• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I would guess you and the people you have heard from are a run and gun shotgun type player, yes?

If so, you will hate Red Death. On the other hand, if you are the type of player that keeps distance between you and your enemies and can aim, you will love Red Death.

It seems a lot of popular opinions on guns come from people reiterating others poor experience with them.

Yup because Pocket Infinity is shit when you just got it. But unlock its auto fire and stability perk and its a beast.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Finished Nightfall on my third character (level 25 Titan) with some help from Gaffer - Deathjr. It was pretty easy with Ice Breaker. The only issue for me was killing those damn Psion Elites or whatever. Hate them.

Oh yeah, got 10 Ascendant Shards smh.

NextGen

I'm trying to plan ahead a little and need to finish this raid before reset. Hard at gatekeeper will be starting at 13:00hrs UK time (14 hrs from now) anyone want in as I need 4 more. Can add me now as I have app and will send invites when I get started tomorrow.
PSN Yorkie7480

rNilla

Looks like a few others in here are looking for hard raid groups.

I'm up for it but we should post our PSNs to be able to group up.

PSN is Zocano

I'm up for hard raid if you don't mind me being a level 29 Hunter. My PSN is rNilla. I have maxed weapons (VoC, AE, IB, 'horn, Hezen's Vengeance).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
B2CNIXYCMAE4s9H.jpg:large
hehe my first rumble match won with thorn, won't be the last :>
Thorn.

That true? *Doesn't matter that's what I had my Thorn set to anyway. Cool.

Really might be looking to get a build together with max handcannon perks and discipline/grenade cooldown. IF an enemy survives the initial encounter they almost always head into nearby cover to wait out the DoT. A grenade follow up makes for an easy kill.
yes, use send it.

Kalamari

psn: EvilKalamari

I could be persuaded into doing a full hardmode run even though I am only looking for gatekeepers as long as the group is experienced so confluxes don't take forever.

nowai

No.

They can aim. They're also not limited to being a "type" of player in the way you're suggesting.

Sure, that can happen.

Different strokes then.

I actually like that it's underrated and hope it stays under the radar.

People can keep dismissing it and continue using FotM Suros. ;)

Zakalwe

Banned
Yup because Pocket Infinity is shit when you just got it. But unlock its auto fire and stability perk and its a beast.

Same with TLW. It's pretty bad until you unlock stability and its signature upgrade.

Until now I've not heard anyone call Red Death "fantastic" though. Monte Carlo, Hard Light, etc... are in the same position. And I know people who can wreck face with any gun who've told me they think it's a bad weapon. This isn't just based on the general murmurings of the forum.

Of course, all of this is subjective to a point. And as I said, I'll be taking my Hard Light, Red Death, and Monte Carlo for extensive testing when they've got their sigs unlocked.

Different strokes then.

I actually like that it's underrated and hope it stays under the radar.

People can keep dismissing it and continue using FotM Suros. ;)

Regime isn't flavour of the month though, it's a legitimate beast.

I hope you're right about Red Death. Going to level it next and give it a go. Scout Rifles and Hand Cannons are my favourite pvp weapons, I'd love RD to be good.

blackjaw

Anyone raiding tonight on XB1?

I have my lvl 26 Titan that needs a fresh run, he'll be using my mains weapons (VoC, icebreaker, etc).

I'm available around 7pm PST.

todd360

I got an icebreaker from Atheon.... No game it's cool. Don't give icebreaker to the people with shit weapons. Give it to me. I will dual wield ice breakers

GutZ31

I could be persuaded into doing a full hardmode run even though I am only looking for gatekeepers as long as the group is experienced so confluxes don't take forever.

Best method for hard mode confluxes is after the spires disappear, everyone runs to the spirit bloom room and hides.
after the mobs have vanished, return to spires to protect, then rinse and repeat.

I need two people who want a nightfall kill. You need to know how to stay alive at the box cheese so I can swap out to my alt. I have the boss ready to kill. Just need you to join and let me swap. PSN = gutterboy44

NextGen

I got an icebreaker from Atheon.... No game it's cool. Don't give icebreaker to the people with shit weapons. Give it to me. I will dual wield ice breakers

Game is good like that, Killed templar earlier on hard raid and he dropped 2 Fatebringer's, nice gun and all but 1 will do, spead the love RNGeesus :)

Zocano

I'm up for hard raid if you don't mind me being a level 29 Hunter. My PSN is rNilla. I have maxed weapons (VoC, AE, IB, 'horn, Hezen's Vengeance).

I have a maxed out hunter looking for a fresh hard raid if anyone will have me.
PSN CamoKid42

Okay, time for a hard raid run.

Can all of you confirm for the group? We'd be pretty much good.

Hawkmoon should be under God Tier rank. That fucking gun was murdering people left and right the other. Some left because of that gun. Headshots left and right. Every time it shot, the sound it made was of death. Went 22-0 before I was shut down due to a mishap (I jumped a little too high and ended up going off the arena.)

There is a rare HC that is just as godly imo. I have a Painted Big Chief Mk. 45 with Rangefinder and Send It. It two-shots people from a distance, so make sure you don't automatically dismantle Crucible rewards without inspecting them. You might dismantle a rare that's worth it's weight in gold.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Red Death is excellent in PvP. Take a look on YouTube for some vids about it.
I initially thought the fire rate was too slow but after the health boost leech effect upgrade I noticed I was staying alive longer.

Thanks guys. That was way too close there, but we managed. Woot, three characters, all three with nightfalls. That is a first for me.

FUUUUUUUCK YEAH!@!# Leg heavy engram I just got from the Nightfall just decoded into BALLERHORN!!! Awesome.

Deku Tree

Thanks guys. That was way too close there, but we managed. Woot, three characters, all three with nightfalls. That is a first for me.

Yeah that was very very close... I got another prestige and a nightfall buff until Tuesday. Thanks for the invite!

FUUUUUUUCK YEAH!@!# Leg heavy engram I just got from the Nightfall just decoded into BALLERHORN!!! Awesome.

Congrats on your Horn!!!!

Zakalwe

Banned
Red Death is excellent in PvP. Take a look on YouTube for some vids about it.
I initially thought the fire rate was too slow but after the health boost leech effect upgrade I noticed I was staying alive longer.

I've not seen anything yet that suggests the gun itself is good. I've seen good players making the game seem easy with the cod rifle.

I'll reserve absolute judgement till my own RD is levelled.

Daemul

Everytime I see people list Red Death as "shit", I can't help but wonder whether they have a very different Red Death to the one I use.

Ghazi

I'm sick of this game! I just did my third nightfall and a person got the Gallarjhorn and I got ANOTHER The Chance. Thanks Bungie. Three nightfalls, three exotics THAT OTHER PEOPLE GOT. I got all future war cult weapons I already have from my three nfs. God, what garbage.

gdt

I'd love for some kind souls to carry me through the Nightfall:). I'm 26 and I can cheese by the boxes just fine. We get there we are home free. Ps4 gdt5016

Edit: the VOC I just got is bad fucking ass.

LordofPwn

FLAWLESS RAID ATTEMPTS @8PM Pacific (Bungie time) PS4

1. LordofPwn lvl 30 warlock with max hypehorn, IB, and VoC
2. DairyZeus lvl 30 Titan
3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!

Anyone doing a normal raid and need someone? I hit 27 on my Titan alt and would like to run it. I have defender maxed and plenty of fully upgraded weapons.

I also really want to try out my new, fully upgraded Fatebringer haha.

PSN: phantom8324
Thanks for your help! That was a slog at the end, but we made it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom