• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Im a working stiff with a pregnant wife and a 6 year old. I get to play about 10 hours a week at odd times. But I usually manage to get a rifting group with GAF together for at least an hour in a session.

I'm probably the bare minimum of what should be expected from an active clan. The game is SO much more enjoyable when there are people to play with and the clan really facilitates that with the open game list and such.

Once the kid is born I'm probably out. I doubt I'll have time to maintain that activity. :(

ZenaxPure

So jealous.

For what it's worth, when people say this I assume they always mean time it takes to kill the rift guardian, which, I think pretty much all the runs we did today were in the 10-15 minute range for the RG kill.

But yeah, there are always random factors that come in to play with it which is why I hate talking about clear times. I had a rift a couple of days ago when I was playing alone where the first floor was fairly large and there was, I shit you not, only 9 mobs on the entire floor (3 packs of 3). Wasted like 4 minutes just running through it to find the exit. Sometimes rifts are awesome, sometimes they suck.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Other Jade Doctors, how do you deal with rifts like that? It feels impossible because there are so many enemies that teleport, burrow, are primarily projectile users, or just naturally stand far apart from one another that it feels like I can never get anything solid going.

This is where the zDPS monks come into play. I'm not sure how people would deal with them solo. Pirahnado?

I'm definitely on a long break from D3. Do I have to leave the clan manually or can someone just remove me in order to make room for anyone that might want in?

All taken care of.

I got everything set up for tracking and I'll check back on activity in 2 weeks or so.

isuzu

got my tall man's and RoRG today yisssss

got 2 RoRG in t2 caches and the tall man's was a gift (bless d3 people)

now my doge can have proper fun
RdAC4ZD.gif

eek5

So jealous.

I'm struggling on T6 with my Witch Doctor. I don't really get how the hell people are claiming to do under 9 minute rifts, because whenever I do rifts I get rifts that are filled with nothing but those teleporting meteor spammers, champion and elite rockworms that more or less one shot me, and those annoying little flies and the annoying little enemies that crawl on the ground that you can't see and ugh.

This rift (it's the one I'm on now that I've alt-tabbed to complain about) is about to take me twenty minutes and it is absolutely ridiculous.

Other Jade Doctors, how do you deal with rifts like that? It feels impossible because there are so many enemies that teleport, burrow, are primarily projectile users, or just naturally stand far apart from one another that it feels like I can never get anything solid going.

Oh, and Armored Destroyers. They've been falling on my head out of nowhere and one-shotting me. It just happened again. T_T

I just don't solo T6 w/ my JH WD. EHP too low. Dying even once sets you back too far on your runs. If you die 2-3 times your efficiency goes out the window. Until they fix skill bonus on SH bombs it probably isn't worth it to solo T6 with JH WD.

The only way to play it right now is to gear up to the point where you do 1/2 hp dmg to elites on T6 then from there transition to full CDR so you can do 2 SH as fast as possible.

Kvik

So I just joined the GAF community in-game (US servers), but I can't see anyone except the officers in the roster. How can I join any hosted game by community members?

I normally play every weekend (not much room to play on weekdays, I'm afraid), but I'm keen to play with other Gaffers (even though my gear still left much to be desired).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So I just joined the GAF community in-game (US servers), but I can't see anyone except the officers in the roster. How can I join any hosted game by community members?

I normally play every weekend (not much room to play on weekdays, I'm afraid), but I'm keen to play with other Gaffers (even though my gear still left much to be desired).

Click the little connect icon next to the community name in the window to join the chat, and then you'll be able to talk to other people in the community who are on. (need to do it every time unfortunately). There are too many people for it to show the regular members in the roster.

If people keep jumping in there when they're on then we can get that going again. I know there are still a few people from GAFO and GAFMAX out there

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my set shoulders which I've been working on the last few days, I already had a pair but with 0 CDR, this pair had 6% which isn't perfect but it was an all round stat upgrade as well. Currently at 42% CDR, I need 56% for permanent Akarat's Champion.

Kvik

Click the little connect icon next to the community name in the window to join the chat, and then you'll be able to talk to other people in the community who are on. (need to do it every time unfortunately). There are too many people for it to show the regular members in the roster.

If people keep jumping in there when they're on then we can get that going again. I know there are still a few people from GAFO and GAFMAX out there

Ah OK cool. It's a bit weird that it doesn't show the full members list, my first thought was that the server wasn't matchmaking properly. I'll give it a spin this weekend! Thanks! :)

Mumei

I just don't solo T6 w/ my JH WD. EHP too low. Dying even once sets you back too far on your runs. If you die 2-3 times your efficiency goes out the window. Until they fix skill bonus on SH bombs it probably isn't worth it to solo T6 with JH WD.

The only way to play it right now is to gear up to the point where you do 1/2 hp dmg to elites on T6 then from there transition to full CDR so you can do 2 SH as fast as possible.

Yeah, though your WD appears to be especially squishy, even with Uhkapian. I'm running around with ~10m toughness thanks to Horrifying Aspect, and with more paragon levels (for +Armor bonus) and some slightly better versions of equipment I already have I should be at just under 14m. I think that will help a lot with my survivability issues. Oh, and I'm using the Siphon rune on Soul Harvest which helps supplement my healing given my high HP and rather low life per second recovery.

And as far as CDR goes, I don't think it's necessary to stack all that much; Grave Injustice covers a lot of your cooldown needs. I mean, if you're one-on-one against a single elite or a rift guardian, yeah, more CDR is nice but generally speaking there are enough enemies and white mobs that lets you proc it. I can one-shot champions in the low-500 million range without Strongarm (and mid-600 with it), so if I've done things right and haunted and locusted the enemies nearby, killing them should be enough for me to get that second shot on the elite if it is necessary. Even if your CDR is in the 40s, you'll still have, what, 8 seconds left? 9 seconds? I don't know how it is calculated with Spirit Vessel; in any event you'll still be relying on Grave Injustice for the bulk of your cooldown reduction needs. And for my needs, Horrifying Aspect and Piranhado helps to cover any remaining downtime.

On the sort of rift I was on, I think it would just suck for any Jade Doctor between the layout (prison), the enemies (harpies, rockworms, dudes who fall on your head from the sky, meteors, insects), and density (low, except when rockworms showed up). I don't really think it would have helped me to have ~4X% CDR instead of ~33% CDR; the enemies still would have been nearly one-shotting me and I'd still be dealing with enemies standing too far apart (and don't mob you when you use locust swarm!) and I'd just be dealing with an extra second-ish less of cooldown.

*shrugs*

I could be wrong, of course, though I will say that I've seen more than a few Jade Doctors in videos and streams dealing with T6 solo... though none have had my special brand of luck with rifts. :x

Man I am getting sick of being denied access to the elusive Marauder's club. I've got one piece (gloves) from Kadala and have been running torment 1-3 hoping for some other piece to drop while I spend my shards on legs and am not getting any love :(

Mind you, I don't think my uniques are particularly bad (profile) but it'd be nice to have some matching greens on.

Taz

Jade is best used in groups, yes you can solo T6 but a lot of these vids your watching are cherry picked rifts, the most effective way to use Jade solo is to drop it to a torment where you can one shot most elites and just run through the rifts in 3-8 mins, once the fix the skill damage bug on items this should change.

Lain

I started playing with T4, it's been easier than I thought, though most likely I've been hella lucky with the kind of elites I've had to face.
On the other hand, the game keeps handing me 2h weapons which are completely useless to me (I constantly play a wizard).

I've started handing Kadala shards for 1h weapons in hope to one day find a Wand of Woh or a Thunderfury, but I kinda regret it, just like I regret burning 40 millions on trying to, once again, up the Magic Missile mods on my pants and source and ending up empty handed: no mod upgrade and no gold left lol.

dengatron

wat? i haven't played this last week but i was one shotting non yellow packs the second i finished JH. unity instead of SOJ slows me down by a minute or so on average but never dying, to anything, ever, is well worth it.

Past week, I've been in Wiz gear sharing rifts....farming for Vyr's pants, boots and gloves. Got the pants off the gear sharing group, gloves dropped for me and then managed to gambled for the boots!

Now I'm a WoW/Archon hybrid fire wizard. Need to upgrade my amulet and RoRG. Min/max possible on shoulders and gloves.

Still feeling squishy after replacing Teleport - Safe Passage for Archon.

Here's my profile

eek5

wat? i haven't played this last week but i was one shotting non yellow packs the second i finished JH. unity instead of SOJ slows me down by a minute or so on average but never dying, to anything, ever, is well worth it.

not everyone can be you homie. :(

not everyone can be you homie. :(

What? anyone can do unity x2 solo... Still think jade sucks ass unless you do it in a group with a monk as the prepping with locust/haunt/piranhado setup can take a bit of work especially if against a mob that spreads out.

eek5

What? anyone can do unity x2 solo... Still think jade sucks ass unless you do it in a group with a monk as the prepping with locust/haunt/piranhado setup can take a bit of work especially if against a mob that spreads out.

deng is like #1 dps US NA EU... :(

Past week, I've been in Wiz gear sharing rifts....farming for Vyr's pants, boots and gloves. Got the pants off the gear sharing group, gloves dropped for me and then managed to gambled for the boots!

Now I'm a WoW/Archon hybrid fire wizard. Need to upgrade my amulet and RoRG. Min/max possible on shoulders and gloves.

Still feeling squishy after replacing Teleport - Safe Passage for Archon.

Here's my profile

Swap to the fire rune of Archon to get your elemental damage bonus

Grampasso

Too many things happening IRL are keeping me out of the game lately, many training sessions and new fiancée... I hope I'll be able to come back asap, don't play too much in the meantime! :p :p :p

Mumei

Jade is best used in groups, yes you can solo T6 but a lot of these vids your watching are cherry picked rifts, the most effective way to use Jade solo is to drop it to a torment where you can one shot most elites and just run through the rifts in 3-8 mins, once the fix the skill damage bug on items this should change.

I suppose. I don't know that everything I watched was cherry-picked; you can't very well cherry-pick a rift on a live stream, after all. I get frustrated playing Jade in groups because it often feels like I'm not contributing anything. I only really feel useful in those odd fights where there are three or four elite packs together, because I'm actually able to contribute to crowd control (Horrify / Piranhado) and my nukes feel effective. In almost any other situation it's

1. Piranhado
2. Locusts
3. Haunt
4. Soul Ha - Wait, the party already killed it
5. Let's run to the next monster!

So I usually end up running off ahead or by myself so I get to kill ~something~.

And I don't think that my issues are entirely with Jade as a set. I think it is partially that but I can also see that I've picked up some bad habits from group play (since I can assume that if I miss things the rest of the party will still be able to clean-up), and their kills help to proc Grave Injustice and make it feel like the cooldown is even lower than it is. I also have bad habits with the set-up. Ideally I want to be casting Piranhado to gather the initial group, then Locusts to aggro more enemies, then Haunt some of the enemies, then Harvest. And I've noticed that I've often been neglecting to use Locusts, not really doing a good job Haunting efficiently, and so I've often done a Harvest only to see that I simply missed some dots. And I often react poorly to random enemies - mashing Soul Harvest immediately before setting up dots; standing around enemies waiting for cooldown while trying to rely a bit too much on Horrify and Piranhas to hold me in stead rather than funneling monsters to me where I can set up better.

I played some this morning, and my rifts were closer to ~12.5 minutes rather than ~17-18 (25 in one case :() minutes. I think I can probably get it to where 9-10 minutes is reasonable for most rifts.

Wickwire

b-b..but you can already use any item...

hahaha I know I can. I use each wizard for different situations. I never swapped gear before and use each enough now to justify the hours leveling, which in over all game play time wasn't really that much. I think my last two took about
13hrs(?) each to level solo

garath

Man I am getting sick of being denied access to the elusive Marauder's club. I've got one piece (gloves) from Kadala and have been running torment 1-3 hoping for some other piece to drop while I spend my shards on legs and am not getting any love :(

Mind you, I don't think my uniques are particularly bad (profile) but it'd be nice to have some matching greens on.

It'll come. The legs are actually the only piece I haven't seen drop normally. I got mine from Kadala. I've gotten multiple helms, boots and shoulders but only one set of gloves and chest. Chest took forever.

Lighting DH though. That's cool! How's that working out?

J0dy77

It'll come. The legs are actually the only piece I haven't seen drop normally. I got mine from Kadala. I've gotten multiple helms, boots and shoulders but only one set of gloves and chest. Chest took forever.

F Kadala. I've spent over 10k trying to get Akkhan legs and still nothing. If I see one more hammer jammer!!!! /shakesfist

garath

F Kadala. I've spent over 10k trying to get Akkhan legs and still nothing. If I see one more hammer jammer!!!! /shakesfist

The way I got the legs was such a RNG thing too. I had been pumping shard after shard looking for them with nothing - usually 200 at a time. Did a bounty before bed while my wife was getting ready for bed and before I turned the game off I saw I had 10 shards. Just for the heck of it I decided to throw them at the legs again. I even misclicked the first 5 shards and got a yellow belt. Second click was on legs and lo and behold - maurader's legs. I think I stared at it with my mouth open for a solid 30 seconds before having it sink in.

robochimp

Same thing happened to me with IK boots, I had 6 shards threw down for boots and there they were.

Now getting a decent pair of pants is a different story, nothing but depth diggers.

Shifty76

For what it's worth, when people say this I assume they always mean time it takes to kill the rift guardian, which, I think pretty much all the runs we did today were in the 10-15 minute range for the RG kill.

No, that was an entire T6 rift clear, from start to RG dying. Granted, we were spoiled with lots of summoner mobs so the trash kill counter filled up pretty quick, but even so, pretty much all runs take < 10 mins. I'd say average time would be 7-8 mins depending on density.

Party comprised of two zdps shatter monks, a pet doc and a crusader.

Celegus

Any suggestions for a shield as a Fire / Darklight Crusader? I'm still using a jengaboard with decent stats, but obviously don't use Blessed Shield. I do have the shield with reduced cooldown on Heaven's Fury, but sadly there's no fire rune on that. I currently use Phalanx- Bowmen for some extra damage, but maybe Heaven's Fury would be better since I'd be able to keep it out almost all the time? Not sure which rune works the best with Firestarter though.

lilltias

Kadala finally gave me som Harringtons! I actually wanted a Witching Hour for my Carnevil build, but I'm not sure if that one is actually better. 10% IAS is awesome when sniping with my fetishes though. Btw, is CHD not very desired with a pet build? I actually use zombie bears when clearing out mobs in pirhanado though, so I guess it's not totally worthless there.

Krassus

Can any seasoned Wiz check out my profile? Im getting ROCKED on T6 and my toughness and stats are really nice (12k armor, 2k resists, 500k life). I also have %Arc bracers that are aughilds not showing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luxury-1795/hero/39603715

Thanks in advance

@Garrath, I went physical sans bracer and its a much nicer change. In all honestly after trying every class I think DH's have it the best at T6. Cant wait to get a phys bracer and neck.

Yeah I just solo T5 with my WD and group T6. It's funny too because as much as I bitch about my monk, he solo's T6 pretty well. A little slow, but still doable and surely less deaths than my WD.

I just got a dex fire SOJ that rolled a native 7% IAS, so I'm rolling the secondary resist to match my OWE stat. After stacking about 100 element, 65 elite and about 60 CDR, my generator less build feels pretty solid. I
Don't think I would group higher than T5 with monk though as I might drag the group DPS down. My LTK crits are hitting 20+ million mark against elites though.

My DH is close T5/6 as well. Just need that mara's boots to swap out the chest to a cindercoat or garwolf. I have a good Phy SOJ and the coat already. So Mara boots and a rucksack and I think he's pretty done too.

So jealous.

I'm struggling on T6 with my Witch Doctor. I don't really get how the hell people are claiming to do under 9 minute rifts
, because whenever I do rifts I get rifts that are filled with nothing but those teleporting meteor spammers, champion and elite rockworms that more or less one shot me, and those annoying little flies and the annoying little enemies that crawl on the ground that you can't see and ugh.

This rift (it's the one I'm on now that I've alt-tabbed to complain about) is about to take me twenty minutes and it is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and Armored Destroyers. They've been falling on my head out of nowhere and one-shotting me. It just happened again. T_T

They don't, they cherrypick some high density act1 rift that they did in 7 minutes or some rift where they found 1-2 conduits and pretend that is their average.

If you want to speed up rifts on your wd you want cooldown reduction and a sunkeeper (low speed = high base dmg and you need the elite dmg not white mob dmg)
Bad rifts will still take 12 mins or so though.

It's like the people in this thread who claim they ezmode t4 on their freshly dinged wds or that they do t5-6 in 8 mins on their barb or that they were farming t5-6 as SoH whirlwind barb
Just pretend they are fishermen telling you how big that fish they caught was.

It's alright and I can do T3 (haven't tried any higher).
Wasn't aiming for lightning and was wearing a cinder coat before but all my good drops rolled with lightning % so I just leant into it after the garwulf dropped.

Laconic

Banned
All I want is a Kridershot. I am sick of rolling T1-3 with my Lightning Thief I mean Barb. How do you people get 35 mil toughness? My Barb sits at around 4.5 mil without his buffs up.

EDIT:

Also, I do not see how anyone can do 5 minute clears. Clear = killing everything amd clicking most objects, yes? It takes my Barb 5 minutes to walk across each floor, barring the long ones where the guardian pops earlier. How do you do it? Even on normal it would take that long (kill speed being the same as T1~2).

garath

All I want is a Kridershot. I am sick of rolling T1-3 with my Lightning Thief I mean Barb. How do you people get 35 mil toughness? My Barb sits at around 4.5 mil without his buffs up.

EDIT:

Also, I do not see how anyone can do 5 minute clears. Clear = killing everything amd clicking most objects, yes? It takes my Barb 5 minutes to walk across each floor, barring the long ones where the guardian pops earlier. How do you do it? Even on normal it would take that long (kill speed being the same as T1~2).

For clear, people are just talking about getting the rift guardian to pop and kill him for the shards.

Frankly I've gotten more value out of my rifts by hitting all the clickables on my way to the guardian as well so I consider 10-12 min to the guardian good enough for me. I generally don't go past the guardian unless I'm just enjoying the game or it's my last rift or it's a particularly dense level.

StMeph

Any suggestions for a shield as a Fire / Darklight Crusader? I'm still using a jengaboard with decent stats, but obviously don't use Blessed Shield. I do have the shield with reduced cooldown on Heaven's Fury, but sadly there's no fire rune on that. I currently use Phalanx- Bowmen for some extra damage, but maybe Heaven's Fury would be better since I'd be able to keep it out almost all the time? Not sure which rune works the best with Firestarter though.

Usually Hellskull (10% damage + skill (up to 15%) + CDR) or Lidless Wall (20% element) are the go-tos if you have no specific build needs from shield like with Jekangbord.

lilltias

EDIT:

I also wonder about this actually. But one thing is to put all of your paragons into walk speed, and also have at least one or two pieces of gear that increase your walking speed. Or som skill, that let you zip/teleport.

StMeph

I also wonder about this actually. But one thing is to put all of your paragons into walk speed, and also have at least one or two pieces of gear that increase your walking speed. Or som skill, that let you zip/teleport.

There's a 25% cap to Move Speed from Paragon + gear. You want to reach that cap, but usually it's a matter of balancing Paragon distribution to whatever +MS you already have from gear. Any more than that (from gear or Paragon) is totally wasted.

lilltias

There's a 25% cap to Move Speed from Paragon + gear. You want to reach that cap, but usually it's a matter of balancing Paragon distribution to whatever +MS you already have from gear. Any more than that (from gear or Paragon) is totally wasted.

Ah, yes. Will passives increase your MS above 25% or is that a hard cap?

Celegus

Usually Hellskull (10% damage + skill (up to 15%) + CDR) or Lidless Wall (20% element) are the go-tos if you have no specific build needs from shield like with Jekangbord.

Lidless sounds like it could be fun, if I can ever find a fire one. Helskull only works with 2H weapons, right? It wouldn't benefit Darklight then. Gonna start tossing my shards at shields, since I very rarely find them.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Is it me, or did they stealth nerf Kadala shortly after the buff was "made permanent"? I've been spending around 5k shards a day trying to get an SOJ. I was averaging 1 legendary ring per 1000-1500 shards for the 2-3 weeks prior to the extension but now I'm lucky if I see 1 legendary per 5000 shards. I've spent in excess of 100k on rings so far and the difference pre/post extension has felt night and day to me. I realize the buff never applied to Kadala. That's just the point in time when I noticed a change. Also, "made permanent" is in quotes because it sure as hell doesn't feel like it stayed permanent to me. I've been running on T6 and averaging 1 leg per 3-4 rifts whereas I was getting 3-4 per rift during the first week.

I'm wondering if this is because of RIF.

Celegus

Think that's just bad luck. I got most of my Akkhan and IK sets from her after the buff week. Haven't gotten anything in a week or so worthwhile now, but I attribute that to RNG.

Is there a patch today? They need to fix the sycophant bug. I want to run a pure poison pet build but the sycophants keep overwriting my blowdart fetishes. :(

Nymerio

Question: Is the 25% elite damage worth the 20% hit in sheet damage?

s1yvQwI.png

Tried some bounties on T5 and did I did ok, but I'm sure if it is worth it. Rerolled the vit on the sunkeeper to a socket. I guess it's a pretty bad sunkeeper.

I currently prefer the flayer because double exploding addling toads is pretty nice to have since it also affects elite mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom