• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Question: Is the 25% elite damage worth the 20% hit in sheet damage?

s1yvQwI.png

Tried some bounties on T5 and did I did ok, but I'm sure if it is worth it. Rerolled the vit on the sunkeeper to a socket. I guess it's a pretty bad sunkeeper.

I currently prefer the flayer because double exploding addling toads is pretty nice to have since it also affects elite mobs.

imo, not worth. I'd keep the flayer. I'm not sure how much witch doctors like attack speed but maybe it's even worth a reroll to damage% too.

Nymerio

imo, not worth. I'd keep the flayer. I'm not sure how much witch doctors like attack speed but maybe it's even worth a reroll to damage% too.

I ran out souls when I was rerolling the flayer and just kept it at attack speed. I think I'll try to get damage now that I have a couple souls to spare.

Question: Is the 25% elite damage worth the 20% hit in sheet damage?

s1yvQwI.png

Tried some bounties on T5 and did I did ok, but I'm sure if it is worth it. Rerolled the vit on the sunkeeper to a socket. I guess it's a pretty bad sunkeeper.

I currently prefer the flayer because double exploding addling toads is pretty nice to have since it also affects elite mobs.

Use the flayer for pets, use the Sunkeeper for jade build. Look at the base DPS on the Sunkeeper. It's range is much better and haunt is based off of the weapon base and isn't affected by the faster attack speed (which bring the DPS of the flayer up.)

StMeph

Ah, yes. Will passives increase your MS above 25% or is that a hard cap?

The cap only applies to bonuses from gear and Paragon points. Passives, Active skills, and Shrine buffs can all increase move speed over 25%.

Lidless sounds like it could be fun, if I can ever find a fire one. Helskull only works with 2H weapons, right? It wouldn't benefit Darklight then. Gonna start tossing my shards at shields, since I very rarely find them.

Yeah, Hellskull is 2H only. Just such a staple for Akarat's CDR needs and Heavenly Strength that I forgot Darklight is a 1H flail.

cdyhybrid

Cain's 2 piece or Captain Crimson's 2 piece for a Pet Doctor? (i.e. 8% attack speed or 10% CDR)

I don't have Starmetal Kukri and I'm using Grave Injustice/Fetish Sycophants.

Shifty76

They don't, they cherrypick some high density act1 rift that they did in 7 minutes or some rift where they found 1-2 conduits and pretend that is their average.

Actually, they do.
3:39 clear, no shrines/pylons used. Yeah, it's an A1 rift, but still. That's half the time that you claim people are capable of, and it wasn't boosted by any pylons/shrines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0LHhii198

If you still don't believe those clear times are possible I'll round up my usual T6 rift crew and record a vid for you. Like I say, most clears are 6-7 mins start to finish.

Mumei

Actually, they do.
3:39 clear, no shrines/pylons used. Yeah, it's an A1 rift, but still. That's half the time that you claim people are capable of, and it wasn't boosted by any pylons/shrines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0LHhii198

If you still don't believe those clear times are possible I'll round up my usual T6 rift crew and record a vid for you. Like I say, most clears are 6-7 mins start to finish.

Solo, not as a group. I've done four or five minute rifts with another WD and a Monk, sure, but obviously that's not going to happen alone unless I find Conduits or the rift is exceptionally dense.

Shifty76

Solo, not as a group. I've done four or five minute rifts with another WD and a Monk, sure, but obviously that's not going to happen alone unless I find Conduits or the rift is exceptionally dense.

Ah, yeah, solo will be way slower. I've seen vids of solo monks clearing T6 rifts in 8-9 mins but nothing quicker.

Seen lots of claims from WD's and wiz's about 6-7 min solo clears, but I don't really follow those classes as closely as I do monk so didn't bother to dig into it too much.

One thing I think everyone can agree on though is that a good zdps monk will cut your rift clear times in half, if not more,

scy

One thing I think everyone can agree on though is that a good zdps monk will cut your rift clear times in half, if not more,

At the cost of their sanity.

It also lets you get away with wackier builds (e.g., Holy Bombardment with multiple Crusaders + zDPS Monk is actually useful) for the sake of faster clears.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Is there a patch today? They need to fix the sycophant bug. I want to run a pure poison pet build but the sycophants keep overwriting my blowdart fetishes. :(

They aren't going to address that until patch 2.1 apparently. It sucks. Seems like anything that can be used to the player's advantage gets patched straight away while issues such as this one get placed on the back burner until the next major patch.

Mumei

Ah, yeah, solo will be way slower. I've seen vids of solo monks clearing T6 rifts in 8-9 mins but nothing quicker.

Seen lots of claims from WD's and wiz's about 6-7 min solo clears, but I don't really follow those classes as closely as I do monk so didn't bother to dig into it too much.

I've seen 6 - 7 minute solo clears on Jade WD T6 before the patch, though nothing after. In fairness, the 6 - 7 solo clears then were also on very dense maps, and no rifts I've seen after have been on particularly dense maps so it may just be that. Anything is possible on the right map; I once entered a rift with a group that was so ridiculously dense that, after that initial fight, we were a hair over 40% two minutes into the rift.

Every rift should be like that - a bunch of champion and elite packs of Colossal Golgar. <3

cdyhybrid

They aren't going to address that until patch 2.1 apparently. It sucks. Seems like anything that can be used to the player's advantage gets patched straight away while issues such as this one get placed on the back burner until the next major patch.

That's Blizzard Balance™ for you.

Cain's 2 piece or Captain Crimson's 2 piece for a Pet Doctor? (i.e. 8% attack speed or 10% CDR)

I don't have Starmetal Kukri and I'm using Grave Injustice/Fetish Sycophants.

Anyone? D:

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Anyone? D:
Neither? I'm using aughilds bracers, chest, and shoulders, Blackthorn's pants and boots, t&t, moj, unity, and ukhapian serpent. I use rain of toads to proc fetishes and grave injustice to lower cooldowns. I can clear t6 fast. I don't feel like attack speed or CDR is necessary for my build. I would rather stack elite damage and damage reduction. I never die on T6 unless something screwy happens.

ZenaxPure

No, that was an entire T6 rift clear, from start to RG dying. Granted, we were spoiled with lots of summoner mobs so the trash kill counter filled up pretty quick, but even so, pretty much all runs take < 10 mins. I'd say average time would be 7-8 mins depending on density.

Party comprised of two zdps shatter monks, a pet doc and a crusader.

I'm confused how that is a "no" since that is exactly what I said >_>

Anyway though, those times sound pretty reasonable for a floor full of shit like tomb guardians, those are pretty much the best for filling up the rift meter. Sadly with my luck I just don't seem to run into them much anymore. I think about half the floors I did with Mumei yesterday had the shitty act 5 mobs which I really hate. I guess stuff like that only helps a monk but on any other class I just find it annoying running through a floor with them. I really dislike how killing something like an executioner gives the same amount of bar as a tiny spider.

Boogdud

I want to see someone do a "I clear T6 in 5 minutes easy, solo" with the mobs I always seem to get when I do a solo T6 run. That being, effing sand wasps, anarchs, executioners, death maidens and winged assassins, all sprinkled with spawners.

Every time I go to do T6 solo, I get those mobs it seems. As a shotgun crusader/pet wd they're quite the pain. It takes me about 5 minutes to question why I'm even doing T6 at all... Then I just go back to murdalizing T4 with zero stress. Might be a different story if I could just get my 2nd unity to drop.

Shifty76

I want to see someone do a "I clear T6 in 5 minutes easy, solo" with the mobs I always seem to get when I do a solo T6 run. That being, effing sand wasps, anarchs, executioners, death maidens and winged assassins, all sprinkled with spawners.

Every time I go to do T6 solo, I get those mobs it seems. As a shotgun crusader/pet wd they're quite the pain. It takes me about 5 minutes to question why I'm even doing T6 at all... Then I just go back to murdalizing T4 with zero stress. Might be a different story if I could just get my 2nd unity to drop.

Heh, my experiences at solo rifting T6 generally mirror yours. Succubi are the worst though - that extra dmg buff they put on you really makes those attacks sting.

I'm confused how that is a "no" since that is exactly what I said >_>
You'd written "time to kill the RG" which I misinterpreted as killing the RG alone, not counting the time to clear up to it.

Mumei

Oh, haha. Man if it took you like 10 minutes to kill the RG alone you are probably on the wrong difficulty.

My Crusader just needs help with her damage. ;_;

My Crusader can run around in Torment 4 rifts with groups and tank hits aplenty, but she'll then turn around and struggle killing things on Torment.

Shifty76

Oh, haha. Man if it took you like 10 minutes to kill the RG alone you are probably on the wrong difficulty.
Heh, yeah. Or playing zdps shatter monk with no furnace or trash mobs to EP nuke the RG with. Yes, I've been there - takes A LONG TIME when you only hit for 400k at a time :/

ZenaxPure

Heh, yeah. Or playing zdps shatter monk with no furnace or trash mobs to EP nuke the RG with. Yes, I've been there - takes A LONG TIME when you only hit for 400k at a time :/

Sad part is I've found on my monk that even with a furnace the last few bits of HP can take longer than it took to get to that point solo. It's the only thing I don't like about the shatter build, that last 10% of HP or so on the RG.

CRA5H

After getting 4 MoJ Helms... the mask finally arrived!

R9IF7cL.jpg

Also got a Rheno to replace my Sunkeeper for my pet build. Not the best rolls but it works.

2XvTV1j.jpg

Now to get my TallMan, T&T, and Serpent.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I slogged through general forums today and came back with something useful.

Second anniversary livestream, part 1, from 35:08 to 37:10 - Wyatt Cheng and Jesse McCree talk about Rift it Forward and the current dev stance on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJHJgoOR0g&list=UUxn8csYeZg6awRnZS-aqg0g#t=2108

The key part is at 36:52. Having just finished talking about RiF and nerfing the Act 1 T6 rift exploit, they continue: (short paraphrase)
(Wyatt Cheng) When evaluating whether to nerf something, we consider the gameplay it's creating. If that's "play around with the UIs a lot", it's probably a good candidate for revision.
(Jesse McCree) ... or to sit and watch chat and right click on it.

Later, in segment 4 at 15:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwhz0yqHnM#t=897
(Rob Foote) You know, I think Wyatt said a great piece in his segment. If the gameplay of "what is the best thing to do" starts looking, you know, degenerate or worse, like you're just dealing with UI and chatting with people and trying to figure out if it's your turn to do something, that's probably not going to be the way you want to go. If you're killing monsters and having fun, that's probably the way you do want to go.

Relevant info for people jumping in on those discussions. The last quote by Grimiku isn't the latest!

eek5

I slogged through general forums today and came back with something useful.

Second anniversary livestream, part 1, from 35:08 to 37:10 - Wyatt Cheng and Jesse McCree talk about Rift it Forward and the current dev stance on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJHJgoOR0g&list=UUxn8csYeZg6awRnZS-aqg0g#t=2108

The key part is at 36:52. Having just finished talking about RiF and nerfing the Act 1 T6 rift exploit, they continue: (short paraphrase)
(Wyatt)When evaluating whether to nerf something, we consider the gameplay it's creating. If that's "play around with the UIs a lot", it's probably a good candidate for revision.
(Jesse) ... or to sit and watch chat and right click on it.

Later, in segment 4 at 15:00:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNwhz0yqHnM#t=897
(Rob Foote) You know, I think Wyatt said a great piece in his segment. If the gameplay of "what is the best thing to do" starts looking, you know, degenerate or worse, like you're just dealing with UI and chatting with people and trying to figure out if it's your turn to do something, that's probably not going to be the way you want to go. If you're killing monsters and having fun, that's probably the way you do want to go.

Relevant info for people jumping in on those discussions. The last quote by Grimiku isn't the latest!

I wonder how they feel about me spending 5 minutes creating 8 games to find the mule that has the piece of equipment I want then opening stash UI to put it into stash, quitting, and making another game with the character I originally wanted to "[kill] monsters [with] and [have] fun" so I can hit the stash UI again and get the item I wanted. ;)

Boogdud

Sometimes I just really don't get this game. How is it possible to clear 4 tier IV rifts completely and consecutively and not get a single legendary? I mean I know it's possible, but it shouldn't be even remotely likely. Every now and again I just seem to go on these streaks of unbelievable bad luck. This is the second night in a row where I'll run 4-5 rifts and find absolutely nothing.

Sometimes I just really don't get this game. How is it possible to clear 4 tier IV rifts completely and consecutively and not get a single legendary? I mean I know it's possible, but it shouldn't be even remotely likely. Every now and again I just seem to go on these streaks of unbelievable bad luck. This is the second night in a row where I'll run 4-5 rifts and find absolutely nothing.

Sounds like a great time to get those Horadric Cache from Tyrael for RoRG, Gloves of Worship, Pridesfall, etc...

Laconic

Banned
What would it take to propel a Lightning Barb from semi-hard T3, to up with the big boys in T4-6?

I have 7500ish str, 90% Lit, the Auglid 7% and 15% bonuses, another 6% reduction to melee, and a couple of skill bonuses. And I currently use a 2100 35% OS, and a piddly 1700 TF that has the fortunate bonus of a roll of over 350% damage on its proc. Oh, and 51% CC, 475% CHC, and 35% IAS.

Boogdud

Sounds like a great time to get those Horadric Cache from Tyrael for RoRG, Gloves of Worship, Pridesfall, etc...

Oh, I've got my rings... and that's a great idea and all. But on my 5th rift, I got to 95% and "your connection to battle.net timed out" kicked me right the hell out.

You know what, fuck this game.

edit: Oh yeah, it was my last keys so I can't even run another one.

scy

I wonder how they feel about me spending 5 minutes creating 8 games to find the mule that has the piece of equipment I want then opening stash UI to put it into stash, quitting, and making another game with the character I originally wanted to "[kill] monsters [with] and [have] fun" so I can hit the stash UI again and get the item I wanted. ;)

RIP Auction House

CRA5H

I have a feeling I won't be seeing any good loot for a while as I've used up all my luck today in 5 hours.

Mask of Jeram
Rheno Flayer
Quetzalcoatl
Homunculus

Also tried rolling for TnT with the 400 shards I had but no bite. That's gonna be another 30K+ shards.

CRA5H

Can't get Essence of the Twin seas to drop for me. Any tips?

Keep doing Act 2 areas listed here, the sand thing shows up, I kill it and no drops :( http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...e-legendary-crafting-materials-drop-locations

This is on T6.
Lt. Runs are a good way to go. I also just reopen, check for razor bounty, then do a sewer run as I usually get mats for Aug and ash doing sewers. Just look for the unique looking debris in the sewers and that will spawn you your monster for essence.

th3dude

Had a great loot night. Nabbed a Maximus and a Foote.

Question: what build (based on my items) should I work on?

1. Foote + Jekang + holy
2. Foote + Jekang + fire
3. Shaeffers + thundergods + lightning (hammer)
4. Something with Maximus?

I dare say that the lightning is most fun. The shields are strange now. I swear the fire rune is doing more damage than shattering throw even with my holy gear on.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I say choose any of them

Lightning can be a bit more fun because heavens fury cooldown isn't that bad.

Fire can be crazy because the amount of damage you output.

Foote holy can also be pretty badass because of shattering throw (super powerful)

I'd rank fire with maximus as first. You can't beat fire right now. On T1, my sweep key essentially deletes everyone from its path. The fire chains from maximus proc at 8 million per hit like 5 times a second for me... insane damage.

Foote with holy as second... but it's more difficult to work the build because you don't have as many options. I only rank this second for shattering throw.

Schaefer+lightning as third... but i HIGHLY recommend using it as a primary normal farm build (for caches, rift keys)

I played with foote+fire for a little bit but same problem with foote lightning build... shields don't travel far enough... nowhere near as far as shattering throw

scy

It's worth noting that Gyrfalcon + Shattering Throw is a lot worse now than it was pre-change so it's not as easy (or, rather, you need real supporting gear now) to T5/T6 gear it as it was before. That said, it'll still do fine for the low-to-mid Torments for clear speeds so it may be the best option just to get the rest of the gear farmed out.

That said, most Fire builds are still going to be generally better than it, even ones without Darklight, so you might clear faster on that anyway.

Fatphotog

Banned
I have a feeling I won't be seeing any good loot for a while as I've used up all my luck today in 5 hours.

Mask of Jeram
Rheno Flayer
Quetzalcoatl
Homunculus

Also tried rolling for TnT with the 400 shards I had but no bite. That's gonna be another 30K+ shards.

I've been trying for a t&t for ever! I've got 5 magefists(!) in the process, though.

CRA5H

Does Tall Man's finger work in conjunction with Homunculus? Or will I need to use the Summon Zombie Dogs skill to proc Tall Man's?

Also, does it make sense to use Zombie Dogs while having Humonculus equipped? Maybe there is something I can take advantage of here that I am not seeing?
From my testing last night, it was redundant to have both as you're still limited to your Zombie Dog count given your passives. The only benefit of having Summon Dogs is for the Rune of your choice but I am still confused if the Dogs summoned by Humonculus inherit any of the rune effects if Summon Zombie Dogs is equipped. Visually, it doesn't seem like it but maybe someone may have more knowledge regarding this.

*EDIT*
the official forums actually offers great feedback.. for the most part. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926662743

Also.. seems like they do in fact inherit the rune ability if you have the skill equipped..http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/20l54a/psa_about_the_new_homunculus/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom