• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Sorry as I may have missed it, but is there a tier listing of legendary weapons and exotic weapons as to which guns are the best ones for each class? I've been looking around for them and just haven't seen any yet. Or are all of the exotic weapons and legendary weapons person specific to their preference?

I'd like to preface this with a statement: the flowing is my opinion. Feel free to bicker about it or ignore it as much as you want.

This is in general, I think it would be too difficult to even try to arrange them per class.

PvE

God tier
Gjallahorn
Ice Breaker

Everything else tier
Everything not in God or Pants tier

Pants tier
Bad juju
Red Death
Super Good Advice
Monte Carlo
Hard Light
Universal Remote
Maybe MIDA multi tool, too.

The problem with most exotics in pve is that taking them means you can't take Gjallahorn or Ice Breaker.

-
PvP

For pvp it's a bit different. Exotics have more room to shine here.

God tier
SUROS Regime
Thunderlord
The Last Word

Great tier
Hawkmoon
Plan C/Pocket Infinity
Gjallahorn/Truth
Thorn
P&T

Good tier
Vex Mythoclast
Invective

Ok tier
MIDA Multi Tool
Ice Breaker (too many better options for pvp)
Universal Remote (utility might boost this higher, it being a primary)

Pants tier
Bad Juju
SGA
Hard Light
Red Death
Monte Carlo

Mindlog

Was wondering why my Thorn seemed a bit off. Double checked the perks and it was on 'perfect balance.' Well that's wrong so I set it back to 'send-it.' Next three Control matches... First place by a wide margin. K/D Over 9, 29, 26.

Normally don't quit on a hot streak like that, but it was just unfair. I used a rocket launcher for the first time in ever because it feels like almost every time I would want to use an HMG I would be better off popping heads with Thorn.

And that was on my Warlock with no reload perks.
Even Suros never felt this strong.

Thorn. It's pretty good.™

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol good post. i like the "everything else tier".

in pvp I feel like a bunch of legendaries, including vision of confluence which probably belongs in god tier, and even Rare ars, scout rifles, and hand cannons are in there somewhere. also if it's just how it is to shoot and kill and discounting the need for heavy ammo spawns/costing the exotic slot, thunderlord is its own tier in pvp.

that took a little shuffling around...
B2CBFtzCMAE7Fjs.jpg:large
let's see what it can do.

Deku Tree

Multi-tool is possibly my favorite exotic primary that I own for PvE. I fully upgraded it, and can tear through almost all of the games top tier content with it... It's like a rapid firing sniper rifle with fantastic stability and a huge mag and good damage and easy to get crits.... Might not be for everyone but Certainly not pants tier.

SkylineRKR

I have this guy in the clan, he dominates with Red Death. Doesn't flinch, gets his shield back. With ROF adjustment, I think this could be a beast. Seeing the avg performance with Pulse, a buff wouldn't be out of place.

I'd like to preface this with a statement: the flowing is my opinion. Feel free to bicker about it or ignore it as much as you want.

This is in general, I think it would be too difficult to even try to arrange them per class.

PvE

God tier
Gjallahorn
Ice Breaker

Everything else tier
Everything not in God or Pants tier

Pants tier
Bad juju
Red Death
Super Good Advice
Monte Carlo
Hard Light
Universal Remote
Maybe MIDA multi tool, too.

The problem with most exotics in pve is that taking them means you can't take Gjallahorn or Ice Breaker.

-
PvP

For pvp it's a bit different. Exotics have more room to shine here.

God tier
SUROS Regime
Thunderlord
The Last Word

Great tier
Hawkmoon
Plan C/Pocket Infinity
Gjallahorn/Truth
Thorn
P&T

Good tier
Vex Mythoclast
Invective

Ok tier
MIDA Multi Tool
Ice Breaker (too many better options for pvp)
Universal Remote (utility might boost this higher, it being a primary)

Pants tier
Bad Juju
SGA
Hard Light
Red Death
Monte Carlo

Have you used Red Death in PvP? I haven't, but I've seen it be pretty damn effective.

Today has been a good loot day of destiny for me. Did normal raid for the first time and got a chest armor piece. Did a tiger strike and got the jade rabbit insignia from a chest and got a legendary engram as a reward. The engram turned into a Gjallarhorn.

Ridli

Today has been a good loot day of destiny for me. Did normal raid for the first time and got a chest armor piece. Did a tiger strike and got the jade rabbit insignia from a chest and got a legendary engram as a reward. The engram turned into a Gjallarhorn.

Just remember to provide a burnt offering to the RNG gods as thanks.

SkylineRKR

Found Verdict? Got it but yet to use it. Just wondering.

Its beast tier. Very stable, good ROF, quick reload. I upgraded it until final round as I don't use it in PvE anyway. I think it beats Invective but Invective just looks amazing and I like how quickly it can fire shells.

The Red Death is just okay in pvp. Even though it's able to two burst people, the spread isn't tight enough for you to reliably count on doing that, and it shoots a tad bit too slow for my liking.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
first match with thorn (+ hand cannon reload speed from dustwalker gauntlets): ahahaHAHAH. I can't imagine someone who really knew what they were doing with this thing.

Cømet

Banned
Hey folks! Lost one on our raid due to time, thus looking for one more to join Destiny RaidGAF and help us complete a normal raid to get the clan raid trophy! Reply to this asap!

rNilla

Cømet;138087628 said:
Hey folks! Lost one on our raid due to time, thus looking for one more to join Destiny RaidGAF and help us complete a normal raid to get the clan raid trophy! Reply to this asap!

I'm game but need to join the clan. PSN rNilla. lecel 29 Hunter.

Man when is this jerk going to sell rare fusion rifles :/

Ditto. Got this bounty today, and I can see this being one of the most annoying ones to get rid of. I can already see it, those pesky rifles dropping while I'm in school, or on my way home, with no way of actually buying them... :/

Zakalwe

Banned
Have you used Red Death in PvP? I haven't, but I've seen it be pretty damn effective.

I have mine half upgraded. i don't see how the remaining upgrades will save it, but I'll try it again once I get around to maxing it to be certain.

Bear in mind that a great player could use a pants tier weapon and make it seem godly.

Found Verdict? Got it but yet to use it. Just wondering.

Not an exotic. :p

It's God tier though, imo. Best shotgun in the game and it leaves room for an exotic.

I'm guessing he has not.

Red Death is fantastic in pvp.

I can't see how it's fantastic at all. Again, I need to max mine to be certain but judging from my use so far and all feedback I've gathered it seems like a bottom tier weapon.

Pretty sure anyone who finds it fantastic could do even better with other exotics.

Ditto. Got this bounty today, and I can see this being one of the most annoying ones to get rid of. I can already see it, those pesky rifles dropping while I'm in school, or on my way home, with no way of actually buying them... :/

I have been waiting over a week... RNG means we could wait forever too. Best to do Tiger strikes and grind out engrams.

nowai

I have mine half upgraded. i don't see how the remaining upgrades will save it, but I'll certwinly try it again once I get around to maxing it to be certain.

Should always upgrade exotics to their special perks before forming a final opinion.

The high caliber rounds makes your opponent's screen jumble, high impact means high damage and the heal on kill makes you not have to hide after a firefight to regen health.

If you can aim and get headshots, Red Death is fantastic in pvp.

GutZ31

hmmf, haven't played for a few weeks since I've been moving into a new house.
Launched and can't connect to servers with error code marionberry.

Tried every fix Bungie.net recommended with no luck. Is this a common issue? The only thing that has changed is new internet isp, but literally every connected device and app/game on ps4 and Xbone that is online I have is working fine (actually better since its a faster connection). Kind of a bummer, really.

Have you set your PS4 to a DMZ?
This is extremely useful for people having Nat-type issues, as well as online match making problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_aaVkSxZLc

Zakalwe

Banned
Should always upgrade exotics to their special perks before forming a final opinion.

The high caliber rounds makes your opponent's screen jumble, high impact means high damage and the heal on kill makes you not have to hide after a firefight to regen health.

If you can aim and get headshots, Red Death is fantastic in pvp.

I'll reserve absolute judgement of course, but I've had feedback from very good players too.

We'll see, I really think "fantastic" is a stretch though. Regime is fantastic, are you really saying you consider Red Death on par?

chewydogg

Hoping to get into a hard raid later tonight, probably around 11 est. I have yet to do a hard raid. I cheesed hard Atheon once and got Vex and helmet. Ready to give it a shot...

PSN AdamKoy
30 Warlock

Namikaze1

Hawkmoon should be under God Tier rank. That fucking gun was murdering people left and right the other. Some left because of that gun. Headshots left and right. Every time it shot, the sound it made was of death. Went 22-0 before I was shut down due to a mishap (I jumped a little too high and ended up going off the arena.)

nowai

I'll reserve judgement, but I've had feedback from very good players too.

We'll see, I really think "fantastic" is a stretch though.

I would guess you and the people you have heard from are a run and gun shotgun type player, yes?

If so, you will hate Red Death. On the other hand, if you are the type of player that keeps distance between you and your enemies and can aim, you will love Red Death.

It seems a lot of popular opinions on guns come from people reiterating others poor experience with them.

Mindlog

Thorn.
Range Upgrade - If you're the champion of the world, don't care about a little recoil, and want to snipe people from across the moon with a pistol, this perk is probably for you. Thorn's range is already great, this perk effectively doubles it. If you use the third "scope" your range is not reduced because you're over max range at that point and you get an impact boost for free.
That true? *Doesn't matter that's what I had my Thorn set to anyway. Cool.

Really might be looking to get a build together with max handcannon perks and discipline/grenade cooldown. IF an enemy survives the initial encounter they almost always head into nearby cover to wait out the DoT. A grenade follow up makes for an easy kill.

Zakalwe

Banned
I would guess you and the people you have heard from are a run and gun shotgun type player, yes?

No.

If so, you will hate Red Death. On the other hand, if you are the type of player that keeps distance between you and your enemies and can aim, you will love Red Death.

They can aim. They're also not limited to being a "type" of player in the way you're suggesting.

It seems a lot of popular opinions on guns come from people reiterating others poor experience with them.

Sure, that can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom