• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Jinjo

The bridge cheese, is that the "half the team jumps across, the other team dies"?

But I see, maybe there is hope for me, then! Maybe I should try the LFG sites - or keep a lookout in this thread, haha.
I'm from EU, though, so not sure how many others there are.

No it's where everyone hides in the far corner of the back room and it despawns all the enemies on the lower side and spawns the ogres up top. It was the easiest cheese ever lol.

Deku Tree

First order of business when patch 2.0 drops;
Blue Gear Raid

You are only allowed to use blue armor, and weapons throughout the raid.

Probably try Crota normal first to get a baseline of how bad light effects damage.

Datto did a test at level 40. If you are 40 light below an enemy's light and you do zero damage to them. 39 light below an enemy and you can damage them. Presumably the damage scaling penalty is gradual with each light point... If you are the same light as an enemy or higher then you do full damage to them. Otherwise your damage is affected by your weapons type, it's attack stat and your enemies defense.

Edit: oh and Blue TTK gear is going to be more powerful than year one gear so you will be more OP in the old raids with blue gear than with year one OP gear.

Silvard

How much better is Tripod over Clown Cartridge for a god roll rocket launcher?

I got this Radegast's roll with my last bit of glimmer:

Aggressive Launch
Clown Cartridge
Javelin
Grenades & Horseshoes.

I have 5000 XP bounties competed in each character ready to turn in once TTK content is unlocked but I was just informed they will be auto turned in on the 8th when 2.0 hits? Is this correct? I thought only exotic and elder chipper bounties would auto complete on the 8th?

Kyoufu

I have 5000 XP bounties competed in each character ready to turn in once TTK content is unlocked but I was just informed they will be auto turned in on the 8th when 2.0 hits? Is this correct? I thought only exotic and elder chipper bounties would auto complete on the 8th?

Only Exotic bounties, yes.

Avixph

As long as the bounties are finished they will not be scrapped, that only applies to incomplete non exotic bounties.

KxoZz

How much better is Tripod over Clown Cartridge for a god roll rocket launcher?

I got this Radegast's roll with my last bit of glimmer:

Aggressive Launch
Clown Cartridge
Javelin
Grenades & Horseshoes.

That's what I have on my Radegast's and I love it. Clown Cartridge procs quite frequently. Getting 7 Rockets out of a Heavy ammo crate is awesome in PvP, provided you stay alive long enough.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Who do I see about converting all these Ascendant energies and shards? Only weapon from Raid I have to upgrade is Fatebringer and I'm not too bothered about that.

hydruxo

What do you get for completing the triumph thing?

This emblem:

destinyyearoneimage-555x124.jpg

Silvard

That's what I have on my Radegast's and I love it. Clown Cartridge procs quite frequently. Getting 7 Rockets out of a Heavy ammo crate is awesome in PvP, provided you stay alive long enough.

Not worth rerolling imo.

I see. I actually got it in 80 rerolls so it's not that bad, and I think maybe Tripod doesn't go as well with the Radegast's RoF. On reddit they're stated to be equivalent, but different, god rolls. For some reason I believed that Tripod gave you extra rockets too.

As an aside, what's a better base sniper: Efrideet's Spear, Low Grade Humility, Her Benevolence or [Insert another sniper here]?

Shotgun: Felwinter's Lie (current version), Matador 64, Party Crasher +1 or [Insert another shotgun here]

How about machine guns or primary weapon recommendations?

About why I'm doing this: it seems reforging is going away with TTK, which means that its weapons' perks will be at the mercy of RNG. For IB and ToO I don't have a choice, but it doesn't sit well with me for regular crucible matches. If year 1 weapons indeed to scale for regular crucible then I want to build a set of weapons with competitive perks now that I can, even if they're useless outside of it.

So DGAF

I'm thinking about hoping on this game again even though I quit early one in Vanilla. Thing is tho, I'm also in the market for a Xbox One cuz I need Halo 5. I originally played Destiny on PS4, but I aint paying for two online subscriptions, fuck that. So I think I'm just gonna start over in Destiny on the Xbox One.

Do I need this Dark Below/House of Wolves DLC or do I just get TTK? I heard the first two DLC were kinda ass and nobody probably playing the raid no more, so I wanted to be sure. There's a deal on Xbox Ones that gets you Destiny for free, so I just get that and pay the $40 for TTK instead of $60 for the Legendary Edition.

And ya'll got Xbox One clans and shit right? Seeing a lot of PSN tags around here

vivftp

I dunno if it's been asked, but with the new systems coming into place is there any point in upgrading with the various factions to the point where they are just ready to roll over? I've already done it as it's a habit from the previous DLCs but I am curious if it will really matter

So DGAF

I'm thinking about hoping on this game again even though I quit early one in Vanilla. Thing is tho, I'm also in the market for a Xbox One cuz I need Halo 5. I originally played Destiny on PS4, but I aint paying for two online subscriptions, fuck that. So I think I'm just gonna start over in Destiny on the Xbox One.

Do I need this Dark Below/House of Wolves DLC or do I just get TTK? I heard the first two DLC were kinda ass and nobody probably playing the raid no more, so I wanted to be sure. There's a deal on Xbox Ones that gets you Destiny for free, so I just get that and pay the $40 for TTK instead of $60 for the Legendary Edition.

And ya'll got Xbox One clans and shit right? Seeing a lot of PSN tags around here

VIEWT!!! You and me on the Box, Baby!!!!

GT: KidInsomnia

You should/need to get the Legendary $60 edition that comes with everything. You can't play TTK w/o the other two expansions.

So DGAF

You will have to own TDB and HoW in order to play TTK.

So DGAF

You need to get the legendary, as you require all Dlc to play the Taken King, as some missions relate to characters that are Dlc specific, aka Eris and Petra. And I think there are at least some poor souls with Xbox Ones around here :p

Top Bottom