• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Plaguelands can be such a bitch sometimes with Patrol give out lol
You need only 1 fucking Assassination to finish the Shiro Quest...
2 orbits no Assassination, yet everything else...

GG Bungie

Its like the game knows how to torment you

Also by the way it kind of fucking sucks with RNG and the small loot table that a lot of players haven't even got a full set or gotten pieces to the perks/stats they want, but Hard mode with no clue how drops and the chest will be can really put more stress on getting a full set

Warlock missing Body
Titan missing Helmet, Body, Feet
Hunter Helmet, Feet

Crazy even with the chest with Cache key the RNG is notorious to be giving you double drops
Like I've seen too many time people beat Seige Engine and get say a RL then pop chest another fucking RL, like Smart Loot® just isn't smart

If Hard was planned liked this, why not get all players geared up full with Raid gear

So fucking annoying Boots that are very beneficial for Zamboni are such RNG

Only double dupe ever was getting to 2 Hunter bodies, everything else has been Fusion/RL/Primary

oSoLucky

It certainly feels tacked on, when it's added to quests like these, which usually stay on the PVE side. I can only think of three exotic quests, including this one, that sway to the PVP side. At least I know this beforehand, unlike with the previous handgun quest, that I wasted my time on.

There are PVP-only quests, that offer PVP-only gear, so I really don't see why the PVE players should jump to that side for a quest like this, that involves two strikes and patrol.

That's a good change, but I still don't feel like succumbing to their PVP lures. I also kinda want to vote against it with my activity of abandoning all PVP-related quests, well apart from that sword one, which I never completed due to the tiresome gathering of materials.

It's been a long ass time, but from what I remember it's a throwback to the vanilla Thorn quest. Vanilla Thorn, Vanilla Invective, Vanilla Bad Juju, Raze-Lighter, Dark-Drinker, Bolt-Caster, First Curse all had PvP as part of their quest lines so this certainly a rare occurrence. I don't remember the Pocket Infinity and SGA quests much but I don't think they had PvP.

That said, they missed an opportunity to improve it and went and made the quest terrible. At least you don't lose progress on deaths now. Saving my Void Wolfslayer's Claw is going to pay off.

Well now, after 2x nightfalls, i'm finally raid worthy on my first character! Woo 365 feels to good.

Granted, I have no idea when i'll actually have the time to do one. Don't seem to be too many folks running them during daytime hours.

Why the fuck are we still getting coins as a main reward in NF? That should be in addition to either a legendary or an exotic, which should be guaranteed by now. That shit pisses me off.

PuMa

Plaguelands can be such a bitch sometimes with Patrol give out lol
You need only 1 fucking Assassination to finish the Shiro Quest...
2 orbits no Assassination, yet everything else...

GG Bungie

Its like the game knows how to torment you

Agreed, although recently I've had a lot of luck heading over to the Divide/Rocketyard area when I need that last assassination or quarantine mission. Almost without fail, there is always one or two there.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Agreed, although recently I've had a lot of luck heading over to the Divide/Rocketyard area when I need that last assassination or quarantine mission. Almost without fail, there is always one or two there.

Hate going through that whole in between area
Just being lazy

I just go from starting area till Archon's Forge
Nothing, orbit repeat with sparrow

Its just me being frustrated to get shit over with

Hung Wei Lo

Let's play a word game and fill in the blanks:

"What do I/Whose <profanity> <profanity> <profanity> <nsfw action> to get a damn ghost?

I have everything at the low 380s and I must've gone through a whole slew of vanguard/faction rank ups and even jumped out of my comfort zone for some IB getting zilch, nada, nuffing (heh, even blew through all my consumables last night after the NF with MisterAnderson to get two more.) The last ghost I got was in my first raid a couple of weeks ago that was an awesome 367 one :/

Beware having lots of fragments and Siva keys. There was a thread on reddit where people were having them randomly deleted. The only common thing seemed to be having lots of them.

PuMa

Hate going through that whole in between area
Just being lazy

I just go from starting area till Archon's Forge
Nothing, orbit repeat with sparrow

Its just me being frustrated to get shit over with

Hah, very true. Even still, I find it quicker than running around the other areas or going to orbit.

Hung Wei Lo

Why the fuck are we still getting coins as a main reward in NF? That should be in addition to either a legendary or an exotic, which should be guaranteed by now. That shit pisses me off.

OMG you can get something else outta the NF? that's all I've been getting. The RNG gods hate me

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Beware having lots of fragments and Siva keys. There was a thread on reddit where people were having them randomly deleted. The only common thing seemed to be having lots of them.

lol wtf. what is a lot? I have 5 keys and 30 fragments split b/w three characters.

oSoLucky

Looking to raid in 1 - 2 hours. 386 on all characters, OP on all 3 and have 96/30 bosses in my RoI book. Have run it A LOT. I'll do speedruns or monitors, w/e, just need to clear it(bonus for 3 runs in a row). PSN is KC_Darkness.

Mindlog

Titan found. Still need a warlock for outbreak prime step 9.
I can help. PSN same as GAF.
No mic, but will enter the code as soon as we hit the social space.

*My engine is still solved from the last time I used it. Maybe I don't have to enter another code. Will investigate.
**Neat. If you complete and unstable engine and don't turn it in the engine stays complete. Never have to enter it again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shiv, Akuma, light, atlas, and seafood. You have been invited to win a copy of any game of your choosing on ps4. Pm me for details.

XSX

Very new player looking to do my first raid. I'm free all week. (365 Warlock)

PSN: sjm_675

Also what's the link for the discord?

Ambitious

Does anyone else have connection issues right now? Whenever I tried to join nami's fireteam, I was kicked with a rabbit or weasel error. After restarting my PS4, I wasn't able to sign into Destiny anymore. After loading for about a minute, it would say "Servers not available". At some point it worked and I'm now in orbit, but my light level and grimoire are both zero, the menu is partially empty, and "Contacting Destiny servers" keeps flashing at the bottom of the screen.

Hey guys, new player here. I had a copy of the Legendary Edition which had all the DLC till the Taken King (don't have Rise of Iron yet) and I got to level 12 with a character then for some reason just gave up.

I decided to give this game a shot again and for whatever reason, I'm enjoying it a lot more now than I did then. I have a few questions about how I should be going about things for now.

I have the main story line and the DLC quests going on at the same time. I'm level 19 and on par for the story missions but the expansions quests are REALLY easy since I've become a bit too high level for them. Is it worth following up with all the quests or should I just do the main story and get to Light Level 240 or whatever the requirement is and then do the expansion quests with the higher difficulty?

Also is there some sort of guide that I can go through for this sort of stuff? Sorry if it's somewhere obvious and I didn't see it.

Born2Live

Looking to raid in 1 - 2 hours. 386 on all characters, OP on all 3 and have 96/30 bosses in my RoI book. Have run it A LOT. I'll do speedruns or monitors, w/e, just need to clear it(bonus for 3 runs in a row). PSN is KC_Darkness.

I'll be looking to do a couple of speed runs in an hour and a half so about 8pm UK time.

If we get more interest I can try and get a group together.

Ty

Top Bottom