• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Shiv47

Anyone want to start a new raid or finish second phase of aksis? I need another boss completion for the pulse quest.

ethomaz

Banned
According to my buddy who has both yes. But perks, Archtype preference and just regular preference may vary that opinion.

I prefer it to my Hopscotch, it's not even close and I had (have) a year 1 Messenger adept that was probably my all time fave pvp gun. Don't have the Trials one so I dunno bout that.
Well it is a Grasp of Malok with a bit lower specs.

Mindlog

I'm a hunter on the last step. Is that good enough?
Sorry I missed you earlier. Went in to kill Aksis. Was trying to help Jayforone, but pretty sure he went to sleep.
Please tell me there is another way to get the Bureau of Aeronautics skin for the Khostov Exotic than from Radiant Boxes. It's my favorite design in the game. Still rocking that emblem.
The entire ornament system is crap. Pretty worried with the potential for Destiny 2 to lean on 'MMO elements' and especially those F2P 'MMO elements.'
Hey guys. I'm looking for some extra to firepower to complete the fears embrace (Phobos) mission. I've been lone wolfing this whole thing, but I've been getting my ass handed to me there. Some help would be appreciated.
I'm on PS4, id: SolarBlack.
90 minutes late and someone else asked earlier, but put up another message when you are on again if you still need help. I'm always ready to play that mission.

Got a Cryptic Dragon from Shaxx so I decided to hang back and test it out and let my clanmates mop up the crests. Not bad, not bad.

xNTQjmB.jpg

TsuWave

just got the trials handcannon. this thing hits like a truck. i'm dropping people with two headshots.

I just got one with rifled barrel some stability perks and rangefinder.... Hooooooly shit this thing straight melts people!!! Grasp, Hopscotch, Hawk... What? Lol

i'm hoping my last two warlock bounties and 5th package give me one. had no luck on my hunter or titan.

Agent

I got a Grasp of Malok with Secret Round, Hand-Laid Stock, and Feeding Frenzy. Not the best roll, but man, it absolutely destroys people. Now I see what the hype was to farm for it.

Also, hard-mode raid is coming out and I haven't even done the regular one because I don't have a group. feelsbadman.jpg

I got a Grasp of Malok with Secret Round, Hand-Laid Stock, and Feeding Frenzy. Not the best roll, but man, it absolutely destroys people. Now I see what the hype was to farm for it.

Also, hard-mode raid is coming out and I haven't even done the regular one because I don't have a group. feelsbadman.jpg

I cleared it twice with groups from destinylfg.net this week in under 45 mins, and once last week as well when everyone was 360-365 (took a LOT longer unfortunately). I'd give it a shot if you don't find one on gaf.

Great thing about all chars at IB rank 5 is you don't care anymore win or loss, just wanna play.

ethomaz

Banned

I'm right now without group because I'm 362... let's make a group.

Strider

Well when hard mode comes out maybe I'll finally be high enough LL for the normal raid. 1-1.5 hrs of destiny a day isn't enough with this new LL system :/ still only at 354 atm

I just wanna do the new raid man :( honesty would've thought I'd have made more progress by now on the leveling front

Zakalwe

Banned
Well when hard mode comes out maybe I'll finally be high enough LL for the normal raid. 1-1.5 hrs of destiny a day isn't enough with this new LL system :/ still only at 354 atm

I just wanna do the new raid man :( honesty would've thought I'd have made more progress by now on the leveling front

Spamming IB for 1-2 hours will net you some decent LL gains. I know it's not ideal if you don't like PvP, but think of the long-term..

Ramirez

Archon Forge spam should net you some gains.

TsuWave

looks like i'm not getting my hands on a clever dragon. game hates me, gave me everything but that weapon. last 3 packages were sidearm, scout and another handcannon.

not gonna lie, i'm extremely salty that'll have to wait another month minimum to get it. they should make it so you get a chance, even if much lower, of getting everything in the iron banner loot table, not just what efrideet's selling, after you reach rank 5 (i think this is how it was in year 1 iirc)

well, adept blind perdition will have to do me for now.

It is good but it is not the best... I think impact and range are too low.

Hopscotch Pilgrim is a better choice.

Which are the lowest light you guys accept???

Lol, hopscotch as it is in its nerfed state is in the worst pulse rifle archetype. The TTK for it and pulse rifles of the same impact class (like nirwen's) is the lowest because its still 3 bursts to kill when hawksaw and grasp fire faster and take the same amount of bursts. Hopscotch was murdered.

Strider

Spamming IB for 1-2 hours will net you some decent LL gains. I know it's not ideal if you don't like PvP, but think of the long-term..

Once bounties were done 13 games of IB the other day got me 0 LL gains...

RNG n all that but yea it wasn't worth the time for me at all especially since I wasn't enjoying it playing solo.

Archon Forge spam should net you some gains.

Yea I'm sure this and the SIVA strikes are the way to go for me. I did AF about an hour earlier today and got bumps for a couple different slots which took my up a LL.

I wish the loot drops from AF weren't so likely to be class items tho. I swear 75% of the drops are cloaks lol

Silvard

You can have both you know......

Also, I'm pretty sure CB overall gives more stability, but I could be blanking on that.

Nah, CB improves recoil direction. That is to say, it makes it completely vertical. It actually increases the actual kick of the gun though.

Zakalwe

Banned
Once bounties were done 13 games of IB the other day got me 0 LL gains...

RNG n all that but yea it wasn't worth the time for me at all especially since I wasn't enjoying it playing solo.

You have to make sure you're wearing your max LL when the drops happen.

If you are I don't know what to say, for me and mine it dishes out consistent and incredibly frequent LL gains.

Ryck

Well it is a Grasp of Malok with a bit lower specs.
Thought the same thing until I actually got one. Maybe its the sights or some other intangible thing but it destroys my Grasp as well. ( with CB, SB, and Third eye)

Lol, hopscotch as it is in its nerfed state is in the worst pulse rifle archetype. The TTK for it and pulse rifles of the same impact class (like nirwen's) is the lowest because its still 3 bursts to kill when hawksaw and grasp fire faster and take the same amount of bursts. Hopscotch was murdered.
Yep THIS.

Hopscotch is a sad shell of its former self.

Toki767

Titan and Warlock are now both 381.

Now running Hunter through the first 2 story mission so that I have access to Iron Banner to do the bounties. Hunter started off the first mission at 379 though lol

Raven117

You need to be hitting up septicks perfected. over and over. If you were playing 1 1.5 hours a day, you weren't utilizing your time to chase the light level as well as you could have (i.e... Do stuff over and over and the expense of "fun")

anyone else think it's super cool how you can backtrack through parts of the campaign mission in the iron temple in third person? i wish the social spaces had more of that in the game.

Top Bottom