• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Hedge

If I'm a new lvl 32 player, how realistic is Crota for a player who has never raided before? I reeeally want the Glowhoo for my lock one day. :x

If I'm a new lvl 32 player, how realistic is Crota for a player who has never raided before? I reeeally want the Glowhoo for my lock one day. :x

Got to beat in on HM. I could probably get a group together later that would run you through it. There aren't any revives so you might end up watching more than playing. If that isn't a concern, happy to do it.

Hedge

Got to beat in on HM. I could probably get a group together later that would run you through it. There aren't any revives so you might end up watching more than playing. If that isn't a concern, happy to do it.

That is not a concern at all. I am pretty new to that type of content - I just don't want to be a burden, but I'm also afraid I'll never get it done after TTK releases, due to it being old.
Does it require a microphone, or is listening enough?

Arrrammis

Not bad at all, most of us were lvl. 30 when we jumped in to CE for the first time! I'd recommend doing normal mode first so you can get the feel of the raid and can be revived since its your first time, but glowhoo drops on hard, so it's really up to you.

Gordon

That is not a concern at all. I am pretty new to that type of content - I just don't want to be a burden, but I'm also afraid I'll never get it done after TTK releases, due to it being old.
Does it require a microphone, or is listening enough?
If you can follow instructions and you have a decent player leading, it's a cakewalk. If you just want glowhoo you can lfg a crota cp and be done with it in 10 minutes lol Crota's kind of a joke.

Simo

Simo I sent you a FR.

Ah crap. Won't be able to play. Skolas usually takes a while I think and I don't have the time now that I look @ it

No worries. Hit me up tonight if ya like and we can run through it. Just trying to get a friend to level 34 right now.

Hedge

If you can follow instructions and you have a decent player leading, it's a cakewalk. If you just want glowhoo you can lfg a crota cp and be done with it in 10 minutes lol Crota's kind of a joke.

I've watched playthroughs of it before, and I believe I can do as commanded. :p
I might have to try a LFG site, if they'll accept a lvl 32. Most are 34 I can see.

Gordon

I've watched playthroughs of it before, and I believe I can do as commanded. :p
I might have to try a LFG site, if they'll accept a lvl 32. Most are 34 I can see.
34 only matters for PoE 34/35 and crucible modes where level advantages are enabled. If you're >30 you're over-qualified for Crota. And unless you're running lead or trying to play everything legit, 2/3 of the fireteam can basically just sit on their asses for 90% of the raid. All you really have to do is shoot two ogres at extreme range and fire like three rockets at crota. The real "boss" of CE is the bridge cheese jump lol (and frankly even those are all optional - two decent players can clear the entire raid themselves - it's just a little faster with extra firepower)

Anybody who's demanding 34 for crota either doesn't know what they're doing or they're trying to ask for experienced players in a roundabout and ineffective way.

Don't forget to update the GAFclans link as well :p

Haha yeah I know, been slacking ;_; Skolas and Trials have been taking up all my Destiny time, haven't done as much for the thread as I'd like. Soon though, soon.

Apologies to Skolas first timers, I've been prioritizing Trials this weekend since its going away for awhile on Tuesday and we still have until Sept 14 for Skolas.

Hedge

34 only matters for PoE 34/35 and crucible modes where level advantages are enabled. If you're >30 you're over-qualified for Crota. And unless you're running lead or trying to play everything legit, 2/3 of the fireteam can basically just sit on their asses for 90% of the raid. All you really have to do is shoot two ogres at extreme range and fire like three rockets at crota. The real "boss" of CE is the bridge cheese jump lol (and frankly even those are all optional - two decent players can clear the entire raid themselves - it's just a little faster with extra firepower)

The bridge cheese, is that the "half the team jumps across, the other team dies"?

But I see, maybe there is hope for me, then! Maybe I should try the LFG sites - or keep a lookout in this thread, haha.
I'm from EU, though, so not sure how many others there are.

Is there a reason the Fallen and Cabal never encounter each other?

They're actually allies

kappa.png

If it's not too much of a bother can I get a shot to go to the lighthouse gotta at least get there once.

Bogue, may I join you guys for one of the runs? I know I mostly just lurk this thread usually, and I'm probably the worst person here for PvP, but... I'd really like to take a good solid stab at getting to Mercury before Year One ends.

After finishing up my Triumphs last night and picking up all of the retiring Grimoire cards this week, it's the only thing left on my "Destiny To Do" before 2.0 drops.

later I will be up for some Trials but LOL, I never went to the light house

About to fire it up again, but we've already got 2 first timers in the queue now. Not sure about Wicked but I can keep going for awhile yet today if he's available. If you're still around in a couple hours we could probably keep doing some runs.

Firthy

I really need help with Skolas too (first timer) if anyone can help? PSN is firthy01 and would be much appreciated, it's all I need for my moments or triumph, thanks!

Ambitious

Something's wrong with the R2 trigger of my brand-new DS4. Fucking hell. There's a bit of initial resistance (as if it were sticky), but when you keep pressing past that point, it's way too loose. And I remember at least one instance where it didn't seem to register my press.

Gonna send it back. Fortunately, the white DS4 is in stock now. When I ordered this new DS4 like two weeks ago, they didn't have the white one, so I went with the standard black one.

vid

About to fire it up again, but we've already got 2 first timers in the queue now. Not sure about Wicked but I can keep going for awhile yet today if he's available. If you're still around in a couple hours we could probably keep doing some runs.

Cool, thank you so much! You guys are doing the Traveller's work today.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I have an exotic helm and used an etheric light from Iron Banner to upgrade my boots, so I have two 42 armor pieces, the problem is my other armor pieces are weak ones from raids and the Vanguard vendor, and the armor core I got from poe32 is only for boots (which I've already put an etheric light into). Maybe if I max out my armor I can get to 33 and try to do a 34 PoE to get the weapon core for that random box Variks gives out. We'll see, wish me luck.

This is what it says on my triumph page:
WejDJCz.png
They extended it to the 14th

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are no dailies or weeklies next week during the Crucible preview event. They really want people to try it out.
I missed that. Kinda nuts. Can't be having me actually get Celestial Nighthawk before the loot table is expanded now can we :'(

I will be around later for sure and thanks for the work you guys do.

So last night it took me 58 minutes to find a Trials group on xbox lfg (since everyone checks stats and mine aren't great). Finally my 12th or so message, someone actually replied back. They just said LF1M with no requirements so I'm always going to try those.

I hit a gem of an lfg group. They were cool people that obviously knew each other calling themselves by their first name. And they were like-minded that dislikes Thorn blinking shotgunners and we got along well.

1st ticket, 4-1 so we refreshed. 2nd ticket, 9-0 including a 0-4 comeback and 0-3 comeback. And my reward, the one I've been looking for the entire trials on ps4:

PC3BBj7h.jpg

I'm always in awe when I run into a cool group on lfg especially xbox since most of the time it's kids. Only the 2nd time in all of my random lfg trials groups.

Tonight or tomorrow, I want to take my Warlock for final trials.

Jinjo

COO8aZZUcAAd2jj.jpg

Cleaned up and ready for year 2. (I replaced the black wax idols with the 5 treasure keys on my Hunter after this shot.)

Why would you do this? Bungie specifically said to keep all your old legendary armor and weapon until the taken king releases, as it will determine your new level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ibh3SLqwHc

Tribute to Year 1 vets. Cheese me off the ledge with solar grenades if old.

What a year it's been. Part of me misses the early Destiny days lol. Even though the Crota raid and al the changes then weren't all that great that was probably my favourite part of the year. Levelled up two alts completely in that time and got them all to 32. Definitely the time I played Destiny most.

Looking forward to run the raid first time with you guys again. Thank god it actually releases on a friday now.

GutZ31

First order of business when patch 2.0 drops;
Blue Gear Raid

You are only allowed to use blue armor, and weapons throughout the raid.

Probably try Crota normal first to get a baseline of how bad light effects damage.

The bridge cheese, is that the "half the team jumps across, the other team dies"?

But I see, maybe there is hope for me, then! Maybe I should try the LFG sites - or keep a lookout in this thread, haha.
I'm from EU, though, so not sure how many others there are.

Let me know if you can't find a team soon'ish, I'll help you out with crota.

Psn: ruthlesbarbarian

Top Bottom