• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

JayHayabusa

Warlock looking to run the exotic Prime quest since the beginning post first raid w/monitors.

Need a Titan and a Hunter.

Looking to start at 11:30 pm CET (5:30 pm EST)

1. jayforone (Warlock)
2. (Hunter)
3. (Titan)

Quote me and sign up plz

Cruxist

I can't get over how awesome my Titan looks with Aaru's Passage (gold shader) equipped. I really want a full raid set to see how that looks with it on.

Got super close to lighthouse this weekend, but we faced some damn good players that knocked us out at 7 wins. Oh well! Most fun I've had playing trials since it launched.

Zakalwe

Banned
Looking for a Warlock and Hunter for stages 5-6 of the Exotic Pulse quest.

I know we don't need the group composition for s5, but would be good to knock them both out quickly.

Warlock looking to run the exotic Prime quest since the beginning post first raid w/monitors.

Need a Titan and a Hunter.

Looking to start at 11:30 pm CET (5:30 pm EST)

1. jayforone (Warlock)
2. (Hunter)
3. (Titan)

Quote me and sign up plz

Do we all need to be on the exact same stages for the sequences for the engine to work?

If not, I'll join you with my Titan from the beginning. Currently at stage five (raid completion).

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm ready to go as soon as you want, we still need two right?

If it doesn't work out with Jay (i.e. We need to be on the same stages) then I can run with you.

368 Titan. I know the fight well. Beat it once with all monitors. Raid gear for extra dps. Etc...

JJShadow

I believe we still need 2 more, yea.

I can go whenever, although it would work out better for me to go earlier than 7PM GMT (which is 1,5 h from now if I'm not mistaken)

Just realised that 7 PM GMT is actually 8 PM BST, I thought we were starting in 30 minutes. If that's the case I'm still in, if it's in 1.5 hours I'm afraid I cannot make it

Let's see what Ambitious says

If it doesn't work out with Jay (i.e. We need to be on the same stages) then I can run with you.

368 Titan. I know the fight well. Beat it once with all monitors. Raid gear for extra dps. Etc...

Sure mate, we still need 2 more

Zakalwe

Banned
Telesto is great, and definitely justifies the exotic slot in both PvE and PvP, situation depending of course.

The real beauty of it is being able to multi kill trash in PvE and generate tonnes of orbs.

In PvP being able to hit people running behind cover with slivers of health (aim for the floor near them and let the small blast finish them off) is great.

You need to be a FR fan though, this isn't likely to convert you if you're not.

Are we going to get the same vendor gear with different rolls or completely new gear tomorrow after the reset? Wondering if I should keep my marks for tomorrow or not.

Ambitious

Just realised that 7 PM GMT is actually 8 PM BST, I thought we were starting in 30 minutes. If that's the case I'm still in, if it's in 1.5 hours I'm afraid I cannot make it

Let's see what Ambitious says

Sure mate, we still need 2 more

Goddammit, I got the time wrong? Sorry, guys. I'm ready; we can start whenever you want.

nowai

Telesto good now? Got it soon after TTK launched and I thought it was weak outside of Void burn. Slow TTK and only works well on small fry, but you're using an exotic slot. Haven't used it in a year though, lol.

It's kind of okay in pve with void burn and airborne modifier, but that's about it. You can fire and then jump when the damage goes off.

In pvp, if you're playing against competent opponents, at best you will trade. They will kill you before the explosion happens and in turn you might kill them postmortem. You're still always better off using a shotgun.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's kind of okay in pve with void burn and airborne modifier, but that's about it. You can fire and then jump when the damage goes off.

In pvp, if you're playing against competent opponents, at best you will trade. They will kill you before the explosion happens and in turn you might kill them postmortem. You're still always better off using a shotgun.

Disagree. It's very good if you're working with a fire team. If you're sticking together with a partner or group, the aoe can be incredibly useful.

Even in modes like rumble you can use it to approach players engaged in scuffles and take both out using a well timed shot.

Head on, sure, you're going to trade a lot, but head on is not the only way you'll engage.

lt519

I dont think any dgaffers are partnered with twitch :p

Plenty of cool destiny streamers to sub if you want/watch that though.

Yeah, I don't know how any of that stuff works, didn't know you had to be partnered (;

Don't watch anything so I'd rather it just go to someone deserving.

JJShadow

We also don't have a full fireteam yet.

chur are you available now? There was a misunderstanding with the timezones.

I won't be home for at least 20 mins.

Yeah I'm on.

No worries Zakalwe, we still need to find one more

Right now we are

1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. chur
4. JJShadow77
5. Zakalwe

Need one more for a WotM run, experience and being 365-370+ preferred as we'd rather have a quick run

Right now we are

1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. chur
4. JJShadow77
5. Zakalwe

Need one more for a WotM run, experience and being 365-370+ preferred as we'd rather have a quick run

I'm 364 and know the drill till the Archonpriest.

Edit. On second thoughts, I'd rather do Osiris.

platocplx

I feel like such an idiot. Ive been an OK player in crucible and someone on my trials team this weekend made a funny comment saying "you have a crazy shooting style shooting and crouching back and forth at the same time." It never occurred to me that could be the reason why I lose engagements vs people even when i have the drop on them.

I dont know if this is a permanent thing but my KD my last 4 matches in diff game types have been over 1.5 every time. Its kind of insane.

I think i panic at times and i just click the crouch button (R3 on PS4) since i was using puppeteer control scheme. so crazy.

Saithan

Right now we are

1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. chur
4. JJShadow77
5. Zakalwe

I can join if the spot is available

gunawi

Right now we are

1. Ambitious
2. hedera_
3. chur
4. JJShadow77
5. Zakalwe

I have 370 / 371 titan. Beat the raid with my hunter until final bos 2nd phase but have to quit.

Psn gunawi if you are okay with that

Lima

I feel like such an idiot. Ive been an OK player in crucible and someone on my trials team this weekend made a funny comment saying "you have a crazy shooting style shooting and crouching back and forth at the same time." It never occurred to me that could be the reason why I lose engagements vs people even when i have the drop on them.

I dont know if this is a permanent thing but my KD my last 4 matches in diff game types have been over 1.5 every time. Its kind of insane.

I think i panic at times and i just click the crouch button (R3 on PS4) since i was using puppeteer control scheme. so crazy.

I mean crouching can give you the edge in a primary fight if the enemy goes for headshots. I do it sometimes.

MrDaravon

I've had 4 Firefly crashes in the last two days; it's gotten significantly worse since the pre-RoI patch where they thought they had fixed it. I really enjoy not being able to use one of my favorite guns and losing Vanguard Streak bonuses Bungie -_-

Mindlog

So what's all this business about bringing your light down to 384 for better drops if you are 385?
Not really worried about getting too far over 385, but so far playing one class to boost the others has been very successful. With some good drops I can get my Hunter and Warlock to 385 pretty quickly.

Top Bottom