• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Yep. They are permanently attached to the gun you apply them to. You can switch or deactivate, but if you shard or infuse the gun into something else, you'll lose the ornaments.

They should really have them apply to the exotic blueprint kiosk. I'm worried I'll forget which one of the 5 midas I got in the last couple weeks has my arctic skin

jacobs34

Saladin's Vigil with Small Bore, Accelerated Coils and Rangefinder may be my favorite gun in the game right now. It just absolutely destroys in PVP.

X-Frame

Oh yea

I have to say that being a Shoulder Charge Titan is so much more fun than Juggernaut. I dunno why, but I do better just rushing in with that charge than with that shield. My performance went down when I tried Juggernaut.

Juggernaut is boring IMO. I only really switch to it when every route I take is being hard-scoped as it allows me to close the gap much more safely.

Otherwise Peregrine Greaves and Shoulder Charge all day.

LiK

since i've been using Zhalo, haven't bother with using Truth or Gally. Kinda wanted to show off my gaudy golden Truth lol

Saladin's Vigil with Small Bore, Accelerated Coils and Rangefinder may be my favorite gun in the game right now. It just absolutely destroys in PVP.
I haven't looked at what killed me 100% of the time, but as far as fusion rifles go I've noticed I've been melted the most by (in order top to bottom):

Saladin's Vigil
77 Wizard
Plan C
Ether Nova

Zakalwe

Banned
If you can handle FRs well, The raid FR decimates in PvP. It has a super tight stream and a punchy charge rate. It's always super staring to take out shotgun rampages with it.

jacobs34

I haven't looked at what killed me 100% of the time, but as far as fusion rifles go I've noticed I've been melted the most by (in order top to bottom):

Saladin's Vigil
77 Wizard
Plan C
Ether Nova

It's the first time in (feels like) years I've seen shotgunners run away from me, when I've killed them a couple of times with a FR. It's literally a game changer.

platocplx

Dear Xur,

Please bring new exotics tomorrow, the tresspasser or nemesis star would be really nice.

I love my trespasser, only annoying thing it eats ammo like nobodies business.

Also i dont know if its an intended thing or not but it doesnt require a exotic shard to infuse at the moment.

If you can handle FRs well, The raid FR decimates in PvP. It has a super tight stream and a punchy charge rate. It's always super staring to take out shotgun rampages with it.

It's the first time in (feels like) years I've seen shotgunners run away from me, when I've killed them a couple of times with a FR. It's literally a game changer.
Fusion rifles definitely are a legit counter to shotguns. As someone who runs around like a wild man with a shotgun, I can say that FRs take me out more than any other weapon. Some FRs can even punch through a juggernaut shield.

LiK

is it called the Wave or Wale or something? cuz some guys were FRing me to death with that from a distance.

jacobs34

Aw. Wish I would have kept the one I picked up yesterday, but I needed it to infuse my But Not Forgotten for the Raid. If I pick one up today I'll definitely mess around with it.

MrDaravon

So what's up with the IB Auto Rifle? People seem big on it, but I've tried a few of them and it's a hilarious bullet hose but seems to do nothing. What perks do I need or what am I missing?

So what's up with the IB Auto Rifle? People seem big on it, but I've tried a few of them and it's a hilarious bullet hose but seems to do nothing. What perks do I need or what am I missing?

Bullet hoses are the most competitive auto rifle archetype. A good roll would be probably be braced frame+either counterbalance or persistence. Middle perk collumn seems to be useless.

Zakalwe

Banned
Bullet hoses are the most competitive auto rifle archetype. A good roll would be probably be braced frame+either counterbalance or persistence. Middle perk collumn seems to be useless.

BF and Persistence/CB and it chews Guardians. Very easy to aim too, it's a great close-mid range weapon.

vin-buc

if you can get the stability up with either Braced Frame or Counter Balance it's good at more distant ranges. If enemies are close it kinda melts w/out the need for the perks (gotta strafe/move around tho). At least that's my experience.

I've gone back to using the Trials of Osiris pulse rifle (non-adept). I think it's my favorite weapon right now (really wish it was the adept version with ss). I've also stopped playing aggressively in IB for the same reason you stated (no crests, barely positive k/d). I'm sitting back more and it's working.

Shito

Got the IB Scout Rifle, The Distant Star, as a reward for hitting level 5. Love this thing!
Got an okay one yesterday with mainly extended mag perks and stability ones to make up for it, and I can't wait to try it out as I've seen quite a few people liking this scout.
Will be hard to take the place of my HJ though I think... ^^

MrDaravon

if you can get the stability up with either Braced Frame or Counter Balance it's good at more distant ranges. If enemies are close it kinda melts w/out the need for the perks (gotta strafe/move around tho). At least that's my experience.

I've gone back to using the Trials of Osiris pulse rifle (non-adept). I think it's my favorite weapon right now (really wish it was the adept version with ss). I've also stopped playing aggressively in IB for the same reason you stated (no crests, barely positive k/d). I'm sitting back more and it's working.

Man, I dunno if I'm just doing it wrong or what then. I got one with Smallbore, Quickdraw and Counterbalance and I just feel like it does nothing. I'm a fan of AR's as well do not sure what's up.

Raven117

So, I got a great drop on a keystone scout from dead orbit. Firefly, Triple tap, extended mag, and some sort of stability perk (not counter balance).

How does this thing compare to the god roll hung jury from year 2?

I'm just not sure which is best for pve....

LiK

IB AR is weak. I had some good kills with it but I found the low impact to take too long to kill someone in 1v1. Went back to using my Zhalo.

SV81887.jpg

Dang.

Mindlog

Had a second of year 1 nostalgia.
Was messing around on Venus when I rounded a corner and saw a bunch of guardians spawning into the Vault of Glass door. They were just running a strike.

Next raid needs its entrance in a patrol zone.

Then had a second of year 2 nostalgia.
Exotic secondary engram decrypted into yet another Hereafter. The perpetual disappointment.

LiK

;_;

On a brighter note, the IB Sidearm is ridiculous. It's a real shame it looks like a spud gun.

i watched Planet Destiny review that and it seems powerful. I might max out the bubbles on mine and see if i do good with it. Not a fan of sidearms usually but since I no longer use HCs in PVP, might as well test it out.

Top Bottom