• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Lee

Any recommendations on Xbox headsets? My original that came with the console died on me last night. I've always just used official Xbox stuff.

I use the official stereo one which is 40 (dollar or pounds?). It works fine - i can hear the game and people speaking and control it easily enough. i couldnt justify one of the fancy headsets.

It comes with the stereo adapter, which at the time was a separate purchase if you bought other headsets (and cost 25 units). This is less of an issue now as the new controllers have a headjack built in.

I'll second this recommendation with the caveat that the build quality could use some work. Had these for about a year before people started complaining that they couldn't me hear as well as usual, followed by intermittent issues where folks couldn't hear me at all, and then they gave out and stopped working altogether.

They were great when they worked, so I still recommend them as a cheap option.

Farside and I are doing trials. We need one more. We're doing it for the bounties and the Moment of Triumph, not flawless. PSN: WakizashiM.

I'm a sucker for these cosmetic items and spent $40 worth of silver. I got all new masks including fire wolf, 2 ghosts, green sparrow and both Bad Juju's ornaments.

I can't imagine spending money on something you can't even bring forward LL wise or use in the game in any meaningful worthwhile way. If these masks were usable in-game with stats/perks and came with say a LL of 3 that you could infuse up then sure, but as it is this whole FotL is just as useless/boring for me as it was last year.

At minimum the masks should be treated as ornaments themselves in conjunction with equipped gear.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm... is Trials on this week? I can;t seem to pick up a card from the Reef.

Also, very stupid question-- can you not infuse an exotic into a legendary?

Hmm... is Trials on this week? I can;t seem to pick up a card from the Reef.

Also, very stupid question-- can you not infuse an exotic into a legendary?

You're a bit early. 2h 15m to go (1pm eastern).

I hate it, because weekends and Moday's aren't great for me. BUT some Fridays I have the house to myself from 9am to 2:30pm and of course trials has to start toward the very end of that window.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is it locked? That's the only obvious thing I think of.

Nope. It shows up as available in infusion but doesn't let me.

Anyway, since trials starts at 1, Authentic and I are looking for someone to run a quick NF.

You're a bit early. 2h 15m to go (1pm eastern).

I hate it, because weekends and Moday's aren't great for me. BUT some Fridays I have the house to myself from 9am to 2:30pm and of course trials has to start toward the very end of that window.

Could have sworn I played it at 1130 lat Friday, but must be confused.

thabiz

Is PSN down for anyone else? It's been down for me since yesterday morning, so 24 hours at least. I'm on the east coast in Canada. The fuck? Sony's website is also stating that no maintenance is scheduled for PSN at the moment.

In Canada as well and couldn't get on this morning. Oddly enough it made me update my privacy settings when I clicked on my profile. Try that. I was logged in straight away after that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Vault of Glass Fun Run in a hour hopefully...

A GRAVEROBBERX Presentation, subsidiary of Kadey Mums the Word Corporation

VAULT OF GLASS, FUN RUN!

1. GraveRobberX
2. Neonightmare

Let's see if people join up, if not
No more fun runs ever!

So Vault of Glass Fun Run in a hour hopefully...

A GRAVEROBBERX Presentation, subsidiary of Kadey Mums the Word Corporation

VAULT OF GLASS, FUN RUN!

1. GraveRobberX

Let's see if people join up, if not
No more fun runs ever!
Im up for 1 run on the Vault of Glass.
PSN: Neonightmare

Axoman

Never change Destiny community...

I have my full trials gear with ornaments at 400 now and every match I get teabagged by at least once person. Now I just throw on the cat scarab emblem to really put salt in their wounds..

People just proud they can kill a good player I guess and want to show off.

I often find I get teabagged most often by people at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Is there a Warlock that needs the Outbreak Prime quest? I'm missing the public events objective from that quest. I have some time along with Farside. We would only need a Warlock. It would take maybe 15-20 minutes.

lt519

Wait you can play Destiny on PSVR?

Yeah, they call it Cinema mode. It's just a giant 2D screen that hovers in front of you surrounded by black. You can change between Large, Medium, and Small. Large feels like a private IMAX theater (they equate it to a 226 inch screen). Can be quite dizzying once the action starts, but it's really neat. I wouldn't play that way competitively but PvE stuff is a lot of fun like that. It's so big that you have to actively kind of shift your view to look at different parts of the screen, making it pretty immersive.

Fistwell

Could stand to do a cple of NFs as well, but you guys seem to be full up from what I'm reading. If anybody needs a NF, feel free to on ZonySUX (PS4 btw), I'll start one up in a minute.

Lima

Never change Destiny community...

I have my full trials gear with ornaments at 400 now and every match I get teabagged by at least once person. Now I just throw on the cat scarab emblem to really put salt in their wounds..

This reminds of the last match in Trials last week 5 minutes before reset playing on a flaweless card to get anubis embelm. We destroyed them round 1 and then somehow they won round 2 tying the score. They teabagged so hard after that one round win it really pushed me to go even harder.

After heavy round this one guy sent me a message asking if we could let them win as it is their lighthouse game. I'm like really bro? Maybe if you were nice enough to ask this before the match I would have considered it but that teabag? Completely blew any chance you had.

Farside and I are still searching for one person to help with the Nightfall. We also intend to do Trials for the bounties and record book after, if you are interested. PS4.

Feorax

At light 385, if I've not done WOTM before, will I be ok to go straight into HM or should I really do NM first, even if the drops are worth nothing?

Dalek

Would anyone be up for doing Vault of Glass HM tonight after 5pm PST? I never got the Vex Mythoclast and I'd like to run it. I'd need some experts to help me with it as I only ever did the raid a few times and I'm rusty.

Once you've opened a WotM raid chest (Heroic or otherwise) with a Siva Cache Key for one of the encounters you cannot open that chest again during the same week can you?

I've yet to get a raid class item of any kind for any character.

Edit: I should have said this pertains to the same character as I'm only looking for/care about the class item on my Hunter.

Top Bottom