matchmaking to group up with other 4-6 player groups.

Mrcapcom

I haven't tried the raid yet but whats the best weapon types to carry? With Oryx it was always Black Spindle for War Priest & Golgoroth and Touch for Daughters & Oryx. Whats the combo this time? Or is it just Pulse/AR Sniper Gjallahorn/MG?

X-Frame

I'm extremely happy with this roll. I was actually talking about best possible rolls in discord last night, and then it dropped from a bounty.

I have one that dropped with Smallbore/Braced, HCR/Snapshot, and Hidden Hand.

I wish I had CB like yours but even without it and Braced it is still very accurate. HH certainly doesn't hurt.

I'm new to this archetype so I have to get used to it but so far when I was able to land my shots people just melted.

Tjamato88

Ah i STILL havent got a Remote to drop. This and No Land Beyond have been complete no shows for me but would totally compliment my play style.

Where did UR drop for you by chance?

I don't remember I think it was either a Crucible drop or a Strike drop with 3oC.

MrDaravon

I can't even fucking go 0.5 K/D and/or get a crest score in the double digits with these teams of all randoms versus full squads. And it's doing it almost every single match. Fuck this, finding a rubberband, I no longer give a shit. You fucking win Bungie.

Top Bottom