• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Hunters are dead to me dead I say!
It's sad to admit that this is kind of true ): Nightstalker is the only class that feels right anymore. Bladedancer feels too slow without blink and you all know about Gunslinger.

But no, Hunters had such a high KD while Defender is so low, it's near laughable. Charts!!!

Mindlog

Finally got a Pulse Rifle from IB.
386 Clever Dragon with Perfect Balance, Lightweight and Counterbalance

Any Good?

Don't know where I put my radiant dance machines. Going to need some boot engrams or drops or I forget how buying from the Kiosk works.

Ryck

Finally got a Pulse Rifle from IB.
386 Clever Dragon with Perfect Balance, Lightweight and Counterbalance

Any Good?

Don't know where I put my radiant dance machines. Going to need some boot engrams or drops or I forget how buying from the Kiosk works.
Terrible roll.

Lol, hopscotch as it is in its nerfed state is in the worst pulse rifle archetype. The TTK for it and pulse rifles of the same impact class (like nirwen's) is the lowest because its still 3 bursts to kill when hawksaw and grasp fire faster and take the same amount of bursts. Hopscotch was murdered.

Yea, I still like using it, but solo. In a group of friends? Grasp.

Just got put in a game 4v. 6... We won 126-44. And after the match, one of our teammates was 335! LOL

Had some stompings for sure the last day or so. And a few sweaty wins.

These new maps are build just for supremacy.

Pretty much. I've had fun with them, but KC is my favorite FPS gametype anyway.

So, Warlock is 376, and I still haven't beaten the raid yet. Maybe this week. Everything is easy until the last boss, last phase.

But the LL drip-feed turned me off to the point of playing much less or simply not being excited to play. Fairly sure I'm taking a break soon to play something else.

Foxxsoxx

PSN ID of the day is someone going by BillCosbyMcRapey.

I saw a a guy playing Reaper in Overwatch named SchoolMcShooty.

Any IB trains going? Trying to get a god roll auto rifle and that shader, I need it :[

Also does anyone feel like Vortex and and Solar grenades could do with damage buffs? They're so easy to get out of that most of the time and the AOE effect barely does any damage that I never see anyone ever use them. I guess it'd be kind of broken for Nightstalkers wombo combo if they did that though.

All my blue engrams keep decrypting at exactly 340 light; at least 25 in a row. Is there something I need to do to uncap this? I'm at 342 LL.

Triz

All my blue engrams keep decrypting at exactly 340 light; at least 25 in a row. Is there something I need to do to uncap this? I'm at 342 LL.

Working as intended. They cap at 340. Need legendary or exotic to get higher. Run Strikes for gear upgrades.

ethomaz

Banned
Lol, hopscotch as it is in its nerfed state is in the worst pulse rifle archetype. The TTK for it and pulse rifles of the same impact class (like nirwen's) is the lowest because its still 3 bursts to kill when hawksaw and grasp fire faster and take the same amount of bursts. Hopscotch was murdered.
Really?

I was trying both few hours ago in the same enemy with both at 361.

Hopscotch: 1285 per hit
Dragon: 980 per hit

The difference between firing speed compensates the lower damage???

PS. I get what you are saying the difference between damage is not enough to kill in 2 bursts... so if you need 3 it is better to use the faster... I will try to make some tests in PVP... in PVE it really kills faster.

Foxxsoxx

Really?

I was trying both few hours ago in the same enemy with both at 361.

Hopscotch: 1285 per hit
Dragon: 980 per hit

The difference between firing speed compensates the lower damage???

PS. I get what you are saying the difference between damage is not enough to kill in 2 bursts... so if you need 3 it is better to use the faster.

The high impact pulses are pretty trash compared to the Hawksaw tier after the nerf. The damage is higher but the RoF is generally much lower which really affects the TTK, especially if you miss a burst.

ethomaz

Banned
The high impact pulses are pretty trash compared to the Hawksaw tier after the nerf. The damage is higher but the RoF is generally much lower which really affects the TTK, especially if you miss a burst.
Hopscotch is not a high impact pulse and it RoF is close to Dragon (68 vs 77).

A high impact pulse has ~30 impact... Hopscotch has 14 (Dragon 4).

I get what you guys are saying of course but the specs are close to Dragon than a high impact pulse.

It's sad to admit that this is kind of true ): Nightstalker is the only class that feels right anymore. Bladedancer feels too slow without blink and you all know about Gunslinger.

But no, Hunters had such a high KD while Defender is so low, it's near laughable. Charts!!!

You've got this mixed up...

Gunslinger had its knife and trip mine nerfed. The knife nerf is a big blow to its neutral game but only to the 0.1% of the people who were using it properly, like me. The Trip Mine nerf damage nerf is also bad, and the magnetic nerf is pointless, but the latter isn't as big of a hit as the first one is. Furthermore, Trip Mines haven't been the competitive grenade since Incendiaries were buffed in my opinion.

Bladedancer's super nerfs were really stupid and unnecessary, but the neutral game nerfs to recovery were overdue I think. Now the skip grenade tracking just needs to follow suit.

I think Nightstalker only had its smoke and shade step nerfed? Both good changes for PvP, but they suck in PvE when you're trying to dodge adds and your Guardian is sitting there humping the ground.

