• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

MrDaravon

I think you can only re-open the forge once

I'm not positive but I think I've re-opened the same forge instance twice on a Perfected fight.

More to Zoba's point, it may be partly because people don't even know that's a mechanic that exists; I certainly didn't know you could use splicer keys to open the forge if you died for like a week.

Deku Tree

hate how you pretty much don't get loot in the forge if you don't touch the boss

also what is with people sitting on their respawns instead of spawning up and using a key to reenter? perfected shanks is basically impossible when people sit there waiting to be revived.

You can get loot without damaging the boss. Loot is just rare.

If you don't have a key then you can't reenter AF.

Deku Tree

Been playing IB for a few hours in solo matchmaking. I lose every single game. Had five medallions for a long time. I'm bad at PvP but I've never played an IB that has such lopsided teams. I rarely even collect five medallions in other IB that I played. The MM Is usually solo groups vs a big team. I thought IB used to MM so that big teams were more likely to face other big teams?

Phear

Thx again to GlamFM and our Raid Team yesterday for having me and explaining the last fight. We did awesome, had a lot of fun :)

For the OP questline, i'd like to team up with a titan and a warlock today (got like the next 8 hours with nothing to do). If anyoe is interested or needs a hunter, feelf free to add me (PSN: NemesisWhip). I'm doing Iron Banner until we got a team of 3 :)

Thx again to GlamFM and our Raid Team yesterday for having me and explaining the last fight. We did awesome, had a lot of fun :)

For the OP questline, i'd like to team up with a titan and a warlock today (got like the next 8 hours with nothing to do). If anyoe is interested or needs a hunter, feelf free to add me (PSN: NemesisWhip). I'm doing Iron Banner until we got a team of 3 :)

pnnn here, I can join you with my Titan in 10mins.

I can join, I'm a warlock. Maybe I'll finish some bounties along the way.

SeanR1221

Sean et al, really sorry I couldn't stick with ya'll for the boss ;_; Did you get it done?

We decided to hold off and do some IB :)

no worries

Highlight of my night was getting a skeleton key after the nightfall and getting the strike sniper AND a relic 10 LL higher than my old one

darthbob

Never had a Matador drop for me, except for tonight when I turned in the Shaxxfall bounty.

4BArNTZ.png

It's solar, but says void, weird. Anyways, I'm really digging these perks. PvE and PvP perks on this make it a great every day shotgun. At least now I might be able to compete in Iron Banner. :lol

LiK

hate how you pretty much don't get loot in the forge if you don't touch the boss

also what is with people sitting on their respawns instead of spawning up and using a key to reenter? perfected shanks is basically impossible when people sit there waiting to be revived.

I actually didn't know about this...

Rarely died in AF and even if I did, I get revived pretty soon actually. Would be nice for me to use those keys to fill the ROI book. Are you still there? I can join on you to help.

EL CUCO

Man Bungie knocked this IB out of the park.

It's the first time it doesnt feel like a huge pointless grind. Started at 377 LL and been getting steady upgrades. Finished the night at 383 with only a couple hours of play time.

I hope this generosity carries over to Destiny 2.

I actually didn't know about this...

Rarely died in AF and even if I did, I get revived pretty soon actually. Would be nice for me to use those keys to fill the ROI book. Are you still there? I can join on you to help.

The problem is when the relics come out somebody had the bright idea of prioritizing picking up the other person's relic over reviving them. It's practically impossible

It's the first time it doesnt feel like a huge pointless grind. Started at 377 LL and been getting steady upgrades. Finished the night at 383 with only a couple hours of play time.

Ya first Iron Banner i'm enjoying. Then again I conformed and am running a shotgun because there's no reason to use a Sniper. Still haven't managed to break 50 crests though.

hydruxo

Yeah it's fantastic. Jumped from 380 to almost 386 in a few hours. The loot has been dropping left and right and its glorious. This is how Iron Banner needs to be. Rewarding and not a huge grind fest.

Zocano

I'm fine with the generous drops as long as it doesn't jeopardize the difficulty/LL scaling of hard mode + CM.

I don't want hard mode to come out and it just to be a breeze because we are on LL with the encounters. It's why I really hope that the final encounter is still 410 so we can never be "on LL".

Shito

Really like how Bungie finally made PVP less intimidating for so-so PVP players like me.
No more losing your progress on quests, the IB bounties are something I can do just by playing the game enough, and the new Shaxx weekly bounties are just about the same.
I've never played that much PVP before this extension, I'm feeling rewarded for it and it slowly gets me better at it. "Easy" bounties that are not punishing or too demanding finally me pulled me to this mode, well done!

LiK

Fuck the MM. Was matched up with just one other guy in Shield Bros Heroic Strike. Thankfully, we beat it without too much trouble.

Can only imagine what a God roll Unbent tree feels like.
I got braced frame and persistence and the thing is a bullet hose that doesn't move. Surprisingly good auto rifle with a good sized magazine.

Foxxsoxx

Ah the age old tradition of making an amazing looking auto rifle with trash stability. Even with stability perks and counterbalance this thing kicks like a fucking mule and the TTK isn't spectacular even if you do hit your shots.

Word of advice Bungie, making a weapon unusably bad with anything other than a petfect roll is bad game design. Also buffing autos a little would make going against shotguns way more tolerable...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah it's fantastic. Jumped from 380 to almost 386 in a few hours. The loot has been dropping left and right and its glorious. This is how Iron Banner needs to be. Rewarding and not a huge grind fest.

Eh... It really trivializes the raid imo. No point in running it if you can gear up so much faster in IB. In all gear based games, making the best loot easy to get is not a good thing. But that's one of my core issues with current Destiny loot. In VoG, if fatebringer dropped, you were like FUCK YES. The game hasn't had a similar moment in the two years since really. Game just rains loot. Hope they fix this in D2.

Wow, once you hit rank 5 on your main its insanely fast to level up alts to IB 5. It took me about 6 hours total on my main, went from LL 371 tLL 377 with bounties and rewards. On my alt it took under 2 hours, I turned in 3 bounties at rank 3 and ranked all the way up to 5, still have one bounty to finish off. Went from LL 369 to 377 on my alt as well.

I think overall its good, people were running the raid just to get gear and not really enjoying the raid itself, especially aksis. Hard mode will definitely have mobs at 410 or maybe even 420. With the addition of no rez's and possible new mechanics I don't think anyone will find it unchallenging for a while, but now at least people who just want to grind gear can stick to IB and people who want to raid can raid.

Can only imagine what a God roll Unbent tree feels like.
I got braced frame and persistence and the thing is a bullet hose that doesn't move. Surprisingly good auto rifle with a good sized magazine.

What would a good roll be? I have one with Braced Frame and counterbalance. Unleveled it feels like shit. I'll have to level it up and see how it feels.

Nothus

We can turn the completed bounties in straight away now, right? There's no benefit to leaving it until later in the week like in previous IBs?

Jblanks

Well went 2-15 in IB... fun stuff. Only gained maybe 2 LL after about 4 hours of playing or so. Kept getting Primary weapons that were the same LL as the one equipped.

LiK

Spent way too much time at that boss with the Ogre eye cannon. Those two Hunters were 379 and 380 kept dying to him. I almost quit that strike.

stay gold

How are the Fr0st-EE5 boots on the hunter? I was thinking of this particular NS build:

-Max INT
-Max STR
-1/2 DIS

Use the Memory of Gheleon instead of Keen Scout (keeping Shadestep), switch Graviton for Fr0st for the Melee and Grenade charge.

They're glitched at the minute (confirmed by Bungie), instead of recharging your grenade the perk sets your Discipline at Tier 0 for the rest of the game. The increased movement is really nice though, makes you feel like a CoD character in Destiny lol, they'll be good once patched.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hurricane andrew seems to want to make sure i have a date with destiny tomorrow. office closed

Will be leading B-squad IB trains all day (assuming the power stays on)
What's the best way to get a high LL ghost? Eris?
3rd raid loot checkpoint

Vanguard and Crucible packages

LiK

hurricane andrew seems to want to make sure i have a date with destiny tomorrow. office closed

Will be leading B-squad IB trains all day (assuming the power stays on)

3rd raid loot checkpoint

Vanguard and Crucible packages

You mean Matthew? Stay safe.

Nighte

Loving Supremacy iron banner even without a train.
3 games before work resulted in one mercy and 2 easy victories <3
So much more fun compared to cornercamping.

I hope destiny 2 keeps the gameplay but has as much content as destiny right now (minimum). Makes me sad that there's such little variety in enemies and things to do. Gameplay is excellent and IB is fun once you come to grips that you'll lose 9/10 matches.

Spaaaaaaaaace, Phear and me want to do the raid later today around 21 CEST to get the SIVA Control Grid parts for the Outbreak Prime quest on PSN.
Anyone else wants to raid at that time in around 10 1/2 hours?

1. Spaaaaaaaaace
2. Phear
3. throwawayname

Top Bottom