• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

i'm stuck at 379 and i can't get higher because of my ghost which sits at 371.

i opened 35 faction packages (just dumped in everything i saved) and nothing.
played iron banner to lvl 5 on 3 characters and nothing
played Trials on 3 characters and nothing

i give up.

Aksis phase 1 x3

Easiest ghost/artifact farm that people don't utilize

Lima

So? If it works, it works. There are people who use it, and they kill Aksis just fine, so why do you care so much?

Just let people use what they like. I ain't soiling my enjoyment because someone told me "you're not using the best gun".

That's LFG.net level.

I can kill Aksis while using a white Calcutta LR-2. Will I be a valuable asset to my team? Probably not.

I can kill Aksis while using a white Calcutta LR-2. Will I be a valuable asset to my team? Probably not.
As long as you're at the required LL, why does it matter?

You wouldn't even be able to kill anything with that gun because your LL would be too low.

If you ask me, you're being real selfish about this, telling people what to use.

It's like saying you should never use anything other than ToM in Oryx or you'll never kill him, which is unbelievably untrue. Be happy that those people wanted to raid with you, quit whining about their weapon choices.

If you're gonna do that, then go use LFG sites.

Dear Lord.
Aksis
We almost had it. We almost had it. Ok, fine, it means we're doing better.
But then I looked at the damage:

2.7 M
2 M
1.9 M
1.6 M
1.5 M
0.3 M

Jabronium

Oh boy, that feeling when you get the Thorn bounty right after using all your skeleton keys. (I know the gun sucks, but I'd like to get it to check off in the book, at least.)

darthbob

Lol did you even watch the video? It's great against everything except Aksis, but only because he doesn't count as Fallen for whatever reason, so you don't get the bonus damage.

On Vosik, OP outdamaged 6 Gjallarhorn shots and whatever sniper shots he could get in before Critical Siva Density.

If you go by the Lore, Aksis has fully immersed himself in SIVA and is basically a god, having shed his physical flesh and possibly his mind in favor of the machines.

While I doubt that that is the reason for Outbreak Prime's non bonus dmg to Aksis, it helps me sleep better at night.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hey there Destiny GAF. Am sure you guys get this stupid question a lot and had browsed over the OP but did not see anything specific with an answer.

Was wondering is there any particular method for the current ver of the game to start Strikes solo? I had seen some stuff from older info via google bout people saying you set the system clock back seemed to work but had not tested that out yet.

JaY P.

Hello DGaf. I finally made it to 365 and I'm looking to get up to 370 so I can start raiding. Any advice on how to get to 370? Crucible? Faction packages? Farm early parts of the raid? Any advice will be welcomed.

hoggert

Hey there Destiny GAF. Am sure you guys get this stupid question a lot and had browsed over the OP but did not see anything specific with an answer.

Was wondering is there any particular method for the current ver of the game to start Strikes solo? I had seen some stuff from older info via google bout people saying you set the system clock back seemed to work but had not tested that out yet.

System clock trick still works. Edit: to elaborate, set your system time to a different day. I tested it by trying to go to the tower first, checking the roster to make sure it's empty, then hitting strike match making.

Did it recently to get some of the SIVA clusters on strikes as I would rather not annoy people by flying around trying to squeeze into a vent right before a boss.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
System clock trick still works. Edit: to elaborate, set your system time to a different day. I tested it by trying to go to the tower first, checking the roster to make sure it's empty, then hitting strike match making.

Did it recently to get some of the SIVA clusters on strikes as I would rather not annoy people by flying around trying to squeeze into a vent right before a boss.

Awesome thanks for the reply hoggert will have to test that out then!

Yeah need to do the same for SIVA clusters also besides other things.

darthbob

holy shit, so this is how you can get private instances?

Sweet.

Top Bottom