Overall I'd say the majority of the Hunter nerfs were not needed and based on arbitrary, flawed logic.

They're not dead. They're just weaker and that gives way for bullshit like Juggernaut shield to take its place.

Foxxsoxx

Hopscotch is not a high impact pulse and it RoF is close to Dragon (68 vs 77).

A high impact pulse has ~30 impact... Hopscotch has 14 (Dragon 4).

I get what you guys are saying of course but the specs are close to Dragon than a high impact pulse.

What I mean is anything above Hawksaw tier's impact generally just doesn't work well in PVP with how many burst it takes to take someone out. The only way to make them work well is a roll with reactive reload which can change the burst to a 2 burst kill.

MrDaravon

Spent almost all day on Iron Banner, mostly paying very little attention while listening/watching other stuff and got from 372 to 379 on my main character with my helmet being the only thing holding me back from 380 easily (everything else is 379-381). Not bad, still hoping to get the IB Scout with better rolls (I got one with good but not amazing rolls I'm using in PvE) or the IB Pulse, I got one but it rolled total garbage. Got the HMG from my Rank 5 package with pretty good rolls and I fucking love that thing, may be what finally gets me to switch off the King's Fall HMG.

I work the next 5 days but weird and not full shifts, so should have enough time to get my Hunter to 380+ with duplicates in all slots that I can use on my alts to immediately infuse them up to 378ish or higher, and then I'll run them through to IB Rank 5 and hopefully will get more drops along the way to feed back into my Hunter etc. I really enjoy Supremacy as a gamemode even though I hate how OP shotguns still are, and the loot drops frequently enough (along with Crucible faction packages with boosters on, I think I rolled 4 or 5 of them today) that it's made this IB much more enjoyable. I'm not sure if this will last necessarily given that everyone is currently using this IB to massively up their LL's as most folks weren't 380+ yet, but good on Bungie for this run at least.

Maybe I'll finally get to actually complete the damn raid now! :D

Final game of the evening. Super freaking close- went back and forth all match. Was going to play a few more but when it ended, I thought, naw, I'm good, I should wind down now. Supremacy can get super stressful at times lol.

8DHU5dn.jpg

Dalek

It's so fucking aggravating being level 359 and just being paired up with higher light level guys who are bullet sponges and consistently losing matches.

soultron

Banned
Had a crash playing IB, just as the raid shotty's battle runner should have procd. Is this a known or common issue? On PS4.

Foxxsoxx

Been playing IB for the past few days and have been stuck at my current light level the entire time, 349. Are better things supposed to drop?

Well wear everything you have to the highest light you can be, but besides bounties you're only going to be getting the drops that Efrideet is selling so if that stuff is alright high light then you aren't going to be getting much higher.

soultron

Banned
It's so fucking aggravating being level 359 and just being paired up with higher light level guys who are bullet sponges and consistently losing matches.
I'm above 380 and every match I join puts me on a team where we are losing 2:1 or 3:1. I've managed 1 comeback so far but it's incredibly frustrating to always get the shitty JIP/MM roll constantly.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Best way to describe supremacy IB is basically the top players having a 6 on 6 sweaty. Shotguns and running all over the place.

Getting a mark of the unbroken is next to impossible.

Dalek

I'm above 380 and every match I join puts me on a team where we are losing 2:1 or 3:1. I've managed 1 comeback so far but it's incredibly frustrating to always get the shitty JIP/MM roll constantly.

It would be nice to get some gear to increase my light level but I keep getting strange coins and blues.

Well wear everything you have to the highest light you can be, but besides bounties you're only going to be getting the drops that Efrideet is selling so if that stuff is alright high light then you aren't going to be getting much higher.

Ok, one more win and then I can finally get to level five and not touch PVP for a long while. I'm close to breaking my controller, and this is the only multiplayer game I own that feels this frustrating.

Starting to think about ditching this game for Battlefield when it comes out.

Toki767

Using Outbreak Prime against all these sub 350 people playing Iron Banner almost feels like it's cheating.

Getting constant double and triple kills due to the nanites.

oSoLucky

PSA to anyone that wants to clear the raid for the first time. If you can't be vocal, then you can't kill Aksis. Plain and simple. If you're shy then you need to break out of your shell if you want to finish the fight.

LifEndz

Finally. All three chars are rank five Iron Banner and I went from 362 to mid 370s light thanks to drops and rewards. Best part: no more Supremacy. Outside of a daily crucible I want nothing to do with that mode ever again. It's worse than Iron Banner Rift. At least there the matches would end fast when matched with randoms against a fireteam of 5 or 6.

Finally. All three chars are rank five Iron Banner and I went from 362 to mid 370s light thanks to drops and rewards. Best part: no more Supremacy. Outside of a daily crucible I want nothing to do with that mode ever again. It's worse than Iron Banner Rift. At least there the matches would end fast when matched with randoms against a fireteam of 5 or 6.

It's to the point where if my team is down by more than 30 in the first two minutes, I'm not wasting my time and quitting. I usually don't, but I'm completely fed up with this mode. I hope this mode gets buried as a once a week novelty mode.

Top Bottom