• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Foxxsoxx

Aksis Phase 2 question for everyone ...

Who uses the buddy system when moving around to kill the Servitors? Or do all the bomb throwers stay put on their sides?

Bomb throwers stay put and whoever has two of that side grabs the cannon and goes to the other side, it makes things really simple.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Aksis Phase 2 question for everyone ...

Who uses the buddy system when moving around to kill the Servitors? Or do all the bomb throwers stay put on their sides?

Any time I raid, I'm Middle Bomb thrower

I make sure whichever Elemental Servitor is coming is the last to be blown up
Hell I let it get to the final part then request the blow up

By then we have every empowered situates, right and left have thrown theirs, if one missed, we have a safe out just for that reason

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Vault space is next to none. Have to dismantle exotics I don't use. Something something we don't have to worry about vault space anymore.

Melchiah

It's been a long ass time, but from what I remember it's a throwback to the vanilla Thorn quest. Vanilla Thorn, Vanilla Invective, Vanilla Bad Juju, Raze-Lighter, Dark-Drinker, Bolt-Caster, First Curse all had PvP as part of their quest lines so this certainly a rare occurrence. I don't remember the Pocket Infinity and SGA quests much but I don't think they had PvP.

That said, they missed an opportunity to improve it and went and made the quest terrible. At least you don't lose progress on deaths now. Saving my Void Wolfslayer's Claw is going to pay off.

Oh, that's news to me. It might be because I didn't play the game between November 2014 and October 2015, and I never managed to finish the first raid due to bug in the last boss fight. Dunno if any of the quests at the time were tied to the raid though.

I liked the Khvostov quest, but the grind of material gathering for the exotic sword quest was incredibly tedious.

On a more positive side, I love how I can rank up Vanguard reputation twice during the day, when the new weekly quests and bounties hit. I also managed to do them all in a couple of hours, as I found random people to play Archon Forge with. I only wish they'd offer more varied weekly bounties, that don't involve the Forge.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Still don't get why heroics have burn but nightfalls don't. Still feels backwards

No no. nightfalls are worse with burns because even foot soldiers could one shot you with a rifle. pretty much every enemy has a burn rifle so certain nightfalls like the saber strike's first encounter were impossible if you didnt have a bubble titan.

Shiv47

RNGesus smiled down upon me the last couple days and my main went from 380 to 385, with a ghost holding me back from 386. Got three exotics from the raid tonight. Got the raid scout, which I hadn't gotten. Can't really complain too much.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
RNGesus smiled down upon me the last couple days and my main went from 380 to 385, with a ghost holding me back from 386. Got three exotics from the raid tonight. Got the raid scout, which I hadn't gotten. Can't really complain too much.

Now you'll be forever 385 for next 2 weeks

Good luck ran out

RIP

By thecway, seriously Bungie no new Expansion bounty refresh for Vanguard
How about bringing old school bounties

Like every 3 days its either Cabal/Taken Majors Guaranteed, hell sometime back to back days
Then there always the stupid 30 solar/arc/weapon kill one
Can we get some to make us revisit fucking missions
Can a brother get the defeat The Gate Lord for its eye or one of those Hydras people mixed up thinking Black Garden or the Tunnel mission one

Number45

Quick couple of questions:

Does anyone have a link to the Aksis phase 1 infographic that was posted (I think) last week?

If I twist fate on exotics (particularly thinking about the faction items here, but relevant for all) can I change the stat roll? If I pick them up from the kiosk can that stat roll change?

Zocano

I do hope 400 is a crawl to get to. I think all but the very very very last piece of content should be somewhat attainable at a steady pace but the last 1% should be the real grind. I want CM to be 410 solid and us to always be "underleveled" for it. Keep the difficulty and make the loot something great to chase.

Rizzi

Jesus Christ the jumping physics in destiny make me want to throw the game out the window. Trying to climb the mountain in the shitty temple is awful. Love sliding off, and bouncing off every piece of geometry. It's great.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Still don't get why heroics have burn but nightfalls don't. Still feels backwards

I've decided I think burn was a mistake. The difficulty of different strikes varies way too much so we're back to the days of people just dropping out until they find the one they want. Loaded up into Bomd Brothers 3 times last night and everyone just quit each time. Can't blame them really.

Melchiah

Jesus Christ the jumping physics in destiny make me want to throw the game out the window. Trying to climb the mountain in the shitty temple is awful. Love sliding off, and bouncing off every piece of geometry. It's great.

I just gave up after it threw me back to the start from the mid-checkpoint, when I failed a jump for the third time.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

If you beat the raid again the week after the completing the raid quest you'll get a token to skip the jumping puzzle (I think that's the conditions). I don't know why everything in this game is so bouncy, it's not very enjoyable or precise.

I just gave up after it threw me back to the start from the mid-checkpoint, when I failed a jump for the third time.

It is indeed terrible, but if I can do it as a warlock, anybody can with persistence.

The worst was when I finally got up there, my hunter clan mates were having fun jumping off the top, dying & respawning up there. The moment I got the siva fragment they pushed me off because LOL, but of course I somehow survived the fall all the way back to the square. No respawn for me.

GhaleonEB

CujNI62XEAA8_W8.jpg

I kinda soloed my way to the Nightfall boss, without a plan to kill it. Don't suppose any kind souls would be willing to jump in and lend a hand?

Melchiah

It is indeed terrible, but if I can do it as a warlock, anybody can with persistence.

The worst was when I finally got up there, my hunter clan mates were having fun jumping off the top, dying & respawning up there. The moment I got the siva fragment they pushed me off because LOL, but of course I somehow survived the fall all the way back to the square. No respawn for me.

Don't all the classes jump the same way in a social space?

Does the SIVA fragment you get there have any value, or is it just for another Grimoire entry?

Hedgey

Thanks for that, Ghaleon!
Sorry I didn't have a mic or anything, I'm listening to a podcast rn.

(HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET TO THE BOSS SOLO AT 350 LOL)

GhaleonEB

Thanks to you both. I didn't get anything to bump my peak light level, but I advanced three pieces of gear so at least I can be 354 with a wider assortment. Dat horizontal progression.

Thanks for that, Ghaleon!
Sorry I didn't have a mic or anything, I'm listening to a podcast rn.

(HOW ON EARTH DID YOU GET TO THE BOSS SOLO AT 350 LOL)

You can do a lot with invisibility, a void sniper, ammo packs, and lots and lots of patience. :lol

Zakalwe

Banned
I deleted all my old raid weapons aside from the VoC (which I use in normalised pvp sometimes) to make room for junk I'll never use...

I have a Void Havok Pigeon with great stats though, but still. Ouch.

Top Bottom