• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

These guns are not the same archetype at all.

Grasp and Dragon are the same archetype, same as the new FWC pulse; they have a faster ideal TTK than: Aegis, B-29 and the new Trials pulse, which are the same as Hawksaw.

That's one hell of a spreadsheet. I'd never seen that before - thanks! The differences between them are pretty slight, but in the right hands that can be an advantage. It also makes me wish that Nirwen's type guns were in a better place. I used to do really well with those at one point.

elguero

Having a hard time picturing how trials rounds on floating gardens will play out. Any tips from folks that have played elimination on the map?

Vic_Viper

So close to getting rank 5 in Iron Banner. What is the reward for getting it? I got this Badass Sniper in IB called the Last Meteor (I think). It has this perk called Dynamite that is like explosive rounds but with big explosions. Only gripe is that it only holds 3 rounds in a clip! I hate that!

Creeping up to 360 LL though which is nice. Go up 1 level a day it seems lol, just got too 358.

LiK

So close to getting rank 5 in Iron Banner. What is the reward for getting it? I got this Badass Sniper in IB called the Last Meteor (I think). It has this perk called Dynamite that is like explosive rounds but with big explosions. Only gripe is that it only holds 3 rounds in a clip! I hate that!

Creeping up to 360 LL though which is nice. Go up 1 level a day it seems lol, just got too 358.

Rank 5 is just another random IB drop. Nothing special.

Cool I'll try Smallbore for a few games then!

I had decided on Braced because of the recent CoolGuy video that showed the Grasp archetype barely suffering any Range damage dropoff when reducing Range.

Here is the video FYI: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EPfJAUzQo3Y

Small bore is great. Range is a complex thing in Destiny that's for sure!

Has armor piercing instead of HC rounds if needed.

Hmm, if those are your only options on the tree idk which id run lol.

Finally 365 light. Need to make time to do the nightfall and maybe the start of the raid now. IB bounties have been a god send for the extra loot I need. Also, got a clever dragon IB pulse rifle drop just now. Has counterbalance, perfect balance and snapshot. It's a dead machine. So glad I got it to drop, pulses are my favorite weapon type, and wanted something similar to Grasp O Malok, this is excellent.

Gonna give the Clever Dragon a run tonight in PVP. I have a Cryptic Dragon with a god roll (IMO) that I want to try in PVE.

It has Triple Tap, Armor Piercing Rounds/Braced Frame/Rifled Barrel, Firefly

I have one with Perfect Balance, Armor Piercing Rounds, and Rangefinder...it murders. Honestly, the one you have there might be one of the best primaries for PvE the game has seen.

This thing makes the Outbreak Prime look like a toy gun.

Vic_Viper

I got a 366 Ghost from post-match. You can keep playing for drops even after getting Rank 5. They keep coming.

Yea I will. Just never been a fan of pvp. This is by far the most I've played in awhile. Just doing it because it's the best option for leveling quickly.

Is there anything to find (siva clusters or dead ghosts) in the new sections of the Iron Temple that opened up with IB?

Options I need:

-Completely upgrade this weapon / armor using motes (it can even show how many motes is needed to fully upgraded that it'll use)
-Purchase 1 to many mats from Xur and other vendors.

demonkaze

Is Destiny down at the moment? Me, my brother and a friend, in 3 separate houses can't connect at the moment. It's saying "Unable to connect to PSN. Please check your network connection and PSN status".

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Who the fuck thought, hey let's give loot -1 their current LL

Did the whole Raid as 385.95 Warlock
Everything was 384, GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT!

TV Boss - Fusion Rifle 384
Siege Engine - Rocket Launcher 384, opened Chest 384 Gloves (bad roll)
Aksis 1st phase - 384 Artifact
Aksis 2nd phase - 384 Helmet (infused my 387), opened chest 384 Scout Rifle

What kind of SMART FUCKING LOOT is this!

I'm like 1 fucking pixel away from 386, literally 1 pixel...

No 385 hell 386, 387 so I can keep gaining so frustrating

So you gotta do the 383-384 trick of lowering your light to get higher light
Such an asinine thing this LL is

LiK

So you gotta do the 383-384 trick of lowering hour light to get higher light

Sounds like King's Fall loot all over again.

Just wait until you're 386/387 and still getting 384 stuff. It's dumb.

WipedOut

Because the CAP is 385!!! We are not supposed to be able to go over the cap. Also you must have short timers. KF sure did pay out a bunch of 334's when I was 335.

Deku Tree

Yeah WotM loot can drop at 384-385 once you are 384+.

You are already over leveled.

The best way to level up once you are 384 seems to be faction rank ups and IB. I get 386-387 sometimes from those. Not even worrying about it anyway since I am 386 x3 and overleveled. I also wasn't worrying about it when I was 380+ though.

Finally 365 light. Need to make time to do the nightfall and maybe the start of the raid now. IB bounties have been a god send for the extra loot I need. Also, got a clever dragon IB pulse rifle drop just now. Has counterbalance, perfect balance and snapshot. It's a dead machine. So glad I got it to drop, pulses are my favorite weapon type, and wanted something similar to Grasp O Malok, this is excellent.

Yeah, man try to get in a raid group. 365 is enough to clear the whole thing provided you get a good group. Had a team that was able to carry a 351 through first phase of the final boss.

edit: but with IB going on right now I would keep grinding it to push up higher.

Sepiks 320 Strike. Farm that boss. Right now, you should play IB for the chance at higher LL drops.

I got to level 5 and it's still dropping 349-351 RNG loot. Mostly like 6 auto rifles. Even though I liked the vendor roll with hidden hand than the ones I kept getting.

Because the CAP is 385!!! We are not supposed to be able to go over the cap. Also you must have short timers. KF sure did pay out a bunch of 334's when I was 335.

I hope they keep this system for future iterations and expansions of Destiny.

I like that you have a soft-cap of sorts allowing you to go a bit over the supposed cap.

The best thing about the current system is that the gear/weapons are not capped at 385 thus allowing you to not get stuck with say everything but a Ghost at 385 LL. You can make up for it in other slots and reach 385 LL.

I have been wanting to get another tattoo lately and have considered a Destiny tattoo. Is this a dumb idea? If not anyone have any cool ideas or any artists here?
I didn't want to post in the tattoo thread because no one posts there.

Do the base stats on the Iron Lord artifacts change week to week or are they static? Like can Gheleon have Int/Dis or is it always Int/Str?

Top Bottom