• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Likely a solo monk's most viable build for T6 right now.

I have both rimeheart and frostburn (though my frostburns are int not dex) I should give this build a try. I am missing Az'turrasq though which is a bummer. Seems like the playstyle is to just drag as many white mobs as you can to elites and then depend on rimeheart to proc as many EP explosions as possible?

Seems interesting.

Krassus

Would one of you monks mind picking my monk apart? Trying for Innas waist to get the 4pc bonus and I need to craft Aughilds bracers as well. Not sure if my helm > than a 30% lightning one I have banked. Also I find myself really using EP a lot and dont understand why people dont like it. Should I be using the fist with TF or stick with the weaps I have?

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luxury-1795/hero/39603715

So literally 5 seconds before I tab out of the game to complain about my Zombie Dogs getting wrecked by Act 5 mobs in rifts...

eK0mbqM.png

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Is it worth replacing one of my passives for Zombie Handler to get the extra dog?

Currently running Grave Injustice, Fetish Sycophants, Pierce the Veil, and Midnight Feast.
I would replace pierce the veil with fierce loyalty.

Celegus

So literally 5 seconds before I tab out of the game to complain about my Zombie Dogs getting wrecked by Act 5 mobs in rifts...

Is it worth replacing one of my passives for Zombie Handler to get the extra dog?

Currently running Grave Injustice, Fetish Sycophants, Pierce the Veil, and Midnight Feast.

Congrats, really nice rolls on it too! That thing looks bananas, so jelly!

Nymerio

eK0mbqM.png

Dunno, but with four dogs my garg dog crits for 20-30 mil. Great item.

garath

I'm going to experiment with my passives some more tonight. eek's DH has as much toughness as I do without having to run Perfectionist :( Makes me sad. Need better gear (though he also uses diamonds in the chest.. but I don't want to give up the 600 dex for that.. catch 22).

But despite that, I've been trying to find the best offensive passives. Now that I have some good metrics on T4 Ghom, I'm going to see if replacing Ballistics with something like single out or Archery gives me more of a boost.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Boogdud

What should I reroll for CC? And please tell me these are a good starting point:

What else do I need? A darklight?

Good starting point, but if you're going for a FoH-heaven's tempest build you're not going to reroll any of that for cc. You'll need as much cdr as you can get. Your sheet damage will look like crap, but you'll be burning things down really quickly in AC.

Yes, you'll need a darklight. Unless you have a fate of the fell.

edit: Sorry for the double, thought I was editing my other post :(

I use ptv, 20% increase to all damage seems better than a ~20%? increase on just adding the 1 extra dog. I haven't really tested it though.

it really depends on what skills you use and what other items you have. like a mask of jeram magnifies TMF even more.

my sheet dps is 1m but my dog crits for 40-50 million.

Shifty76

I have both rimeheart and frostburn (though my frostburns are int not dex) I should give this build a try. I am missing Az'turrasq though which is a bummer. Seems like the playstyle is to just drag as many white mobs as you can to elites and then depend on rimeheart to proc as many EP explosions as possible?

Seems interesting.

Int is actually preferable to dex on the frosties since it'll give 60-70 AR, vs a mediocre amount of armour via StI, and sheet dps means exactly zero with this build since it's Rimeheart shatter and EP that deal all the dmg, neither of which are reliant on sheet dps.

FoA would indeed be your ideal offhand, but anything with CDR and socket (for diamond) works. Azurewrath is a solid option if you have one of those for an extra freeze chance.

Main things you want to stack, in priority order are:
1. CDR (try to get at least 65% sheet CDR)
2. +phys dmg (buffs your EP explosion - really important if you have no FoA)
3. +elite dmg (also buffs EP)
4. Resists/armour (worth crafting str pieces for the bonus armour rolls via str.
5. Vit / life %

Keep in mind that all the traditional dps rolls are USELESS for this build, so that makes gearing a lot easier.

Here's a vid of a monk running that spec and a DH clearing a T6 rift in under 4 mins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0LHhii198

Link to how the build works, gearing etc

Boogdud

it really depends on what skills you use and what other items you have. like a mask of jeram magnifies TMF even more.

my sheet dps is 1m but my dog crits for 40-50 million.

Right, but you have sycophants and garg doing 20% more damage as well with ptv, at all times. The dog is awesome, but I don't think one extra dog makes up for all those other sources. It's not like you run big dawg and that's it.

I'll have to test it out when I get home. My dog crits for about the same with ptv and not using loyalty. May try it just for the speed boost when doing bounties.

cdyhybrid

I'm on a hot streak:

p4SOs7b.png

I'm assuming I should reroll the Poison damage into Physical, but it occurs to me that I already use Poison spells in Rain of Toads and Piranhado, and could also switch my Garg Dog to the Poison rune, which would allow me to reroll the damage to CHD.

Thoughts?

Build:

JoeMartin

Absolutely. Get the end of a long winding rift without spawning the RG for the home teleporter? Fuck that.

I carry Shukrani, Nemesis & CJC all the time.

Boogdud

I'm on a hot streak:

I'm assuming I should reroll the Poison damage into Physical, but it occurs to me that I already use Poison spells in Rain of Toads and Piranhado, and could also switch my Garg Dog to the Poison rune, which would allow me to reroll the damage to CHD.

Thoughts?

Build:[/QUOTE]

Having a banner day! I would actually leave it poison until you try it, I assume your dog is fire atm for the aoe? Poison rune on him is very very strong too but for single (high hp) targets. Just give it a shot as poison for a bit and see if it works for you. If not you can always reroll later.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, I actually just got done running a few rifts with it (on T5 though, wanted to see it in action before jumping to T6) and I'm surprised how well it works. For the offhand I was just using a borns sword I had in my stash with 10% cdr but I just realized I have an azurewrath as well so I am going to give it a try and see if the extra freeze is worth it.

I like the cyclone/EP playstyle anyway and this makes it pretty viable solo so I guess I am just going to keep doing it.

cdyhybrid

Having a banner day! I would actually leave it poison until you try it, I assume your dog is fire atm for the aoe? Poison rune on him is very very strong too but for single (high hp) targets. Just give it a shot as poison for a bit and see if it works for you. If not you can always reroll later.

Only a few packs in but it seems alright so far. Piranhado bunching packs up for Rain of Toads and easy surrounding by my Fetishes seems to work pretty well so far.

Also, I hate these caster mobs that kinda look like Baal. They're putting a fire effect on the ground (not Molten) that is absolutely wrecking me. Gonna have to make big gains in toughness before I can move out of T4. I suppose upgrading my gems to Flawless Royal quality will help a lot (currently using Flawless Imperial because I'm a dirty poor).

Edit: Smoldering Constructs! That's what they're called.

Shifty76

Yeah, I actually just got done running a few rifts with it (on T5 though, wanted to see it in action before jumping to T6) and I'm surprised how well it works. For the offhand I was just using a borns sword I had in my stash with 10% cdr but I just realized I have an azurewrath as well so I am going to give it a try and see if the extra freeze is worth it.

I like the cyclone/EP playstyle anyway and this makes it pretty viable solo so I guess I am just going to keep doing it.

I was actually going to suggest Born's sword as an option. That means you could get CDR from Borns and Capt Crimson sets, yet still have room in the shoulder/bracer or chest/bracer slots for Aughilds for that nice 15% elite dmg. Unless you're running Strongarms of course...

Glad to hear it's working out for you :)

No Frosties for me, so I'm bribing a wiz buddy to come along and freeze stuff for me

ZenaxPure

I was actually going to suggest Born's sword as an option. That means you could get CDR from Borns and Capt Crimson sets, yet still have room in the shoulder/bracer or chest/bracer slots for Aughilds for that nice 15% elite dmg. Unless you're running Strongarms of course...

Glad to hear it's working out for you :)

No Frosties for me, so I'm bribing a wiz buddy to come along and freeze stuff for me

I am really thankful I never salvaged my second furnace (salvaged the first one I got though :x) since I don't think RGs would be possible solo without it. Otherwise it's pretty clear after running some rifts that I need an az'turrasq for sure. It works well enough without it but there have been too many times where my frosty explosion will go off only for an elite mob to still be standing with a sliver of health which is very annoying.

Good luck with your hunt for frostburn though... I think I spent around 10k shards on gloves before I ever saw a pair (and this was before you could gamble set items). It's a pretty shitty item to try and get.

Shifty76

Good luck with your hunt for frostburn though... I think I spent around 10k shards on gloves before I ever saw a pair (and this was before you could gamble set items). It's a pretty shitty item to try and get.

I had frosties. 2 pairs actually. Got em from Kadala when trying for Magefists. Of course, at the time I was "hell with that, monk doesn't even have any cold skills so I salvaged both. Trying to get them now is very painful. If I find one more Sunwoku's Paws or St Andrew's Gage...actually, I might start gambling with my WD, then there's always the chance of the T&T consolation prize :)

garath

Its stories like these which contribute to my hoarding problem. I keep any legendary I get with a unique affix and if I already have one I make sure I keep the better of the two. Just in case some build down the line becomes viable and requires some specific item.

ZenaxPure

Its stories like these which contribute to my hoarding problem. I keep any legendary I get with a unique affix and if I already have one I make sure I keep the better of the two. Just in case some build down the line becomes viable and requires some specific item.

Haha. I don't really hoard everything with a unique affix, but, if I know it's a pretty rare item (like frostburn) I will usually try and hold onto it, even if it has garbage stats like the frostburn I have now (which ironically is actually good for the monk since it rolled CDR on it by default).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Fucking Malthael never want to drop Reaper's Fear. :( Must have killed him 10 times already in T2.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Fucking Malthael never want to drop Reaper's Fear. :( Must have killed him 10 times already in T2.

Maybe try teaming up with a friend and using an alt to maintain the checkpoint to speed up the fights. (assuming that works, haven't tried it yet)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Another day of depression and bad luck, still no Quetzalcoatl after nearly 50,000 Blood Shards. At this point I'm just going to assume I've angered someone at Blizzard and this is their revenge, no person can be this unlucky.

Ultratech

Another day of depression and bad luck, still no Quetzalcoatl after nearly 50,000 Blood Shards. At this point I'm just going to assume I've angered someone at Blizzard and this is their revenge, no person can be this unlucky.

I've spent close to 15k Shards on Tasker & Theo and have yet to have any significant luck on that.
(Additionally, I also don't have a Quetzalcoatl.)

I feel your pain, if only a little bit.

eek5

Not sure everyone knows this but if you put your bounty bags in your stash then open them on another class the contents will roll for them. Managed to get another RORG running high torment on my DH for my crusader. Had the shoulders and the ring come out of the same bag actually

So run those bounties with your best/fastest character

aka do 4 man split normal bounties with 4 DH

Boogdud

Got my third MoJ tonight... sidegrade 93%, then finally got a SMK! Problem is, I'm running pets with TMF, and well.. I honestly feel a little weaker with the smk in VI solo. I don't know but even with 15 fs and the big dog out it doesn't always seem like bbv is up all that often (I barely use it when I have my tf), plus it's positional so half the time you have to run out of it losing the effect on champs/packs.

It's really the last piece of uber gear I needed and after using a tf for so long it doesn't really feel like an upgrade like the MoJ or TnT was.

jblank83

Take the white minimum and maximum damage numbers, right under the words "Damage Per Second" in the item box, and add them. Then divide by two. This is the average damage the weapon will produce per hit. Now multiply the average damage by the weapon's "Attacks per Second" value. This is the derived DPS value displayed in huge white font at the very top of the item box.

In this case that is...
((1276 + 1722) / 2) * 1.4 = (1499 * 1.4) = 2098.6

Now, if you reroll the damage range to add 100 to the maximum and 50 to the minimum, those numbers will change as so...
((1326 + 1822) / 2) * 1.4 = (1571 * 1.4) = 2203.6

If you roll the VIT to 10% dmg, you, obviously, add 10% to the average damage value...
(((1276 + 1722) / 2) * 1.1) * 1.4 = (1648 * 1.4) = 2308.46

Thus you will gain significantly more DPS by rolling VIT to 10% damage. Whether you absolutely require VIT on your weapon rather than raw damage I'll leave up to you to decide. I will say that your weapon is your primary source of raw damage, one of the most important values in the entire game for most classes, a value impossible or difficult to obtain in other slots. While it is possible to find the average damage stat on jewelry and off-hand, average damage on jewelry loses out to more desirable possibilities such as crit chance, crit damage, cooldown reduction, and so on.

Laconic

Banned
Take the white minimum and maximum damage numbers, right under the words "Damage Per Second" in the item box, and add them. Then divide by two. This is the average damage the weapon will produce per hit. Now multiply the average damage by the weapon's "Attacks per Second" value. This is the derived DPS value displayed in huge white font at the very top of the item box.

In this case that is...
((1276 + 1722) / 2) * 1.4 = (1499 * 1.4) = 2098.6

Now, if you reroll the damage range to add 100 to the maximum and 50 to the minimum, those numbers will change as so...
((1326 + 1822) / 2) * 1.4 = (1571 * 1.4) = 2203.6

If you roll the VIT to 10% dmg, you, obviously, add 10% to the average damage value...
(((1276 + 1722) / 2) * 1.1) * 1.4 = (1648 * 1.4) = 2308.46

Thus you will gain significantly more DPS by rolling VIT to 10% damage. Whether you absolutely require VIT on your weapon rather than raw damage I'll leave up to you to decide. I will say that your weapon is your primary source of raw damage, one of the most important values in the entire game for most classes, a value impossible or difficult to obtain in other slots. While it is possible to find the average damage stat on jewelry and off-hand, average damage on jewelry loses out to more desirable possibilities such as crit chance, crit damage, cooldown reduction, and so on.

I got a 9% after my 4th roll. I'm happy with that for now, I think. :)

advroll_zps658d72f7.png

jblank83

9% is pretty good unless you have souls and money to waste. I'm always content with "1 off" rolls, just slightly less than the max.

Congratulations on the Thunderfury, btw. Great weapon.

Lain

I've given up any hope to ever find frostburn, and I've replaced my Vyr Gloves with... another pair of Vyr Gloves which had somewhat better stats, though I had to put some Crit Damage on them. Wish they came with it already, so I could have put some Cooldown reduction instead, as I should start upping that one.

I have a question about Mirror Image, how is the damage the Images do calculated? It says Spells cast by your Mirror Images will deal 10% of the damage of your own spells. but looking at the damage each of them puts out, it doesn't feel like it's 10% of the damage of my own spells, unless it's without certain modifiers applied, like buffs, passives or skill/elemental dmg.
My Magic Missiles will crit in the 4-5 million range (more on elites), but the ones fired by the images only crits for 235k or so instead of the high 400. Unless the 10% means in reality 10% total between the two images?

Another question, anyone uses Energy Twister in a meaningful manner? If so, how? With the vortex movement being so unpredictable I feel the spell is kinda useless, but it's more likely that I simply never realized its good points.

at first sight I was about to say to reroll the LoH for %dmg (6-10), then I noticed that the dmg rolled minimum stat (I think the bare minimum is 869 and you rolled 870). So my advice is to roll the dmg, if you manage to get a value toward the higher stat (the min-max damages roll accordingly, so if you roll max on one you also roll max on the other and vice versa) will be a bit higher base dmg than with a flat %increase on a low value.
Anyway it's not a big difference between 10% dmg increase and max rolled dmg (on favor of the latter), so it's your choice, just remember that if you decide to reroll the LoH for %dmg you'll lose it, if you reroll the base dmg you'll keep it and even if it's not the most desirable stat it's still better having it than not.
I'd reroll the base dmg

Cheers for the advice. I agree re-rolling the base damage seems like the way to go. Too bad there's no way to guarantee that I'll ever get the matching piece.

WoH wizard build is legit boys!

T6 getting worked in groups. Going to try solo this weekend.

Crits on mobs are 9-10mil and 13-16 on elites.

And that doesn't take into account Tal Rasha spamming all meteors.

Grampasso

Cheers for the advice. I agree re-rolling the base damage seems like the way to go. Too bad there's no way to guarantee that I'll ever get the matching piece.
Cheers :) I wouldn't worry about that, I've had the Danetta twins drop both multiple times (like 4-5 each). Also they're absolutely the FASTEST way to farm bounties, basically infinite vaults (action shot) + hot pursuit. Never destroy them even if you'll find better weapons, I still use them to farm rift stones

Boogdud

Which is the better helm for my BS Crusader?

Boy, that's really a wash it seems. The holy from visage will help you with heaven's fury if you're using a holy rune, but really, it's real close. I'd probably use the crown just for the crit chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom