• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampasso

Need help on what to re-roll on my first danetta's piece.
From what I understand it's on the bottom end for damage but since it rolled with a socket to begin with (maybe all of them do?) I have a few options.
at first sight I was about to say to reroll the LoH for %dmg (6-10), then I noticed that the dmg rolled minimum stat (I think the bare minimum is 869 and you rolled 870). So my advice is to roll the dmg, if you manage to get a value toward the higher stat (the min-max damages roll accordingly, so if you roll max on one you also roll max on the other and vice versa) will be a bit higher base dmg than with a flat %increase on a low value.
Anyway it's not a big difference between 10% dmg increase and max rolled dmg (on favor of the latter), so it's your choice, just remember that if you decide to reroll the LoH for %dmg you'll lose it, if you reroll the base dmg you'll keep it and even if it's not the most desirable stat it's still better having it than not.
I'd reroll the base dmg

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I just need 1 more piece of gear to finish my WD but this game refuses to give it to me....an SOJ. For some reason I cannot get this item. I've gambled at least 50k shards on rings and I still haven't gotten one. I have literally found every other ring in the game multiple times now.... including focus, restraint, and Rachael's ring of larceny. But no SOJ.

Not sure everyone knows this but if you put your bounty bags in your stash then open them on another class the contents will roll for them. Managed to get another RORG running high torment on my DH for my crusader. Had the shoulders and the ring come out of the same bag actually

So run those bounties with your best/fastest character

Kemal86

Thinking about getting back into this after not having played on PC since September last year. I have no idea where to even begin though, the changes in RoS seem so extensive. My level 60 Monk was easily clearing MP5-6 inferno but clearly that doesn't mean anything now with the new level cap. And apparently lifesteal is useless now? >.>

Is there a good "What to do when you hit 70" guide somewhere? Thanks.

no way Blizzard kept the drop hate hahaahahah, NO WAY

Still getting an average of 10-15 legs an hour doing t5, still double of what I got before the buff.
drystreaks happen but rng is rng, sometimes you get 5-6 legs in a run or 3-4 several runs in a row sometimes you get nothing for 4 runs and then 2 legs in the 4 runs after that.

Before the buff I regularly had drystreaks of 6-8 runs and 2+ legs per run almost never happened

Grampasso

Thinking about getting back into this after not having played on PC since September last year. I have no idea where to even begin though, the changes in RoS seem so extensive. My level 60 Monk was easily clearing MP5-6 inferno but clearly that doesn't mean anything now with the new level cap. And apparently lifesteal is useless now? >.>

Is there a good "What to do when you hit 70" guide somewhere? Thanks.
Bounties -> Collect rift stones -> Enter +100% leg drop rifts (eventually gamble blood shards for items at Kadala's)

garath

Still getting an average of 10-15 legs an hour doing t5, still double of what I got before the buff.
drystreaks happen but rng is rng, sometimes you get 5-6 legs in a run or 3-4 several runs in a row sometimes you get nothing for 4 runs and then 2 legs in the 4 runs after that.

Before the buff I regularly had drystreaks of 6-8 runs and 2+ legs per run almost never happened

^^

Pretty much this. I can go a few rifts with only one or two legendaries but I also get rifts where I'll get 4-6. The drop rate is still definitely there.

Now only if it would include a SoJ......

Shifty76

Was playing with a few monk buddies last night, and on the last run of the night I had a legendary sword drop.

Said to them: OK guys, is that Rimeheart or Fulminator? (Since the models are VERY similar.) Universal response was: Enjoy your Fulminator...er Forgotten Soul. ID'd it and lo and behold it was Rimeheart!

Can't wait to get home tonight and go try out that Rimeheart shatter monk build. Blew through around 1k shards hoping for Frosties but whiffed so I'll be using the freeze bell to proc the shatter I guess. Nice thing is that I can completely ignore dps rolls on gear in favour of CDR/survivability.

Best thing is I already have a TON of CDR gear on my alt monk, and I can reroll dps off several pieces of existing gear to get even more. Plus, I'll finally get to use that Fist of Az'turrasq that had been gathering dust in my stash.

Here's a vid of that build in action for anyone who isn't familiar with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvP9x-vobvc

Likely a solo monk's most viable build for T6 right now.

Boogdud

^^

Pretty much this. I can go a few rifts with only one or two legendaries but I also get rifts where I'll get 4-6. The drop rate is still definitely there.

Now only if it would include a SoJ......

I actually had a SoJ drop yesterday, one of the two drops I got in the same rift. It was for a Monk (I was on my crusader). I also got a monk set glove on the same character about 10 minutes later... Of course the monk is the only class I do not have a 70 in.

I don't give a crap if I get another stinking compass rose, chaingmail, sever, or standoff with the wrong stats. But when an actual real legendary like an SoJ drops it damn well should have my class's stats on it.

garath

I actually had a SoJ drop yesterday, one of the two drops I got in the same rift. It was for a Monk (I was on my crusader). I also got a monk set glove on the same character about 10 minutes later... Of course the monk is the only class I do not have a 70 in.

I don't give a crap if I get another stinking compass rose, chaingmail, sever, or standoff with the wrong stats. But when an actual real legendary like an SoJ drops it damn well should have my class's stats on it.

That's rough :(

I guarantee the same thing will happen to me. It'll EVENTUALLY drop but it will be terrible rolls and the wrong element. Kind of like my cindercoat/magefist. The whole time I was looking for a cindercoat/magefist with the standard DH CA build, I couldn't find either. I move on to the maurader sentry build and I've seen two cindercoats and a magefist.

That RNG!

this is as good as i care to get mine:

9mgeEnf.png

it's getting replaced with a SoJ(assuming I ever find one)

Petrie

Banned
Looking for some help GAF.

Played WD in vanilla D3 and like many got tired of the game a few months in. Now I'm back and as is typically the case for me in these games want to play a Summoner build, but need to know if that's even viable these days and if so if there are any recommended builds? Usually they are fine until you get into post-game and higher difficulties, so if they aren't viable there I'll figure something else out.

Help please?

Played WD in vanilla D3 and like many got tired of the game a few months in. Now I'm back and as is typically the case for me in these games want to play a Summoner build, but need to know if that's even viable these days and if so if there are any recommended builds? Usually they are fine until you get into post-game and higher difficulties, so if they aren't viable there I'll figure something else out.

Help please?

it's probably the best build of WD unless you have some very specific legendaries and only gets better once you get things like Tall Man's Finger and Mask of Jeram.

the basic idea is to have the fetish sycophants passive and to get a lot of procs with a skill like rain of toads.

this is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/anyprophet-1410/hero/1694937

Boogdud

Help please?

Welcome to paradise! I was in the same boat from vanilla (I actually gave up and started playing a barb/dh then). WD has gone from zero to hero in RoS and pet builds are incredible.

Your build can be pretty much whatever you want to play as long as you have the fetish sycophant passive. Most would say to use Rain of Toads to summon them. Dogs are great for tanking as well when starting out and if you get a Tall Man's Finger ring they become a dynamo. Pick up gargantuan, most typically use the wrathful protector version which hits like a truck.

But just look up 'pet doctor' and you'll likely find some builds but the class is very flexible now and in great shape so it's hard to really go wrong.

Some gear to look out for:
Helm: Mask of Jeram
Gloves: Tasker and Theo
weapon: Starmetal kukri
ring: Tall man's finger

All of these are game changers.

profile on diabloprogress if you want to see build/some not really optimal gear: here

Celegus

I really need to get back into my WD. She has a MoJ, tri-fecta T&T, and physical SoJ for a pet build. Was going for a lot of CDR at first when I didn't realize fetish army uses the same cap as the passive, so maybe that's not the best idea.

Wow, I fucking hate ground effects. I have always used a ranged attack, whether I was running my DH or my Crusader with Justice, up until now where I use Punish with my new Maximus fire build. Dear god, I feel so squishy on T4 now just because I have to eat shit with ground effects now. Time to swap out even more rubies for diamonds on my gear I guess.

Grampasso

Wow, I fucking hate ground effects. I have always used a ranged attack, whether I was running my DH or my Crusader with Justice, up until now where I use Punish with my new Maximus fire build. Dear god, I feel so squishy on T4 now just because I have to eat shit with ground effects now. Time to swap out even more rubies for diamonds on my gear I guess.

Or use 4p blackthorne bonus

This probably doesn't help either: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12673259125. Basically, elite damage reduction doesn't work on most effects.

Makes Aughild's set less effective.

Celegus

Or use 4p blackthorne bonus

They tear me up as well, but I would hate to lose my Akkhan set bonus. Some of my Akkhan pieces are far from ideal, so I'm a bit squishy on T4+. Might try Aughild's over Reaper's Wraps, though the loss of wrath will definitely hurt.

Shifty76

Melee and ranged dmg reduction on your gear helps with ground effects. Here is the list of which elite affix belongs to which category.

*EDIT* Huh, seems like your link contradicts that info so ignore what I linked. Very interesting.

Boogdud

They tear me up as well, but I would hate to lose my Akkhan set bonus. Some of my Akkhan pieces are far from ideal, so I'm a bit squishy on T4+. Might try Aughild's over Reaper's Wraps, though the loss of wrath will definitely hurt.

Make sure you're running immovable object if you aren't already. It helps quite a bit. Iron skin - steel skin can help fill the gap as well.

Melee and ranged dmg reduction on your gear helps with ground effects. Here is the list of which elite affix belongs to which category.

*EDIT* Huh, seems like your link contradicts that info so ignore what I linked. Very interesting.

Frozen pulse destroys my monk and I assume this has something to do with it.

Petrie

Banned
it's probably the best build of WD unless you have some very specific legendaries and only gets better once you get things like Tall Man's Finger and Mask of Jeram.

the basic idea is to have the fetish sycophants passive and to get a lot of procs with a skill like rain of toads.

this is my current build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/anyprophet-1410/hero/1694937

Welcome to paradise! I was in the same boat from vanilla (I actually gave up and started playing a barb/dh then). WD has gone from zero to hero in RoS and pet builds are incredible.

Your build can be pretty much whatever you want to play as long as you have the fetish sycophant passive. Most would say to use Rain of Toads to summon them. Dogs are great for tanking as well when starting out and if you get a Tall Man's Finger ring they become a dynamo. Pick up gargantuan, most typically use the wrathful protector version which hits like a truck.

But just look up 'pet doctor' and you'll likely find some builds but the class is very flexible now and in great shape so it's hard to really go wrong.

profile on diabloprogress if you want to see build/some not really optimal gear: here

I really appreciate this. Fear of once again not being able to play Summoner had me not really committing much time to D3. Now I know I can. AWESOME.

Celegus

Make sure you're running immovable object if you aren't already. It helps quite a bit. Iron skin - steel skin can help fill the gap as well.

Which one is that? I can never remember the names, just the effects. I think the life per wrath spent one might help, since I spam Fist of the Heavens so much. I have next to no healing potential, so drawn out fights leave me in a bad spot if I can't murder it in 2 seconds (although I usually can).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

The Uhkapian Serpent is another good one for the damage reduction on higher torment, I've heard.

Frozen pulse destroys my monk and I assume this has something to do with it.

lol, no kidding. Silly that if we could have a character with 100% dodge and 100% elite/ranged/melee reduction it would still die to a few elite affixes.

Boogdud

Which one is that? I can never remember the names, just the effects. I think the life per wrath spent one might help, since I spam Fist of the Heavens so much. I have next to no healing potential, so drawn out fights leave me in a bad spot if I can't murder it in 2 seconds (although I usually can).

Sorry, laws of justice - immovable object

It adds 140 resist at all times and then during the active it's 500 resist and 7000 armor so a good "oh shit" button.

edit: on an unrelated note. Good grief the official forums are awash with "nerf wd" posts. What is wrong with these people?

Mumei

You too?

I had issues with those guys last night (amongst other things).
But yeah...they hurt and are annoyingly immune to stuff.

Yeah, my usual panic button for fast scary monsters, Spirit Walk + Piranhado, doesn't work on them, and they do damage so fast that sometimes I die as they pop up even with Life Link Dogs.

try the string of ears belt
I use it on my wd and I'm one tanky mofo.

I will have to try that. My Hwoj already helps quite a bit, though with 489 Vit, +94 AR, and +15% Life.

DSmalls84

String of Ears has quickly become a go to belt for my Jade Harvester build. That belt is flying under a lot of people's radar, but it offers some serious damage mitigation for higher torment levels. Credit goes to Dengatron for that discovery, he was the first one I saw wearing it.

garath

String of Ears has quickly become a go to belt for my Jade Harvester build. That belt is flying under a lot of peoples radar, but it offers some serious damage mitigation for higher torment levels. Credit goes to Dengatron for that discorvery, he was the first one I saw wearing it.

I have one sitting in the stash.. I may replace my goldwrap for that. I prefer the belt to be strictly defensive. I get a ton of toughness from mine - 10% life, vitality, 98 resist all, dex (with my passive equals armor). But I really like the unique effect of goldwrap. Armor on gold pickup is really cool. Sometimes I have 25m toughness lol. But vs flat 30% melee reduction? Hmm..

edit: 25million toughness, not 25k. LOL

DSmalls84

I have one sitting in the stash.. I may replace my goldwrap for that. I prefer the belt to be strictly defensive. I get a ton of toughness from mine - 10% life, vitality, 98 resist all, dex (with my passive equals armor). But I really like the unique effect of goldwrap. Armor on gold pickup is really cool. Sometimes I have 25k toughness lol. But vs flat 30% melee reduction? Hmm..

I'm not sure what falls under the category of "Melee" but It seems like I take significantly less damage from poison, desecrater, etc too. I don't think it only applies to physical hits you take from enemies.

Mumei

edit: on an unrelated note. Good grief the official forums are awash with "nerf wd" posts. What is wrong with these people?

I have no idea. When I was doing split bounties on T2 last night, I basically one-shot the act boss on a few occasions, and there would often be someone who chimed in to complain/joke about WD's being op. I feel like that's a lot of what it is - people comparing WDs with T6, end-game equipment with other classes running T2/3.

I don't feel overpowered when I play T6 with people in the GAF clan, anyway. Half the time it feels like the DHs are killing things as I'm running towards them to harvest.

Or they're just jealous. And jealousy is a terrible thing. :(

Shifty76

Sometimes I have 25k toughness lol.

Assuming you mean 25m toughness? Or 25k armour?

Just for giggles I equipped a bunch of +gold gear on my WD. At one point I was running around with about 300k armour. Don't recall what my toughness number was, but it was something silly in the high hundreds of millions.

jblank83

String of Ears has quickly become a go to belt for my Jade Harvester build. That belt is flying under a lot of people's radar, but it offers some serious damage mitigation for higher torment levels. Credit goes to Dengatron for that discovery, he was the first one I saw wearing it.

It's hilarious to think someone had to discover that 25-30% melee damage reduction is good.

For those who don't know, every monster attack is either melee or ranged type. For instance, plague pools are melee type. Here's a list of them:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11040454264

Sorry, laws of justice - immovable object

It adds 140 resist at all times and then during the active it's 500 resist and 7000 armor so a good "oh shit" button.

blizzard forums are one of the worst video game related places on the internet

It's hilarious to think someone had to discover that 25-30% melee damage reduction is good.

There's no way know that it works on ground effects without being told it does or trying it out for a good while, why would a DH or a WD prioritise melee damage reduction.
The description just suggests 'take 30 percent less dmg from npc right clicks'

garath

Assuming you mean 25m toughness? Or 25k armour?

Just for giggles I equipped a bunch of +gold gear on my WD. At one point I was running around with about 300k armour. Don't recall what my toughness number was, but it was something silly in the high hundreds of millions.

Lol. Oh dear.. yes.. 25m.. Sometimes I keep it open while I run around. Getting a few stacks of 10-20k gold is just so much armor. It's insane. If I get stuck on a tough elite pack, I'm running to health globes and gold stacks.

Celegus

I would definitely use it if I've ever found one. Never found a goldwrap either. But if anyone needs a T-God's or Sebor's, I can hook you up.

DSmalls84

On paper it doesn't really sound like a flashy stat you commonly look for, and like the Harrington until you try it you don't really know the extent to which it affects the game. I know some players that got rid of Harringtons because they didn't know that the proc worked with so many different items in the game.

cdyhybrid

So literally 5 seconds before I tab out of the game to complain about my Zombie Dogs getting wrecked by Act 5 mobs in rifts...

eK0mbqM.png

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Is it worth replacing one of my passives for Zombie Handler to get the extra dog?

Currently running Grave Injustice, Fetish Sycophants, Pierce the Veil, and Midnight Feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom