• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

shermas

Just had a first...

I've done something like 70 raid completions (including VoG, CE and KF), always using LFG. Always. I don't have a crew and I always find xbone groups there.

Tonight, the group was good... First try TV room, chests, someone wanted to do the monitors, so we got the first one. And the second. We died a couple times at the engine (bad job carrying the parts... One part fell under the zamboni one time - never seen that before), but it was pretty easy. Got the 3rd and 4th monitors (took two tries on the 4th). Easy peasy.

We first tried phase 1 and 2 (only needed three damage phases I think)... Awesome.

Right as the boss goes down, I get kicked to orbit. Because the host didn't like that I grabbed a scorch cannon for the last round of DPS. Mind you, the cannon was sitting all by itself on the left side of the room. I was empowered left, so I grabbed it. Unbeknownst to me, he had used the cannon in the first two rounds. And we still killed him. He just kicked me to be an ass.

So frustrated. Everyone else in the party was stunned... The host said "if you didn't know, now you know. Don't take my cannon."

Three other randoms in the group sent me friend requests after the raid, which is a better representation of the Destiny community than was the host.... BUT STILL.

Dalek

Clever Dragon
Hammer Forged/injection mold
Armor piercing rounds/high caliber rounds
Hidden hand/secret round

Good roll?

Silvard

xMvNWyJ.jpg

[Not pictured: the ones I've used as infusion fodder for many other weapons, the ones on the characters]

Please Destiny, what more would you ask of me? God only knows how many matches and no sparrow, perilous quest or BF/CB Unbent Tree.

200 Marks and no idea what to buy. Any can't miss vendor weapons?

Did you already get The Palindrome?

Foxxsoxx

I have gotten 6 Gen Chains in a row from the raid. I have yet to get anything else. I am cursed.

However I did get the cloak of shadowjacks and shadowsmiths (the best fucking cloaks in the game) today from Forge so I'll let it slide.

I have gotten 6 Gen Chains in a row from the raid. I have yet to get anything else. I am cursed.

However I did get the cloak of shadowjacks and shadowsmiths (the best fucking cloaks in the game) today from Forge so I'll let it slide.

I had a similar problem although I broke that streak on my last raid by getting a helmet. Really wouldn't mind the scout

Rank 5 on all characters and I've had full iron saga gear sets, all new weapons except the fusion rifle and I've got 2 awesome rolls on my clever dragon.

I got a few clan mates their first raid clear and made a start on my outbreak prime quest.

The only down point of destiny is trials. Getting to the lighthouse regularly without a pvp God is very difficult. My group can make it to 5 / 6 wins easily. But after that MM takes over and teams we should beat on paper are untouchable. It's so frustrating to get a loss against a bunch of average players because of latency. You are shooting them in the face on your screen and they take no damage, then you get 2 shotted by Mida from full health. How such a game mode can exist and not use dedicated servers is ridiculous.

Trakan

Just tested it out for numbers and it does more damage than the grasp. This is without anything unlocked yet.

Did you test it out in Iron Banner? It should be doing the same damage. Maybe light level is affecting it.

Please Destiny, what more would you ask of me? God only knows how many matches and no sparrow, perilous quest or BF/CB Unbent Tree.

I'm not sure of all the possible places they can drop, but I got that shader and the sparrow from bounty turn-ins.

Finally got the IB gold and black emblem. Got pretty much every weapon from all my character's packages too. Was there a fusion? Think that's the only thing I didn't get.

JJShadow

Morning DGaf! Doing some IB in this lovely morning, if anyone wants to join or need help with any other stuff (raid, strikes, Forge, NF...) just throw me an invite

PSN is JJShadow77

Feorax

That feeling when you get more than 40 points yourself in a supremacy game, but the rest of your team are so fucking shit you still lose by nearly 30...

Silvard

Did you test it out in Iron Banner? It should be doing the same damage. Maybe light level is affecting it.

I'm not sure of all the possible places they can drop, but I got that shader and the sparrow from bounty turn-ins.

