• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lee

Really didn't like the dingy scopes on the IB scout, but the NLB scope was fun. Infused it into my grasp after one game. Then the IB HC dropped out of a bounty with bad rolls and I didn't even try it out before dumping it into my grasp or hawksaw or something. This LL chase sucks. Can't wait to just be max again so I can focus on looking good, with the right perks, t12, all that. I really enjoy that aspect of the game. Soon enough, right?

Man, I dunno if I'm just doing it wrong or what then. I got one with Smallbore, Quickdraw and Counterbalance and I just feel like it does nothing. I'm a fan of AR's as well do not sure what's up.

Small bore is not enough stability for the max-ROF ARs.

CB doesn't reduce recoil, it just makes it more vertical.

Zakalwe

Banned
Had a second of year 1 nostalgia.
Was messing around on Venus when I rounded a corner and saw a bunch of guardians spawning into the Vault of Glass door. They were just running a strike.

Next raid needs its entrance in a patrol zone.

It technically is in a patrol Zone, but it doesn't actually share the space
I don't think?

Really didn't like the dingy scopes on the IB scout, but the NLB scope was fun. Infused it into my grasp after one game. Then the IB HC dropped out of a bounty with bad rolls and I didn't even try it out before dumping it into my grasp or hawksaw or something. This LL chase sucks. Can't wait to just be max again so I can focus on looking good, with the right perks, t12, all that. I really enjoy that aspect of the game. Soon enough, right?
That's why I rush to max light ASAP haha. For me, I have the most fun chasing specific stats and working on how my Guardians look. 400 can't get here soon enough.

MechDX

It's better to look good than to play good. Screw looking terrible for the sake of stats

;_;

On a brighter note, the IB Sidearm is ridiculous. It's a real shame it looks like a spud gun.

Yeah I see what the weapon designers were going for with rise of iron but shit... the A-team really must be working on Destiny 2 full time.

tumblr_oc2qxzZ0Ql1u6k7xlo1_1280.jpg

vs this...

or this...

or THIS!

What the hell Bungie. Weapon and armor design has been getting worse and worse :/

GlamFM

Banned
Yeah I see what the weapon designers were going for with rise of iron but shit... the A-team really must be working on Destiny 2 full time.

vs this...

or this...

or THIS!

What the hell Bungie. Weapon and armor design has been getting worse and worse :/

destiny-ausbruch-primus-bla.jpg

But I do agree that all really cool designs are probably going directly to Destiny 2.

Lee

That's why I rush to max light ASAP haha. For me, I have the most fun chasing specific stats and working on how my Guardians look. 400 can't get here soon enough.

That's the way to do it, just don't have the time! Last night and tonight are my only two nights to play until next week and right after I get the girls down to bed, play one game, the servers die... stayed up way too late playing regardless and still didn't quite make it to rank 5 on my first character. I was hoping to do IB yesterday and the raid/PvE tonight but looks like I'm stuck playing IB some more and I'll just miss raiding this week.

If only Destiny was around in college, or before kids...

vin-buc

vs this...

or this...

or THIS!

I think it's themed really. Even the IB armor looks like it came straight off Jon Snow's body from Game of Thrones and i think that's what their trying to mesh (Felwinter Peak lol). All that fur, leather, chainmail.

The Exotic Pulse looks excellent - especially with the upgrade visual effects and completely different from IB.

Also the Trials weapons look great.

I dunno, man...

These are amazing.

Barf! To each his/her own though. The OP is a remix of the Sleeper... they even utilize common pieces c'mon lol. The Trials stuff us some of the most un-godly fugly designs i've seen in a multiplayer shooter ever. The armor is straight up Stargate cheese and the weapons look like something that should be carried by a GI Joe in some 90's Saturday morning cartoon hahahaha!

the IB gun designs are pretty bad. Fur and random sharp things.

Yes. Horrible.

GlamFM

Banned
Barf! To each his/her own though. The OP is a remix of the Sleeper... they even utilize common pieces c'mon lol. The Trials stuff us some of the most un-godly fugly designs i've seen in a multiplayer shooter ever. The armor is straight up Stargate cheese and the weapons look like something that should be carried by a GI Joe in some 90's Saturday morning cartoon hahahaha!

Yes. Horrible.

No no, in general I do agree with you.

I bet every time someone comes up with something amazing Luke Smith just takes it for Destiny two.

Shito

the IB gun designs are pretty bad. Fur and random sharp things.
Yep, really not a fan.
I quite like the IB armors though, and realized yesterday that at least the chest is not totally the same one as the book one, which is neat.

Pejo

Damn I forgot how much I hate the random RNG from crucible drops. IB is my first foray back into PVP since I restarted a few weeks before RoI, and it's total shit. Blue after blue after blue is all I ever get, regardless of score or win/loss.

I have to say though, IB itself has been a pleasure this time, and I love that playing smart is rewarded in Supremecy, over being the best player on the team. It's nice to stand back and slowly take out enemies, wait for them to go for crests then grenade them for an easy 3+ crests at a time. Plus, the crests always create battlezones since they show up on the map and attract players. It sure beats the camping around corners with shotguns that I usually experienced in PVP in Destiny.

No no, in general I do agree with you.

I bet every time someone comes up with something amazing Luke Smith just takes it for Destiny two.

I really really hope so. Visually Destiny is so divisive. You have half of it that has some of the best scifi/spacey art direction ever... then half of it that looks like it was designed by a guy who thinks visual appeal is what happens when he wears velcro sneakers with his cargo shorts and Iron Maiden t-shirts.

then half of it that looks like it was designed by a guy who thinks visual appeal is what happens when he wears velcro sneakers with his cargo shorts and Iron Maiden t-shirts.
:lol

The crucible vendor guns were a mistake, visually. Actually, just about all of the vendor guns for Y3 are pretty horrid to look at. That dead orbit camo... No.

GlamFM

Banned
I really really hope so. Visually Destiny is so divisive. You have half of it that has some of the best scifi/spacey art direction ever... then half of it that looks like it was designed by a guy who thinks visual appeal is what happens when he wears velcro sneakers with his cargo shorts and Iron Maiden t-shirts.

Yeah - I´d love to have a full range of Telesto themed guns and armor.

Destiny 2 - I bet!

:lol

The crucible vendor guns were a mistake, visually. Actually, just about all of the vendor guns for Y3 are pretty horrid to look at. That dead orbit camo... No.

Yes!!! I saw that Dead Orbit camo and went... NOPE. Needless to say that character who is a DO worshiper will never be utilizing that camo shit lol!

Yeah - I´d love to have a full range of Telesto themed guns and armor.

Destiny 2 - I bet!

I LOVE the Telesto! The white, purple and gold highlights... the way it lights ups and the sounds! Some high tech Telesto armor would rock so hard.

Had a second of year 1 nostalgia.
Was messing around on Venus when I rounded a corner and saw a bunch of guardians spawning into the Vault of Glass door. They were just running a strike.

Next raid needs its entrance in a patrol zone.

Then had a second of year 2 nostalgia.
Exotic secondary engram decrypted into yet another Hereafter. The perpetual disappointment.

Current raid can be found in patrol as well

jacobs34

If anyone is around tomorrow morning and wants to carry my sorry butt through some trails so I can have a chance at the better gear, I would really appreciate it. My PSN is MrJCJacobs.

Question.

Yesterday I played the raid with JJ and an amazing crew doing monitors but I had to leave in the second form of the final boss.

If I resume my checkpoint and get the last monitor do I get the exotic quest?

LiK

Question.

Yesterday I played the raid with JJ and an amazing crew doing monitors but I had to leave in the second form of the final boss.

no, you lose monitor progress as soon as you go into orbit.

Insaniac

do the Dusty Iron Engrams have old IB armor pieces or only year 3 ones? I want the same helm for my warlock (pictured below) but with different rolls. I love the aesthetic of this one much more than the Y3 helmet for warlocks.

5mk8huX.png

jacobs34

Question.

Yeah. You have to start over. But if you want to kill the Final Boss I believe we are giving it a go in a couple of hours.

Vic_Viper

Anyone looking to do the Nightfall? ive got alil over 2 hours before I have to leave for work if anyone is down.

LL 357 Warlock
PSN Squadon

Top Bottom