• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Anyone want to do ROI raid up to Final Boss? I'm thinking 6:30 PM EST
PSN

Pandora012
Nico - Squid in training

Bump

How bad are the firefly crashes? I have the raid auto rifle with firefly and just leveled up my original vendor Hung Jury. Last thing I want is the game crashing due to me using this perk.
It really depends. If only one or two people get firefly it's okay. But more than that, atleast for me causes people to crash. The funny thing is you don't even have to be the cause for it to effect you.

How bad are the firefly crashes? I have the raid auto rifle with firefly and just leveled up my original vendor Hung Jury. Last thing I want is the game crashing due to me using this perk.
Haven't ever crashed with either of those. Always took a luck in the chamber combo for me.

Edit: Nevermind, saw the edit in the post above about seeing the post above.

JayHayabusa

Looking for a Warlock and Hunter for stages 5-6 of the Exotic Pulse quest.

I know we don't need the group composition for s5, but would be good to knock them both out quickly.

Do we all need to be on the exact same stages for the sequences for the engine to work?

If not, I'll join you with my Titan from the beginning. Currently at stage five (raid completion).

I'll join

Gotta drop out. Something urgent came up so need to drive to Paris. Sorry guys

I'd say the main difference being that normal mode King's Fall recommended light was 290, and you could get to 300 with blue drops.

Now, you're 30 away from recommended light level of Wrath of the Machine with blue engrams, or 5 away via blue drops. I think blue drops should have gone to at least 370 this time around.
It is a bigger delta, that's true. Are we sure blue engrams went up to 300 at TTK launch? When the light level cap was 310? That doesn't sound right.

LiK

Wow you really have been gone a long time!

My last time was beating KF HM with Kadey and Drizz and I quit the game. That was pretty much about a year ago. That raid gave me PTSD cuz we were struggling with it for hours until someone left and Drizz came in to save the day. I still miss him.

LTWood12

I've had one and I use it quite a lot. Is it supposed to be a common problem?

It's been an issue since the launch of the Taken King. The original vendor Vanity hand cannon from FWC had LitC and Firefly, and it seemed to be the biggest culprit of causing the bug. But I've had Hung Jury cause it multiple times. One John of Mars fireflied so many thrall at once during a totems run that it actually hard crashed my system lol.

LTWood12

My last time was beating KF HM with Kadey and Drizz and I quit the game. That was pretty much about about a year ago. that raid gave me PTSD cuz we were struggling with it for hours until Drizz came in to save the day. I still miss him.

I know that feel (see my top of the page post).

He would've been so happy to see you back here.

SpecX

I'd say the main difference being that normal mode King's Fall recommended light was 290, and you could get to 300 with blue drops.

Now, you're 30 away from recommended light level of Wrath of the Machine with blue engrams, or 5 away via blue drops. I think blue drops should have gone to at least 370 this time around.

They probably did this to prolong the grind to max out your LL. When TTK launched, we started at LL 150 or so if I remember correctly which was a long ways away from the 320 cap. With RoI, we only have 65 LL to go to reach the new cap which could be reached easily with more favorable drops.

LTWood12

It is a bigger delta, that's true. Are we sure blue engrams went up to 300 at TTK launch? When the light level cap was 310? That doesn't sound right.

I feel like blue engrams stopped at like 275 at TTK launch, and only went up past 300 with the Taken Spring update.

Kor pls. The decryptions were random, but COULD decrypt up to 300. I think I maybe only ever saw a couple ever actually turn 300, but i got both my alts to 297+ just through decrypting blues my main picked up.

I may not know the difference between Larry David and Bob Odenkirk (see discord), but by God i know how high my blues can decrypt.

GlamFM

Banned
The should have delayed the raid for 2 weeks I think.

The grind is actually fun, it's the rush that was annoying.

I hope that hard mode is at least 2 months out.

Xeroblade

Hope an armor engram turns into an artifact. Then get a higher one in the raid.

ill cross my fingers

Out of everything I tried the raid is the only consistent supplier of artifacts.

ive done the raid 3 times and have yet to get one :(

Eris rank up or raid.

Eris rank up is a real grind.

I got mine in the Raid.

I've had about 3 drop from Trials end game screens.

Is that for winning consistently? I am not that great at trials.....That being said, I guess i better start putting in some extra work. Thanks everyone.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So what is everyone's secret to getting artifacts!? It's holding me back.......

Level up Eris Morn every week.

On your very first Court of Oryx of the week, you will get a bounty worth 250 rep. Finishing that will get you a bounty for 500 rep. Finishing that will get you a bounty worth 750 rep.

Thats 1500 rep in maybe 10-15 minutes. The rest should take another 15-20 minutes if you manage to find an instance with 3-4 other players. They are very lively nowadays due to this being the only way to earn Artifacts besides the final boss' first phase loot. EDIT: If you get a bounty that says you need to kill 10 Majors without dying use the Sky burner codes or wormfeeder runes to launch Hive or Cabal raiding parties. Should spawn at least 20 or so yellows.

That said, I leveled her up on all three characters this week, and once last week she only dropped the artifact once. She gave me two class items and refused to drop anything for hitting rank 4 with my hunter. So the drops are still 50/50 and only kick in after you hit rank 5.

Just do the raid three times a week and hope for the best.

Run the raid, I've gotten two from the 4th boss and now that my main is high enough any future artifact drops I can infuse into alts. The first 4 bosses any group 360-365 can do without any major difficulties, its just the last boss thats a LL check. If you dont want to grind up to 365 can just wait, Bungie has said they will introduce new ghosts and artifacts in existing stuff (strikes, PVP, etc) to make it easier soon. Iron Banner also may be a good shot.

Cleared the raid today after 2 hours with a destinyLFG pug, everyone was 370-372 and that imo made it a lot easier with fewer deaths. Still, it will be a lot easier once everyone is 385 or so and the extra damage will make it probably 3 rounds max. Still a few bugs hit, like balls being invisible or captains vanishing.

In addition to Eris rank-up packages and the raid, skeleton key chest also have a chance of dropping up-to-385 blue artifacts in addition to the strike specific legendary loot.

Edit: beaten

specdot

If you have a skeleton key, run the Malok strike. Guaranteed blue artifact drop along with the Hood of Malok. Just pray you don't have my RNG. I keep getting Legendary Engrams that drop at my same exact light level. It's been happening to me this whole weekend. So infuriating.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
A friend is 3/3 getting artifacts to drop out of the skeleton chest on Valus. I haven't tried for myself yet.

47r3hdp.jpg

Xeroblade

Level up Eris Morn every week.

On your very first Court of Oryx of the week, you will get a bounty worth 250 rep. Finishing that will get you a bounty for 500 rep. Finishing that will get you a bounty worth 750 rep.

Thats 1500 rep in maybe 10-15 minutes. The rest should take another 15-20 minutes if you manage to find an instance with 3-4 other players. They are very lively nowadays due to this being the only way to earn Artifacts besides the final boss' first phase loot. EDIT: If you get a bounty that says you need to kill 10 Majors without dying use the Sky burner codes or wormfeeder runes to launch Hive or Cabal raiding parties. Should spawn at least 20 or so yellows.

That said, I leveled her up on all three characters this week, and once last week she only dropped the artifact once. She gave me two class items and refused to drop anything for hitting rank 4 with my hunter. So the drops are still 50/50 and only kick in after you hit rank 5.

Just do the raid three times a week and hope for the best.

Run the raid, I've gotten two from the 4th boss and now that my main is high enough any future artifact drops I can infuse into alts. The first 4 bosses any group 360-365 can do without any major difficulties, its just the last boss thats a LL check. If you dont want to grind up to 365 can just wait, Bungie has said they will introduce new ghosts and artifacts in existing stuff (strikes, PVP, etc) to make it easier soon. Iron Banner also may be a good shot.

Cleared the raid today after 2 hours with a destinyLFG pug, everyone was 370-372 and that imo made it a lot easier with fewer deaths. Still, it will be a lot easier once everyone is 385 or so and the extra damage will make it probably 3 rounds max. Still a few bugs hit, like balls being invisible or captains vanishing.

Thanks for the great info! Also that would be nice if IB dropped artifacts, I know when you hit ranked 5, ghosts starting dropping, hopefully its the same way.

If you have any skeleton keys, blue artifacts can drop from them that will scale with your light level. Although they are blues, they can drop ABOVE 365.

In addition to Eris rank-up packages and the raid, skeleton key chest also have a chance of dropping up-to-385 blue artifacts in addition to the strike specific legendary loot.

Edit: beaten

A friend is 3/3 getting artifacts to drop out of the skeleton chest on Valus. I haven't tried for myself yet.

Yea problem is finding the damn skeleton keys. I still have one to get through story on another character, I plan on using that to try and get an artifact tonight.

LTWood12

Got all the great crucible and vanguard weapons: Palindrome, Final Horizon, Chaos heavy machinegun the dead orbit shotgun.

-------------------------

Stick message: Also, dont post anything that is not verified on this thread or LTWood will hold a gudge and call you out even months after that. You are welcome.

You should try the Angel's Advocate. It's the mida archetype with outlaw, explosive rounds, and reactive reload. It's a really fun primary to roll with.

SpecX

What happened to all the Khvostov hype? Got mine yesterday from the exotic quest, but haven't had a chance to mess around with it. Was it all just hype?

Trakan

What happened to all the Khvostov hype? Got mine yesterday from the exotic quest, but haven't had a chance to mess around with it. Was it all just hype?

Jack of all trades, master of none. Not really worth an exotic slot. I don't see it being terribly overpowered as a legendary. More people would use it too.

LiK

Nostalgia hype. It's a fun PVP gun but nothing super amazing about it.

T-44

Neo Member
Got all the great crucible and vanguard weapons: Palindrome, Final Horizon, Chaos heavy machinegun the dead orbit shotgun.

-------------------------

Stick message: Also, dont post anything that is not verified on this thread or LTWood will hold a gudge and call you out even months after that. You are welcome.

Also, use spell check or someone might call you out.

The word is grudge.

Top Bottom