• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I recently started playing again, and before I stopped I had about 15 vanguard commendations in the vault. I also have a bunch of materials from VOG. Is there any use for these materials and commendations anymore?

Assuming you're going to get ttk then save the cmendations for two weeks and then use them to increase your vanguard and faction reputation. Assuming they're 2 or above you'll get a drop of new legendary gear of some sort.

rNilla

Too bad there isn't a Year 1 Prestige so you can play through Year 2 from the beginning without deleting your character.

boofa

Neo Member
I thought so too, but when I open the game page to buy it, there's no Preorder/Purchase button:

PN2PF8K.png

I've had that happen to me before trying to do the free games from Plus on the website. Not sure what causes it, but its always worked on the console store.

Sure! This qualifies as something I enjoy and is useful to the community :p Gotta get that Grimoire.

Sure! This also qualifies, haha. I'll PvP for a bit but then be available. What time works for you?

Is there another first timer around looking to do it?

I'm another first timer looking to do it but I won't be home until 6 EST.

Haybro

I'll run one whenever if we can find a 3rd. I just know ciphers are much more common to drop on a 35 than the 34.

I should probably do something with this cipher I've had since June. I could run it with you guys if you ever need a third.

matmanx1

G&H was badly in need of a nerf. The proximity radius is so big that using machine guns just isn't viable. You don't have to aim rockets at all. Just fire across a door at an angle and you'll probably hit something. Glad to see it'll pass. It'll make tracking an interesting option, it'll increase the worth of Truth and Gjallarhorn in PvP, it'll make Machine Guns more viable.. I see no downsides.

As for Hand Cannons: they're a 3 shot kill and fire slowly and have the smallest magazines in the game. I don't think anybody has ever, ever been killed by a Legendary HC and thought "oh that was bullshit". Thorn and TLW are in a silly spot right now, but that's not indicative of the weapon class as a whole.

Thorn is a high RoF HC, but has impact in line with a mid RoF one (Word of Crota speed, Fatebringer damage). Hawkmoon is mid RoF but has impact like a low RoF one (Fatebringer speed, Timur's Lash damage). TLW fires like a goddamn auto rifle but hits like a truck. These guns have zero trade off. They need em. Understood.

But grab a Jewel of Osiris and tell me it needs fixing. Accuracy at long range? Fine, fix that. But damage? Cmon. It has TTK in line with Scouts and Pulses (slower than the good Pulse Rifles actually), low ammo count so you can't spray and pray, and feels good without being OP.

I just plain don't like other weapon classes, at all. I really hope Bungie tests the effects of their weapon tuning a little more thoroughly than they did last time they refreshed the sandbox.

Totally agree. I really don't understand nerfing an entire class of weapons because the three exotics at the top of the tree are out of balance. The percentage of the population using legendary HC's in crucible and IB must be incredibly small as compared to those using TLW/Thorn and Hawkmoon.

And for what it's worth during my couple of nights of IB during this last week I saw a lot more pulse rifles and scout rifles being used than in previous rounds. The switch to the new meta may already be under way.

just got my Elder Cipher delivered.

gasp, requires grinding the most blend mode of the game.

i will chose Lord of Wolves since it seems to have the most fun value but i think that will never touch PoE ever again for the rest of my life after that

Lord of Wolves is a riot. Hits as hard as a shotgun and fires as quickly as a sub-machinegun. At close range it melts stuff. I actually like it better than the 4th Horseman simply because of the large magazine size. Since the recovery effect is getting a nice buff I can see myself using it still once TTK drops.

I did a nightfall yesterday in the hopes that I would at least get an exotic that I didn't already have. Ended up with a 331 attack machine gun. Do people even use machine guns?

I do. All the time. I have a 365atk Against All Odds that is one of my favorite weapons for Crucible. And I certainly got killed by MG's enough during this last IB.

Not seeing very many HoW weapons in pvp, yeah yeah I know which exotics are the best to use, but has regular crucible really just mutated into everyone using the best/cheapest weapons and tactics to win? I could understand the desperation in places like trials but these people seriously don't get tired of using Thorn or the Last Word? Was having a grand time with the queen breaker in Crucible last night. I just can't take the crucible seriously enough to always run in with the top weapons. I want to have a bit of fun.

I actually switched to a Spare Change pulse rifle with my Lord of Wolves as my secondary and Against All Odds MG for the latter part of this past IB. It required a slight adjustment to my play style as opposed to using TLW but it sure was fun. I look forward to many viable combos of weapons in 2.0 and I hope that things will be relatively balanced with nothing too overpowered or underpowered.

Frostburn

I know the stream is happening really soon but I've got HM VoG about to start up and need another player or two. Please feel free to join us, US-Frostburn

phen0m24

Has anyone ever had the PS4 issue where it tells you to reinstall the software from a USB stick? wtf

I'm sorry but who are you. Do you play games? You almost look familiar. Didn't you used to have a squishy 29 Hunter? ;)

Of course I have an Xbox 1. I've had XBL since the original Xbox. I'm not some console fanboy. Plus how else am I gonna play Halo? Riddle me that Colonel Variks Schwarzenegger-Hill0Corn. I didn't take on 4th, 5th, & 6th Guardians and forget about old friends :(

Something tells me if Grim lived next door we would be buds. :)

Top Bottom