• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

LordofPwn

Downloading a 1.5GB update for Overwatch in the time it's taking to prepare to download this destiny update... Like wtf.

Excited to jump back into this though. Been like a month and a half since I last played.

CREMSteve

Almost got full set. Just need class item.

xnVsd6v.png

Got stuff I wanted,

Black spindle, red death and icebreaker ornaments.
How did you get all of it so quickly? Did you purchase it? Looking for some tips for when I log on tonight, what's the best strategy?

Deku Tree

Turned on my ps4 three hours ago. Downloaded a 2GB infinite warfare patch in 30 minutes. Downloaded another Modern Warfare Remastered post in the same 30 minutes.

But the Destiny 2GB patch says 7 hours remaining and it says I am at 9/33 GB even though it is a 2GB patch.

Fix your patching process Bungie!

Agent

Yea I've restarted a few times but same issues. But all my other DLs are fine 🤷🏿

PSN is generally terrible for download speed. Granted, I downloaded the big Battlefield 1 patch earlier with little problem. I'm at 4 hours on my Destiny patch, even though I'm on PS4 Pro (5GHz connection) and on Comcast Blast internet (200 Mbps). Basically I've given up on playing Destiny tonight and will stick with Battlefield 1.

Kalamari

PSN is generally terrible for download speed. Granted, I downloaded the big Battlefield 1 patch earlier with little problem. I'm at 4 hours on my Destiny patch, even though I'm on PS4 Pro (5GHz connection) and on Comcast Blast internet (200 Mbps). Basically I've given up on playing Destiny tonight and will stick with Battlefield 1.

Turned on my ps4 three hours ago. Downloaded a 2GB infinite warfare patch in 30 minutes. Downloaded another Modern Warfare Remastered post in the same 30 minutes.

But the Destiny 2GB patch says 7 hours remaining and it says I am at 9/33 GB even though it is a 2GB patch.

Fix your patching process Bungie!

Wtf is going on with this update. 4 hours for 2 gigs

Welcome to Destiny.

CLBridges

SRL still fun to me as expected, haven't tried out the new strikes yet but did run some of the old through the heroic playlist. I like the scoring system and new bounties available. Solid update imo.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Still 2 hours till the download is completed..

My son wanted to play, but it's still a school night.

I know this is a big deal though so I said he could play for like 30-40 mins before he needed to shower.

2 mins later he's like not gonna happen. Update gonna be a while. LoL

I told him if he gets all of his shit done he maybe can play tomorrow.

So you purchased twelve chests? How much were they each?

Well, I have 1 of each class, so I dropped $20 because I wasn't sure if it was like last time, where you could get gear for any class out of a box. Each box costs 200 silver, and I bought 15 boxes total with 2400 silver. Buying in groups of 5 gives you 1 extra box at 800 silver.

100silver = 1 dollar.

Oh my god this is so great. Never take SRL away. Its fun, and I can actually get 385+ loot. ALso got a No land Beyond to drop from ToC. Primary sniper seems cool, but I haven't tried it yet.

Funny that the SRL sparrow drop seems worse than the stunt sparrows. Gets pushed around way too easy.

Mindlog

How much time do you have after a race ends to change gear?
I can use my old SRL helmet and still be 398, but would still prefer 400 LL drops.

The assist medal for Strikes is hard. All the others were very quick.

I am down for a SRL train sometime. I just got ran over by a full group of players and me alone where the back half their team just focused on knocking me off the map. If possible, it would also be cool if I can get in first on the Mars and Venus maps to close off the old book =).

Additional question: anyone having a harder time killing the enemies on the maps? I feel I am struggling way more than last year.

rezn0r

I can only reclaim my momentum arms and legs despite finishing the book last year. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I was just about to ask this, I can't reclaim any from the kiosk, they all say "Earned from the SRL Vol. 1 Record Book" - which I have under Progress and I have those parts completed... but can't seem to get them.

Annoying if I'll be missing out on these now, I broke them down a few months back when I realized I could still get them through either the book or Amanda (at the time)

I was just about to ask this, I can't reclaim any from the kiosk, they all say "Earned from the SRL Vol. 1 Record Book" - which I have under Progress and I have those parts completed... but can't seem to get them.

Annoying if I'll be missing out on these now, I broke them down a few months back when I realized I could still get them through either the book or Amanda (at the time)

Also finding some weird inconsistencies:
I have the old Racing Wings Helm (they renamed it and added ornaments for Rank 3 SRL) and dont see it in the kiosk (thankfully I kept it).
Weirder, I have the Racer's Bond (the SRL Y1 warlock bond) and it says I can discard it and get it back at the kiosk yet there is no Racer's Bond, its the new bond which it says is earned after races as a reward. Again, thankfully I kept one as it is making rep gain a lot easier not having to wait for a random drop and leveling it up.

As for the holiday kiosk and silver dust shop, I am disappointed I cant reroll the Crimson Shell I have from February and I cant purchase the Chocolate shell nor Devil Ghost shell with silver dust. Its weird I can purchase horns and sparrows from last SRL but not any of the old holiday stuff.

Dalek

Do you guys dismantle your Legendary swords like Sol Edge? I gotta make some room somehow....

Also which of these Grasp of Maloks is better?

1st one
Red Dot-ORES/Ranged Lens RLR5/Quickdraw
Headseeker
Fitted Stock/Braced Frame/Sword of Aegeus
Glass Half Full

2nd one
Red Dot-ORES/Focus Lens FLS2/Quickdraw
Secret Round
lightweight/Oiled Frame/Mutiny
Grendaier

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I've got to say the new update seems pretty significant. I can't remember the last time Bungie made such an effort to listen to and respond to feedback. Hell, last year we were getting unneeded and unwanted nerfs around this time instead of fixes (Black Spindle LL nerf, weapon parts nerf). There's not a lot of new content here but for the first time in Destiny's many years it feels like Bungie might actually be listening to the community

Kalamari

Do you guys dismantle your Legendary swords like Sol Edge? I gotta make some room somehow....

Also which of these Grasp of Maloks is better?

1st one
Red Dot-ORES/Ranged Lens RLR5/Quickdraw
Headseeker
Fitted Stock/Braced Frame/Sword of Aegeus
Glass Half Full

2nd one
Red Dot-ORES/Focus Lens FLS2/Quickdraw
Secret Round
lightweight/Oiled Frame/Mutiny
Grendaier

First one is a god roll. Pick Braced frame and carry me to Mercury please.

shermas

The rainbow award during strikes is LAME, I think... having to use my special to rapidly kill adds does not promote fun in my book.

Top Bottom