• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Shito

So aside from the 3 in the book, how do you get more SRL ornaments?
Late answer, but: I got one to randomly drop on the reward screen of an SRL race.

I was burnt out of Destiny last year, so I didn't play SRL then ; played a few races yesterday and this thing is actually fun! I will gladly try to finish my book this year. ^^

glaurung

Does LL matter for SRL drops? Guess so. I think I can bump up my old class gear at least
Certain armor and weapons drop with proper light levels, so unless you want to infuse later, you want to be at 400 for racing.

Saw two Eyaslunas and one Matador drop for last place finishers yesterday. I need to start driving crappier.

Melchiah

Turned on my ps4 three hours ago. Downloaded a 2GB infinite warfare patch in 30 minutes. Downloaded another Modern Warfare Remastered post in the same 30 minutes.

But the Destiny 2GB patch says 7 hours remaining and it says I am at 9/33 GB even though it is a 2GB patch.

Fix your patching process Bungie!

PSN is generally terrible for download speed. Granted, I downloaded the big Battlefield 1 patch earlier with little problem. I'm at 4 hours on my Destiny patch, even though I'm on PS4 Pro (5GHz connection) and on Comcast Blast internet (200 Mbps). Basically I've given up on playing Destiny tonight and will stick with Battlefield 1.

Destiny patches seem to take longer than anything else. It didn't take that long for me like others here, but the download speed varied from 12 to 2Mbps on 100Mbps wired connection, which is unusual for me. It took about 30 minutes, the same time it takes to download 10GB usually.

I hear people shit on SRL and never understood why. Unless you simply have a personal dislike of racing games, it's really well done.

I like the racing, but I don't like the way other players can bump into me, and shove me to the side. That's exactly why I don't play something like Driveclub online, even as much as I love the game. I think it would be better without player collisions, relying on pure racing and skill. I was in the top three in both races I played, eventhough it was my first time with the Mercury track, but I dislike how people can increase their standing by racing like its Demolition Derby.

Nothus

I like the racing, but I don't like the way other players can bump into me, and shove me to the side. That's exactly why I don't play something like Driveclub online, even as much as I love the game. I think it would be better without player collisions, relying on pure racing and skill. I was in the top three in both races I played, eventhough it was my first time with the Mercury track, but I dislike how people can increase their standing by racing like its Demolition Derby.

The tussle at the start of a race can be annoying yeah, but it's just about getting in front and then not making a mistake. Pretty much nobody takes a proper racing line or uses the strafe boosts correctly, so hitting one sharp corner effectively can really open up a decent lead on the pack.

I'm so glad that the SRL gear is dropping from races, that was all I cared about. The dawning set looks like ass so there's no need for me to throw any more money at Eververse.

Also one guy in one of my races last night got a chocolate ghost as a post game reward, which seemed a bit weird. Maybe I can finally get hold of a crimson ghost after all this time?

amar212

Also, ran the NF and a few strikes. Zero Rainbow medals! Those things are a bitch to get.

You can take as much time as you want to earn them during one strike, the wording on bounty description is too harsh.

You can literally plan the mobs, because there is no time-cooldown between them to obtain the medal. 3 with the primary, wait for the moment to kill 3 with the special and then use the heavy for the group of 3 whenever you find them (during one strike). You can even die in between.

Description of bounty paint problematic pictures in players head, while bounty itself can be done in 3-4 normal strikes with normal play,

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
You can take as much time as you want to earn them during one strike, the wording on bounty description is too harsh.

You can literally plan the mobs, because there is no time-cooldown between them to obtain the medal. 3 with the primary, wait for the moment to kill 3 with the special and then use the heavy for the group of 3 whenever you find them (during one strike). You can even die in between.

Description of bounty paint problematic pictures in players head, while bounty itself can be done in 3-4 normal strikes with normal play,

This is a useful hint, thank you

Edit: Looks like Queen's bounties are daily now. Amazing

Melchiah

The tussle at the start of a race can be annoying yeah, but it's just about getting in front and then not making a mistake. Pretty much nobody takes a proper racing line or uses the strafe boosts correctly, so hitting one sharp corner effectively can really open up a decent lead on the pack.

I'm so glad that the SRL gear is dropping from races, that was all I cared about. The dawning set looks like ass so there's no need for me to throw any more money at Eververse.

Also one guy in one of my races last night got a chocolate ghost as a post game reward, which seemed a bit weird. Maybe I can finally get hold of a crimson ghost after all this time?

S-34 Ravensteel sparrow, with its increased boost, seems to help getting a headstart, but there were several occasions when someone pushed me to the side, so I couldn't hit the gates. It's annoying, and affects the racing negatively. Last year, I had to do the bounty, where you have to hit 15 consecutive gates, by staying behind the pack because of that.

Getting proper rewards now is a plus though. I just wish it was guaranteed, that exotic engrams give you at least +1 higher gear than you currently have. It's infuriating, when have all but one gear at 400, and you get the same 399 gear from the engram. I actually rage-quitted because of that last night.

EDIT:
Edit: Looks like Queen's bounties are daily now. Amazing

Thanks for the heads up!

glaurung

That's very handy to know, much obliged!

Will give it another go later tonight.

Nicodemic

The SRL part of the book is much better then last year's book imo. Why? Because you don't have to finish 1st friggin' 10 times per track to complete a stamp dammit!!

I'm having much more fun this time. Less frustration.

Didn't get a chance to play last night because the download was being weird.

Jumped on this morning and got 1 char to SRL rank 5, got the SRL portion of the book done, and all new SRL shaders. I also got lucky and got the new crucible emblem on my first match(not sure if that's guaranteed or not?). I just need the last two SRL emblems(I wish they weren't tied to the maps and instead just a drop) and will finish the PVE portion of the book tonight.

Today was also my first chance to try out the new changes to SBMM/CBMM. While most of the connections were all over the place the match did "feel" better.

Nothus

Jumped on this morning and got 1 char to SRL rank 5, got the SRL portion of the book done, and all new SRL shaders. I also got lucky and got the new crucible emblem on my first match(not sure if that's guaranteed or not?). I just need the last two SRL emblems(I wish they weren't tied to the maps and instead just a drop) and will finish the PVE portion of the book tonight.

Today was also my first chance to try out the new changes to SBMM/CBMM. While most of the connections were all over the place the match did "feel" better.

Ever thought about maybe pacing yourself with the new content? Jeez lol.

Ever thought about maybe pacing yourself with the new content? Jeez lol.

Nah. There's way too many other good games I want to get to over the holidays. Plus my main focus in Destiny right now is Trials anyways. This is just a nice bonus until then.

Also, there's not much to savor here anyways, the content itself is pretty light.

Melchiah

Finally!

78YRmi0l.jpg

Got 400 legendary boots from completing one of Zavala's weekly bounties.

Xeroblade

Well that didnt take long. What is the new crucible emblem look like?

EDIT: Also does anyone know how to get the Queen's Bounties?

Trakan

I believe the only chance you get is from the Nightfall bounty so 3 times a week.U Unless someone proved that it can be gotten from teh other zavala bounties and I was missing something.

I see. They're all considered the same type of bounty in-game so I figured it worked like the Shiro bounties for the Thorn.

I see. They're all considered the same type of bounty in-game so I figured it worked like the Shiro bounties for the Thorn.

I think it should have. Aside from giving 9 chances a week, I'd rather it be a quest drop like the Thorn. This way you can go on some quest and get more story on the gun and maybe some self referential humor about why it was so popular. Much like the Thorn and new -lord guns, the quest reuses current content (kill X enemies, strikes, etc) but you get some more lore out of it and something Y1s might enjoy (if the humor part was there). This feels half assed.

Karg

So received a temp ban in Destiny apparently for bad network issues. My NAT seems to flip from Open to Moderate but stuck on Moderate now and the dual modem/router deal I have from Comcast with ARRIS TG1682G mode. That or I pissed off people in SRL and they left bad feedback on me....anyone been temp banned in Destiny for this reason and happen to know how long this lasts?

Swords of Dawn emblem right? Got it on my first and only match last night as well, but it's not showing up in DIM.

Does it only drop in regular crucible or can SRL drop it? Was thinking of grinding SRL for some gear. I'd like a nice rolled eyasluna and matador so I can hate myself or make others hate me. I did get an interesting Ill Will roll: TS/SS, rangefinder, HF/explosive rounds, spray and play. I'm hoping ophidian aspect will make the reload speed serviceable.

The download for this update took forever on my PS4 Pro last night. It finished this morning when I was at the gym.

Is there a list of things I should be doing for the event?

Also anyone on DGAF play Paragon? I'm just getting into the game now.

Couple hours of "content" spread over 3 weeks - what's the point in pacing? Get it done and go back to playing other games.

I was looking to do the same or farm SRL for crucible weapon drops.

Any SRL trains this weekend? Can more than likely bang out the licenses and book components.

As for strikes, are the book items for strikes doable solo or is it easier in a team so that you can coordinate who is doing what for which medal?

I actually had a good time with Destiny last night! The new strikes are fun; I didn't have much of an issue with the Will of Crota strike, but I had a good team of randoms. That being said, I was running Nightstalker with Bad Juju, so my tether was really invaluable.

Speaking of Bad Juju, I was glad to finally get the Hoodoo ornament. It's too good.

The SRL stuff is fine. It's SRL. I liked the new tracks, but the few races that I played, I didn't get any drops. Actually, that's not true, I got a Year 1 class item.

Shiv47

Played two SRL races, got the old Venus map twice. Got two 400 pieces of armor, so...yay? Not sure I want to bother with leveling up outside of boosting with a Gaf party. The only reason to grind it is to get armor for infusion, and even that's not much of a reason at this stage. I don't enjoy it enough to just want to play it.

The updated strikes were fun, I liked the new voiceovers, and the remixed strikes were different enough to enjoy. Omnigul was less of a clusterfuck than before, but a NF seems like it would be pretty intense. Haven't bothered with the scoring/bounty stuff yet. I do appreciate not having to avoid green drops any longer. Should have added an option for blues while they were at it.

vin-buc

So received a temp ban in Destiny apparently for bad network issues. My NAT seems to flip from Open to Moderate but stuck on Moderate now and the dual modem/router deal I have from Comcast with ARRIS TG1682G mode. That or I pissed off people in SRL and they left bad feedback on me....anyone been temp banned in Destiny for this reason and happen to know how long this lasts?

A bad connection ban happened to a friend of mine. His ban lasted 2 weeks.

SRL is love.

Where do I go for artifacts these days? Do they drop in Archons FOrge?

I've had them drop in Archon's Forge & Strike Chests. They're blues, but they can up to 400 light. Archon's Forge is probably a bit more rewarding, as you can get a ghost, weapons and other armor from that as well.

Top Bottom