• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

Stack as much CDR as possible for Epiphany uptime (among others) and spirit gen. Stack fire and elite damage.

LTK - Dashing Strike - inner sanctuary - serenity - air ally - epiphany

Air ally gives a boost to sprit and epiphany also helps keep spirit full. The CDR keeps the cooldown for serenity and Inner really low as well. You just spam LTK the whole time and balance spirit with epiphany and air ally. A cindercoat is pretty key as well btw.

IS/Serenity/dashing strike all keep survivability up. IS increases damage too Whig is nice.

It's a very solid build. I've dropped dashing strike for MoC for some extra damage. With the unity ring trick I can do T6 too.
Nice! I'll give this a try tonight. My monk has barely been doing T2 at an efficient rate and it's not like I have the crappiest gear too so hopefully this will give me a motivational boost to play him. So far I've found 2 cindercoats both on my wiz so they both have INT. I gave one of them to my Monk so I rolled INT to Dex. I guess I should roll to 3 sockets instead and stack the max emeralds huh?

Here's mine for reference:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CRA5H-1592/hero/45363445

Mind if you post yours?

Lain

He eats the whites and occasionally gives a random property higher item, right? Is that really that good? I ask because I am currently sitting on a quadfecta str one.

Yeah. I just swap the ring in and out to have the goblin collect items, but I've found it to give me a legendary way more often than I would have imagined. Yesterday he gave me a rare, Ice climbers, a rare, a pair of Nemesis Bracers and then some more rares, which isn't too bad.

Celegus

Yeah. I just swap the ring in and out to have the goblin collect items, but I've found it to give me a legendary way more often than I would have imagined. Yesterday he gave me a rare, Ice climbers, a rare, a pair of Nemesis Bracers and then some more rares, which isn't too bad.

I need to try that little guy again. He's never given me an orange but this gives me hope! I use Harrington's so all armor racks/loose stones/trash cans are looted all the time anyway.

Ultratech

So yeah... 'tis hard to quit this game.

I got the same thing but with strength, last night. And 9.5 CC. Why is it good? The proc?

Pretty much. WD clones spam lots of stuff like Corpse Bomb, RoT, Darts, and so on.

Additionally, the clones appear to be considered pets so they get the bonus from the Mask of Jeram.

Laconic

Banned

Pretty much. WD clones spam lots of stuff like Corpse Bomb, RoT, Darts, and so on.

Additionally, the clones appear to be considered pets so they get the bonus from the Mask of Jeram.

Nice! It looks like I'm going to have to roll that CHD after all. :) I'll put it on my 'Sader, I guess... I like having Arcane Lasers heal my Barb FAR too much to give that up on him, lol.

ParityBit

I am about to get my Crusader to level 70 (I am level 67)

Any build advice? I feel really under powered. I know I need better equipment, but my build feels lacking.

cdyhybrid

I am about to get my Crusader to level 70 (I am level 67)

Any build advice? I feel really under powered. I know I need better equipment, but my build feels lacking.

Your drops will ultimately determine what build you go for, but when I first got to 70 I went with a fire build similar to this and shot for Cindercoat/Magefist/Maximus. Worked just fine for T1 with some well-rolled rares that gave Fire damage (bracers, neck, rings, etc.), and I was doing T3 with the aforementioned legendaries when I got my Foote and switched to a Blessed Shield build.

Nymerio

Witch Doctor is a broken-ass class. Just power leveled a friends WD from 65 to 70 in about half an our, did a couple bounties and went straight to T5 with him. Did a rift there but we ran into some issues when we got that damn swamp level and aggroed three elite packs and then the rift guardian. We went to T4 after that but that's almost too easy already. T4 with 2 WD is about as easy as master or T1 with our old Monk/Wizard combo. I guess once he gets the Cain's and Aughild set we should be able to do T5 easily.

Life on Hit.

I'm doing ok after I switched to the three second spirit walk. Just have to kill them fast and everything's ok.

^^
in today's episode of tales from my ass

How do you tell when the goblin drops an item btw? I used a goblin ring a week ago for 3 days never saw a leg, never even noticed when (if) it dropped a rare either

robochimp

Hit the last barrel in a rift and this popped out.

GPDVAB9.jpg

Rolled the lightning damage on the first try.

Boogdud

I need to try that little guy again. He's never given me an orange but this gives me hope! I use Harrington's so all armor racks/loose stones/trash cans are looted all the time anyway.

Just to keep hope alive, the first thing the little dude dropped for me when I equipped him Saturday (it had a really good cdr%), was a thunderfury. It had int, so it went to the WD, but what an intro!

cdyhybrid

How do you tell when the goblin drops an item btw? I used a goblin ring a week ago for 3 days never saw a leg, never even noticed when (if) it dropped a rare either

He'll just pick up the white item and pop out a yellow/orange item. Shoots out of his head, like the animation when an item comes out of a chest. Can be easy to miss if you're fighting a bunch of shit and there's stuff dropping everywhere.

Shifty76

^^
in today's episode of tales from my ass

Why do you have an issue with people mentioning their newly geared WD's doing T4+?

No, they're not going to be anywhere near as efficient as a geared WD, but it's definitely doable. No one has claimed to be "efficient", at least not by your definition, merely that they could do T4+ without a problem. Edit: Sorry, just noted that he mentioned T4 was "easy." Still...with two WD's working together it probably is.

Don't mean to rag on you, but you jumped all over me when I mentioned that my new WD was doing T4+ and now you jumped on Nymerio for posting essentially the same thing.

Regarding gob's: Apparently there's an audio cue when they drop items. I'll have to ask my daughter-in-law tonight as she has a trifecta one and mentioned it to me when I asked how she knew they dropped things. Some kind of "ding" sound, though not as loud as the legendary one, from what I can remember.

Why do you have an issue with people mentioning their newly geared WD's doing T4+?

No, they're not going to be anywhere near as efficient as a geared WD, but it's definitely doable. No one has claimed to be "efficient", at least not by your definition, merely that they could do T4+ without a problem. Edit: Sorry, just noted that he mentioned T4 was "easy." Still...with two WD's working together it probably is.

Don't mean to rag on you, but you jumped all over me when I mentioned that my new WD was doing T4+ and now you jumped on Nymerio for posting essentially the same thing.

Because you're both grossly overstating how good the class is without any items.
In your post it was the 'oh right I forgot my newly dinged WD also has harrington and TF and aughild set on top of that "'nothing but MOJ" and it's taking me forever' and this one is claiming he's rolling through t4 too easily on his freshly dinged wd.

I'm not sure what you aim to get out of getting people dissapointed when they enthusiastically reroll a WD alt and see they actually need gear to do higher torment like every other class.

Shifty76

Because you're both grossly overstating how good the class is without any items.
In your post it was the 'oh right I forgot my newly dinged WD also has harrington and TF and it's taking me forever' and this one is claiming he's rolling through t4 too easily on his freshly dinged wd.

I'm not sure what you aim to get out of getting people dissapointed when they enthusiastically reroll a WD alt and see they actually need gear to do higher torment like every other class.

When my WD started clearing T4 by my definition of smoothly (ie no deaths and <15 mins) he didn't have Harrington or the TF. I was using a Gidbinn (which I since found out sucks and I think either Razor Strop or a Goldwrap belt)

All other gear (other than the Andy's I found) was crafted or rares. Oh, I do have a poorly rolled zuni ring and boots too I guess. With as long as RoS has been out now, I think most people who have been playing for any amount of time should have access to at least two of Asheara's, Cain's or Aughilds sets. That takes care of at least the glove, shoulder, chest, legs and boots slots. Pretty much anything works for belt, and decently rolled rares are fine for amulet and ring slots. Heck, I'm still using a rare ring and amulet. I was using a crafted level 70 bracer too until I rolled a semi-decent Aughild to replace it.

I don't know, maybe my perspective is skewed since I came from playing monk, which is an absolute bitch class to gear for on T4+, but I found WD to be ridiculously easy to gear for to be able to do T4+

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
40,000 blood shards spent on helms and I still don't have a Quetzalcoatl. I have seen 7 MoJ, 3 Zuni, 1 JH and multiples of every other helm. I'm never lucky but this is taking the piss and it's really ruining the game for me. Sitting and watching the chat screen for hours upon hours is sucking the fun right out of this game (and yes, I know I don't have to do RiF but all I want is this helm so I can respec).

What's more effective for essence of the twin seas? Lt runs or Sewers?

Looking for that crimsons now ehh? Lol

There's a bounty ...check to see if it's up. It not 95% of the time. If not, farm sewers. You can also get ashera's and auglids mats there too.

When my WD started clearing T4 by my definition of smoothly (ie no deaths and <15 mins) he didn't have Harrington or the TF. I was using a Gidbinn (which I since found out sucks and I think either Razor Strop or a Goldwrap belt)

All other gear (other than the Andy's I found) was crafted or rares. Oh, I do have a poorly rolled zuni ring and boots too I guess. With as long as RoS has been out now, I think most people who have been playing for any amount of time should have access to at least two of Asheara's, Cain's or Aughilds sets. That takes care of at least the glove, shoulder, chest, legs and boots slots. Pretty much anything works for belt, and decently rolled rares are fine for amulet and ring slots. Heck, I'm still using a rare ring and amulet. I was using a crafted level 70 bracer too until I rolled a semi-decent Aughild to replace it.

I don't know, maybe my perspective is skewed since I came from playing monk, which is an absolute bitch class to gear for on T4+, but I found WD to be ridiculously easy to gear for to be able to do T4+

I would generally agree with this. An MoJ is really all the class needs to get started.

CRA5H

Looking for that crimsons now ehh? Lol

There's a bounty ...check to see if it's up. It not 95% of the time. If not, farm sewers. You can also get ashera's and auglids mats there too.
Ya they say the bounty is too rare and inefficient. I've been doing Lt for 40 min and 3 spawns so far on T4 and zero drops :(

Ya they say the bounty is too rare and inefficient. I've been doing Lt for 40 min and 3 spawns so far on T4 and zero drops :(

Sounds about right. It's a bitch to farm, but they're also pretty crucial in that fire build. The 10% CDR is huge and so is the 10% RCR to stack with the RCD from the cindercoat.

Not enough people are breaking all the pots/barrels and whatnot in levels, especially places like A5 graveyards where there are tons of them.

Legendaries drop from breakables more often than you'd think.

Yeah, when I play my sentry dh or run with a Woh wizard I get a lot more legendaries

garath

Need help on what to re-roll on my first danetta's piece.
From what I understand it's on the bottom end for damage but since it rolled with a socket to begin with (maybe all of them do?) I have a few options.

I wouldn't use it as your normal weapon (don't think you're planning on it but just saying :p). I have a set I just use for bounties. I didn't work very hard other than rolling a socket on them. Depending on your damage range I'd reroll the damage or the life on hit to hatred regen or something for more tumbles.

Not enough people are breaking all the pots/barrels and whatnot in levels, especially places like A5 graveyards where there are tons of them.

Legendaries drop from breakables more often than you'd think.

Yep. I break/open/kill everything in my way on rifts. I get legendaries from bodies, chests, breakables, etc all the time. I get more from that stuff than elite packs oftentimes.

Boogdud

Today is just one of those days. Logged in and out 3 different times today, all three times doing 4-6 rifts. Came away with 2 legendaries and 1 soul, from roughly 15 rifts. All three times the first 3 rifts gave nothing, full clears, full groups at t3. Man, days like this blow.

It always seems to be my crusader too. Usually I get frustrated and log into my wd because the crusader won't drop anything and legendaries just start raining for him, then I'll switch back thinking the crusader will get something and he'll get blanked 3+ rifts in a row again. Such tinfoil.

CRA5H

Sounds about right. It's a bitch to farm, but they're also pretty crucial in that fire build. The 10% CDR is huge and so is the 10% RCR to stack with the RCD from the cindercoat.
I remember crafting captain boots and pants a couple months back for my monk then salvaged them cuz I ran out of space.. Ahh hindsight's a bitch. Didn't realize at the time how hard it is to farm the mats.

I wouldn't use it as your normal weapon (don't think you're planning on it but just saying :p). I have a set I just use for bounties. I didn't work very hard other than rolling a socket on them. Depending on your damage range I'd reroll the damage or the life on hit to hatred regen or something for more tumbles.

Yeah I guess I was still coming off the high of seeing a set 1h xbow on the ground and being amped to have a second piece of Natalya's :( Figured I could make that Danetta's into something worthwhile but really what I'm wearing is probably much better.

eek5

I would generally agree with this. An MoJ is really all the class needs to get started.

People gotta keep in mind shifty is coming from monk.

Give me 3 crafts per spot and I'm farming T2-3 pretty comfortably compared to monk where you'd be LUCKY to be in T1 even if you rolled res on every single piece (unless you're crafting everything on a barb then you could probably pull in t3-5 depending on your rolls).

(edit: also Nymerio has T&T's and maybe MoJ so of course T4 was a breeze lol)

CRA5H

wow.. so I decide to take a good long break from farming essence of twin seas. I log on and find razor bounty within the first 2 games .. drops the essence. Then I do sewers and found Moontooth right after that bounty.. and it drops the essence. This game stresses the crap out of me but rewards you back.

*edit* make that 3 in a row.

neoism

lol a follow clanman <3 helped me to get 70 on my WD lol not sure why blizzard hates monk's soo much barely played and already 300k 4mil T 6kHeal smh.... 10 hours on the character and i'll be doing t6 in no time lol

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
no way Blizzard kept the drop hate hahaahahah, NO WAY

idk bro ive been doing 1-2 rifts every night for the last week and have been averaging 2-3 legendaries per rift. Sometimes I get 0. Sometimes I get 5. Pre-anniversary it was a pretty consistent 0-1 per rift.

RNG is RNG.

The Cowboy

yay?

Harrington Waistguard.
Roll the life regen to +15 life, +100% all resist or +15% damage on whatever spell you use and you'll have a great setup on one of the best belts in the game, that 125% increased damage bonus will be up more often than you'd think - every clickable loot object will proc it, just you wait and see how good it is on battlefield of eternity style (lots of lootable objects) rifts :D.

Laconic

Banned
I solo harvested 20 Act 1 caches today. I popped them, and got two RRoGs. That makes 5. Five. Each and every one being single-fecta. And that being attack speed. Why. Just... why. :/

Discobird

I solo harvested 20 Act 1 caches today. I popped them, and got two RRoGs. That makes 5. Five. Each and every one being single-fecta. And that being attack speed. Why. Just... why. :/

Because they always roll with mainstat, LOH and attack speed and only one random affix. Everything is single-fecta (double-fecta with mystic) unless you get lucky enough to get CHC or CHD as the random affix.

jersoc

i got sort of lucky. 2nd RROG gave me the tri. however that took like 3 weeks to get again doing about 5-6 act 1 bounties a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom