• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LiK

Matador 64 is way too OP. The range is simply insane. Forgot how much I hate that gun in PVP. PC+1 comes close.

JJShadow

Anyone down for a quick Aksys kill this afternoon guys? Got a Phase 2 CP from our run yesterday, and I still need one more boss kill for the OP quest. Let's say 19:00 BST (roughly 4 hours from now), experience with the fight would be cool!

Aksys Phase 2 - 19:00 BST (UK time) - PS4

1. JJShadow77

Zakalwe

Banned
Agree to disagree on this one haha.

We can't though, objectively the Invective isn't a great shogtun. The numbers speak for themselves dude. There are much, much better legendary rolls you can get.

I can't even fucking go 0.5 K/D and/or get a crest score in the double digits with these teams of all randoms versus full squads. And it's doing it almost every single match. Fuck this, finding a rubberband, I no longer give a shit. You fucking win Bungie.

Or join a pre-made group on gaf/discord? There are plenty happening.

Trade you if you ever find a Supercell/trespasser.

I just got both of those in the last week and they were on top of my list. Same with Dunemarchers. Had a real good run with all the newer exotics... now i want to find all the old ones i'm missing that will be fun in PvP like No Land Beyond and Universal Remote.

Simply not true, as much as you love it. You can find dozens of legendary SGs that objectively beat it out these days, regen really is it's only great gift in pvp.

I was thinking the same thing. I havent been able to pull one out of the vault and level it up for IB. I just kept going with the raid shotgun paired with Dunemarchers... snatchin' up all the crests in Sanic mode lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You love something so much that it does everything the opposite of what you want but you still love it. That is love.

Find happiness in everything and you'll have a great time.

LiK

3oC and booster seems really bad in IB. I used it and got blues and one game got nothing. Not gonna waste any more in this mode. Better to use in strikes and regular PVP.

I won plenty before IB came out on Kadey's train. It didn't count towards it either. Guess I'll try some normal Supremacy matches tonight and see if it registers.

You can't, regular Supremacy has been replaced by IB supremacy this week.

Hoping to get that Knight-Errant shader today haha. 2 in my clan got it so far, but still eludes me!

Got it earlier today, looks neat. No IB emblems for me though :(

The Void part of the Thorn bounty is taking forever, especially now that they have nerfed special ammo in the Crucible.

Use a void primary from year one - Atheon's Epilogue, Word of Crota, Messenger, Jewel of Osiris, any of the PoE elemental primaries etc. Use them in non-LL enabled playlists. Mayhem is a good place to do it.

You can use void abilities and they count as well.

I haven't tried the raid yet but whats the best weapon types to carry? With Oryx it was always Black Spindle for War Priest & Golgoroth and Touch for Daughters & Oryx. Whats the combo this time? Or is it just Pulse/AR Sniper Gjallahorn/MG?

Everything is viable at one point or another. The raid is extremely well done in this regard.

I wish I had CB like yours but even without it and Braced it is still very accurate. HH certainly doesn't hurt.

CB is overrated; HH is fantastic and that should shoot like a laser.

Zakalwe

Banned
3oC and booster seems really bad in IB. I used it and got blues and one game got nothing. Not gonna waste any more in this mode. Better to use in strikes and regular PVP.

Again, total rng. My friend was getting 1/3 exotic drops in IB pvp with 3oC yesterday. He scored almost every new armour piece, plus the jade rabbit, trespasser, and a bunch of other y2/3s he hadn't got.

Sometimes you run a specific farm and get one every 4-5 coins, other times it's 8-10.

Just drop them wherever you can and pray, the rng is going to hit you regardless.

3oC is the same invisible chance mechanic no matter where you use it. Some days you'll get several or more, other days you'll be lucky to get 1. It has nothing to do with IB or strikes or regular PVP.

LiK

Oh yea

I have to say that being a Shoulder Charge Titan is so much more fun than Juggernaut. I dunno why, but I do better just rushing in with that charge than with that shield. My performance went down when I tried Juggernaut.

Tjamato88

The Hopscotch Pilgrim roll I got a few days ago has been awesome in Crucible.

SureShot IS, Rangefinder, Smallbore and Third Eye

MrDaravon

Or join a pre-made group on gaf/discord? There are plenty happening.

I have construction people here, I won't be able to chat or anything until hours from now. This is by FAR the most un-solo friendly IB ever, but more importantly and my main problem is that there is no scenario in which a team of 6 randoms should be getting matched against 4+ fireteams consistently. It's hot garbage. As I'm typing this we lost another match against a fireteam, next game it puts me into a match where my team is losing 102 to 50 against a team of 5. I can't even make this shit up. It's absurd.

I'm about to start sucking on purpose... every single match ppl at the botti. Get the best loot. Its frustrating.

We had a full train running the last two nights and something like 75% of the time top 3 got nothing, bottom 3 all got legendaries. RNG something something, but it was pretty consistent lol

Ambitious

No Atheon's Epilogue or Word of Crota?
Pretty sure they can still do just okay in regular pvp (ie not IB or Trials)...

Word Of Crota!

I don't have them anymore, unfortunately. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind running the first two raids again. I'm still missing the NTTE and the Necrochasm.

Get a sidearm. Did it in 6 Control Games.

That's an amazing roll! I want it (and I have two grasps I love). HCR is one of my favourite perks.

Huh. I'm not finding it that bad at all on XBone. Decent team play seems to just happen a lot of the time with the randos I'm paired with— against when running in a fireteam.

Void sidearm and you'll have ammo on every spawn.

Ammo on every spawn? I wasn't aware of that. I don't use sidearms. But as it happens, the only sidearm in my inventory (apart from the Trespasser) is Void. Nice!

It's 125 void kills. Year one was worse if I remember correctly, you would lose progress upon death.

I'm extremely happy with this roll. I was actually talking about best possible rolls in discord last night, and then it dropped from a bounty.

Maybe if I talk about the Tresspasser & DuneMarchers they'll drop pas well :p

Not as good as it once was (nerfed range on it), can still be fun to use in some scenarios.

I remember. Back then, my only Void weapon was a FR, and I had no trouble getting the kills at all. Don't know why I'm struggling so much now.

Foxxsoxx

NF anyone? Just message Fakehound.

Speaking of which am I the only one that thinks it should drop an ornament or silver dust a week? Those things are seriously scarce and it's pretty obvious it's a cash grab.

I can't even fucking go 0.5 K/D and/or get a crest score in the double digits with these teams of all randoms versus full squads. And it's doing it almost every single match. Fuck this, finding a rubberband, I no longer give a shit. You fucking win Bungie.
yeah that doesn't work in Destiny lol

PuMa

NF anyone? Just message Fakehound.

Speaking of which am I the only one that thinks it should drop an ornament or silver dust a week? Those things are seriously scarce and it's pretty obvious it's a cash grab.

It might be a cash grab, but it's purely cosmetic. Just like buying emotes.

jacobs34

Anyone down for a quick Aksys kill this afternoon guys? Got a Phase 2 CP from our run yesterday, and I still need one more boss kill for the OP quest. Let's say 19:00 BST (roughly 4 hours from now), experience with the fight would be cool!

Aksys Phase 2 - 19:00 BST (UK time) - PS4

1. JJShadow77

I'll play. Finish the raid that I had to dip out on yesterday! PSN - MrJCJacobs

Planet Destiny did a good review of it.

https://youtu.be/p0SoeWtNcVg

Cool. I'll check it out.

Uh, the ability to be either low ROF high impact or high ROF low impact LMG archetypes depending on how you use the right trigger... it's super versatile in both PvE and PvP.

I'll try out it again. Probably was too impatient with it.

Oh PSA, for those of you who have a year 2 Dregs Promise please use it as its GREAT for PvP. But don't use perfect balance instead use field scout. Really fun weapon to use, since I don't have a Trespasser.

MrDaravon

yeah that doesn't work in Destiny lol

It does when your matches are ending so quickly you're getting Mercy'd before heavy ammo even spawns! I'm only doing it on matches where we are getting curbstomped against a fullteam and I have to step away or something though.

On the plus side I'm getting an exotic like every 3 matches with 3oC. Also the IB scout is fucking amazing, I love it.

Tjamato88

Really? I have one and it seemed kind of average to me. What makes it so good?

I just think it's fun as hell to use. I was wrecking guys in IB with it.

Also holy shit there's a crazy Forbes contributor article about Destiny and it's got people going apeshit on r/DTG.

I'll link to it if people want to see it but it's really not worth your time.

I just think it's fun as hell to use. I was wrecking guys in IB with it.

Also holy shit there's a crazy Forbes contributor article about Destiny and it's got people going apeshit on r/DTG.

I'll link to it if people want to see it but it's really not worth your time.
You lost me at Forbes contributor lol.

I seriously can't imagine just how fucking good Destiny PvP would be at 60fps with solid netcode/no lag. I mean i cant think of a modern online multiplayer shooter that is as janky as Destiny Crucible lol. I'm enjoying the shit out of it but can you just imagine it if was as solid as most of the recent CoD games (i know sacrilege to bring up but true comparatively!)

I seriously can't imagine just how fucking good Destiny PvP would be at 60fps with solid netcode/no lag. I mean i cant think of a modern online multiplayer shooter that is as janky as Destiny Crucible lol. I'm enjoying the shit out of it but can you just imagine it if was as solid as most of the recent CoD games (i know sacrilege to bring up but true comparatively!)
I am hoping and praying for dedicated servers and 60fps for Destiny 2.

I'm probably far too optimistic haha

Top Bottom