• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh man, I actually really like the look and sound of the IB weapons.

To each his own I suppose.

The MG actually looks quite nice, it helps that it's an absolute beast too.

I just don't like fur on my weapons/armour. Maybe it's because I'm a vegan. :p

bet you also liked Waterworld

;)

BTW: IB Sparrow:

17_Hopper.jpg

Ok that pic... or hell, any Mad Max pics are perfect... i lol'd!

Zakalwe

Banned
This detailed radar is making my memories of Y1 chest running haunt me. Why was this not day one gear?

I mean, I know why... but fu Bungie for real.

JJShadow

Reposting for new page, painless and quick Aksys kill guaranteed!

Aksys Phase 2 - 19:00 BST (UK time) - PS4

1. JJShadow77
2. MrJCJacobs

X-Frame

Thorn is probably my favorite gun design in the game. I am so excited to get the damn Year 3 bounty I hope I get it this week.

SpecX

This IB is fun, but frustrating so far. I've got 2 legendary post game rewards and the rest have been mote of light or strange coins. I'm having better results with the bounty rewards and popping 3oC than getting legendary drops to level up. Just shy of hitting rank 4, but I'll be there by tonight or tomorrow.

do the Dusty Iron Engrams have old IB armor pieces or only year 3 ones? I want the same helm for my warlock (pictured below) but with different rolls. I love the aesthetic of this one much more than the Y3 helmet for warlocks.

Dusty Iron Engrams have both year 1 sets of armor. They don't have year 2 or 3 armor in them. You can also get year 1 armor at the end of IB matches.

No idea how to get year 2 armor anymore btw

LiK

Dusty Iron Engrams have both year 1 sets of armor. They don't have year 2 or 3 armor in them. You can also get year 1 armor at the end of IB matches.

No idea how to get year 2 armor anymore btw

Y2 dropped for me in post-matches. I have gauntlets and mark from it now.

Reposting for new page, painless and quick Aksys kill guaranteed!

1. JJShadow77
2. MrJCJacobs

I'm in the US and am too lazy to look it up, but is this in the next 2 hours or so? If it is, sign me up. PSN is Vincentgrey

Yeah, that was my problem with it, the vertical kick on it was kind of ridiculous. So you really need Braced Frame + Counterbalance then?

FWIW, my current favourites from this archetype:
Arminius-D with Crowd Control, Rangefinder, Braced Frame
Doctrine of Passing with Persistence, Braced Frame, Hidden Hand

Former was used in both PvE and PvP until I got the latter on the weekend, which is now what I use for an AR in PvP. The former is not difficult to keep on target at all, but the latter is easy mode.

Have yet to get an IB one with perks I like so I've infused them both without even trying them (was burned on a suboptimal Soulstealer's Claw that I wanted to love).

LiK

Hey, neat. That's good. Maybe I haven't seen them because the smart loot system knows I already have the full set.

I was surprised to see them. But honestly, the Y2 IB gauntlets look so much better on female Titan. The Y3 shoulders look too big and have that slump look I hate. I'm def sticking with the Y2 ones and they have sweet faster reload for ARs so that works for my Zhalo. ^^

lt519

The machine gun sounds like someone is getting pinned to the wall by a massive nail gun. Love that

Fallout 4's Railway Rifle might be the most satisfying weapon I've ever used in a game. It literally does what you described. With full decapitating heads getting pinned to walls for head shots. Bonus you can collect the ammo to use it again. And it makes a steam engine noise when you reload.

Bah, non-Destiny top of the page post. How's the Iron Banner HC? I've got it with Rifled Barrel, Third Eye/Casket Mag, and Feather Mag/Snapshot. Seems like a poor roll ):

Also what's better for the IB LMG. Hammer Forged or Rifled Barrel, have them on the same tree. Got that sucker with Hidden Hand too, might be my new go to LMG over Nemesis Star.

I was surprised to see them. But honestly, the Y2 IB gauntlets look so much better on female Titan. The Y3 shoulders look too big and have that slump look I hate. I'm def sticking with the Y2 ones and they have sweet faster reload for ARs so that works for my Zhalo. ^^

I like the Y2 titan shoulders but don't like the brown straps as they ignore shaders.

My preference right now are ornamented Y3 shoulders. I love the chainmail underneath and it goes great with my chainmail Devil mark from Variks.

Fallout 4's Railway Rifle might be the most satisfying weapon I've ever used in a game. It literally does what you described. With full decapitating heads getting pinned to walls for head shots. Bonus you can collect the ammo to use it again. And it makes a steam engine noise when you reload.
That's a great gun. Man I loved Fallout 4.

JJShadow

I'm in the US and am too lazy to look it up, but is this in the next 2 hours or so? If it is, sign me up. PSN is Vincentgrey

1 hour and 13 minutes from now to be precise

1. JJShadow77
2. MrJCJacobs
3. Strangelove77

Need three more!

LiK

Are you 100% on this? Like Iron Companion or Iron Camelot stuff? I'm dying for an Iron Companion helm to do my Dark Souls cosplay.

I like the Y2 titan shoulders but don't like the brown straps as they ignore shaders.

My preference right now are ornamented Y3 shoulders. I love the chainmail underneath and it goes great with my chainmail Devil mark from Variks.

That's a great gun. Man I loved Fallout 4.

My mistake, the Gauntlets are from Y1. The Mark is from Y2. But yes, old IB gear still drops from post-matches. You guys can check my Titan for verification. xLiKx

Seep

PS4 I assume? I'm 370 Light and haven't done it before ( have looked at a summary of mechanics so have a decent idea before going in ), that ok with you?

PSN: TiemenMeijer

PS4 yes, sure we had a first timer last raid and it went super smooth.

lt519

Praise for Fallout 4? Am I on Neogaf? Can't be.

It's like any other game that is divisive on GAF. Go into the OT and tons of people are having fun but go into a Gaming side post about news and it gets shit on by a selection of the same people every time (re: Destiny Y1 gaming side posts). I loved it.

people said they liked Waterworld in the last page. you're on GAF.

Wait people don't like Waterworld? What is wrong with you people.

Here is something I have been thinking about. Is there a new exotic quest for factions? I recently switch to FWC from Dead Orbit since. After hitting 52, I have everything from Dead Orbit. Before RoI, I got my factions up to 25 so I could get all the Class items for my Hunter.

Just wondering if there is a reason to stay with one faction anymore.

Top Bottom