• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

That would depend on a chest being in there, correct? I've found that that cave does not spawn a chest very frequently

The chest which the guy in the below video uses spawns around that area often, so use that one.

If you find a resource node near the chest, pick up the node first because the chest despawns faster.

Infinite Chest respawn on Moon

theoretically it should work between any two named zones on any planet?

Yep, it will work as long as the chest/node spawn point is close to the border between any two areas.

Zakalwe

Banned
i´m lvl 14 and i started playing some crucible as a hunter.
which type of weapon should i use?
i get one shot quiet often - is that just the lvl / perk difference?

No, that's the abundance of one shot kill weapons/abilities:

Snipers
Shotguns
Fusion rifles
Supers
Grenades
Rockets

Use whatever you have stood version of. ARs, shotguns, and FRs are very strong. Lower level scout rifles and handcannons can be a bit crap.

X-Frame

That would depend on a chest being in there, correct? I've found that that cave does not spawn a chest very frequently

Yes, sometimes when you enter an area it's not ideal for this, so you have to make a few normal loops in order to find a favorable setup to make the infinite run.

theoretically it should work between any two named zones on any planet?

Yup! Though between some areas the distance to new zones is too great, so there are a few that are go-to because they're very quick to transition.

For Venus, the best place so far that I found is between The Citadel and the Waking Ruins (Raid area). For Mars, it is definitely The Barrens and The Hollows.

Cømet;138072136 said:
We won't mate, we're pro ;)

lol seriously though, yeah me too. Glitches not cool :/ Took us an hour and a half to kill Atheon on HM last night cos of the constant fucking glitches.

Cool man! We're gathering the troups now so jump in!

Changing chsrvtrrs now, do I have to change clan tsgs. Our just be a member

Just realized that I need almost 80 shards to finish leveling my gear for my Titan (FWC and a helm and chest exotic). My drive to continue playing this game is quickly falling. :(

Further thought: is it better to just not spend any shards and go for VoG gear? The thought of doing that all over again seems sickening.

One thing VoG does well is shower you with shards and energy. You can get your character to 27/28 and do normal raid until you get your 3 pieces of gear excluding the helmet. For me it took 5 normal raid runs to hit 30 but I was lucky. Some people have done 10+ raid runs and still don't have their first piece of raid armor.

NeOak

One thing VoG does well is shower you with shards and energy. You can get your character to 27/28 and do normal raid until you get your 3 pieces of gear excluding the helmet. For me it took 5 normal raid runs to hit 30 but I was lucky. Some people have done 10+ raid runs and still don't have their first piece of raid armor.
I got the Vex Mythoclast and the helmet in a cheese run.

I pay it back helping people that ask for help with the raid now that I understand it and find normal easy.

I need some hard mode runs D:

Namikaze1

Hmm. Just unlocked Triple Jump. What's so good about this?

*several Crucicle matches later*

9Icb9yf.gif

Ran out of both ass shards AND energy, so I'm mot levelling anything to max until Tuesday. :|

Got a legenfary Engram turn into a MIDA multitool, is it good when taking Vision of Confluence out of the equation?

I want one just cause scout rifles are awesome and it's the best sounding weapon in the game imo

Agent

Anyone doing a normal raid and need someone? I hit 27 on my Titan alt and would like to run it. I have defender maxed and plenty of fully upgraded weapons.

I also really want to try out my new, fully upgraded Fatebringer haha.

PSN: phantom8324

Anyone doing a normal raid and need someone? I hit 27 on my Titan alt and would like to run it. I have defender maxed and plenty of fully upgraded weapons.

I also really want to try out my new, fully upgraded Fatebringer haha.

PSN: phantom8324
We need one more on PS4 right now. Send me a friend request (PSN ID is in my profile) if you want in.

Ateron

What's gonna be the minimum lvl requirement for The Dark Below? And the recommended?

VoG was 26, 28 being recommended, right?

If 28 is the minimum, wouldn't that make 30 the recommended? How are they expecting most people to hit 30 just relying on sheer luck from Vault Drops? Did the raid like 4 times (not a lot, I know, but I can only do it once a week, despite having 2 chars) and while being lucky with the weapons (got Vengeance, VoC and Praedyth on 3 tries) I only have the raid boots yet. Yesterday a buddy of mine scored both the boots and the chest, no weapons though. We still haven't dropped Atheon, so he might have the chance to get the last piece if he's lucky. We're on different ends of the spectrum.

I cleared it more times than he, got most weapons already. He, on the other hand is having bad luck with weapons but insane luck with the armor. This kind of puts me off. I would gladly exchange Praedyth or Vengeance for the armor. I prefer lvl 30 to those weapons. I wouldn't exchange VoC for anything, though. That weapon seems to be the best raid weapon hands down. I love it, it wrecks everything.

I've read somewhere that a new pvp mode will be implemented in which you have the chance of acquiring 30light gear. Is that confirmed? It was second hand info from a buddy who's always reading destiny reddit threads. That would ease the pain to grind.

I don't mind going through the raid, it's a cool experience but my biggest hindrance so far is coordinating 5 other people, with their different schedules and social lives. We're always missing 1-2 people from our core team and it's hard to adapt to new players all the time. That is, when we can get them to join us. It's really throwing a wrench in our progression.

hydruxo

What's gonna be the minimum lvl requirement for The Dark Below? And the recommended?

VoG was 26, 28 being recommended, right?

If 28 is the minimum, wouldn't that make 30 the recommended? How are they expecting most people to hit 30 just relying on sheer luck from Vault Drops? Did the raid like 4 times (not a lot, I know, but I can only do it once a week, despite having 2 chars) and while being lucky with the weapons (got Vengeance, VoC and Praedyth on 3 tries) I only have the raid boots yet. Yesterday a buddy of mine scored both the boots and the chest, no weapons though. We still haven't dropped Atheon, so he might have the chance to get the last piece if he's lucky. We're on different ends of the spectrum.

I cleared it more times than he, got most weapons already. He, on the other hand is having bad luck with weapons but insane luck with the armor. This kind of puts me off. I would gladly exchange Praedyth or Vengeance for the armor. I prefer lvl 30 to those weapons. I wouldn't exchange VoC for anything, though. That weapon seems to be the best raid weapon hands down. I love it, it wrecks everything.

I've read somewhere that a new pvp mode will be implemented in which you have the chance of acquiring 30light gear. Is that confirmed? It was second hand info from a buddy who's always reading destiny reddit threads. That would ease the pain to grind.

I don't mind going through the raid, it's a cool experience but my biggest hindrance so far is coordinating 5 other people, with their different schedules and social lives. We're always missing 1-2 people from our core team and it's hard to adapt to new players all the time. That is, when we can get them to join us. It's really throwing a wrench in our progression.

They announced a few weeks ago that they are reworking Iron Banner so that you can get a few pieces of armor that max out at +30 light. Ideally, IB will come back end of this month but it might not be until December. If that's the case, then people will just have to keep trying their luck with VoG until Iron Banner comes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's 28 yeah. there will be at least iron banner and potentially other gear that can get you to 30 in the DLC. we don't really know yet. 29 would probably do you alright though. you can still hit 29 at the very least without any raid gear.

maybe there will even be new gear with more light available in the week before the raid unlocks? i have no idea.

Deku Tree

Cømet;138076669 said:
Question- when does the cut-off kick in for flawless? As soon as you spawn on venus, or once you open the vault?

I don't know the answer to your question... but if your already dying outside the Vault, I don't know if I would go for Flawless myself.

Cømet

Banned
Already having problems there mate?

lol someone killed themselves :p Wanted to check when it kicked in to make sure *someone fell of a ledge lol*

I don't know the answer to your question... but if your already dying outside the Vault, I don't know if I would go for Flawless myself.

lol it's not a lack of level or skill....it's that we're all under the assumption it won't affect the run and I wanna make sure. I've completed HM without dying (myself. Wipes excluded cos of others of course).

Ateron

They announced a few weeks ago that they are reworking Iron Banner so that you can get a few pieces of armor that max out at +30 light.

Oh God thank you. Thanks for the reply. Guess I will be playing more pvp from now on. I really need the gloves and either the chest or helmet (don't care which), either would be fine since I have all exotic chests/helmets for the hunter, so swapping wouldn't be a problem in order to reach 30.

On a side note, I heavily dislike what they've done to the Atheon fight. It seems they're punishing those who want to beat it legitimately. The random teleport is bs. Makes that at least 4 people know how to use the relic flawlessly, which is though titty because all the people in my team who know how to use it aren't the ideal for it. I know how to use it but have the best weapons for damaging the boss/oracles. A friend of mine is a wizz with that thing but he's also the only titan, so we need his shield to bail out when the timer reaches 3seconds left, so he's out. And the other friend also knows his stuff but has pretty good oracle damaging weapons. If the game decides to teleport the other 3 who don't have the firepower to deal with the oracles, we're screwed. Before we could plan a strategy and have the same 3 teleport. One is on relic duty, the other two with high power weapons deal with the oracles with ease, zip in, zip out, smash the boss in the face rince and repeat.

Now with all the randomness it's really hard to formulate a coherent strategy, especially in our case where we only have a steady 4 guy crew. We are always "outsourcing" 2, lol. And they take time to adjust to our playstyle everytime.

Honestly, it's nothing other than pride that's stopping us from cheesing atheon and be done with it. It's super easy if you know how to pull it off. Like I said, they're trying to punish those doing it legit instead of fixing the fucking bug that happens when you exit the timegate, or Atheon's fall to death, there's a new way to fuck him up. They just decide to add randomness to the battle. Isn't formulating and perfecting a strategy something that should be rewarded? I don't get Bungie, honestly.

Prezhulio

hmmf, haven't played for a few weeks since I've been moving into a new house.
Launched and can't connect to servers with error code marionberry.

Tried every fix Bungie.net recommended with no luck. Is this a common issue? The only thing that has changed is new internet isp, but literally every connected device and app/game on ps4 and Xbone that is online I have is working fine (actually better since its a faster connection). Kind of a bummer, really.

LordofPwn

1. LordofPwn lvl 30 warlock with max hypehorn, IB, and VoC
2. DairyZeus lvl 30 Titan
3. JayEH lvl 29 Titan

Let's fill it up!

PS4 btw
And Bungie time is Pacific

Sorry as I may have missed it, but is there a tier listing of legendary weapons and exotic weapons as to which guns are the best ones for each class? I've been looking around for them and just haven't seen any yet. Or are all of the exotic weapons and legendary weapons person specific to their preference?

Varvor

Starting 3v3 team for pvp...any one feel like ruining some ones evening by steam rolling them with mad kills?

PS4: SGamar

jeanRicK

Anybody up for doing the weekly heroic strike or the daily heroic story? Haven't had the time to play much lately, but I want to level up and get in on some of that raid goodness.

I'm a level 24 Warlock (unfortunately no mic right now)
PSN: rickylevar

lunlunqq

I propose a new trophy or challenge that I want no part of. We have the flawless raiders and the crazies that beat it with 3 Guardians. I challenge those that are extreme enough to this:

Defeat the VoG using Vita Remote Play.

All members must be on their Vitas. That would be amazing (maybe impossible).

ha
I did 2 hard and several normal raids on my Vita. I sure feel I deserve a trophy. ;)

jaaz

I have the oracle checkpoint on my 28 char, VoG Hard mode.

Does anyone want to cheese that part with me and get the 3 chests + rewards?
PS4 PSN: PewPewPewBow

Need that checkpoint for my alt! If you still have it, I'll do it with you (plus the Templar) PSN: miamijaaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom