• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

are developers required to assume there stuff will fit in base storage? Or can they require storage expansion like a microSD card? I remember Bungie was giving away USB drives for people on launch legacy consoles with small HDDs at one point.

I think the comment was more so: how do you play away from the stand if the rest of the game is installed as patches/DLC on external media? It would defeat the purpose of the portability no?

But damn, if you could play destiny on the go...how I would have loved a version on the Vita to play on my commute. Sure, lack of an internet connection would be difficult but you could make everything solo though not sure how you would refresh bounties and such? Maybe forced check in every day?

FyreWulff

One of my favorite corporate meddling ones was that you were not allowed to use a controller with Kinect on the 360. If you wanted to use Kinect on 360, it had to be all 100% Kinect controlled. No hybrid Kinect/controller games, ie you couldn't let people use a controller and then have like Kinect for certain moves or head tracking. It was technically possible. They just outright would refuse licensing though because of arbitrary from-on-down-high decisions.

Baller Beats had to jump through a lot of hurdles to even get approved to allow you to use the basketball with it.

Deku Tree

I think the comment was more so: how do you play away from the stand if the rest of the game is installed as patches/DLC on external media? It would defeat the purpose of the portability no?

But damn, if you could play destiny on the go...how I would have loved a version on the Vita to play on my commute. Sure, lack of an internet connection would be difficult but you could make everything solo though not sure how you would refresh bounties and such? Maybe forced check in every day?

They could require Destiny 2 to be always online even on a switch. I wonder if switch will have a LTE version? Also they could require a microSD expansion card on the switch to play destiny which doesn't require external media. I don't know how the carts will work but potentially the Destiny 2 Switch Cart could have room for its own flash type storage for patches and DLC. Just a guess.

FyreWulff

That's the thing, Nintendo hasn't even hinted if the Switch will have a cell model or if they'll expect you to tether it.

I'm expecting tethering, mostly because it's less of a headache to not have to deal with carriers as models go.

If this new matchmaking is supposed to improve connections it definitely doesn't feel like it.

Its distance not "connection", actual internet connection has absolutely nothing to do with it. It also doesn't help the player base is at its lowest ever level, if a weapons patch doesn't drop tomorrow Crucible will be dead during SRL and beyond

DeviantBoi

Could you guys help me with these Distant Stars:

kSe84rH.png

The first one is the IB vendor roll. Any other worth keeping?

SpecX

Will SRL be enough of a bump to push us into a new thread? I assumed IB would be, but feels so lonely here. I tried IB, but literally played 2-3 matches and quit. Please Bungie release more content!

vin-buc

I bought a PS4 Slim for my boy and was hoping to be able to play Destiny with him but most of the time we can't join a fireteam (we've only been successful a handful of times). I went to the Bungie forums and it seems this is a problem many people are having. I don't have this problem with CoD (RM or IW).

Are there any workarounds other than using my iPhone as a hotspot and joining my OG to that? Even using my phone - the game tells me I lost my connection to the Destiny servers after 30 - 45 minutes and my phone connection is pretty good.

Anyone have useful experience/advice?

FinKL

I bought a PS4 Slim for my boy and was hoping to be able to play Destiny with him but most of the time we can't join a fireteam (we've only been successful a handful of times). I went to the Bungie forums and it seems this is a problem many people are having. I don't have this problem with CoD (RM or IW).

Are there any workarounds other than using my iPhone as a hotspot and joining my OG to that? Even using my phone - the game tells me I lost my connection to the Destiny servers after 30 - 45 minutes and my phone connection is pretty good.

Anyone have useful experience/advice?

Yeah they STILL haven't fixed it and quit acknowledging it in the BWU, even though it was listed the first few weeks of RoI. Guess not a lot of people LAN Destiny. I'm on XBO btw.

My solution was to just use another router. I had an older spare that actually works and it's still hooked up.

Finished IB bounties on 2 characters. I don't know if I can stomach a third. Did not enjoy any moment of this IB. I would have skipped it entirely if it wasn't Branded Lords this week.

vin-buc

Yeah they STILL haven't fixed it and quit acknowledging it in the BWU, even though it was listed the first few weeks of RoI. Guess not a lot of people LAN Destiny. I'm on XBO btw.

My solution was to just use another router. I had an older spare that actually works and it's still hooked up.

Yea - gonna try changing my DNS servers to googles on the Slim. Some poster has had success with that. That Bungie thread is over 50 pages long. Peeps defo upset.

Works fine on our two XBones on the same LAN for a while now. It was broken for a while so I just had my XBone hanging out on the internet. One of the consoles is static with ports manually forwarded and the other DHCPs and does whatever port forwarding magic it wants to. Have an Apple router, FWIW.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Told Todd to get someone Stable level and he goes and gets a kid with .48 K/D. He wasn't too bad overall though. So many 3 on 1s in that card.

yuiiui.gif

tytytyt0613e.gif

StMeph

Finally hit 400 from this IB.

Also got an Angel's Advocate from a package that I'm really enjoying. Feels a lot better than I would have expected from the stats.

CREMSteve

Have to travel to Winnipeg today for work, three day trip, bringing my pstv with me so I can remote play some Destiny from my hotel. Haven't done that in ages.

todd360

Told Todd to get someone Stable level and he goes and gets a kid with .48 K/D. He wasn't too bad overall though. So many 3 on 1s in that card.

yuiiui.gif

tytytyt0613e.gif

Lol I didnt realize his k/d was that low. I always just assume lfg trials is full of tryhard who need a group and not noobs who need a group.

Top Bottom