• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

nowai

Disagree. It's very good if you're working with a fire team. If you're sticking together with a partner or group, the aoe can be incredibly useful.

Even in modes like rumble you can use it to approach players engaged in scuffles and take both out using a well timed shot.

Head on, sure, you're going to trade a lot, but head on is not the only way you'll engage.

Sure, anything can be good if you're pubstomping or playing less skilled players. Against good players though, after the first few surprise kills you might get, you won't be winning most engagements.

Fusions alone have issues against shotguns, let alone a delayed fusion. If I know someone has a fusion, I don't charge straight at them. It's very easy to change your approach to avoid fusion blasts.

X-Frame

I've had 4 Firefly crashes in the last two days; it's gotten significantly worse since the pre-RoI patch where they thought they had fixed it. I really enjoy not being able to use one of my favorite guns and losing Vanguard Streak bonuses Bungie -_-

I don't understand -- why does Firefly crash some people's PS4 and not all of them? I have a launch day PS4 and have been using a Firefly Scout Rifle for a year with no issues.

Seems very strange to me!

MechDX

3 legendary helmets, legend boots and legend armor from the forge.

ALL decrypted to LL 351.....the same level or lower as I was wearing. Total LL on my character is 351....

I don't understand -- why does Firefly crash some people's PS4 and not all of them? I have a launch day PS4 and have been using a Firefly Scout Rifle for a year with no issues.

Damage buffs seem to increase the explosion size which crashes the consoles if it gets too large. Suspect it's a lot more complicated than that or it would be fixed.

LitC + firefly activating at the same time is (or was) a guaranteed crash but there's probably other conditions for it.

Yannick

Neo Member
Are accelerated coils useful in pvp?

Accelerated Coils is a preference perk. If you like the extra speed and don't mind the damage drop, then it's a good perk to pick. The damage drop doesn't usually play too much of a factor outside of specific rifle damage values, but the big drawback to using Accelerated Coils in Y2 was that it had to directly compete with range and stability mods, meaning it usually lost out on principle.

Seems very strange to me!

It's not so much, in my experience, that it's peoples' PS4s that are the problem. Rather, I find that the circumstances that trigger the Firefly issue have changed. The Firefly issue was mainly tied to specific guns and scopes in TTK and using them would trigger a specific set of events that would cause the Firefly issue. In Y3, using Firefly is not an issue for many people who suffered through it in Y2. This leads me to believe that either the new guns aren't triggering the old persistent issue or the issue itself has just changed at its core during the transition to Y3.

Is the Sepik's Perfected strike dropping guaranteed blues that are higher LL intended or an exploit? Seems like they've had ample time to patch it out (in fact I actually thought the hotfix a few days ago was going to do just that) but they haven't yet, so I'm assuming it isn't something Bungie cares about?

Is Sepik's the only strike that does this or it's just the quickest one to run? I know Omnigul is the other one people mention all the time.

Axoman

Was playing Saturday night and I don't know how I got an artifact.

I ran 1 Sepiks Perfected and then did Court Of Oryx for a bit working on ranking Eris. Didn't play long enough to roll over the rank, but when I went back to the tower, I had a 360 legendary artifact sitting at the postmaster.

I was not aware that I could receive a legendary artifact from those activities at that light level. Did I get it from a drop during Sepiks?

LiK

Is the Sepik's Perfected strike dropping guaranteed blues that are higher LL intended or an exploit? Seems like they've had ample time to patch it out (in fact I actually thought the hotfix a few days ago was going to do just that) but they haven't yet, so I'm assuming it isn't something Bungie cares about?

Is Sepik's the only strike that does this or it's just the quickest one to run? I know Omnigul is the other one people mention all the time.

it's not an exploit. it's just how their drops work now.if they didn't give you higher LL, you'd be stuck int he same LL forever. even if you get the drops, they are not always higher LL all the time hence why we have to do it multiple times just to go up one LL.

Toddler

It has its weaknesses but its pros lend to some good fun. The thing about it that wasnt mentioned earlier is that not only does it pile on the damage on the person beong shot but on anyone close to said persons vicinity. In PvP, for example, I was taking out three enemies at a time just by blasting one of them. Lastly, when you max it out, using it repeatedly will generate orbs for you and your mates.

So the biggest con to it is the window of time from when you shoot to when the void explodes. There is a second window where the enemy can turn around and shoot you dead before they die.

Doesn't it make orbs, too?

MrDaravon

What's weird is I only had just a few Firefly crashes in TTK, but since the pre-RoI patch where they initially thought they fixed it I've had way more than I had total from TTK launch until now. 99% of the time it only happens in instances (Strikes, Raids, etc) where a lot of shit is happening, not sure I've ever had it happen on Patrol for instance.

It's insane to me that over a year later a game-crashing bug hasn't been fixed.

Zakalwe

Banned
I really like this raid. :)

Sure, anything can be good if you're pubstomping or playing less skilled players. Against good players though, after the first few surprise kills you might get, you won't be winning most engagements.

Fusions alone have issues against shotguns, let alone a delayed fusion. If I know someone has a fusion, I don't charge straight at them. It's very easy to change your approach to avoid fusion blasts.

Oh, I meant in trials too against good players. It's a very good PvP weapon if you don't try to out shotgun shotguns.

And conversely, it's very easy to adjust your strategy against people rushing with SGs. In fact. It really comes down to preference and how well you change your tactics to suit the strength of your loadout.

GlamFM

Banned
I love ROI. It's a very focused, very tight package.

I hope the whoever leads the live team also has some influence on Destiny 2.

I vastly prefer the endgame over TTK.

Btw: Books are also a thing the live team came up with.

it's not an exploit. it's just how their drops work now.if they didn't give you higher LL, you'd be stuck int he same LL forever. even if you get the drops, they are not always higher LL all the time hence why we have to do it multiple times just to go up one LL.

I mean, it's the Sepiks specifically is what I'm asking about, as it seems that is the only strike that does this? Or am I wrong?

LiK

I love ROI. It's a very focused, very tight package.

I hope the whoever leads the live team also has some influence on Destiny 2.

I vastly prefer the endgame over TTK.

Btw: Books are also a thing the live team came up with.

Isn't Luke Smith also in charge of ROI?

Anybody get the new Trials fusion rifle? The range on this thing is awesome. Loving the design of the new trials weapons, especially the scopes.

TsuWave

finally got raid scout. good weapon, not as great as i thought it would be. crazy that 3 raids later VoG still has the goat raid weapons

Zakalwe

Banned
finally got raid scout. good weapon, not as great as i thought it would be. crazy that 3 raids later VoG still has the goat raid weapons

VoC will forever be the best primary in the game. ;_;

I used it while levelling my alts, and damn I forgot how good it was.

jacobs34

Is anyone around that can help me with Nightfall on PSN? I finally got to 365, and until a good raid group gets going I'm trying to keep leveling.

X-Frame

Any 3 person Team need or want to do the Exotic Pulse raid quest step tonight at around 9 PM eastern time?

Ideally we would get to
Vosik
with someone on an alt character to hold the checkpoint and then we will just kill him 3 times.

Zocano

VoC will forever be the best primary in the game. ;_;

I used it while levelling my alts, and damn I forgot how good it was.

Infinite stability med-high impact scouts will play like that.

I have a Treads Upon Stars that is very similar but still not quite there.

SpecX

I've seen more people using HC's in PvE strikes lately. Have they improved and are worth going back to or are Scouts still supreme? I loved hand cannons from the beta till TTK when they ruined them with the magical bullets not hitting the targets and haven't went back to them since.

I've seen more people using HC's in PvE strikes lately. Have they improved and are worth going back to or are Scouts still supreme? I loved hand cannons from the beta till TTK when they ruined them with the magical bullets not hitting the targets and haven't went back to them since.

Palindrome practice for PvP

xuchu

Any 3 person Team need or want to do the Exotic Pulse raid quest step tonight at around 9 PM eastern time?

Ideally we would get to
Vosik
with someone on an alt character to hold the checkpoint and then we will just kill him 3 times.

Sure, what step are on you on? I'm on be the battery (Do NF etc...) so you may be further along the quest than me. If not though and you need a warlock, let's get this done.

PSN: Talos_AI

SpecX

VoG is better than everything else in every respect, basically.

Bungie knows this and it's why they had to leave those weapons behind. Can you imagine Y3 and we're still using the weapons from Vanilla over RoI weapons? I love them and will always keep them in my vault, but I understand.

Bungie knows this and it's why they had to leave those weapons behind. Can you imagine Y3 and we're still using the weapons from Vanilla over RoI weapons? I love them and will always keep them in my vault, but I understand.

Fatebringer and Vision of Confluence GOAT

I'm so anxious to take my thesan and Epilogue into crucible for this thorn quest. Can't wait.

Hzoltan69

Need to do the 'Be the battery' part of the OP quest line on my Warlock. The one with NF, public events, pulse kills etc.
Are there any Titans and a Hunters here who need the same?

LTWood12

Weren't blue engrams capped at 280 for the entirety of year 2? I don't really see the difference in that regard.

No they were never capped at 280. They decrypted up to LL 300, when max light was 310.

mFT8B9ml.jpg

edit: Top of page! It's been awhile. Here's to Drizzay getting me through my first King's Fall around this time last year. Missing you every day old friend.
YU5sWQ0h.jpg

X-Frame

Sure, what step are on you on? I'm on be the battery (Do NF etc...) so you may be further along the quest than me. If not though and you need a warlock, let's get this done.

PSN: Talos_AI

Ahh sorry I miscommunicated -- I am already past that part with a group of a Hunter and Warlock and we are at the second to last step where it involves the raid again.

But if you look down on the same page after your post Hzoltan is looking for a group.

I've had one and I use it quite a lot. Is it supposed to be a common problem?
Pretty common when used in combination with other damage boosters. The classic was firefly with luck in the chamber. Both go off at once, hard crash. Didn't help that this combo was on The Vanity, a vendor hand cannon many people bought.

I haven't had a weapon with only firefly (raid auto, hung jury) crash on me yet.

I did crash once during the raid, after repairing the Zamboni when it destroys the final wall. I assumed it was similar to the firefly root cause; too much boom at once.

Axoman

Weren't blue engrams capped at 280 for the entirety of year 2? I don't really see the difference in that regard.

I'd say the main difference being that normal mode King's Fall recommended light was 290, and you could get to 300 with blue drops.

Now, you're 30 away from recommended light level of Wrath of the Machine with blue engrams, or 5 away via blue drops. I think blue drops should have gone to at least 370 this time around.

Mindlog

In about 90 minutes will be looking to start the 2nd part of Outbreak Prime exotic quest. Have a Titan and Warlock. Need a Hunter. Anyone interested?

Exotic Prime Quest (Nightfalls + Heroics or whatever)
1. Me (Titan)
2. Me 2 (Warlock)
3. ...... Could be you! (Hunter please.)

Ideally we would get to
Vosik
I need that step (3 boss kill) on my Hunter. If we get 6 neat, but doing it with less is pretty easy as well.

SpecX

How bad are the firefly crashes? I have the raid auto rifle with firefly and just leveled up my original vendor Hung Jury. Last thing I want is the game crashing due to me using this perk.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the post above :)

Top Bottom