I did all my bounties with three characters and nothing, but I've seen them drop post game. The sparrow 2 times and the shader once.

Fistwell

That feeling when you get more than 40 points yourself in a supremacy game, but the rest of your team are so fucking shit you still lose by nearly 30...
As an ambassador for the fucking shits everywhere, I offer you my people's sincere sympathy and assure you of our ever grateful consideration.

Sincerely,

Festwill, Fucking Shit Ambassador (FSA)

SgtCobra

LooneyTunesThatsAllFolks.gif
3 characters at level 5 and got only bad weapons with bad rolls to boot. Now I gotta endure a few weeks of Clever Dragons till next IB :(

Back to farming the grasp of malok it is.

Lyonaz

Lol, glitchy Burning Shrine map with almost only the light beam hole in the two circular turning doors is great. They should make that a standard feature of the map.

Just had a first...

I've done something like 70 raid completions (including VoG, CE and KF), always using LFG. Always. I don't have a crew and I always find xbone groups there.

Tonight, the group was good... First try TV room, chests, someone wanted to do the monitors, so we got the first one. And the second. We died a couple times at the engine (bad job carrying the parts... One part fell under the zamboni one time - never seen that before), but it was pretty easy. Got the 3rd and 4th monitors (took two tries on the 4th). Easy peasy.

We first tried phase 1 and 2 (only needed three damage phases I think)... Awesome.

Right as the boss goes down, I get kicked to orbit. Because the host didn't like that I grabbed a scorch cannon for the last round of DPS. Mind you, the cannon was sitting all by itself on the left side of the room. I was empowered left, so I grabbed it. Unbeknownst to me, he had used the cannon in the first two rounds. And we still killed him. He just kicked me to be an ass.

So frustrated. Everyone else in the party was stunned... The host said "if you didn't know, now you know. Don't take my cannon."

Three other randoms in the group sent me friend requests after the raid, which is a better representation of the Destiny community than was the host.... BUT STILL.
Unfortunately, I've heard of this happening to others. Seems like something that is far too common for a community based game (even just once is far too often!)

I do a lot of LFG raiding, as our clan isn't always able to raid together each week, and I've ended up in groups with some of the best players and also some of the most hostile and oppressive players. Calling people stupid for dying, yelling at people for not doing things exactly how they want, etc. Thankfully never been kicked so far, but it sucks to hear it happened. Cares so much about his dps numbers that he just roids out over something that you were completely ok in doing. Ridiculous.

Just had a first...

What a dick! I wished the whole group left and joined you.

I also been apart of some disastrous raid groups that usually leads to people disbanding but for the most part it has been overall good experiences!

Edit: just re-read that the boss was killed....what a dick, if I had an Xbox I definitely would've raided with you.

Looking for a 6th as a replacement for the raid. We're doing it blind and have never done it before so need someone who is going to respect that.

noomi

The bad juju is such a good exotic weapon, one of the best.

Should have 385'd this bad boy right from the start.

Need to burn marks. Have the palindrome and I'm good on snipers too. Looking for a Grasp of Malok style pulse from a vendor if possible or maybe even a party crasher-esq shotgun or somethin. Any recommendations?

robo

6 faction level ups, 6 class items, 2 boots, all same or lower than currently wearing.

Helmet at 365 everything else at 370 on armour, no helmet drop, 6 times,wtf.

Somethings up surely.

Silvard

Need to burn marks. Have the palindrome and I'm good on snipers too. Looking for a Grasp of Malok style pulse from a vendor if possible or maybe even a party crasher-esq shotgun or somethin. Any recommendations?

Dead Orbit has a Matador-esque shotgun. And FWC has a Grasp-esque PR.

JJShadow

I really love IB Supremacy, I think it fits really well with my playstile. Played 15 games this morning and managed to win 12 of them. I usually was the score leader of my team as well, bringing that Raid AR to PvP has increased my K/D substantially

Also the drops were really generous, went from 379 to 383 in roughly 3 hours. Really close to 385 already!

Top Bottom