• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Worked up a color sketch of my Titan as he stands at the end of year one. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out completing the last few task for triumphs!

PSN: AdmiralMidget

Titan_zpsi81wmjqs.jpg

Daemul

The craziness and hype during launch got to me and I purchased the Guardian Edition digitally. Didn't even care about Destiny lol...now look at me.

Man even I got caught up in the hype. I wasn't going to buy it either but the pre-hype threads persuaded me to take the plunge. Looking back it's no surprise that the backlash was a big as it was, the hype for the game was so huge that nothing short of masterpiece level would have been satisfactory.

Weekly activities have been sacrificed next week for new TTK multiplayer maps and gametypes. I hope you enjoy lag.

Meh, more fodder for me to wipe up.
. Atleast until the lag becomes unbearable lol

Mandelbo

Also, was there a new weapon type confirmed for TTK? Presumably, since you can use weapons from expansions without owning the expansions, people who aren't getting TTK yet will be able to use the new weapon type too, right?

GhaleonEB

Dunno if this has been posted, 2.0 Mercy Rule.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13473

teabag if old.

I saw that the other day. I hope they pull it in a bit, looks like it will only apply to the worst ~2% or so of games. I'd have drawn the line at 10k+ for the roll out.
Also, was there a new weapon type confirmed for TTK? Presumably, since you can use weapons from expansions without owning the expansions, people who aren't getting TTK yet will be able to use the new weapon type too, right?

The major new weapon type is swords, equipped to the heavy slot. The only way to get them is to run a TTK quest line get get each. There are also a lot of new side arms, apparently.

I ran 50 dragon strikes this weekend to see if I could get Hopscotch before the chance goes away for good. Got some legendary armor engrams, and a few new legendaries (KAU8 and Dry Rot 32) but no Hopscotch.

Best load out for strikes seems to be VoC + Surplus Efrideet / Black Hammer + Gjallarhorn. I tried some other load outs for variety early on, including HardLight, Vestian Dynasty, Universal Remote, and Hezen Vengeance, but Gjallarhorn makes stuff go such much faster and not having to repeatedly pull the trigger on VoC is really good just to save on fatigue.

May run some more later today but I suspect I won't be getting that hopscotch.

Gordon

Swords?
I doubt they'll be equippable for non-TTK owners though. I mean it's not like there are any sidearms available without HoW, right?

So, for me to finish my Moments of Triumph, I'd need to do both raids and Prison on hard, as well as finish HoW story content. Is this doable in an evening? I suspect not, but a man's gotta have hope.

Gordon

I ran 50 dragon strikes this weekend to see if I could get Hopscotch before the chance goes away for good. Got some legendary armor engrams, and a few new legendaries (KAU8 and Dry Rot 32) but no Hopscotch.

Best load out for strikes seems to be VoC + Surplus Efrideet / Black Hammer + Gjallarhorn. I tried some other load outs for variety early on, including HardLight, Vestian Dynasty, Universal Remote, and Hezen Vengeance, but Gjallarhorn makes stuff go such much faster and not having to repeatedly pull the trigger on VoC is really good just to save on fatigue.

May run some more later today but I suspect I won't be getting that hopscotch.
I got mine on PoE 28 - they seem to drop a bit more often there

GhaleonEB

So, for me to finish my Moments of Triumph, I'd need to do both raids and Prison on hard, as well as finish HoW story content. Is this doable in an evening? I suspect not, but a man's gotta have hope.

Not really, but they extended the deadline to the 14th, so there's time.

Anastasis

I'm too lazy to get those grim cards before they're gone.

The wanted ones? Yeah, they were a bit of a pain. But I had nothing else I really felt like doing last night. But what a pain pulling grimoire up on my phone and comparing what I had done with the full list on another website.

It was kind of cool finding places I didn't know existed where they placed some of the lower teir ones.

todd360

Not really, but they extended the deadline to the 14th, so there's time.

There are so many people doing this late. Bungie hath showed mercy.

The wanted ones? Yeah, they were a bit of a pain. But I had nothing else I really felt like doing last night. But what a pain pulling grimoire up on my phone and comparing what I had done with the full list on another website.

It was kind of cool finding places I didn't know existed where they placed some of the lower teir ones.

I probably would have done it, but I look at my ps4 menu and see metal gear solid 5 and pick that. New great game or destiny points that don't do anything. Its not a hard choice.

Yeah I went to the place outside Temple of Crota and had literally no idea that was there...I've woken the hive a LOT and never seen it :)

Also the fallen Captain in Dock 13 - I must have run through there 30+ times since HoW dropped and not seen him once!

Maybe that says more about my observational skills than I should admit...

Gordon

Yeah I went to the place outside Temple of Crota and had literally no idea that was there...I've woken the hive a LOT and never seen it :)

Also the fallen Captain in Dock 13 - I must have run through there 30+ times since HoW dropped and not seen him once!

If you start up a new character and go into Dock 13 to grab a few kills for a beacon or something you notice that captain real quick lol I can't understand why Bungie keeps dropping "darkness zone" level baddies into areas where brand new characters need to do stuff. Before HoW it was the level 20 acolytes in Mothyards with that blade spawn. That was really aggravating trying to run cosmodrome patrols and getting crossmapped by an acolyte for no apparent reason.

Anastasis

One day I was running patrols and put on a bunch of green armor to level. One of those captains absolutely wrecked me!

xPhinehas

Let me know if people are getting a group together for Skolas. He's the last thing I need for my Triumps. Tried for over 3 hours last night but I'm not giving up!

Wow, genuinely surprised you never noticed the queenbreaker captain. When I started a new character to chase the guardian lord trophy, that guy became the bane of my lowbie existence...always had to sprint through dock 13 to avoid being one shot.

I was thinking he was one of the reasons Bungie is pulling the wolf patrols; too many new players will arriving with ttk, and being murdered by high level fallen while wandering around earth on patrol isn't a good first impression.

Klyka

Banned
Man,so this is the last day for ages to get to Mercury huh?

Would anyone be willing to try and bring me there tonight?
It is literally the last piece of content I have not seen in the game yet.

NeoRausch

Huh, having a super spotty connection to the d Destiny servers right now.
Never had that problem before (beside releases).

An I the only one?

Edit:

Jeez! Now it even kicked me. Well I'm gonna search for "caterpillar"....

Mandelbo

The major new weapon type is swords, equipped to the heavy slot. The only way to get them is to run a TTK quest line get get each. There are also a lot of new side arms, apparently.

Swords?
I doubt they'll be equippable for non-TTK owners though. I mean it's not like there are any sidearms available without HoW, right?

Yeah,
swords.
Shame they're putting the weapon type behind the expansion, but understandable. Thanks.

Top Bottom