• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Lnkn52

KiRXqN8da6-TGUeozQTSVTR679WMY3A_iH_FePB5WN6E8eERZyyJjMkdX5CnteRAaveZKUOD-x3wSMTpYf3TZj0uebgwqVF1KytIa8Hb9lh0BToGmw0capceCJW6=s0-d-e1-ft

SOON™

kidko

Watched the Halo 5 intro- looked great of course, but that kind of thing only leaves me let down afterwards... like, here's this amazing action that's 100x more dynamic and interesting and exciting than anything you're about to actually do with your character. Maaaaaybe if Platinum Games did it could it be anywhere close to that vid.

OTOH, Destiny just shows me some gameplay and I get hype and know I'll actually be doing the stuff they're showing me. Shows just how much a leap forward Destiny is from Halo... as it should be, it's their next thing. I can't help but feel they (edit: MSFT) really dropped the ball letting Destiny and BNG slip away.

GOD DAMN.

then the damn PS4 limited edition bundle needs to be at my door days before the release of Taken king!

Yeah hopefully it gets shipped early because psn download speeds are bad even if your Internet is good. If you weren't getting the bundle I'd recommend renting the bases game and installing it so you get upcoming patches as they are released but obviously that won't work in your case. The bundle looks really pretty though.

Yeah hopefully it gets shipped early because psn download speeds are bad even if your Internet is good. If you weren't getting the bundle I'd recommend renting the bases game and installing it so you get upcoming patches as they are released but obviously that won't work in your case. The bundle looks really pretty though.

Yeah it looks awesome!

I already paid for the Taken King DLC.. so I have two taken king now haha. Will give my brother the copy that comes with the Bundle most probably, especially if it arrives late to my door step.

Was going to pick this up until I saw that it wasn't wireless and had no headphone jack for chat. Post a review when you can! Still tempted aside from those two flaws.
No headphone jack? Damn, was interested too, but that's a dealbreaker. Wonder why they would skimp on that.

Thank god I'm just getting a PS4 and TTK for three alts so I can play my XBO mains while all this new shit downloads lmao

X-Frame

Damnit one of the brokers here asked if I was free for meeting at 2 PM EST to call a client. Seriously what timing!

"Uhhhh...actually I can't from 2-3, but would be happy to join you before or after."

darknil

So before the thread gains speed because of the stream I wanted to ask, any headsets you recommend for PS4 that are not more than $70?

I have some old Turtle Beach PX5 but I grew tired of wireless headsets because of battery and interference. I was looking for the PS Silver headset, but everyone complains against that. I'd prefer one that connects directly to the console instead of the controller, but I'm ok with either.

Any thoughts?

DjRalford

So before the thread gains speed because of the stream I wanted to ask, any headsets you recommend for PS4 that are not more than $70?

I have some old Turtle Beach PX5 but I grew tired of wireless headsets because of battery and interference. I was looking for the PS Silver headset, but everyone complains against that. I'd prefer one that connects directly to the console instead of the controller, but I'm ok with either.

Any thoughts?

The Sony gold headset is brilliant imo

Awesome sound
Great functions
Good battery life
Wireless

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn. I want one of those badly. Where did you get yours from? Please report back with a review!!!

Edit: screw it, bought one from Amazon.
yeah I just went amazon. prime 2stronk.
Man I'm tempted to try this, but I just hate the thought of a long-ass cord stretched from the TV to the couch.
Yeah I hear that. I'm very lucky with my projector setup, my PS4 is literally next to the couch rather than under the TV, so the cord doesn't bother me at all. I actually play with my pad plugged into USB most of the time currently unless I'm piping to a screen somewhere out of the living room.

LTWood12

Yeah I hear that. I'm very lucky with my projector setup, my PS4 is literally next to the couch rather than under the TV, so the cord doesn't bother me at all. I actually play with my pad plugged into USB most of the time currently unless I'm piping to a screen somewhere out of the living room.

Yeah that would help a lot. Though I'm surprised Mr. Sword School himself plays on a projector. Anytime I've ever tried it the input lag was unbearable.

stb

No headphone jack? Damn, was interested too, but that's a dealbreaker. Wonder why they would skimp on that.

I *think* it's because the controller audio only works over bluetooth, period; it doesn't go over the USB cable. Since there's no wireless, there's no controller audio, hence there being no headset jack.

Dave_6

For sure. First timers always get priority but if I've ever doing a run with a vacancy we'll get you in there.

No problem, I understand. If you have an open spot one night just post or send me a PSN message (I'm DaveS78)

Thanks for joining us last night, Frenden! Unfortunately, I got NAT issues with you within 10 seconds of you joining, so we didn't get to chat at all.

Anyway, Tuesday night raiding - Victory Lap Edition:

That was really fun last night, but it always is! Haven't ran a full VoG in months and it was nice to do that. Finally got my Warlock gloves even though they have a shit roll.

Granted I'm a 34 but I was proud of that Crota kill! Wasn't expecting it to go that well at all lol.

rNilla

Any thoughts?

A lot of people around here (including me) use the Sony Golds. If you can find them for around $70 they're a pretty good buy. I think they're just "OK" but most people that use them love them. Unfortunately they can break easily if you aren't too careful. I think a few people have had the plastic housing crack from wear.

Any difference while playing with new the Hori FPS pad?

Guess I am not playing Destiny anymore. The PS4 is unplugged and going into storage soon. Back to working and studying since monday.

Dalek

I only have one Triumph left! Defeat Skolas.

I'm level 34, never fought him before-will I easily be able to find some folks tonight to take him down? And also-how long will it take?

I'm level 34, never fought him before-will I easily be able to find some folks tonight to take him down? And also-how long will it take?

depends if you take two exp. player with you can get it done in under 2h otherwise it probably takes quite a bit longer.

Frenden

Banned
No problem, I understand. If you have an open spot one night just post or send me a PSN message (I'm DaveS78)

That was really fun last night, but it always is! Haven't ran a full VoG in months and it was nice to do that. Finally got my Warlock gloves even though they have a shit roll.

Granted I'm a 34 but I was proud of that Crota kill! Wasn't expecting it to go that well at all lol.

Yeah, man. That Crota kill was clean as could be. Smoooth sailing.

X-Frame

Any thoughts?

I vote as well for the Sony Gold's. They're $100 though last I checked but you may be able to find them cheaper.

I love them for Destiny as as far as I know the mic quality is good, they're super comfortable and Destiny has its own audio profile so really all the sound effects come to life with these on.

Frenden

Banned
I vote as well for the Sony Gold's. They're $100 though last I checked but you may be able to find them cheaper.

I love them for Destiny as as far as I know the mic quality is good, they're super comfortable and Destiny has its own audio profile so really all the sound effects come to life with these on.

Yeah. I love my Golds. Also, they make using a third party pad like the Hori FPS Plus viable--no worries about the lack of a headphone jack.

NastyBook

Run it with Drizzay. I don't see you being in there longer than 90 minutes if you do.

Top Bottom