• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

I just rememberd I have a copy of this but never actually played it.

Should I go on my own for a whole playthrough before getting into co-op or is it recommended from the start?

Torkith

TBQH, the +500 INT bonus on the Wizard sets is not worth prioritizing over something like Pox Faulds, Mirrorball, Ice Climbers, or any of the other quality items out there, and especially not over the +/- dmg to and from elites on sets like Aughild's and Blackthorne's.

Ah, seemed like it was a smart move. Thanks again.

Jubs

Question about the Holy Shotgun build.

If you get decent CDR rolls off all the pertinent gear - weapon, shield, rings, gloves, shoulders, gem in helm, paragon points - is that enough to achieve 55% CDR, or close to it? Or would I need Captain Crimson's to make up the difference? I've noticed a lot of holy shotgunners equipping it for the 2 set bonus, and right now, I rather avoid spending the time farming for the CC mats and farming for a RoRG if I can.

Lain

Only good drop of the day, a pair of Ice Climber, came from the faithful ring gob. That little dude is so nice.

Baliis

Question about the Holy Shotgun build.

If you get decent CDR rolls off all the pertinent gear - weapon, shield, rings, gloves, shoulders, gem in helm, paragon points - is that enough to achieve 55% CDR, or close to it? Or would I need Captain Crimson's to make up the difference? I've noticed a lot of holy shotgunners equipping it for the 2 set bonus, and right now, I rather avoid spending the time farming for the CC mats and farming for a RoRG if I can.

I think you could probably get it without too much trouble, I'm at 50% with the set currently, but I could still pick up ~5 more between my shoulders and shield, no CDR on either ring, and no CDR on my glove. Picking up those would give me a ton extra even without crimsons if you wanted to do like, aughilds or something instead.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I just rememberd I have a copy of this but never actually played it.

Should I go on my own for a whole playthrough before getting into co-op or is it recommended from the start?

If you enjoy figuring things out I'd recommend playing through solo. You'll get to experience more stuff than if you just read up on what's best.

The other end of the spectrum is to join the Power Leveling community - you can hit level 70 in a few hours. Just depends on if you like the process or just want to catch up.

Ultratech

Did a few rifts with the Witch Doctor community earlier, hoping to do some loot sharing.
(Funny enough, I had legs dropping like crazy.)

Unfortunately, nobody seemed to get anything good.

That was until I scored this beauty:

hTHe4AT.png

Just gotta reroll that Area Damage to CHD, and it'll be awesome.

(Sorta wished it rolled Fire Damage, but Physical is good too.)

jblank83

If I want to do a Vyr Archon build, should it include the chest so I can fit Captain Crimson set in?

Captain Crimson has belt, boots, and pants and the bonus is done with 2 pieces. Vyr has pants, boots, chest, and gauntlets and the bonus can be done with 3 pieces. So mix and match based on what your best Vyr items are. My Vyr set uses gloves, chest, boots along with crimson belt and pants. Also Aughild bracer/helm and Born's shoulder/sword.

Stacking elemental damage is nice but not critical. I don't consider it important to keep magefist or cindercoat, given archon's strength. You can still stack +element with SoJ, bracer, and amulet.

You'll also want to look into Born's set with sword and shoulders. Sword with 10% cooldown and set bonus of 10% is big.

This is assuming you want max cooldown. If you just want strong archon as a backup for particularly tough packs, then you don't really need crimson or much of anything else. I think that's perfectly viable, given that trash doesn't need archon and most elite/champ packs don't either.

Thanks. Getting elemental damage seems pretty similar to my DH with 6-piece, only SOJ, bracer and amulet. Hopefully I get a MLW at some point, really bored of fire. I'll gamble chests and hopefully come across either Vyr pants or boots. I've seen all the DH set items drop at some point outside of Marauder chest with some regularity (since last patch). Hopefully that carries over here.

The Cowboy

I went this way with my Archon build.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TheCowboy-2318/hero/47866

I tried it with fire by swapping the Vyr's chest to boots and putting a Cindercoat on with fire bracers & fire ring, but as there is still some Archon downtime (just over 20 seconds) i just couldn't pass up the Ice Climbers for stun immunity. Currently I'm trying to get Gloves of Wisdom to get Archon to a 2 second cooldown (using 10 minute CD shrines), I'm also trying to get the Crimson boots/belt to get the extra CDR to give me around 15 seconds cooldown (finding it hard to get the crafting ingredient though).

The build works out quite well as it hits hard when Archon is up (especially with the belt bonus), and during the Archon downtime i get a perma 25% damage reduction using safe passage as my teleport has a 5 second CD (as such i can kite around very easily).

I really want the GoW though - they just don't want to drop..
-
Once they fix Slow time again (so we can have multiple bubbles), i think I'll try moving things around a bit (moving the Vry's chest to Vry's boots and moving the Bane's sword to Bane's chest), this way i can keep all the cooldown reduction and add in my gesture of Orpheus wand (+arcane damage and +75% CDR on Slow time) so i can have even more Arcane damage and loads of stunning bubbles during Archon downtime.

Playing my DH, green helm drops "awesome I hope it's Marauder's!! It doesn't look like Natalya's!!" continues to ID. (You have looted Akkhan's helm)

Me: "Fuck this game"

What's even worse is I really thought it was Marauder's because the art is similar on both. I don't even have a crusader, I've had this happen before with weapons like a 1h crossbow with Danetta's on my wizard or BK blades. I thought that was just because it was a 1h xbow or mighty weapon.

I didn't know it could do it with normal set items as well ;_;

I really thought it was Marauder's too :(

Grampasso

Playing my DH, green helm drops "awesome I hope it's Marauder's!! It doesn't look like Natalya's!!" continues to ID. (You have looted Akkhan's helm)

Me: "Fuck this game"

What's even worse is I really thought it was Marauder's because the art is similar on both. I don't even have a crusader, I've had this happen before with weapons like a 1h crossbow with Danetta's on my wizard or BK blades. I thought that was just because it was a 1h xbow or mighty weapon.

I didn't know it could do it with normal set items as well ;_;

I really thought it was Marauder's too :(
The first set item I found in a rift were IK gloves :p

Nymerio

How do you deal with damage reflecting mobs as a fetish WD? I can ghost walk and use a potion but after that I'm a bit out of options. Everything else isn't really a problem but the damage that gets reflected is ridiculous, especially when there are a couple mobs reflecting.

So it does seem like set items drop more. I'm actually surprised to see a Blackthorne now. Found 2 Firebird helms, the chest, a second Tal source, Vyr boots and Tal Belt within 2 or 3 hours of play.

Also decided to round out the set and started gambling the Vyr chest, Kadala gave me a sweet Cindercoat (int, vit, something that's 3 sockets now, 20% fire dmg, 27% RCR) 100 shards in D:

Grampasso

So it does seem like set items drop more. I'm actually surprised to see a Blackthorne now. Found 2 Firebird helms, the chest, a second Tal source, Vyr boots and Tal Belt within 2 or 3 hours of play.

Also decided to round out the set and started gambling the Vyr chest, Kadala gave me a sweet Cindercoat (int, vit, something that's 3 sockets now, 20% fire dmg, 27% RCR) 100 shards in D:
RNG or stealth update? The only thing I get once in a while is shadow pants.
Always.

Other than that, nothing

RNG or stealth update? The only thing I get once in a while is shadow pants.
Always.

Other than that, nothing

Not saying 6 will drop every couple hours but I've noticed that I've found at least one every day since the anniversary buff kicked in. They don't seem nearly as uncommon (as drops)

Before the buff kicked in I had maybe 10 to my name total in all RoS

JoeMartin

How do you deal with damage reflecting mobs as a fetish WD? I can ghost walk and use a potion but after that I'm a bit out of options. Everything else isn't really a problem but the damage that gets reflected is ridiculous, especially when there are a couple mobs reflecting.

Life on Hit.

Grampasso

Not saying 6 will drop every couple hours but I've noticed that I've found at least one every day since the anniversary buff kicked in. They don't seem nearly as uncommon (as drops)

Before the buff kicked in I had maybe 10 to my name total in all RoS
Ah yes, I got all natalyas (except boots) and all shadow set since the anniversary buff, just no mara at all

Mumei

I got my Crusader powerleveled to 68 last night (thanks Aelther!). Crusader is sort of amusing to play; I played through a rift on Master this morning and my DPS was awful but I was also taking basically no damage. When I was fighting the rift guardian, I AFK'd to get a drink of water without pausing, and when I came back my health hadn't decreased at all.

... And then it took my about five minutes to kill him.

I definitley see what people are complaining about as far as generators go. It feels like you have to attack with a generator about thirty times in order to use your spender a handful of times and the generators just don't feel as fun. Of course, I probably don't have the optimal skills set-up since I haven't explored 90% of my options. Any suggestions on passives to start?

garath

Ah yes, I got all natalyas (except boots) and all shadow set since the anniversary buff, just no mara at all

Set items have been all over the place for me since the anniversary buff. One day I got 2 nat's rings and nat's boots. Another I got a maurader helm and two maurader gloves. Another I got both pieces of the shadow set. Two days ago I got 3 blackthornes (two chests and a belt) and both nat chest and boots. Oh and the rings. I've gotten every set ring there is at least twice.

I still have yet to see a Maurader's chest (I actually kind of want it.. maybe replace my RRoG or use T&T gloves) and the only maurader's pants I've seen was from Kadala. When the Nat boots and chest dropped I got super excited thinking it was Maurader's. There's only 2 green cloaks and it didn't even dawn on me it might be Nat's.

