• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Does anyone need to beat 3 raid bosses for the Outbreak Prime quest? I still need to do that.
Apparently we can just kill the first boss 3 times. And you can use 3oc on that boss, so there's that too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So is anyone else starting to save Legendary and Exotic engrams again for when HM launches? Being able to instantly decrypt up to 400 (or maybe 385 for Legendaries now) would be worth it to hoard for 2 weeks.

I'm confused by this - will legendary engrams start to decrypt higher than the current 365 once HM launches? Is that confirmed? I didn't know about that...

also, is there a Hunter&Warlock online who can help me plug in the numbers for the exotic pulse rifle quest? I'm at the first engine (After the "Battery" part)

Foxxsoxx

In about half of the Iron banner matches I've played this weekend (and I've played a lot of matches) there was at least one person AFK for at least half of the match. There definitely needs to be some kind of threshold for getting loot at the end of matches.

You need to get kicked from a match if you don't play for a minute or so. Something similar needs to happen with strikes but maybe with a slightly longer timer.

Ambitious

The Triple Double perk of the Raid Scout Rifle sounds neat, but I think I'm gonna stick with my Hung Jury instead. Though I wonder, how many shots would I effectively get out of the former if I select the Extended Mag perk, assuming each shot is a precision shot?

Frostburn

Any IB groups have room? Need to get to Rank 5!

Also looking to do the OP quest line on my Hunter from the start (Need a Titan and Warlock)

LifEndz

curious as to whether I'll get the outbreak prime quest if I join a group that's done all monitors up to aksis pt2 and I help them defeat the final boss. Anyone know?

Foxxsoxx

The Triple Double perk of the Raid Scout Rifle sounds neat, but I think I'm gonna stick with my Hung Jury instead. Though I wonder, how many shots would I effectively get out of the former if I select the Extended Mag perk, assuming each shot is a precision shot?

Hung Jury for mobs, raid scout for bosses. I know if you land headshots you get over 40 shots before a reload with the raid scout.

JayHayabusa

Let's raid. Quick and easy. Full monitors

1. jayforone (Titan 385)

Who's experienced and wants to knock it out quickly?

First match gives me the IB auto rifle.

First bounty gives me the pulse rifle.

Yeah IB is pretty good for loot lol.

Went up 3 LL in about 2 hours too.

Atkison04

Anyone need a Hunter to do some of the channeling the corruption quest? Looking to do the nightfall portion of the quest. the7thAssassin on ps4.

Smiley90

Any IB trains going? I've got alts to level

Alternatively, anyone doing chill trials for bounties?

Frostburn

I loath PVP in this game without a full group. The frame rate, the connections quality and rate of the server, the match making system. All sooo horrible! Too bad too because the gunplay is good and Iron Banner has some good drops and part of filling out this book. Sorry have to rant after so many losses in a row with one sided teams.

Agent

First Iron Banner game I think I've seen where nothing dropped.

CuRLUAMWEAAMlB6.jpg

lt519

We're going to need a 6th in a few minutes for Aksis both phases with all monitors active. send me a psn, rarbusto

Smiley90

My last 3 exotic engrams were all specials. I dont want all specials game, it's really okay to give other ones.

Clunker

I'm on Xbox and interested in setting up a raid Wednesday morning, around 11am EDT: Let's celebrate Yom Kippur by kicking Aksis in the hamentashen!

I'm 367LL now thanks to IB and have experience up to the final phase of Aksis; I haven't done Phase 2 yet but have researched and know the general idea, so I'm looking for folks who are relaxed and don't mind while I learn Phase 2 (or want to learn themselves).

WotM this Wed, 10/11 at 11am Eastern:

1. Clunker (GT: Holden Cawffle)
2. wbarreda

I can use the100 and Reddit fireteams to fill, but like playing with Gaffers ideally!

wbarreda

I'm on Xbox and interested in setting up a raid Wednesday morning, around 11am EDT: Let's celebrate Yom Kippur by kicking Aksis in the hamentashen!

I'm 367LL now thanks to IB and have experience up to the final phase of Aksis; I haven't done Phase 2 yet but have researched and know the general idea, so I'm looking for folks who are relaxed and don't mind while I learn Phase 2 (or want to learn themselves).

WotM this Wed, 10/11 at 11am Eastern:

1. Clunker (GT: Holden Cawffle)

I can use the100 and Reddit fireteams to fill, but like playing with Gaffers ideally!

I am game. GT is wbarreda

Also, it is so frustrating running into the same team in IB

Hoodbury

I don't understand how it's possible for someone to have 0 points in Supremacy after 5 minutes.

I could probably pull that off. Sometimes it feels like my guns are shooting peas. Especially when I'm in GAF groups. I seem to do better when I play solo but still pretty bad most of the time.

My problem is I can't figure out how to use Shotty's. Everyone just runs around with them as their primary and can one shot everyone like it's nothing. I try using one and it doesn't even take off the opponents shield most of the time.

I try using one and it doesn't even take off the opponents shield most of the time.

Not all shotguns are created equal. The range-based damage drop off is severe, so you want max range and probably a gun from one of the two highest impact families.

Re: pea shooter when in a fireteam: fireteam's skill is averaged, someone has to be below average. Skill-based matchmaking works very well until the player pool gets too small.

Top Bottom