I finally started to convert some gear to a fire build for my crusader after that cinder coat randomly dropped. Using Maximus so far, lots of fun trying to get the fire chain to hit as many enemies as possible. Looks like the RNG gods support my move to fire build because this dropped yesterday.
9bazT3v.png

Up to +93% fire damage so far. My sheet DPS dropped from 532K to 398K but my elemenral damage went from 707K to 769K and elemental elite from 814K to 1,010K.

What are the go to skills and passives for a crusader fire build? I haven't found a favorite yet. This is my current layout w/ Maximus and Hellskull. Link to character profile.
qxRiJa5.png

Celegus

I'd still like to get the Akkhan shoulders, but the gloves dropped for me last night which gave me the set bonus. Also found a Darklight. And it's straight up bananas. Nearly permanent AC with double Fist of Heavens flying everywhere.. just melting through everything. A little hard on the eyes/video card though, I get what people were saying about "laser light show crusaders".

I still have yet to see a Maurader's chest (I actually kind of want it.. maybe replace my RRoG or use T&T gloves) and the only maurader's pants I've seen was from Kadala. When the Nat boots and chest dropped I got super excited thinking it was Maurader's. There's only 2 green cloaks and it didn't even dawn on me it might be Nat's.

Marauder's isn't actually a cloak though, so prepare for sadness everytime you see green chest armor. I thought I found an Akkhan chest on my crusader but it ended up being the Marauder chest (like the other guy was saying, they do very similar unid).

What are the go to skills and passives for a crusader fire build? I haven't found a favorite yet. This is my current layout w/ Maximus and Hellskull. Link to character profile.

I can't click the link to see your equipment, but I'm not sure using Towering Shield is worth it since the only thing it's benefiting is Punish which you in theory shouldn't be using all that much; I try to use mine just enough to keep Hardened Senses active.

Grampasso

Set items have been all over the place for me since the anniversary buff. One day I got 2 nat's rings and nat's boots. Another I got a maurader helm and two maurader gloves. Another I got both pieces of the shadow set. Two days ago I got 3 blackthornes (two chests and a belt) and both nat chest and boots. Oh and the rings. I've gotten every set ring there is at least twice.

The only mara piece I have are the pants and they're from a rift way before the anniversary buff XD Got T&T though, whish I'd drop helm and chest to change skillset for a pet build

Someone at blizz must love me. Came to check my emails and invariably I started up a rift(s, ended up doing 3). On the second as I was porting out one of the people I summoned from RIF killed a champion and out popped some green pants.

I got 3 Vyr pieces since yesterday D:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toastyToast-6810/hero/13614570

I'm at 49.32% CDR atm. Next goal is to make a Born sword with 10% cdr + shoulders. The extra CDR would be nice but I don't think I want to do Captain Crimson. In the short time I've spent playing with Archon I already feel like I need Ice Climbers haha

Is there any reason you'd want to find a second similar legendary/set item since you can just change the stats of the first one ?

Are there stats you can't change with the mystic ?

Laconic

Banned
Did a few rifts with the Witch Doctor community earlier, hoping to do some loot sharing.
(Funny enough, I had legs dropping like crazy.)

Unfortunately, nobody seemed to get anything good.

That was until I scored this beauty:

hTHe4AT.png

Just gotta reroll that Area Damage to CHD, and it'll be awesome.

(Sorta wished it rolled Fire Damage, but Physical is good too.)

So yeah... 'tis hard to quit this game.

I got the same thing but with strength, last night. And 9.5 CC. Why is it good? The proc?

Insaniac

Is there any reason you'd want to find a second similar legendary/set item since you can just change the stats of the first one ?

Once you change a stat of an item with the mystic, you can only change that stat. So finding a second item may yield over all better stats than the first

You can only change one of the stat and that slot also sometimes have limit on what are available for you to change to. Also some slot you can not reroll.

Let said you got a helm with main stats and may be resist and said regen or something. You reroll that regen into crit which is desirable but then you might want to get rid of resist for a socket but you can't because you already reroll one stat, so at this point you might hope you get another drop that already have a crit so you can try to roll for socket or better yet have one drop that have all the stats you want.

Whew ....

So I finally got the jade pants from Kadala. On to the boots.

Ill get the boots before I get an int RoG. I'll be stuck using my dex one. I'm sure of this.

Shifty76

Hey eek,

Sorry I turned down your join request last night. Was recording a T5 run on my monk then heading to bed right afterwards. Just wanted to test how long it took my monk to solo a T5 rift. Turns out it was around 15 mins, but that was with bastard packs (lots of A5 packs and those death maiden things. Oh, and succubi just for the added funzies)

Maybe my monk isn't as weak as I'd originally figured...though the new SoJ likely helps with that

@Fender: Welcome back!

Got a monk rocking that no-gen LTK spec myself now, and now that I finally rolled a socket in my Sankis I'm looking forward to taking that for a spin.

Any other barbs have a skull of resonance? think this is my fav legendary affix overall--it seems to charm enemies like 75% of the time I use Threatening Shout, elites included. It's freaking golden in terms of utility.

Krassus

So yeah... 'tis hard to quit this game.

I got the same thing but with strength, last night. And 9.5 CC. Why is it good? The proc?

I notice on my monk the shadow clones will use pretty awesome skills like EP / Cyclone which I dont even have on my bar. Their uptime is pretty high and it puts a buff up while they are on CD.

Hey eek,

Sorry I turned down your join request last night. Was recording a T5 run on my monk then heading to bed right afterwards. Just wanted to test how long it took my monk to solo a T5 rift. Turns out it was around 15 mins, but that was with bastard packs (lots of A5 packs and those death maiden things. Oh, and succubi just for the added funzies)

Maybe my monk isn't as weak as I'd originally figured...though the new SoJ likely helps with that

@Fender: Welcome back!

Got a monk rocking that no-gen LTK spec myself now, and now that I finally rolled a socket in my Sankis I'm looking forward to taking that for a spin.

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a fun build. T5 is pretty smooth for me with it. I don't have an SOJ either. I do have a burning axe and a Sunkeeper though.

I'm really curious to see about monk buffs in this next patch.

Whew ....

So I finally got the jade pants from Kadala. On to the boots.

Ill get the boots before I get an int RoG. I'll be stuck using my dex one. I'm sure of this.

She finally gave me Jade pants last night too. Must have spent close to 10k shards before I got one, and it happened to roll great.

I tried out the 6 peice Jade set build with a near perfect Sunkeeper and a cold SoJ. Holy. Shit. I didn't think it was possible to basically one-shot an entire elite pack. Coming from the pet build it's going to take some time to get used to, though. Quite a nice change.

Here is my character http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KINGofCRA5H-1868/hero/42079326

TTOOLL

I finally started to convert some gear to a fire build for my crusader after that cinder coat randomly dropped. Using Maximus so far, lots of fun trying to get the fire chain to hit as many enemies as possible. Looks like the RNG gods support my move to fire build because this dropped yesterday.
9bazT3v.png

Up to +93% fire damage so far. My sheet DPS dropped from 532K to 398K but my elemenral damage went from 707K to 769K and elemental elite from 814K to 1,010K.

qxRiJa5.png

Nice to see another fire Crusader here. Here is what I'm using so far.

http://us.battle.net/d3/pt/profile/sammfaria-1552/hero/47603130

Slash crits for 1kk, BS for 7, 8,kk. Bombardment 12kk.
I need a cindercoat, a magefist and a Maximus asap =D

Edit: the passives shown in my profile are wrong and I don't know why =(

edit2: I play only for a few hours 2 or 3 times a week. Vacation can't come soon enough.

I've got the quetz, a really really good cold ammy, cold laccunis, cold SOJ, and that belt they slows things from locust swarm. I even have a choice between a shard of hate with native CDR, an azurath or a Sunkeeper Eek tossed me. I'm set when those boots drop and then I can join the rest of you über jade WD's

CRA5H

Thanks!

Yeah, it's a fun build. T5 is pretty smooth for me with it. I don't have an SOJ either. I do have a burning axe and a Sunkeeper though.

I'm really curious to see about monk buffs in this next patch.

Mind if I inquire about this no-gen LTK build? Right now I'm using a build revolving LTK with my GNK..

Akai XIII

Still not sure which class to go for next:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/656326

I have all three barb sets now, and full helltooth (which is meh).

They're all fairly well geared (I guess), just feels hella slow/stupid standing around attacking enemies when certain classes can pop elites in one go...

I have two spare cinders, one int one str (but rolled with 3 socs so I could do a dex/fire build)...

Mind if I inquire about this no-gen LTK build? Right now I'm using a build revolving LTK with my GNK..

Stack as much CDR as possible for Epiphany uptime (among others) and spirit gen. Stack fire and elite damage.

LTK - Dashing Strike - inner sanctuary - serenity - air ally - epiphany

Air ally gives a boost to sprit and epiphany also helps keep spirit full. The CDR keeps the cooldown for serenity and Inner really low as well. You just spam LTK the whole time and balance spirit with epiphany and air ally. A cindercoat is pretty key as well btw.

IS/Serenity/dashing strike all keep survivability up. IS increases damage too Whig is nice.

It's a very solid build. I've dropped dashing strike for MoC for some extra damage. With the unity ring trick I can do T6 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom